• Breaking News

    Friday, April 30, 2021

    Accounting LIFO

    Accounting LIFO


    LIFO

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 03:38 PM PDT

    I’m done with LinkedIn

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 05:43 AM PDT

    Sorry bro <3

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 11:56 AM PDT

    What's the worst career advice you've ever received?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 01:32 PM PDT

    When you're only six months into public accounting and already half of your start class has quit

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 11:48 AM PDT

    Auditors sending out their 4/30 reports today after the worst busy season in years

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 07:00 PM PDT

    Spotted the New York Hot CPA

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 04:54 PM PDT

    Which one of you did this

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 08:07 PM PDT

    A bit late to the meme, but finally got it done!

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 03:50 AM PDT

    That's it, u/haikusbot has won r/accounting . Everyone else can go home.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 10:55 AM PDT

    I’ve finally quit!

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 12:18 PM PDT

    Having had what seems like a storm cloud over my head for the last year I have finally set myself free. My company has treated me appallingly in the last 12 months, cutting my pay to save money and furloughing half my team for the same reason, leaving me to pick up the slack. I have to give 3 months notice which means I have had to take the plunge and quit before I have something else lined up. I feel optimistic about the future for the first time in ages and I'm planning a few weeks break before starting my new adventure.

    Thanks for reading, feels great to get that off my chest!

    submitted by /u/revellered
    [link] [comments]

    (Calculating... 1%)

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 04:18 AM PDT

    Big 4 is NOT Worth Your Time

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 05:18 AM PDT

    Obviously this is my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own. I just quit big 4 and have worked at a handful of smaller firms. Big 4 was absolutely the worst office I've worked in and was the least I have learned from a job (I'm specialized/industry focused not too!). I felt like I just wasted 2 years learning how to navigate shitty software (made by accountants lol) instead of learning technical/useful skills. I regret ever working in big 4. It was great for my resume, but the main thing I learned is not all big 4 employees are as smart as people think. Im moving on to a much better firm, but I sincerely hope this message reaches someone; the stress from big 4 is just not worth the time.

    submitted by /u/MrBuckets96
    [link] [comments]

    Nervous about accounting moving forward.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 07:54 PM PDT

    I do like my accounting classes and do feel I am doing ok, I am in intermediate 2 right now and doing well but I am still nervous about my accounting career moving forward. I don't think I would like to do get my CPA. I know what everyone will say that it's very important to get it but right now I'm just done with school and testing. I will most likely be working in industry as I have a good in to a job right out of college. Sorry this is a rant! But comment whatever you thinkin!

    submitted by /u/Perfect_Attorney_180
    [link] [comments]

    Time to leave public?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 06:03 PM PDT

    Got an analyst offer at a decent size (250-500mill rev) company as an analyst supporting multiple teams. 15% raise plus another week of vacation.. I've been at a small public firm about 2 years and not having a good time. I'm split between audit and tax. Culture isn't great.. I hate the hours. Should I switch? I've just started getting the hang of my work at the public firm and I was hoping for a breezy summer. If I switch now the next 3-6 months won't be fun lol

    submitted by /u/dj_virgo91
    [link] [comments]

    Had a firm give me 7 hours to accept a offer.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 05:51 PM PDT

    Like the title says I received a job offer this morning at 9am and the firm said in the letter that it expected it by the end of the day On April 30th. Thought this was a hilarious joke of a offer. Anyone else had anything like it?

    submitted by /u/AxeLegacy
    [link] [comments]

    Graduating in the fall 2021

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 08:01 PM PDT

    First post, so hopefully it doesn't get removed. I'm in a pickle and have many questions to ask. To start, I am an accounting major and minoring in management information systems. I have a 3.7 GPA. I have been a bookkeeper for a non-profit for 3 years. To be honest, i'm not sure what title to even call myself because I practically do everything from running errands (buying supplies, making bank deposits, picking up mail, etc) to doing other administrative duties and managing the finances (monthly bank reconciliations and processing donations, and so on)...BUT here's the catch, I'm not considered an employee because I file a 1099. What do you guys think would be the ideal title for me to put on my resume?

    Here's another catch, I also help (no pay) the founders with their commercial rentals by meeting prospective tenants and showing properties, preparing documents, and basically being a liaison for 3 years. I know...you're probably wondering why would I do such a thing. I have a big heart and I guess I'm too much of a push over to say no. Should I put volunteer work or training on my resume? And what title should it be under? Property Management Assistant?

    If it's too late for an internship in the fall, should I try to apply for an internship after graduating or should I go ahead and apply for full-time staff accounting position? And giving the information that I provided, what are the chances of me landing a decent job within 6 months after graduating with my kind of resume? Any advises or opinions would be greatly appreciated!! You're also more than welcome to private message me.

    submitted by /u/Pink-Peony_
    [link] [comments]

    There Will Never Be A Better Time To Join Public Accounting Than Right Now

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 07:28 AM PDT

    Wait wait wait....

    Before you think I'm throwing back the koolaid like it's Fireball on 50 cent shot night, here me out.

    The next 2-3 years will unquestionably suck as all firms, ESPECIALLY the larger/Big4 firms deal with the shortage of experienced staff/seniors/somewhat managers that they themselves created when they overreacted to Covid. And there is no excuse for how some firms took advantage of Covid and fucked over a number of people while still posting record revenues.

    However, given such a shortage across all service lines, given that there is an increase in work taken in by these firms from pre-Covid levels, and given that the problem won't be solved overnight, the opportunity to move into or across a desired service line will never be better than it is now. Picture the scene in Anchorman, when the news teams all fight each other for dominance (EY is Ben Stiller's Spanish Language News team, whip and all). That's basically what is happening for any half decent experienced hire.

    Anecdotally, I've looked into aiming for a more value add, tech transformation and implementation role. What used to be a tough outing now has become dramatically easier with multiple firms responding back and setting up interviews to potentially join. I've heard countless others with similar stories.

    I welcome the discussion and/or getting roasted for extolling the virtues of PA, when at this point it's like watching Mighty Ducks 2 and cheering for the Iceland team...

    submitted by /u/the_tax_man_cometh
    [link] [comments]

    Big 4 exit opps: Hybrid FP&A vs. full FP&A

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 06:28 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    I'm a second year audit associate at Deloitte (major city in the US) and will make senior this August. I'm considering making a switch into FP&A because that's where I want my career to be in. I've heard from coworkers that it's better to take a hybrid role with FR and FP&A as opposed to a role that is only FP&A as it will keep options open.

    But since I don't like audit, I assume then that I wouldn't like financial reporting?

    At that point, is it even worth it to consider hybrid roles if I know long-term I don't want to be in FR?

    If anyone went into industry hybrid roles or only FP&A roles, advice would be great, thank you

    submitted by /u/MusaYB
    [link] [comments]

    Super dumb question but....just how much accounting are you expected to know as an accountant?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 10:11 PM PDT

    Long story short, I recently graduated with a degree in accounting (yay!), but the truth is, I don't really find it to be something I'm passionate for. I liked the relevance it has to business, and the general "theory" of it, but when it comes to crunching the numbers, I am horrendous.

    As I'm job hunting, I've been steering clear of pure accounting positions thinking that the firms probably expect me to be some accounting genius. I'm not. All that info just zoomed out of my mind the moment my exam was over.

    So yeah, accounting degree, not really passionate, don't really know much about accounting but knew enough to earn the degree...

    Should I even bother?

    submitted by /u/ProfessorRaiden
    [link] [comments]

    Enron Enthusiast

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 03:32 PM PDT

    Am I being unrealistic with pay?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 04:15 PM PDT

    I decided to job hunt as I only make 30K a year with no benefits (full time position). I only took this job to get my foot on the door as I had no other experience related to the accounting field.

    Would it be unrealistic to expect to get at least 50K pay base if I were to move to other bigger firm? Salaries in my area are around 55-65K starting, but I heard they will most likely low-ball me due to my current salary. Also, how hard of a time would I have to land a better paying job considering I only have a bachelors in accounting, working towards CPA (no exam passed yet), fluent in 2 languages, and almost a year experience in PA (no other experience)?

    Any inputs is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/jen951357
    [link] [comments]

    Canadian Tax Busy Season

    Posted: 30 Apr 2021 06:53 PM PDT

    Wohoo! Just finished my first ever tax season at a small firm. Was challenging but a very rewarding experience. Time for a Big 4 summer internship this coming Monday ☺️

    submitted by /u/seym2upakyu
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment