• Breaking News

    Monday, November 26, 2018

    Accounting Guideline Reminder - Duplicate posting of same or similar content.

    Accounting Guideline Reminder - Duplicate posting of same or similar content.


    Guideline Reminder - Duplicate posting of same or similar content.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 07:33 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, this reminder is in light of the excessive amount of separate "kool aid swag" threads that have been submitted in the last 24 hours. I had to remove over a dozen of them today as they began taking over the front page of /r/accounting.

    Last year the mod team added the following posting guideline based on feedback we received from the community. We believe this guideline has been successful in maintaining a front page that has a variety of content, while still allowing the community to retain the authority to vote on what kind of content can be found on the front page (and where it is ranked).

    __

    We recommend posting follow-up messages/jokes/derivatives in the comment section of the first thread posted. For example - a person posts an image, and you create a similar image with the same template or idea - you should post your derivative of that post in the comment section. If your version requires significantly more effort to create, is very different, or there is a long period of time between the two posts, then it might be reasonable to post it on it's own, but as a general guideline please use the comments of the initial thread.

    __

    The community coming together over a joke that hits home, or making our own inside jokes, is something that makes this place great. However, it can be frustrating when the variety of content found here disappears temporarily due to something that is easy to duplicate turning into rehashing the same joke on the entire front page of this subreddit.

    The mods have added this guideline as we believe any type of content should be visible on the front page - low effort goofy jokes, or serious detailed discussion, but no type of content should dominate the front page just because it is easy to replicate.

    submitted by /u/potatoriot
    [link] [comments]

    [legit] Tax of Asian

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 07:06 PM PST

    The IRS when you don't pay your taxes

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 03:18 PM PST

    EY new manager kicked out of milestones before it even started

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 10:49 AM PST

    Just went to the first session for new manager milestones in Orlando for EY. They made an announcement that a participant was asked to leave Orlando after inappropriate shenanigans last night. Anyone got any details or anything?

    Sounded saucy.

    submitted by /u/NewEyManager
    [link] [comments]

    This week after the #ThotAudit

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 08:44 PM PST

    Thot audit

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 06:11 PM PST

    Ahh so that’s how it works

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 06:54 PM PST

    For those of you coming here asking about exit opportunities

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 08:59 PM PST

    Elon Musk, ex big-4 manager?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 04:23 PM PST

    Studying for BEC...

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 09:16 PM PST

    When someone tells you busy season "isn't too bad"

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 09:15 PM PST

    How many hours do you work per week?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 01:18 PM PST

    Please specify if you work in audit or tax. Please also specify your busy-season hours vs. non-busy season hours. If you could give some insight on what type of company you work for (B4, mid-tier company, local CPA firm, etc) that would help tremendously.

    I am trying to explore accounting careers more and am curious to learn about the hours in different types of companies.Thanks!

    submitted by /u/DizzyScholar
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone hear back from the IRS for the mass hiring yet?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 07:45 AM PST

    What do accountants actually do?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 09:56 PM PST

    So basically I'm a junior in high school and I've seriously got to start thinking about what I want to major in when I apply for college.

    I'm interested in accounting and computer science as of right now. I've taken a couple business classes, took an accounting class last year and I'm in the last accounting class my school offers this year. I know it's not the most exciting work, but I've figured I could live with it.

    One thing people can never seem to answer, however, no matter what career it is, is what you people actually DO every day. Every day you walk into the office and sit down at your desk, what do you actually do for 8 hours?

    This is by far the most important factor in choosing a career for me but no one can seem to answer that question.

    submitted by /u/sldq
    [link] [comments]

    The day i saw i friend of mine drawing out a man in a bathtub, and with no text description whatsoever in a midterm to answer "what is big bath", I lost my hope in humanity.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 09:46 PM PST

    We both were 4th year students at that time. He graduated with 2.7 something. The picture was half a page big drawn with a pencil, he even highlighted the bath with a pen, and added a smiley face. He did not even put "figure: Big bath in action".

    submitted by /u/abd398
    [link] [comments]

    How did you get your first accounting job?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 05:39 PM PST

    Hi everyone,

    I graduated with a bachelors in Accounting in Spring 2018. Currently, I am studying for the CPA exams and just took the REG exam. I am positive that I did not pass the REG exam. I been trying to find a accounting job because I know that even if I pass the CPA exams it does not guarantee me a Job. The problem is that all the accounting jobs I see require at least one year of experience. During college I worked as a waiter for four years to pay for rent. That is really all the experience I have. I did volunteer for VITA once. My GPA is 2.9 which is not great. My major GPA is 3.1. Any suggestions is appreciated! Thank you so much in advance

    submitted by /u/HungryHippos55
    [link] [comments]

    At what point in your career did you decide you were ready to have children?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 04:17 PM PST

    For planning purposes I've always thought that I wanted to have my first kid around the age of 27-28. I'm 24 now and am about to graduate with my bachelor's and just started a job as a staff accountant. I do plan on getting my CPA and moving up the accounting career ladder so i'm just trying to see at what role in accounting careers does starting a family seem the most viable/doable? I'm female btw!

    submitted by /u/Tortiaa
    [link] [comments]

    IRS mass hiring

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 01:53 PM PST

    I applied for them when they were doing that mass hiring and I forgot about it since then. I just got an email from the IRS saying I need to do an assessment by next Tuesday, Dec. 4, and based on that score I will get an interview. And based on that interview I will possibly get a job. It would be my rust accounting job since I graduated back in May.

    I was wondering if anyone has done the assessment yet and any tips you guys have or what I should study for it and are willing to share would be great.

    submitted by /u/princebalzyy
    [link] [comments]

    ¿Qué hicimos el año pasado? … relevant

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 06:43 PM PST

    Anybody willing to answer some interview questions for me?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 04:20 PM PST

    Hey guys, I have an assignment right now where I am to interview accountants, but I don't know any in real life. I was hoping I could get some of you to answer some of these questions for me. It really doesn't matter who you are, or if you even answer all of them, all I need is something, thanks!

    1. What has been your career path from college to present?
    2. Is this job where you thought you would end up?
    3. How long have you been in your current job?
    4. How do you spend most of your time at work?
    5. What are the major job responsibilities?
    6. What are the satisfying aspects of the work?
    7. What are the dissatisfying aspects of the work? Is this typical of the field?
    8. What are the greatest pressures, strains or anxieties in the work?
    9. How do people in this profession keep work-life balance?
    10. What are the main or most important personal characteristics for success in the field?
    11. What type of person in your opinion is not a good fit for this profession?
    12. Is there anything you wish someone had told you earlier about this profession when you were in college?

    I feel like an idiot asking here, but it's all I have, so I really will appreciate any input at all, thank you.

    submitted by /u/ismeel125
    [link] [comments]

    Which one of yous quit to become a social media inspo guru?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 07:51 AM PST

    PwC - Is it pathetic if it takes someone 3 years to make senior?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 06:58 PM PST

    Self-explanatory. I know that 3 years is technically the standard timeline, but does it take most people 3 years?

    submitted by /u/throwawaycpa94
    [link] [comments]

    EY- Audit Staff, How are your hours?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 04:01 PM PST

    How many hours do you work during non-busy season? And busy season?

    submitted by /u/Sara_Ali
    [link] [comments]

    How to stay motivated during non-busy season

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 07:03 PM PST

    Anyone have tips on this?

    I have things I got to do but not as motivated as I was during the busy seasons...

    How can I churn out good work and stayed motivated with more time?

    submitted by /u/dadud3r
    [link] [comments]

    Any other incoming interns not really feeling the Christmas Party?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2018 08:11 PM PST

    Firms Christmas party is in 2 weeks. I'm going to know zero people. I don't have a girlfriend and I'm not talking to anyone so I wouldn't have a guest. Finals will be going on and I don't drink alcohol or party. I don't start there until January, Does it really matter if I go?

    submitted by /u/FlexasAandM
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment