• Breaking News

    Friday, October 2, 2020

    Questions for owners of food/beverage establishments small business

    Questions for owners of food/beverage establishments small business


    Questions for owners of food/beverage establishments

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 01:57 AM PDT

    Have you used services like Groupon in order to market your business/get new customers in the door? If so, how has your experience been? If not, any particular reasons?

    I've heard that a complaint of some services like Groupon is that small business owners typically make a loss on the deals, and often the people coming in for Groupon deals don't come back without another coupon/discount - but I'm not sure how true this is.

    Thanks for your time

    submitted by /u/YottaBun
    [link] [comments]

    Employee Moonlighting - Advice Needed

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 07:23 AM PDT

    It just came to my attention, that one of our senior sales managers, has been moonlighting and running an identical business on his days off and on the weekends.

    This particular employee has obtained our company's Customer List and is soliciting them the exact same products that our company is offering.

    The employee is still generating Sales for our company but putting an equal amount through their own company.

    According to our investigations, it has been going on for about a year.

    Should this be grounds for termination or is it suggested to work with the employee as they are still one of the top Sales Reps within the organization.

    submitted by /u/Mondo3000
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone help me? I made a post and no one answered

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 03:52 AM PDT

    I made a post a few days ago about where to start with my business and no one replied :( . I want to sell homemade hamster treats, houses, chews etc online. I have no idea where to start. I'm in Washington state. Please someone help me get started!

    Edit: to clarify I just need to know where to start legally. Also I want an Etsy shop, not a whole website. Link to my first post in the comments

    Edit #2 because apparently it wasn't clear. I'm not asking anyone to do any of this for me, I just want to know what licenses I need to get, do I need to send my products to get testing done, things like that- the legal side of things.

    submitted by /u/waffleironbitch
    [link] [comments]

    How can a Point Of Sales (POS) system help you with new business normal of Covid19?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 03:03 AM PDT

    COVID 19 has changed the retail & wholesale business. Businesses need to adapt to this change sooner or later.

    Having a right Point Of Sales system can help you with it in better ways, read this blog to know more about it.

    Fit Right into the New Normal of Business with a POS System

    Hope this help

    submitted by /u/nikhil_webfosters
    [link] [comments]

    Opening a bank account?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 07:09 PM PDT

    I made an LLC out of Nevada for liability purposes. I do not currently live in Nevada, and never plan too. My LLC is for e-commerce. How exactly can I open a bank account under these circumstances?

    My current residence is in another state and my business is for consulting online. The only way I know now is to make my residence the place of business. However, I will be moving overseas soon and would rather have an account just linked to Nevada.

    Is this possible? What recommendations are there for this?

    submitted by /u/helmsale
    [link] [comments]

    Rental asset tracking system or spreadsheet assistance. Details in post.

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 09:00 PM PDT

    Small Businness, small budget, can anyone recommend a good inventory management system, for tracking items with scanning?

    We are constantly shifting around assets (rent to customers) and are getting to the point where its hard to back track where equipment is when pick-up is needed. Any tips for a small company budget?

    • USA
    • Shifting rental assests
    • Scanable (printable bar codes or QR codes etc)
    • Shows count sheet, possibly images and location for item scanned amongst other generic business info.
    submitted by /u/KobeMonster
    [link] [comments]

    Best state to register a new business?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 05:02 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I have my own video production studio, and I'd like to register it as a business and and start making good real money from my clients.

    I was wondering which state is the best one to register it in, in terms of tax, flat yearly fees etc. I currently live in Arizona. I saw Portland has a relatively low tax.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/kraemoprana
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need DBA, Business license, and FBN for opening an art studio?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 12:01 AM PDT

    I'm preparing to open an art studio (going to teach art) as sole proprietorship. I'm researching about opening an art studio. I think I need to get a business license, need to file a DBA and fictitious business name. Is this right? Just want to make sure I researched right. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/IllIIllIlIllI
    [link] [comments]

    Are businesses still buying promotional products with their business name on them?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 09:56 PM PDT

    I am trying to start a business selling promotional products (pens, water bottles, etc) with small business logos on them.

    With everything going on, are people still buying that product?

    submitted by /u/MilesTheGoodKing
    [link] [comments]

    I want to hire a secretary BUT...

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 05:49 PM PDT

    I want to hire a secretary to do some administrative tasks like reminding my existing client base of payments, email creation etc but im scared I might be hiring someone I cant trust.

    How would you know youre hiring the right person?

    Reason for this is Id like to delegate nonprofitable duties to a secretary, and keep my time in areas that make more money for the business.

    submitted by /u/micsp2002
    [link] [comments]

    Develop a booking platform

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 08:57 PM PDT

    We developed a hotel booking platform named #HalloGuest. It allows guests to browse hotels and their services. We have integrated the hotel management system API to HalloGuest so that whenever a guest is staying he/she can browse the hotel services and also request any available services. The hotel front desk portal allows/denies the request and also processes the request to the respective department of the hotel using their hotel management portal.

    Read the detailed case study here: http://www.nexthoughts.com/casestudies/halloguest/
    Interested to build something like this, feel free to reach us at [hello@nexthoughts.com.](mailto:hello@nexthoughts.com.)

    Regards
    Shivam
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shivam-shahi/

    submitted by /u/ShivamShahi
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendations

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 08:05 PM PDT

    Looking for recommendations on some books/training on learning to run a business. My backstory, I'm fourth generation and have worked in business 7 years now. My father has began to step away and I am now at the helm. I know and understand our business well but I often feel like I have no clue how to "run the businesss" if that makes any sense. We are a manufacturer with 60 employees and have a good experienced management team, just looking for any tips of anyone who may have gone through a similar situation.

    submitted by /u/flyinghigh89
    [link] [comments]

    Best email client for small businesses?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 07:27 PM PDT

    Hi,

    Not sure if this is the right subreddit, however it does relate to small business.

    I own a business, about 8-10 employees now. All of which use Spark iOS email app. Sadly, spark isn't available on Windows yet, which is what we need. It has everything we want built in. Does anyone know any email clients for iOS and Windows that are like spark?

    submitted by /u/Spruxed
    [link] [comments]

    Payment gateways/ methods

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 07:19 PM PDT

    Hi guys, I am trying to sell some Excel based software (stock management, POS software) for startups through my website. The paid version of my software I would probably like it to be done by selling it on some store (maybe etsy? ) and provide the link from my website to the store. I have no idea if this is the way forward. I started up the website recently and the traffic flow is very low at this moment. Any advice on a store I could use to do these sort of transactions, or help create a payment gateway , or any advice at all would be really helpful. Thanks

    submitted by /u/jaris93
    [link] [comments]

    Strategies for decreasing customer acquisition costs and increasing average value of a customer

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 03:16 PM PDT

    Hi all. So after running the numbers for the past six months, my business has an average customer value of about $10 (we sell small, consumable, niche industrial products) and an average cost to acquire a customer of around $26 dollars. Our conversion rates are good, around 2-3% and I feel like we're doing well with our marketing so far; by all accounts, our traffic is pretty qualified.

    Right now we're still seeing an upward trend but I'd love for our gross monthly revenue to show a bit more exponential growth. As such, I was wondering what strategies some of you folks may have had for increasing your average customer values while decreasing the cost to acquire a customer.

    I'd love to stretch our marketing dollars as far as they can go before expanding budgets. So if anyone has any strategies you've had success with and would like to share, please feel free.

    Thanks in advance again all!

    submitted by /u/theartofgk
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone obtained a seller's license without having an SSN or ITIN?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 06:43 PM PDT

    Specifically for California, but would be interested in if it was done in another state. The online application stops me at this step.

    submitted by /u/mondo3_a
    [link] [comments]

    Investment project

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 12:14 AM PDT

    Good People have been investing in the project as it is reliable. The project is developing and moving confidently towards the goals set. This means that the team is on its way to achieving the goal and will succeed. Https://Swaphub.finance

    submitted by /u/Kohatiiboy
    [link] [comments]

    Small business owner perspectives on COVID

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 11:23 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, I'm a researcher working on understanding the SMB COVID experience, and would appreciate perspective from the owners and operators in this community:

    1. What are the biggest decisions on your plate right now?
    2. What changes will you make to how you run your business post-COVID based on your experience now? (or run a new business)
    3. What financial advice would you offer another business owner if asked today?
    4. If you use Quickbooks, Xero, or a similar accounting software, what changes would you like to see in their offerings?

    Thanks again, looking forward to a discussion in the comments.

    submitted by /u/ThatOneHomie
    [link] [comments]

    Where to find funding

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    So I'm trying to gain money by selling pins however I have 0 materials for it and no way of getting the materials as I'm financially dependant on my family and don't have the money for the supplies. I'm currently unable to get a job and earn the money so I'm wondering where to get the finding. I need about $400 for all the supplies, this includes a printer and ink which takes up most of the money. Would I go to GoFundMe or KickStarter or a different site. Or am I plum out of luck for this?

    I do a lot of art and I can send links however most of its original stuff while I plan on selling fan work: pokemon, demon slayer, bnha, popular anime crap.

    If this isn't the right place could you point me where the bets place would be?

    submitted by /u/RosettaTea
    [link] [comments]

    Do you have a business that could provide services or favors for a Murder Mystery Party?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 04:15 PM PDT

    Hello! I own a Murder Mystery Party Company where clients can have immersive, at-home murder mystery parties either in-person or via a video platform (like Zoom).

    In a little under two years, I've generated over 2000 sales, and my party hosts constantly ask me for tips and tricks on how to plan their parties. Since I do this globally, I don't have a way to give suggestions to every customer (yet) but it made me think that it would be useful to everyone if I built a website where my customers could enter in their zip code and see local small business owners who could help them with their parties.

    The website is almost ready to go and now I need to build my data base of small businesses to refer my customers to!

    This is a big project (obviously) and I thought maybe Reddit could help! I'm searching for people who have businesses in any of the following:

    • Photography

    • DJ

    • Event Coordination

    • Event Planning

    • Baking

    • Florists

    • Bartending

    • Catering

    -And also anyone who may provide any sort of goods that could be used as favors or decorations at a Murder Mystery Party!

    My customers are extremely creative and I'm always so impressed by what they do and who they hire to make their parties look amazing. I'm passionate about helping small business owners as well and would love to build a community that benefits everyone.

    If any of this sounds interesting to you, I've created a survey to gather information and feedback!

    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TR73MCG

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/theserialchiller7
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have experience with HIPPA compliant email encryption?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 12:15 PM PDT

    So our business provides services for individuals and we deal a lot in protected health information.

    We currently run our email/data through Microsoft 365. I know they have options for encryption but it seems very complicated and costly.

    If anyone has experience in achieving HIPPA compliant email via a 3rd party of Office 365 please share your knowledge. It would be greatly appreciated!!

    submitted by /u/conswaygo
    [link] [comments]

    Need software to track costs, sales, and inventory

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 11:55 AM PDT

    I'm starting up a small business selling handmade wood products (pens, rings, bowls, etc.), and I am looking for some basic software to track my costs, sales, and inventory.

    I have a stockpile of wood, pen kits, ring cores, and other items associated with producing the items, and I need a way to track that.

    I also need to track the purchase of materials and "support" items (e.g., labels, business cards, sand paper, tools, etc.).

    It would also be great if I could convert raw stock to finished product within the software. For example, if I use an oak pen blank and a fountain pen kit to make a pen, I'd like to be able to use the software to remove the blank and kit when I add the pen.

    Finally, I need a way to track sales and to update inventory accordingly.

    I'd appreciate any suggestions. I've been messing around with Google sheets, and it's just too complicated. I can track any one thing just fine, but trying to integrate them is a nightmare.

    submitted by /u/balcony_woodturning
    [link] [comments]

    Changing from Paychex to Gusto & what to do about company 401K plan

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 11:05 AM PDT

    I use Paychex as a payroll provider and have not had employees since 2018. I have a company 401K within Paychex where I have been the only participant (employee/owner)

    I am looking to change to Gusto as a payroll provider overall, Paychex interface is outdated and their fees are eating $.

    We will be hiring new employees again within 1 month.

    What should I do with the company 401K plan and/or my 401K funds? They aren't much my funds are only 2K.

    What has been your experience closing Paychex and changing to Gusto?

    submitted by /u/cutestrangerdog
    [link] [comments]

    How should I price my app development?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 02:32 PM PDT

    I have a chance to create a barebones iOS application with an AWS backend. Probably 6-7 relatively simple screens. I do however need to stitch together from scratch the backend and all the data structures of the application. The app will include authentication, data querying, saving, and barcode scanning. There will be an internal app side and client facing side displaying the data. It will probably take me about 1-2 months. The company I would be contracted with is located in California. How much should I charge?

    Thank you, this is my first time!

    submitted by /u/amerikayo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment