• Breaking News

    Thursday, February 3, 2022

    Roof claim for hail damage, "item did not previously exist" Insurance

    Roof claim for hail damage, "item did not previously exist" Insurance


    Roof claim for hail damage, "item did not previously exist"

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 06:45 AM PST

    Roof was replaced due to hail damage. In the adjuster's estimate, one of the line items for "Ice and water barrier" reads

    This item did not previously exist or expands the scope of repairs, but is required by current building codes. The code upgrade cost is payable when incurred, subject to limits.

    It looks like they listed it but then lined it out, and it thus wasn't included in what they paid out.

    My layman's understanding is that this is something that wasn't part of the roof originally but is now a requirement when replacing the roof going forward. But I'm wondering if they (USAA) should be compensating for it because it's necessary to get the roof back to proper order?

    Is it normal that I should have to pay for such a line item (it's about $1900) or should I argue for it? I don't have too much experience in dealing with insurance claims.

    submitted by /u/CorporalPunishment23
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance Claim Query

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 08:51 AM PST

    Hi all,

    One small question regarding insurance . I was driving my friend's car over the snowy weekend. Due to the slippery road, the car skidded and hit the corner side of the ramp on the highway .

    I borrowed my friend's car for a short trip, I am not part of car insurance and my friend was not in the car at the time of the accident.

    To make things worse, the cop took note of my driving license and car registration as the accident was on the highway .

    Impact of the accident was little, there was not a single scratch on the car but the passenger side airbags came out immediately .

    My question here is can my friend still claim the insurance ? informing the Insurance company he was not in the car at the time of the accident ?

    Do you think Insurance company will honor this clam ( even though i am not part of his insurance and he was not there in the car at the time of accident )

    Has anyone encountered this scenario earlier ? Please advise .

    submitted by /u/Jodhabhai
    [link] [comments]

    Life insurance term

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 04:41 AM PST

    My life insurance term contract expired a few years ago but the company is still billing me annually, as they always have, and I am still paying. Will they pay out upon my death?

    submitted by /u/571689423
    [link] [comments]

    What are the big conferences for Insurers?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 10:11 AM PST

    I'm a civil engineering PhD student doing research into building damage during extreme wind events like hurricanes. I think this would be of interest to insurance companies, but currently our findings are rarely disseminated outside academia. I'd like to attend some of the big insurance conferences to share this research - what are some of the big ones in the US?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Exact-Purchase-4347
    [link] [comments]

    Change auto insurance company while title and registration application of new car is submitted

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 10:01 AM PST

    Hi all,

    I have just purchased a new car and want to change insurance company because the current company does not provide GAP insurance. In the title registration form, it asked for insurance info and the dealership filled my current insurer's info.

    I would like to know if I change to another insurance company now, will it affect to my title application while the application was just submitted ?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/hoxuantu
    [link] [comments]

    Taking my P&C Georgia agent exam tomorrow afternoon! Need some tips…

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 09:39 AM PST

    How's the format/questions like? I've been using the ExamFX for $5 app that my class recommended to me, and feel as if the questions are difficult enough to seem like they'd be on an actual exam.

    I've taken it like 15 times over the last couple weeks and have started making consistent 90% the last 5 times or so.

    Are the Georgia specific questions difficult? Those seem to be the ones I might be the weakest on.

    submitted by /u/Mulligan0816
    [link] [comments]

    Her claim? My claim? who decides? How?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 09:23 AM PST

    How does insurance decide who is at fault in a minor traffic crash? There is no police report, even when police were at the scene and documented it all, because it had happened on a private road (HOA owned neighborgood).

    There are 2 statements, one that someone had been hit by a car that was cutting the corner while turning into the neighborhood, another one, that the car emerged out of nowhere from the stop sign. There are witnesses and cops took some photos too.

    No injuries and no big loss of property. But anyway, Is it better if you go with a claim on YOUR insurance or with a claim on OTHER driver's insurance? Why? What are the consequences premium/deductible? How does the insurance decide who is at fault? Can you or the other driver dispute their conclusions?

    submitted by /u/EquipmentNo2707
    [link] [comments]

    Who will be said is at fault and could I fight them on it?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 09:15 AM PST

    Hi everyone,

    I got into a car crash a week or so ago. I was driving down the right lane of a two lane boulevard, I noticed a car was waiting to make a right turn into my lane form a side residential street, there is a light at this intersection. The light turned yellow as I was almost there, and it was snowing, so I did not hit the breaks as I would've slid. As I came up to the light the guy decided to make his turn, he was looking to the right where he was going, so I guess he did not see me coming up to him at 50km/h, and our cars connected (the corners crashed together) right under the light.

    He said no need to call the police since no one is hurt. He asked to go fill out the accident report at his house since he lived nearby and was cold. When I was there he asked me to put down that I ran the red light. I wish I didn't but I was at his house and uncomfortable. It says on the accident report that it does not constitute a proof of guilt, so I wrote it down but still gave my version of the events to his insurance afterwards.

    I have been trying to figure out what the insurance uses to decide who is at fault, but it's all pretty vague. I have a feeling they would say it's my fault because my light was yellow, but they teach us to determine if it is safe to break or not when the light turns yellow and you are very close to it and I didn't think it was.

    I was wondering if you guys have expertise with who is considered at fault in such a situation, and in the case they do find me at fault, is there a way to fight it?

    Also, my 17 year old brother was in the passenger seat in my car when it happened, I did mention it to the insurance guy but he did not ask me for his contact to talk to him.

    submitted by /u/mmebaguette
    [link] [comments]

    Motorcycle insurance: medical coverage

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 08:50 AM PST

    Recently was gifted a Vespa by my uncle. Getting everything set up including insurance right now. One coverage I'm unclear on is medical through the motorcycle insurance company (Progressive).

    Does my primary health insurance typically cover injuries in a motorcycle crash, regardless of fault?

    My understanding was that the motorcycle medical coverage provides for additional items (like copays, lost work time, etc.) and my primary insurance would cover direct costs in their normal way?

    Also, saw that my primary insurance may go after someone based on fault to recover their costs?

    submitted by /u/climbingTaco
    [link] [comments]

    Son lent car on my policy to a friend; sideswiped.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 08:35 AM PST

    My son is at school in California. He returned from winter break and saw significant damage to the side of his car. Friend claimed not to be aware of it and that it must've been sideswiped while parked.

    Clearly, this is possible but I wonder about the following:

    • Since it is unclear what the timing was, not to mention the exact circumstances, should I file a police report?

    • There is significant white paint from whatever impacted the vehicle. How easy is it to determine whether this paint is automotive or from a stationary object possibly hit by the driver?

    • My son was not in control of the vehicle at the time as his friend was driving it, does it complicate the situation unnecessarily to mention that?

    • Will this definitely raise rates?

    Coverage is USAA.

    Many thanks.

    submitted by /u/lapinchien
    [link] [comments]

    Fixing a "totaled" car and it's impact on our insurance

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 05:38 AM PST

    We've had our second teen accident in about 3 years.

    My daughter totaled our Civic 2-3 years ago and a couple weeks ago my son rear ended someone else and effectively totaled his Camry. We've talked to 3 mechanics and they all say the same thing. No damage (personal or vehicle) to other crash party for the Camry (phew).

    So we've talked to insurance and we know our rates will go up regardless of the claim. They've also warned us if this happens again we might get dropped. We are bracing for about a 40% increase in premiums, regardless of claim status.

    What they won't tell us and I'm trying to get any sense of is whether the insurance will go up due to the claim. Am I better off buying the kid a different used car for $4,000 or repairing his for the same amount where I'm only out of pocket $500 up front? The trouble of course is that there are no used cars right now.

    Anyone have any guidance on the claim?

    submitted by /u/jcwillia1
    [link] [comments]

    Parked car hit by neighbor who was plowing the driveway (Michigan)

    Posted: 03 Feb 2022 12:18 AM PST

    My car was parked at my in-laws house yesterday, and was struck by their neighbor who was plowing the driveway. Neighbor owns his own landscaping business. No one was home but he left a note and I am meeting with him tomorrow afternoon to trade details. The entire hatch and rear glass are blown out. Does anyone know if a police report will be need to be filed on this? I assume take lots of pictures.

    submitted by /u/Sad-Lawfulness410
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment