• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 31, 2021

    Accounting FASB soon be like:

    Accounting FASB soon be like:


    FASB soon be like:

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 08:30 AM PDT

    Put in my 2 weeks. Leaving B4 Tax

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 03:46 PM PDT

    Better money. Better hours. Papa John's.

    Also I'm not a CPA. 0/4 sections passed. I'll pursue it now that I have more time. Don't beat yourself up over it.

    submitted by /u/throwawayexbig4
    [link] [comments]

    Co-workers

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 06:30 PM PDT

    Does anyone else find their cubicle mates irritating? I have two. One is a complete idiot, and I'm surprised every single day by just how stupidly incompetent he can be. The other person is fine, just a little…. loud, if you get my meaning. He's fine, I just don't like it in my face that's all. I found Will and Grace incredibly over the top, so it's just a little much. My boss is also a moron, but that's a story for another day.

    On the upside, I'm bringing my cat Bandit into work tomorrow, should be fun! 😽😺 just a couple kittens getting it done!

    submitted by /u/acoupleofkittens
    [link] [comments]

    College students checking out the subreddit during busy season

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 03:38 PM PDT

    My h.s teacher taught me this when I was taking beginners accounting

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 05:06 AM PDT

    Anyone else who doesn't want to stall in their career but also doesn't want to chase promotions?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 11:38 AM PDT

    It's as confusing as it sounds. I currently work in the financial control function of one of the big global banks. I don't want to post adjustments, attest accounts, analyze the P/L all my life. I do want to move forward. But looking at the senior managers and directors and what they do, the amount of pressure they endure, how they have to chase people etc., I almost lose the zeal of chasing promotions as well.

    I used to be ambitious, but now I don't know anymore. At times I just want to keep doing my work peacefully, getting off on time and focusing on other aspects of my life. But then, I also dread still being a financial analyst or an assistant manager several years down the line, I feel like I would definitely feel left behind. I cannot decide what I want!

    submitted by /u/blackandlavender
    [link] [comments]

    I am so excited!

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 04:39 PM PDT

    A colleague of mine was looking for local, small business owners to bid on a contract, so I referred a bookkeeping client to her. My bookkeeping client won the bid out of a dozen vendors and landed a $150k contract!! This is extra special because my client thought she was going to have to close her business after COVID ruined everything for everyone. I just had to share because being an accountant is awesome especially when I get to live vicariously through others' triumphs. So satisfying!

    submitted by /u/NWAConsulting
    [link] [comments]

    Turnover

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 10:17 AM PDT

    Anyone seeing turnover ramped up even more on their engagement? We have senior managers, seniors, and associates all leaving. I'm on a large F500 client and we don't even have a manager.

    submitted by /u/BoomBabyBooom
    [link] [comments]

    Found in B4 bathroom

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 12:05 PM PDT

    Tip: Just because you accepted an offer doesn’t mean you have to end your job search!

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 04:43 PM PDT

    I posted this story in another subreddit, but I figured I'd post it here for my fellow accountants:

    I started a new job about a month ago but today I received a job offer that is more than $10k more as well as way better benefits. I'm planning on taking the position and excited to start my next new job.

    The other position was one that I actually interviewed for about a week after accepting my current job. And I'm glad I did. I'm going to burn a bridge at my current job, but to me that's worth it to take on this much better position.

    My advice, don't be afraid to look a bit longer even if you accepted an offer as long as you're not under a contract. You never know if something better might still be there!

    submitted by /u/TacoRocco
    [link] [comments]

    I'm relatively new at my company and received an email today asking me to work on implementing a new accounting standard

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 07:48 AM PDT

    The standard became effective in 1986. FML.

    submitted by /u/cjk813
    [link] [comments]

    Did anyone ever paid dianali5758 for materials and to correct your cases for the CFE? I sent her a bunch of cases to correct and she has not responded. Did I just get scammed?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 05:54 AM PDT

    "Bottleneck" (or "Annoyance") - a one-act play

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 11:07 AM PDT

    Me: [Sends an important but simple question that can easily be answered via e-mail]

     

    Client, two days later: "I didn't read the e-mail. Let's set up an hour-long call next week to discuss. I'll get the entire finance team and the CFO to join, too."

     

    Client, a week later: "Why is this taking so long to complete?"

     

    ~Fin~

    submitted by /u/RHJfRnJhc2llckNyYW5l
    [link] [comments]

    senior analyst at a governmental job (pay: 85k/yr with pension). Thinking about applying for senior tax auditor in a big 4. Will the salary be much better?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 08:10 AM PDT

    Tax Accounting Job Concept

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 06:12 PM PDT

    I am a student, currently studying for my CPA exams, looking to go into tax accounting. I understand many tax concepts and rules but my overall question. What is the job of a tax accountant? Essentially to get the numbers from the books and questionnaire into the tax software, creating documentation that is efficient for reviewers to follow? I did individual taxes as an internship and this was what we did

    submitted by /u/Same_Bar31
    [link] [comments]

    How could I find a part time job at a local accounting firm?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 08:01 PM PDT

    Hello all, I'm a student and I this fall I will be going through the recruiting process. My goal is to find an internship with a Big4 or another relatively large firm. I do not have office job experience whatsoever, so I'm trying to find an office part time job in order to polish my resume. I also feel like experiences at office job would probably be easier/better to talk about during interviews. This past few weeks I applied to a few jobs on Indeed (jobs like as accounting clerk assistant, bookkeeper). I did not get any bites tho. I just got a part time job at a pizzeria but obviously I'm shooting for an office job. I was thinking of reaching out to local small public accounting firms on like LinkedIn or something. I just feel like that experience would allow me to do better during this recruiting process. I'd be willing to work or free. Is it common for small local firms to accept or look for help? How should I go about this? Is it even worth it? I do have solid extracurriculars in school but they are not like super impressive.

    submitted by /u/WalmartDarthVader
    [link] [comments]

    Crossposting to get any help from this subreddit.

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 07:50 PM PDT

    How bad is reneging an offer a month before the start date?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 04:24 PM PDT

    Is there some kind of repurcussions. Maybe Im overthinking this but I'm in a relatively small market and I feel like everyone knows each other in this industry. In fact I know for a fact that these two partners from different firms I got offer from know each other. Would This be a risky move if i renege on an accepted offer from firm A to work for a bigger firm B?

    Edit: Is this common in the accounting firms?

    submitted by /u/ffwwtt
    [link] [comments]

    Any Canadian CPA's working for Americans companies

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 10:33 AM PDT

    I just quit my public practice job due to low pay a few months before getting my designation. Looking around the Canadian market it seem everyone is hiring but no one is paying enough to live in Canada. Is anyone here remotely working for a US company or US public practice. How much better is the wage? How was the learning curve after switching to US.

    submitted by /u/asdfasdfaasdfasdf3
    [link] [comments]

    EY game assessment

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 07:42 PM PDT

    Can anyone share what it is about? It's for audit staff if that helps. I just don't know what to expect and I'm nervous about taking it. TIA.

    submitted by /u/ffwwtt
    [link] [comments]

    Plan on working in industry, does it matter where I get my CPA?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 09:49 PM PDT

    Current undergraduate senior but I'm going to graduate with 150 credits. Unfortunately my school (George Washington University) doesn't offer any upper level accounting electives because the department is so small. So I will not be able to meet the education requirements in my home state (Texas) without paying for more school.

    But I don't want to work in public, so does it matter? Or could I find a state I qualify for and just do it there?

    submitted by /u/d6410
    [link] [comments]

    Top 10 health insurance companies in the US

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 09:41 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment