• Breaking News

    Friday, September 10, 2021

    COBRA and Chemo Insurance

    COBRA and Chemo Insurance


    COBRA and Chemo

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 03:53 AM PDT

    Hello, my mom is going through chemo and her employer has dropped her insurance. She was not able to get all the Medicare paperwork completed before coverage was stopped and has stopped getting her weekly chemo. Should she keep going with treatments and sign up and those bills will be covered with COBRA once it all goes through? She's just waiting for something from social security and a signature from her employer for Medicare stuff. I'm just worried about her health with her skipping chemo. She's gone three weeks without anything as of now and should really start back up on Monday.

    Williamson County in Round Rock, TX (her employer is out of Redmond, WA I believe)

    submitted by /u/PancakeAndGravy
    [link] [comments]

    Progressive Snapshot App - 2 phones?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 09:13 PM PDT

    Hi, just recently signed up for Progressive and decided to opt into Snapshot. Originally chose a plug-in device, but realized I could just download the tracker on my secondary work phone and leave it at home while driving. Do they have some sort of way to figure this out - it just seems too easy... I am acknowledging that it's incredibly weird to have 0 drives in a month or even a week so I plan on making sure I have my second phone on me when I drive short distances like to the gym, or grocery shopping. Thanks in advance!

    Driving in Texas (thanks bot)

    submitted by /u/Ornery-Visit-8461
    [link] [comments]

    Homeowner’s Insurance after death by dog attack?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 09:48 AM PDT

    Location: North Carolina

    Has anyone seen such a policy?

    Two dogs killed a child that entered their yard (without permission). They may get the dogs back, but one of the conditions is to carry an insurance policy for the dogs.

    Are there any companies that have written a policy for a dog(s) that have killed a person?

    submitted by /u/Caitlinem427
    [link] [comments]

    Do I get a refund if I cancel my insurance

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 03:40 AM PDT

    I'm 18 with my first insurance policy and know nothing about it so sorry if this is a stupid question, but if I sell my car 3 out of 6 months into my insurance policy, do I get half my money back? Edit: I got the Insurance in Kansas (I'll probably be living in Arizona when I sell the car) and from Geico. Also I already paid the 6 months in full.

    submitted by /u/Illustrious-Web9850
    [link] [comments]

    ACA mandated drugs list

    Posted: 10 Sep 2021 03:16 AM PDT

    Is there a list of drugs that the ACA or Obamacare requires all insurance companies to cover as i see so called ACA preventative drug lists from different insurance companies but they are not all the same lists so I am not sure what ones the ACA really mandates

    submitted by /u/colorfulnina
    [link] [comments]

    Auto insurance claim is beyond limit of insurer. What are my options?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 04:04 PM PDT

    I was in a three car auto accident. My car has 23k in damage. The person who rear-ended me, and was 100% at fault for the accident, has coverage (Geiko) limit only to 25k. Since there is a third party with damage, they are unwilling to make the final 16k adjusted payment to cover my car, and are asking me to process the claim through my insurance and pay a deductible. I really don't want to do that.

    Is there any way to force Geiko, or the at-fault driver to cover the additional cost?

    I'm in California.

    submitted by /u/beatboxrevival
    [link] [comments]

    HOA’s master carrier has gone silent, and my adjuster is telling me to do his job

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 09:40 AM PDT

    EDIT: Thank you all for your replies, I understand where myself and all entities involved now stand in this situation. I've made moves regarding my HOA's board and threatened further action against the master carrier if they continue to stay silent.

    This is in New Jersey.

    April this year, damage occurred to my bathroom. Details aside, the HOA's master policy states it's their responsibility given the circumstances. Their adjuster came to inspect the damage in June, and I've not heard anything since. They ignore my calls and emails, and the HOA refuses to connect me to them.

    I filed a claim with my homeowners insurance the day it happened (Geico). My claim was sent to Assurant, as they are the company that handles these claims for Geico. My adjuster has been less than useless. His responses, if I ever get anything from him, consists of "I would call the master carrier" or "I would call the HOA".

    Several weeks ago, I told him the master carrier has gone silent and asked him to contact them. Last week I asked for an update, and he said he couldn't get ahold of them and told me to call the HOA. I told him I shouldn't need to, it's his job to deal with them and the insurance. Not only that, I've already told him they won't help me. I asked when he'd be filing a lawsuit with the master carrier. It's been a week and I've heard nothing, and he ignored my call today. I should also add the damage had still not been fixed, and I've received no advice as to when or where the money is coming from.

    I'd like to contact his supervisor, but I have no idea how to find out who that is. Is there any course of action I have here?

    submitted by /u/peoples888
    [link] [comments]

    When a settlement offer is made, what factors about your car do they take into consideration

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 05:28 PM PDT

    My car had a rebuilt status and was totalled. they told me the value of it based off of where I am in alberta canada is 5.2k in CAD$ minus my deductible i'd get 4.2k + gst in CAD$ which seems fair to me because that's the minimum salvage titles generally go for in my area. My car is a 2013 chevy cruze with 131,340 km. I accepted the offer and signed over the release form so i'm wondering is it final now? Can they take back their offer? insurance company is sonnet. I'm just confused because based off of endless reading on these threads I was expecting to get like 2k since it's a rebuilt I was so panicked. But my adjuster mentioned vehicle history was included in the appraisal?

    submitted by /u/mmp_09
    [link] [comments]

    Do you need a high school diploma to be a claims adjuster?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 11:19 PM PDT

    Some websites say you do and some say you don't. So I'm just wondering if anyone on here got certified and licensed without a HSD?

    submitted by /u/2hady
    [link] [comments]

    How do I negotiate with insurance to get a fair amount of money paid for the damage?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 11:11 PM PDT

    There was damage caused to my car at the fault of the city, so I am absolutely not at fault for this claim. The city's insurance had an adjuster check out the damage and their estimate is half of what a dealership collision center quoted me. My first question is, how do I negotiate for a fair payout? Do I bring the insurance estimate to the dealership and have them talk with each other? Second one is, I am not obligated to repair my car after the payout, correct?

    submitted by /u/Big-Stress-Guy
    [link] [comments]

    Car got rear-ended; minor damage(~<$500); police report filed at station - advice appreciated

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 11:07 PM PDT

    As stated in title; I exchanged insurance info with the other party (small business with work van) and went to file a police report on my own. Have front dashcam video with part of the post incident exchange. Would it be worth opening a claim against their policy or is it better to try to ask for compensation without the insurance (premium hike, yikes)? Thanks in advance. Accident happened in Pennsylvania.

    submitted by /u/exoticcoffeemaker
    [link] [comments]

    Best self employed insurance for late pregnancy/birth

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 10:03 PM PDT

    Hello all! New here so lmk if this isn't the right place to ask.

    Okay, so I am currently pregnant and am on my husband's employer sponsored insurance (BCBSNC PPO + HSA), along with him and our toddler. Deductible: $3000 ind/$6000 fam, OOPM: $3000 ind/$7250 fam. $640/month premium includes family dental.

    My husband will likely going independent in late November/early December and we will need self employed insurance. I am due in late March so I really want to make sure we choose the best insurance we can, as 2022 will (hopefully) be our most medically expensive year in the near term future.

    Compared to our current plan, the Marketplace plans oopm's seem really high. Should this number be my top concern? Feeling overwhelmed with unappealing choices lol (Note we expect our insurance cost to go up of course, budgeting for an increase of about $10k/year). We are in NC (plan to deliver at a unc/rex hospital) and would love any input!

    submitted by /u/mb232627
    [link] [comments]

    International travel covid-19 quarantine insurance

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 08:50 PM PDT

    Canadian here. Double-vaxxed and have a trip to Mexico planned. We are required to have a negative PCR test within 72 hours of returning to Canada or we'd have to quarantine in Mexico in a hotel. Wondering if anyone can recommend insurance that would cover this. Many insurance companies are voiding covid related insurance. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/mcrackin15
    [link] [comments]

    who do you thinks at fault? very large wide lane turns into 2 with a parking lot exit thrown in the mix. if this gray honda collided with a car leaving that parking lot who do you think is at fault?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 08:01 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/gallery/l7TGsiF

    if that jeep on the left didnt have a trailer, and a car was exiting that parking lot and crossing the lane to turn left and it collided with the gray honda, who would be at fault?

    notice the lack of a fog line making no edge or shoulder of the road? technically this is a single lane street until the solid white line where it turns into two

    the line of cars is technically legal. they are stopped in their lane waiting for the light.

    the honda is passing them because they are going to be entering the empty lane, but are they legally passing?

    massachusetts law only says no crossing over a double yellow to pass, and that you can pass on the left if theres "sufficient width".

    parking lot exit is at left. solid white lines indicate change from one really wide lane to two lanes (for turning at intersection)

    submitted by /u/abc987zyx
    [link] [comments]

    First time?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 07:14 PM PDT

    Who's a good first time insurance? I've been driving for over a year on a family members plan but it's time to get my own

    submitted by /u/lil_brunetter
    [link] [comments]

    Am I being held hostage?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 07:10 PM PDT

    First off, thank you for reading my post, I'm not sure where to go at this point.

    TLDR; I run a small business and my liability insurance is about to run out. My broker has failed to produce loss run reports so I can't shop around. They failed to provide me any quotes and I'm less that 2 weeks from having my insurance expire. This is in CA.

    My business is in assisted living so by law the state requires I carry liability (I agree btw). And I'm worried I'll be out with a "lapse" of coverage which may look bad or hinder my chances of getting a good rate?

    I requested loss run reports to which the broker said okay, " It'll take 7-10 days." We are now over a month and no reports. I approached the insurance company directly which I had to create letterhead and request it. Viola, I have the report. Now I send it out to a few companies, problem is there are so few companies that provide insurance.

    I finally get notice back that I was denied because, "Blocked/prior submission by another broker Changes in insurance guidelines requiring 3 years of liability insurance history"

    I've only been in business 2 years... So I can't get any new quotes because it appears our current broker has gone out and done that already. But I have no quotes to show for it.

    And when I ask for them I was told, " in August there were no quotes going out because there were some regulation changes and flooded with claims... So we won't be able to get any quotes out to you until 1-2 weeks before expiration of your current policy"

    So it clearly feels like I'm getting the squeeze but what can I do, literally?

    submitted by /u/weremanthing
    [link] [comments]

    Got t-boned while I was parked and in the car. Other driver's insurance is giving me the runaround. [FLORIDA]

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 07:01 PM PDT

    A few days ago, I was hit while I was parked in a CVS parking lot. The guy was 100% at fault. The police came, he admitted fault and a police report was generated.

    I'm currently with Progressive and he has some weird auto insurance called Fortegra. I called his insurance to start a claim and I gave them all the information they needed. The insurance adjuster told me she has to get in touch with the driver that t-boned me to proceed.

    The next day, an adjuster called me and he told me that they valued my car at 9000$. Okay whatever.

    I called again today and the appraiser told me that she can not proceed because she can not get the other party on the phone. And if they can not get him to give his version, then they will most likely deny my claim (WTF).

    Should I just bite the bullet and go through my insurance? I'll have to pay 1000$ deductible and it's most likely going to increase my premium. Is Progressive going to sue the other insurance/party?

    Thank you,

    submitted by /u/SalesAficionado
    [link] [comments]

    Annual out of pocket maximum

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 12:47 PM PDT

    Hi,

    New to to US system, moving to California. Here is a few seemingly simple questions:

    • I understand an insurance has an annual deductible as the amount of money for an entire year that I can spend without the insurance caring. Can I confirm this deductible is per year, and not per procedure?
    • the copay is a % that starts applying once the deductible is over, correct?
    • at no point in time will I ever ever have to pay, within a year, more than the out of pocket maximum.

    So, If I got to the ER after a shark bites me and they say it costs 100K, I would pay at most the put of pocket maximum.

    Does this only apply to my network hospitals? And is it limited per state?

    submitted by /u/MacaroonPickle8793
    [link] [comments]

    Wondering if I should pay through insurance or out of pocket, read post

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 02:29 PM PDT

    Recently I pulled out of a parking spot like an idiot and a pole hit my fender and door. There's a basketball sized dent in that area now. I didn't hurt anyone or hit any cars (took photos and it's on surveillance video) so it's just the dent that i'm worried about. I got a few quotes and the price to fix that came to $2,000, which I can pay for but don't want to. Should I pay through insurance? I'm worried it'll increase my premium and appear on the car's history. If this is the wrong subreddit please let me know where I should post this. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/guilcol
    [link] [comments]

    Progressive Insurance Background Check

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 06:12 PM PDT

    Progressive Insurance gives you the chance to approve the information in your application prior to giving consent for HireRight to do the background check.

    If I have an incorrect employment date and correct it prior to approving the background check will they automatically withdraw my offer?

    submitted by /u/LolaWolf117
    [link] [comments]

    Total loss

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 05:58 PM PDT

    Hoping someone can give me some advice. Dude in a giant truck ran a red light and I plowed right into the side of him. I'm really trying not to get screwed here and I want every penny I can squeeze out of AmFam. They've given me their 2nd offer where they added in the taxes and fees for the totaled car, but I still feel cheated. First, I had after-market cruise control installed in my car. I know they typically don't care about modifications but is there any chance I can be annoying enough that they just reimburse me? I got it installed like a week before the accident and I'm bitter. Second, I want close to or the exact same car I had, but they aren't super easy to come by where I live and in a year I can afford. I loved that car, I don't want anything else. I've got 3 more days with the rental car they provided and I'm not about to ask a friend or family member to put miles on their car like that. Could I get them to pay a delivery fee for a vehicle? Idk if this will get me anywhere but I'm willing to be a thorn in their side. I'll play the long game.

    submitted by /u/nibbler18
    [link] [comments]

    Did I make a mistake paying for my own roof out of pocket?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 05:56 PM PDT

    So I had my roof replaced on a house I bought as it was 17 years old builder grade and was not in great shape. Not leaking, but I didn't want to take any risks especially with the super hot summer we just had and it having past leaks with the prior owner.

    I just discovered today that roofs can be paid for buy insurance, but I already paid for my roof out of pocket. Did I make a mistake not utilizing my insurance, or did I ultimately help myself? My assumption is this gives me the opportunity to use the insurance with less of a risk of getting dropped if something else catastrophic happens.

    Also, in Washington state so my insurance went up due to the dumb law about revoking credit scores as a factor since mine was excellent…

    submitted by /u/sonofalando
    [link] [comments]

    Should I pursue a supplemental estimate from being hit by an uninsured motorist?

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 05:14 PM PDT

    I live in Ohio and got rear ended by an uninsured motorist. They failed to pay attention while I was at a red light after a curve in the road and they hit the back rear passenger side of my car. The guilty party however denied hitting me and said I swerved into their lane even though I was just sitting at the red light. I called the cops once she started lying and unfortunately the cop couldnt determine who was at fault as the intersection didnt have any cameras (right outside of a courthouse in downtown nonetheless)

    Anyway, it was a pretty minor scrape on my car but busted one of my tail lights and I think knocked my exhaust a little crooked but I wasnt sure if that was previously like that. My insurance said they would go after the other party since they didnt have insurance at all and gave me a pretty low ball offer for a new rear tail light and bumper repaint ($200) but said they could give me a supplemental estimate if I wanted to setup repairs but I am not sure if I should do that or not? I can get a new tail light for $50 off ebay and slap it on myself and just call it a day. Or should I take it to a shop to get it fixed but then risk having my premiums jacked up for an expensive repair? Im wondering if theres strings attached to even taking money from the insurance company in regards to my premium increasing and if I should just not accept it and live with the damage?

    Not sure what to do here

    submitted by /u/throwaway552452
    [link] [comments]

    Fender Bender seems suspicious

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 05:13 PM PDT

    This is a very long story that I'll try to keep short.

    Basically, I was in a fender bender in another state two months ago. It was a rental car that I wasn't used to driving, I put it in reverse and backed into the car behind me (I was trying to pull out going up a steep hill and was stressed out already, ugh). There was literally no damage to their car that I could see. I took pictures and we exchanged insurance info. As expected, they filed a claim. I sent the pics to the insurance company and told them I didn't see any damage.

    My insurance company says they need a copy of my car rental agreement. It's been hell trying to get a copy from the car rental company: promises to send it, can never get through to talk to anyone, etc. That's basically all they need from me to proceed but I can't get them to send me a copy.

    Because of this, my insurance company told me today that I'm being "uncooperative". I'm so tired of dealing with it so I reached out to the other party involved and asked them how much their estimate was as I'm considering just paying them outright, if they're open to that. They said yes, then they said they no longer have a copy of a receipt (I assumed they'd have an estimate for work to be done, not that work would already have been done, but that might not matter). They said they'd try to have the shop reprint it, then they said they couldn't get one. So I explained that was fine, we'd just continue through insurance, but that my insurance company had told me they'd drop the claim if I couldn't get a copy of my car rental agreement, which is why I thought I'd just pay them directly and be done with it.

    Suddenly they found it within a couple of hours and sent it over. Which would be great except that it looks...fishy. I Googled the name of the place and can't find it anywhere, so we called the number on the receipt and some guy said it's a wrong number.

    Here are my questions:

    1. If it's a scam and there's no damage to their car, why file an insurance claim?
    2. Would an insurance company pay out based on just this receipt? And wouldn't their insurance company (and/or mine) send someone out to do their own estimate?

    Any advice here? I'm so confused as to what to do. Part of me thinks I should just try one last time to get a copy of the car rental agreement and let things fall where they may. But now I'm suspicious that there could be something I'm missing here. The "accident" (if you can call it that) was definitely my fault, but I don't want to pay for damages that aren't there.

    Edit due to the bot asking for more info: I'm in the US, - VA specifically - and the accident was in CA.

    submitted by /u/throwaway94028567
    [link] [comments]

    Interpreting this reinsurance program from Allstate

    Posted: 09 Sep 2021 05:10 PM PDT

    Hello, can someone help me interpret this reinsurance program from Allstate? I legit can't figure out what the per occurrence and aggregate excess are !!! What does "placed" and "capacity" mean? https://www.allstateinvestors.com/static-files/4b7beb0b-fff9-4f48-ac96-94f413827526

    submitted by /u/liverspotting
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment