• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 1, 2022

    Medical Insurance Grievance Help Insurance

    Medical Insurance Grievance Help Insurance


    Medical Insurance Grievance Help

    Posted: 01 Feb 2022 07:54 AM PST

    I've been going rounds with my medical insurance for three months over a nerve conduction test/EMG I had done in October of last year to determine if I needed double carpal tunnel surgery or not. Insurance company says it's an 'investigative' procedure no matter what my neurologist/orthopedist/hospital say it is and refuses to cover it, so I'm getting ready to file a grievance. I was hoping someone might have tips on what to include to best help build my case that it was necessary and diagnostic rather than investigative aside from telling them not to be stupid, EMGs are routine for this situation, which is all I feel like telling them right now.

    submitted by /u/TotesEnthused
    [link] [comments]

    Out-Of-State College Student Car Insurance

    Posted: 01 Feb 2022 08:07 AM PST

    Hello all, title is pretty self explanatory. I am an out of state student acquiring a car, and looking into auto insurance. I will not be under my parents account. My drivers license and primary residence is in Alabama, and I go to school and have an address to the place I rent in Georgia. I assume I need to register the car in Alabama even though I live in Georgia for the majority of the year. Any help or clarification is appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/No_Cryptographer2766
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody use All State Milewise?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2022 07:52 AM PST

    So I have a little car that I use to go from home to work & back, it's about 6.5 miles one way. My question is; I want to get All State Milewise solely for this vehicle only, how do they track how many miles you've driven? Is it through your phone? Bc if it's through my phone, then when I drive my other vehicles this could effect my Milewise miles. Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/_A-1_
    [link] [comments]

    Car Insurance (moving states for a year)

    Posted: 01 Feb 2022 07:10 AM PST

    Hey everyone, my car and license is registered in New Jersey but I plan on moving to PA for a year (given remote work) and coming back. Do I need to register my car for PA? and would that affect my car insurance at all (State Farm)? Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/shibainu123456
    [link] [comments]

    Negotiating vehicle total loss value

    Posted: 01 Feb 2022 05:35 AM PST

    Anyone have experience negotiating a total loss with GEICO? They are not being very responsive and are also clearly lowballing me. What are my options?

    submitted by /u/airatlantic
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to be an insurance adjuster

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 04:47 PM PST

    Hi all my husband is interested in becoming an insurance adjuster (property) so I'm posting on his behalf. He has been getting interviews but always gets turned down due to his limited actual insurance adjuster experience. He's worked for the county and done property and home inspections and that's the closest he's come to "adjusting". Do you think it would help if he sat for the adjuster license for NC and then applied to these roles?

    submitted by /u/BackgroundEconomics6
    [link] [comments]

    Damaged bike claim with no receipt uk

    Posted: 01 Feb 2022 04:24 AM PST

    A car wrote off by push bike and left the scene but luckily someone got a photo of the car. With the drivers reg plate I got the details of the insurance company and contacted them to make a claim. My bike was bought for £1000 about 5 years ago but I can't find the receipt. What will happen with any payout if I don't have the receipt of purchase? And what will happen if I can find the receipt? This has also been reported to the police and I have a crime reference number. Thanks

    submitted by /u/Longjumping-Tour-251
    [link] [comments]

    Homeowners Water Damage Claim

    Posted: 01 Feb 2022 04:15 AM PST

    Had water damage and mold. there is a mortgage. Restoration company demo'd kitchen floor, lower cabinets, and counters. Ins company sent contractor and approved estimate which included rebuilding lower cabinet boxes, and replacing entire house engineered hardwood floor (for matching purposes). Ins contractor said entire floor had to be replaced or floor would not be covered for any future ins claims. Obviously, a large part of the estimate is the flooring. Adjuster said we could use a contractor of our choice, as long as their estimate was consistent with the approved estimate from the contractor they sent.

    We want to just replace the kitchen floor with tile and transition it into the good existing floor to avoid tearing up the rest of the house and ruining the floor. We also want to replace cabinets with new cabinets and upgrade stove top, sink, and hood. We expect to pay out if pocket for additional costs.

    We have had 2 other contractors come in for estimates.

    One said he would write up the estimate based on what we wanted, and we would pay out of pocket for upgrades or non covered items. He said the estimate would be lower than the one for a full floor, and the insurance company might be negotiable on some of the items we want.

    The other contractor said that we were entitled to the entire amount previously approved. He would write up the estimate for with the full floor replacement, but that the floor could be done as we want it, and the saved money from floor replacement could be re-allocated to new cabinets and kitchen upgrades.

    What is the correct way to submit my claim? For the actual work to be done, or is it like an auto claim, where the claim is paid but you can decide whether to fix it?

    I want to do it right, and don't want to have any issues with insurance company paying or future claims if the work is different from the estimate in regards to the area of flooring replaced.

    submitted by /u/CAD007
    [link] [comments]

    Burial Insurance purchased in 1948

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 05:51 PM PST

    My grandmother purchased burial insurance for my father in 1948 from the National Burial Insurance Company out of Memphis, TN. My father passed away last Wednesday and we found the document before we went to the funeral home this weekend. The company is no longer in business, but looks like may have changed names/been sold multiple times since then.

    Does anyone have any insight as to whether or not there is a company that would hold the policy now? We weren't prepared for this. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/vvvourtney
    [link] [comments]

    Claims Adjusters: We need to Unionize

    Posted: 30 Jan 2022 11:02 PM PST

    I don't need to explain to you how fucked it is right now, regardless of which company you work for. Geico & State Farm have hour long call times FFS. It's been like that for half a year and I never remember it being this bad. I work Non-Standard claims and the struggle is ungodly.

    I've become hateful and completely jaded. I've got a low pending, but it's because I'm a soulless drone that's pulling minimum 50 hr work weeks. I basically work S-F, and that's just to so I don't lose my shit during the week. My manager is also a fucking moron, yet she's also drowning with us. We save companies 100s of millions a year effectively resolving claims and I just got an email notifying us that our company made 7 BILLION this last year. Are you fucking kidding me???

    We need to get together and unionize NOW if we ever want this to get better.

    I don't just want to hear a fuck yes, I want an actual road map with bullet points on what we need to do to get this going.

    Edit: FYI I'm hourly not salaried. If I were salaried I would have already gotten fired for excessive complaints made to the board.

    submitted by /u/Sodomitus
    [link] [comments]

    Safeco Billing Notices

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 07:47 PM PST

    My policy was canceled without warning for non-payment. I pay six months at a time and never got a renewal notice or anything. My responsibility to set my own reminders or whatever but...they told me they send one notice at 3 months and that customers often ask for more notifications and are looking into it. Bruh it's 2022.

    Is that true? Do they really not send any kind of reminder or warning email, text, notification, or call?

    They sent me 12 emails about Right Track but none about my bill. Yes, I checked spam and I searched for emails that's how I realized that they aren't sending me billing emails until the day I was cancelled.

    All I want to know is if I am having the intended Safeco customer experience where the only way to know what I owe and when is to download my policy. Or is it supposed to be easier than that?

    submitted by /u/skoolieman
    [link] [comments]

    Progressive commercial insurance

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 11:16 PM PST

    So right now I am paying $2500 a month or 15,000 for six months for my commercial auto policy I am indeed a new company. One of my drivers ran into a really Unfortunate situation where the cop conducted inspection And wrote up a bunch of violations That were far from the truth and now I am going to receive a bunch of SMS points how do you guys think this will affect my policy with my renewal coming up soon. I haven't filed any claims is my insurance gonna skyrocket?

    submitted by /u/Gainsssssssss
    [link] [comments]

    Rear ended someone, they agreed to not go through insurance wondering if this is a bad idea or not

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 07:11 PM PST

    I'm 19 and got distracted by some police lights and rear ended someone. The damage is about $4,000 that the dealer quoted them for OEM repair. I'm wondering if I should pay the dealer to fix it or if it's a bad idea. Also my insurance company called him, but haven't reached out to me yet and haven't opened a claim. They reported it to the accident reporting centre.

    My question is if I pay this guys bill at the dealer, will my insurance still take an accident forgiveness away, or put an accident on my record even if I didn't ask to file a claim? Especially since they have caught wind of the situation. If they are going to raise my rates I'm thinking I may as well just use a claim and be done with it.

    submitted by /u/jettagli201777
    [link] [comments]

    Is car insurance higher on a car that’s been in an accident? (Canada)

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 10:26 PM PST

    Hey all!

    I'll note, it's from a big car dealership (Toyota / Hyundai kinda place.)

    First time car buyer, I'm curious I've found a car I really like, I was told to check the Car fax on it - so I did.

    After looking into it - I noticed the cad has been in… three accidents.

    First one says "Accident involving front impact, car was not damaged"

    Second "accident reported minor damages, vehicle involved in rear end collision"

    Third, doesn't have much detail or police report, just says "damage reported to front".

    Looking at photos it looks fine, but I definitely plan on checking it out in person / test driving it.

    Is there any insurance reason on not to buy a car that has been in an accident before? Maybe the warranties aren't the same.

    (As a note I'm 25/M/ Canada, first time car owner. But have been driving for 3-4 years)

    EDIT: remade post due to title having a spelling error…

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/TheFoulest
    [link] [comments]

    My mother is low income and should qualify for medicaid-can she enroll in a marketplace plan just in case her medicaid is denied? Will they reject her for having marketplace while she waits for results?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 05:22 PM PST

    Well NJ open enrollment ends tonight, and I'm worried about her. Last time she got denied for medicaid for making just 1k over the limit. This year her income is less, but she is probably hovering right at the line. Just in case she gets denied, I want her to have something - but will enrollment in a marketplace plan impact her medicaid ability? Will they reject her? She hasn't had insurance for over a year and its nerve-wrecking! She is 55. Her medicaid application response won't be for ~30 days! The application is for my sister too, who is 24 and unemployed.

    Or, does being denied allow for Special Enrollment period, and its best to apply on the marketplace after the denial? Website says losing Medicaid coverage is a qualifying life event, but does that include denial (vs having it, then losing it)?

    The household income is really low as my dad makes pennies, he somehow has health insurance through disability.

    submitted by /u/fairlaw888
    [link] [comments]

    Brand new dishwasher flooded kitchen and basement

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 05:06 PM PST

    I bought a brand new dishwasher from Home Depot two weeks ago and had their chosen sub-contractor install it.

    I didn't run it at all today and I worked from home. I ran to the store and when I came back it was making all sorts of noises and water was everywhere. The kitchen is okay but the sheetrock in the basement has water behind it/it was pouring through the ceiling.

    The housing where the hose goes into the dishwasher seems to be the issue. Should my first call be to Home Depot, Whirlpool, the sub-contractor, or home owners insurance? It was -2f today but I've no idea if that was the cause.

    submitted by /u/Yokiboy
    [link] [comments]

    50/50 incident that isn't my fault

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 08:47 PM PST

    Hi all, I'll try to keep this short. I would appreciate any advice so I don't do the wrong thing :)

    The incident:

    Parking lot incident, I was 90% backed out, was fully stationery getting ready to put the car in drive. Car right across parking lot (directly across from my car) decided to back out when I was 90% backed out and my car was positioned right behind their car. They pulled out so fast and hit my car, I didn't have time to move out of the way or honk.

    I took a video of our conversation after. In the video, there are 2 witnesses there (unfortunately didn't get their info) and in the video are saying that my car is clearly pulled out much farther and then she decided to pull out. The person who hit my car also says "I did not see you! Why didn't you honk?" and denied fault. I am currently in touch with the property manager of the lot to see if there's any surveillance footage we could access (not legally, but perhaps he can take a video of it or testify with what he sees as a "witness"). Side note there is no police report for this because there were no injuries involved.

    Result: Other party's insurance is set on making this a 50/50 claim. The damages on my car will be ~$1.5K - this is my estimate but I will get a couple estimates at autoshops

    Question: Should I pursue going to small claims court or is there another route to take? Are there any downsides to going to small claims court (aside from time/cost)?

    TLDR: Should I take this 50/50 liability parking lot accident that I don't think I'm at fault for to small claims court?

    Thank you so much all! Appreciate your kindness.

    submitted by /u/lostsoul6103
    [link] [comments]

    Parked in a fire lane - car totaled (MI)

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 02:43 PM PST

    I just moved into a new home and have been having people park in a fire lane. This isn't well labeled - one sign is a few houses in one direction and one sign a few houses away in the other. Obviously I am now well aware that they shouldn't park in the street.

    That being said, my partner stayed over the other night and his car was totaled at 6:30AM. The person who hit his car wasn't drunk and said he hit ice "that must've evaporated…" He must've been texting and driving and hit my boyfriends car going substantially above 25. His car moved 15+ feet and turned 90 degrees.

    A police report was filed with no mention of the fire lane from the cop - again it's poorly labeled from outside my home. The guy is now fighting that this was partially my boyfriends fault for illegally parking. His car was along the curb and not in any way obstructing the road even though it was in a fire lane.

    I'm new to MI and don't really understand no-fault… what do you think? Do you think he'll get any money for the car or because it's no-fault he's just screwed?

    submitted by /u/tguido
    [link] [comments]

    RSA under paying to write off my vehicle

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 04:51 PM PST

    I recently got into an accident where I wasn't at fault. My insurance company acknowledges this.

    RSA decided to write off the vehicle and give me a settlement number.

    When i research the sales value of my vehicle I get a number that is 20% higher than their number.

    They claim that its because of covid and lack of supply that is inflating the market value. I argue that I am paying inflated prices at car dealerships for the same reason, so it's a wash. I also argue that if my I sirance company pays out on the cars value, then that's the market value at the time of the accident.

    My sources were Kellys blue book (average dealer price) Kijijiauto and auto trade.

    I don't feel like I have any leverage here. They simply delay my payment regardless of my arguments.

    What can I do?

    submitted by /u/Phillymontana
    [link] [comments]

    How do car people afford to insure so many cars?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 08:27 PM PST

    I'm looking to expand my car to a few more beaters and project cars. I was wondering how people working hourly jobs are able to afford not only all the associated costs with project cars (which is quite a lot), but also the costs of insuring a daily, plus a few other cars. Insuring my one car alone is already insanely pricey with minimum coverage after two minor tickets! How do they do it? Do they just, drive uninsured?

    submitted by /u/Ferolind
    [link] [comments]

    Does it make sense to get full coverage for my beater if delivering food is my only source of income and have no other backup vehicles?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 11:36 AM PST

    Home Inventory Software

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 06:50 PM PST

    Any suggestion for Home Inventory software. I thought about using Excel but I want to be able to include pictures and have a decent interface. A lot of Home Inventory software is tied to specific insurance companies, I want something agnostic.

    submitted by /u/SillyLilBear
    [link] [comments]

    Third Party Auto Insurance Limits

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 06:50 PM PST

    Hi all,

    I live in California and was recently in a minor freeway accident. After contacting the other party's insurance (Geico), it was determined that they're 100% at fault.

    On a call with Geico today, I was told that they would only pay for my repairs up to the other party's limits. So for example, if their limit is $5k and my repairs end up costing $10k, I'd have to use my own policy to cover the other $5k or pay it myself out of pocket. They also won't tell me what the other party's limit is so I won't know how much the repairs will cost me out of pocket until the repair is complete. This seems very wrong…but I don't know much about auto insurance. Can any help me understand exactly how this works in California?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/rayjordan24
    [link] [comments]

    Can you chnage your insurance cover amount and then make a claim straight afterwards?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2022 03:15 AM PST

    I just realised that my super company automwatically signed me up for income protection at the default amount ($1000 a month) upon joining the super company. Recently I got injured in a car accidnet and I have been unable to work and I would like to make an Income Protection claim however before I do this I would like to increase my cover to $2500 a month the effect of this is that the amount of money that is deducted form my super willl cincrease. Should I go ahead and adjust my cover before I make the claim or will it be suss that I am changing it and make an application right after??

    If not possible, should I wait for the cover to be approved and then just make a claim cause the insruace can backdate the payment to the date of injury. What are yall thoughts??

    submitted by /u/BlackGold98
    [link] [comments]

    A friend lent another friend his vehicle and he rolled and totalled it this friend does not have insurance of his own any insight?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2022 05:55 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment