• Breaking News

    Monday, October 19, 2020

    Promote your business, week of October 19, 2020 small business

    Promote your business, week of October 19, 2020 small business


    Promote your business, week of October 19, 2020

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 06:54 PM PDT

    Post business promotion messages here including special offers especially if you cater to small business.

    Note: To prevent your messages from being flagged by the autofilter, don't use shortened URLs.

    submitted by /u/Charice
    [link] [comments]

    Being offered to take over/buy the company I work for. What should I considered/be asking the owner?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 07:52 PM PDT

    I work for a small specialized inspection(well and septic) business that serves the real estate market. I have been there for 8 years and am the lead senior inspector with only the owner above me. He is beginning to age out of the job(it is fairly physical) and has talked about selling the business and retiring. He has stated that if I'm interested, he would want me to take over the business and has even said he would willingly to stay on for upto a year to help me get adjusted to doing the office work. Also the company is very reputable for the area served.

    I'm wondering what questions I should addressing with him before as I have never thought about owning a business before. Also, has anyone here ever been in a situation like this and what was your experience?

    submitted by /u/scouttybowmen
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a Barcode Inventory Management App.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 08:30 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I'm looking for an inventory management system that also uses Barcodes for a small business.

    The criteria I'm looking to meet is..

    Multiple users, Multiple locations within 1 site, Unit of Measurement that can be measured in Grams or Kilograms, No additional equipment needed to purchase (scanner and barcode maker unless its absolutely necessary. The product is tagged with a barcode that seems to be scannable via free apps) and A place to continually update with a description.

    Those are my pretty simple criteria's im trying to meet. I've downloaded quite a few Free apps but nothing seems to look good or meet those. I've looked into Zoho inventory, StockCount, Stock Management, Stock and Inventory...all free apps, some with paying options.

    If the app requires a fee, I am not against it, as long as it works. Thank you all

    submitted by /u/B2TheLunt
    [link] [comments]

    Offering 401k vs Simple IRA for my business?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 06:24 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    I am wondering if any of you have thoughts about offering a 401k versus a simple IRA. I have a 13 person business and only a few employees (less than 5) generally opt to contribute to their 401k. Last year, I got whacked with a penalty since only the "highly compensated" employees and my family members contributed to their plans and I had to pay every employee 3% of their wages into their 401k even if they didn't previously have one. I have no problem contributing to their retirements through an employer match but I don't like being mandated to do it because certain employees are trying to save more than others.

    My thought is to change from a 401k to a Simple IRA. This would still allow anyone to contribute who wants to, it would require me to offer a match (I am thinking I may match up to 3%), it would reduce the contribution limit from 19k to 13k, it requires less reporting and frees me from getting whacked with penalties if I, my family members, or my highly compensated employees choose to be the only ones to contribute.

    Do y'all have any thoughts? Am I missing something major? It sounds like a pretty simple and smart change based on the information I have gathered thus far.

    One thing I don't understand... is there a requirement to contribute to every employee's plan regardless if they are contributing themselves?

    Thank you in advance for the advice.

    submitted by /u/planeman125
    [link] [comments]

    I got my first Etsy sale after 1.5 months

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 10:40 PM PDT

    After 1.5 month I finally got my first sale yesterday. There are really awesome people out there who would kick start your store if you have no sales or low sales.

    The feeling that they describe when you get your first sale is true. I was giddy and excited. I definitely felt like I drank 5 cups of coffee as I had more energy. The rush of excitement is real. I could not stop smiling and told everybody about it. I even woke up my husband at 6am on a Sunday!

    When it's time to process my order, fear sets in. What if I mess up my first order? I sell personalised mugs, so I have to create the graphics. What if for some reason it doesn't look right or it's wonky? What if the template I made was all wrong? What if they print it wrong and have a 1 star review for my first review?

    Fear should not stop you. After all you have an order that needs processing. I am just thrilled, anxious at the same time. Finally, your business feels real. People do like what you create.

    To new sellers that have no sales, just keep trying and don't put pressure on yourself. A stranger, not your family and friends, will buy your creations.

    I would like to hear about your first sale. What happened? Did you get five stars review? Did everything go okay? How were you feeling? What did you do to continue to get more sales or how long did you have to wait for your second sale?

    Good luck 💞🥰

    submitted by /u/WhatPollyDoes
    [link] [comments]

    Register a single owner LLC in Wyoming but operate a physical retail store in Nevada?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 11:14 AM PDT

    Is it possible to register a single owner LLC in Wyoming but operate a physical retail store in Nevada or would it instead make more sense to just register the single owner LLC in Nevada? I keep reading there are more benefits to registering the LLC in Wyoming as compared to Nevada.

    submitted by /u/nicholas_g
    [link] [comments]

    How to sell cookies on Etsy?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 03:25 AM PDT

    Saw that people sell cookies on Etsy and would love to do the same. Is it legal to do so? Should I file an LLC and get liability insurance? Do you have to do it in a commercial kitchen? Do you have to list ingredients? Any additional tips greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Evening_Flow_8396
    [link] [comments]

    Why strong branding is important to your business

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 11:26 PM PDT

    You might be asking yourself why we keep talking about branding this week? Well, it completely and totally matters, because not only is it what makes a memorable impression on consumers but it allows your clients to know what to expect from you and your business. It's your online voice and it's also how you are perceived without needing to say anything.

    It is a way of distinguishing yourself from your competitors and to clarify what it is you offer that makes you the better choice. Your brand is built to be a true representation of who you are as a business, and how you wish to be perceived.

    Branding, by definition, is a marketing practice in which a company creates a name, symbol or design that is easily identifiable as belonging to the company. This helps to identify a product and distinguish it from other products and services.

    There are many areas that are used to develop a brand including advertising, social media, customer service, promotional merchandise, reputation, and logo. All of these elements work together to create one unique and attention-grabbing professional image.

    Why strong branding is so important?

    Branding is absolutely critical to a business because of the overall impact it makes on your business. Branding can change how people perceive your brand, it can drive new business and increase brand awareness.

    Your brand will get recognised

    A professional logo design should be powerful and easily memorable, making an impression at first glance. The logo is the most important element of branding, especially where this factor is concerned, as it is essentially the face of the company.

    The most important reason branding is important to a business is because it is how a company gets recognition and becomes known to the consumers.

    Your brand will increase your businesses value

    Branding is important when trying to generate future business, and a strongly established brand can increase a companies value by giving the company more leverage in the industry. This makes it a more appealing investment opportunity because of it's firmly established place in the marketplace.

    Your brand will generate new customers

    Once a brand has been well-established, word of mouth will be the company's best and most effective advertising technique.

    A good brand will have no trouble getting referral business. Strong branding generally means there is a positive impression of the company amongst clients, and they are likely to do business with you because of the familiarity and assumed dependability of using a name they can trust.

    Your brand will make customers and employees proud

    When an employee works for a strongly branded company and truly believes in what the brand stands for, they will be more satisfied with their work and have a higher level of pride in the job that they do.

    Working for a brand that is reputable and held in high regard amongst the public makes working for that company more enjoyable and fulfilling. Having a branded office, which can often help employees feel more satisfied, and with a sense of belonging to the company, can be achieved through using promotional accessories and merchandise.

    submitted by /u/CloserConsultancy
    [link] [comments]

    Web design

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 11:17 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I'm a college student who's interested in going into the web design business, but, I don't have much of a portfolio to help attract clients, and I am also not experienced with working with clients.

    Essentially, I am looking for one or two small business owners in need of a website. Since this will be a learning experience for me, I'm not charging anything for this task. All that I ask is when all is said and done, that you leave a testimonial and let me add your website to my portfolio to show to future clients.

    Ideally I'd like to create some smaller websites for more local businesses/firms, rather than big online stores, since I am in college full time and won't be able to work on this 8 hours a day.

    submitted by /u/SuhhhhDudd
    [link] [comments]

    What all can I write off as a sole proprietor?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 08:25 PM PDT

    I understand that you can write off mileage on your car, but can you write off maintenance costs, gas, tags, tires, etc.? What are some other obscure things people don't think about writing off as well?

    submitted by /u/yung-n-nasty
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on growing small but profitable business?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 08:23 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, I run a small family owned cleaning company that brings in about 30k/year (2.5k/month) in profit.

    It looks like I've hit a plateau though.

    I'd like to start off by saying that all of the profits pay for my parents retirement, with me only taking about 5k a year for myself. I'm currently employed full time but would love to transition to this being my full time job.

    We have been mostly a word of mouth type of business, I've been trying to do more online marketing/building a website but it feels as if I'm just burning through money. I have gotten a couple of more leads through this but not as much as I'd like to have. I have no idea where to begin anymore, there's so much information but simply just don't know where's a good starting point.

    My ideal goal is to double the profits of this business and hire more people when I can't do the work myself.

    Any information would be helpful. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Alexthebot00
    [link] [comments]

    Cleaners/Washers/Farmers how you prevent water from freezing

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 11:19 PM PDT

    Is there something that I can add to water to stop it from freezing? I am talking about 1000 gallon water stored in a plastic tank in temperature of 0F or lower. This is not drinking water. Something cheap that I can dissolve in water.

    submitted by /u/Redditopath
    [link] [comments]

    I don't know what to sell

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 11:14 PM PDT

    I've been looking to start a small business for a while [still trying to figure out if I should try Etsy first or make my own website, but that's a different story]. I have no idea what I want my business to be about.

    I know I want to sell bracelets and earrings, but there's a lot of other stuff I want to sell as well [specifically mystery boxes, keychains, small pet items like chew toys, and art commissions- I make a lot of stuff]. I thought I was going to only sell pride-related stuff, but I make a lot of things and I really want to sell them. Sounds understandable, right?

    Well, the only problem is, I have no idea how to label my business now. Before I was just going to label my products as being "jewelry" or "pride things," but now I have no idea what to label them as. I know that if I set up my business, it's just gonna be confusing and nobody's gonna have any idea about what I sell because there's so much of it. I can't fit it into one or two neat little categories and that annoys me because I want to sell the things I make! I don't want to have my business just be complete and utter chaos when someone looks at it.

    I want to sell my stuff, but I also want to be able to have a neat category or two that I can fit my business into, especially when it comes to advertising my products online.

    Is there any way around this, or will I have to limit the kinds of things I sell?

    submitted by /u/Visual_Fox9877
    [link] [comments]

    Business Partner: Splitting the money

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 10:40 PM PDT

    Thinking about starting a business with a partner and splitting 50/50. The issue I'm facing is whether one person should sign up for all the online accounts and have our revenue flow in through 1 bank account. In this case, that one person would be liable for all debt but also get the benefit of the profit. How do most people go about splitting the profit? joint bank account? any good options to split the liability 50/50?

    submitted by /u/kookoogaga
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for how to get my branding right?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 04:41 PM PDT

    The product I'm launching is a direct-to-consumer packaged good. I've done taste tests with ~100 customers, but have no clue how to approach the branding. Is there an effective way to test different branding options before launch? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/oscillating_cobra
    [link] [comments]

    Address Book Platform For My Customers to Manage Their Own Contacts

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 09:24 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I'm looking to enhance my website with a customer facing address book that allows my customers to enter, edit, and maintain their own contacts so we can ship to our customers friends and families. Other functionality that we need is the ability to bulk edit via a file upload (excel would be nice), and a nice to have would be the ability for our customer to enter their friends name and email, so we can reach out to have them populate their own address information if our client doesn't know how this information.

    Does anyone have any idea if there are platforms on the market that offer this functionality? I'm a small business and not looking to spend a huge amount, but any information would be extremely helpful. To be frank i'm not even sure what to call this software to start making educated google searches.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/HaloNerd4Life
    [link] [comments]

    Im Planning on opening a petshop

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 08:43 PM PDT

    i have majority of everything i need to run the business. I just have a few questions hopefully some can be answered. How would i go about getting small animals(hamsters reptiles fish)? Am i able to purchase from breeders and then resell? Also name brand dog/cat food isnt listed in any suppliers i have found, would i have to contact the companies directly for partnership?

    submitted by /u/JayRunNy
    [link] [comments]

    Best book/resource for understanding and improving cash flow of a small business?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 08:05 AM PDT

    Seems like a lot of the books out there on cash flow are more focused on understand large corporation cash flow for CPA's. Any good, simple to understand resources for understanding and improving small business cash flow?

    submitted by /u/bennerj
    [link] [comments]

    [Help] Advice for a digital marketing service business?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 05:55 PM PDT

    Hi Business Owners!

    Happy Monday :)

    I'm currently in the process of refining my digital marketing service, and would really like to get some feedback from real business owners.

    First of all, a little bit of background of myself, I've been in digital marketing industry for 5 years and are currently planning to start my own consultancy business on the side (I've also been running a side business for 3 years but recently decided to shut down that business).

    At this moment, I'm getting a bit torn apart between two directions.

    One direction is providing digital marketing consulting services, i.e., I'll listen to clients' needs and goals, and design a digital marketing strategy for them, this will include top 3 channels for their business, and "how-to" trainings in those channels. In this direction, I will only be providing consulting and training but not implementation.

    Another direction is I will also be the service provider. Because I'm just a one woman show at this moment, I figure it's better for me to focus on at most two channels, and I'll pick Google Ads and Facebook Ads as my strongest suites. The reason being that I had worked in an ad agency for two years so I'm quite familiar with the service providing process etc. .

    My questions are:

    1. Which one do you think is more suitable for small business owners?
    2. Between these two, which one will be more in demand in the market for small business owners?
    3. For business owners out there, do you prefer to work with someone locally, or you don't mind if this person is from anywhere else in the world?

    Any other feedback or thoughts would be much appreciated! :)

    submitted by /u/ZL33purple
    [link] [comments]

    Wondering on how to do bookkeeping on my personal chef business

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 06:43 AM PDT

    I am registered as a sole proprietor and am not having any luck on how to do my books. I do not have much experience and would like it to be simple. Any suggestions are welcome!

    submitted by /u/karebear111
    [link] [comments]

    5 minute phone interview about shipping for $5 for my PSU class!

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 04:58 PM PDT

    Hello! I need a 5 minute phone interview for a college class at PSU, I'll venmo you or PayPal $5 for just 5 minutes about shipping. If you have ever needed to ship something that works!

    submitted by /u/dmkaner
    [link] [comments]

    Local Seo for small business?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 04:21 PM PDT

    I was talking with another small business owner yesterday and he told me that he paid someone online to make his business come up at the top when someone searched on google. Have y'all done anything like this? I set up a google business profile and got listed of course but I have never put too much time into it. Curious to know if it's worth it, and if so, where to go for these things

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/ewebton
    [link] [comments]

    Retail Store Owners - How long did it take you to start to make a profit, and for your store to became established in your community?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 03:22 PM PDT

    Hello all!

    I am an 18 Year Old entrepreneur and owner of a cell phone wholesale company. I have been wholesaling phones at a high level for a few years now(moving a few hundred phones a week), but have recently opened a store in a similar sector. My store is focused on exclusively buying phones from the general public, which then get processed and resold both wholesale and online.

    I have been open officially for about a month, but I am still running at extreme loss. I have spent about 1k marketing alone via Facebook ads, but have also spent close to 2k on construction in the store, and another 1k or so on systems and computers within the store itself.

    Things are definitely better now, and we are getting 2-3 customers a day, but it is nowhere near where I want things to be. I know it is still early, but how long did it take your store to pick up to a decent capacity? I have hired a part time employee, but I am working about 50 hours myself, while still running my wholesale business after hours (the real money maker) AND attending university online. I'm in a bit of a tough place right now haha, shed some light for me!

    If it helps, the store in the Bronx, NY, right off the Main Street.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/phonesandcars
    [link] [comments]

    How to delete a DUNS number?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 02:54 PM PDT

    I contacted D&B 2-3 weeks ago to remove my information and delete the DUNS but they keep saying it's in the process. We are dissolving and want to ensure the account is closed.

    submitted by /u/ionizzzation
    [link] [comments]

    Best shipping service.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2020 05:26 PM PDT

    What is the best shipping platform for small ecommerce ? I sell masks and mask chains and was wondering if anyone could help me with the cheapest shipping service. I currently use USPS First class priority mail for $4.20. Anything below that would help me a lot. Thanks !

    Also visit my website: www.lhotseco.com

    submitted by /u/deepilt
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment