• Breaking News

    Friday, October 2, 2020

    Interviewed for position with base of $44k-$47k. OTE is $65k-$68k max. I’m used to making $85k+ annually. Is this a pipe dream or am I being lowballed? Sales and Selling

    Interviewed for position with base of $44k-$47k. OTE is $65k-$68k max. I’m used to making $85k+ annually. Is this a pipe dream or am I being lowballed? Sales and Selling


    Interviewed for position with base of $44k-$47k. OTE is $65k-$68k max. I’m used to making $85k+ annually. Is this a pipe dream or am I being lowballed?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 06:37 AM PDT

    A little context. I've been in outside sales for over 5 years now. Primarily in the industrial/wholesale market. I've made upwards of $90k and looking to crack the $100k+ this year, prior to COVID.

    I was officially laid off in May this year and have been working temporarily at a local retail store in town for income. I'm not hurting financially by any means, but I'm ready to get back in the field and make some real money.

    I've had a number of interviews and have turned down a few positions due not enough money offered or potential earnings. Company I'm interviewing with currently is telling me their OTE initially was $64,000 but after telling them my number is higher, they came back with higher base and new OTE at $68,500-$69,000.

    The company seems great, the manager is an awesome guy and I can tell he really wants me on his team. They offer company car, great benefits, travel expenses and future growth. But the initial money isn't there. Which is huge for me. Not only that, it's a "team" commission pay out.

    I'm on the fence because I'd like to get back out there yet I'm also in a position where being patient may pay off better. And honestly, I'd rather wait for a job that pays more and I feel is somewhere I can financially grow off my own work. Is this a pipe dream or am I being realistic?

    submitted by /u/myname1smynam3
    [link] [comments]

    Holy shit this job is a grind

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 10:31 AM PDT

    Incoming rant.

    I've been a BDR for 6 months now. Have generated 90+ opportunities, double the production of the leading rep on my team. Only one of my deals has closed - it was a pretty big $200,000 deal but I only get 1%.

    My boss told me I'd clear $80,000 if I hit this level of production - boy did he lie. At this rate I'll be lucky if I clear $55,000.

    I have weekly meetings with the outside reps. "Just keep doing what you're doing!" "You're doing perfectly!" "It's a long sales cycle you know!"

    I decided to start jumping on calls with the closing reps to see their process. Got on a call with one of the reps I sent an Opp to. First thing she says to the broker prospect is "Do you have any clients you think would work well with our system?" Zero rapport building, no value built, literally just jumps straight to asking him to share his business with her.

    Why am I spending so much time building rapport with prospects and trying to SPIN them and subtlety convey value when I'm going to pass them off to a closing rep that doesn't even know what they're doing?

    Rant complete. Go ahead and shit on me in the comments I probably need it.

    submitted by /u/Jetton
    [link] [comments]

    Received an “official warning” at work. Time to brush up the resume?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 07:09 PM PDT

    I've been at a med sales job as a field support for 3 years now. I really know my stuff and provide value to the physicians.

    Recently, business has been slow. One hospital only allows us to come in on certain days of the month, and they typically won't use our products anyways (just do what they normally do).

    I ended up reading the schedule wrong, and missed the day to go in. When the sales guy found out, he got pissed, called my boss, who then took it to HR and gave me an "official verbal warning."

    He seems like he really wants to me get past this, and they don't want to fire me (is what they said). Replacing me right now would be very difficult and costly as well.

    My performance has been great prior to this.

    Should I start brushing up the resume? Is my reputation forever damaged?

    This job pays way above market rate as well, so I don't want to lose it

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/throwntotheskygoodby
    [link] [comments]

    Fired today from a toxic environment, why do I feel awful

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 10:08 AM PDT

    Saw it coming for months, already have something new lined up, so no big loss as I was leaving anyways. Boss was gunning for me, finally got what he wanted.

    Why does it still feel so shitty?

    submitted by /u/jacephoenix
    [link] [comments]

    Solar slump in September?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 06:04 AM PDT

    I work in outside sales for a large solar company and we had our worst month of the year in September. August and July were banner months, but then our sales numbers abruptly collapsed across the entire country. I only had one sale last month, and I struggled to even get my appointments to sit.

    Any ideas why this happened? The numbers were much worse than peak covid in May/June.

    submitted by /u/Grum14
    [link] [comments]

    Sales/lead Notebook

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 07:23 AM PDT

    I get a lot of inbound calls where I need to take notes of a lot of common details like company, name, phone, email, and much more. Anyone have or know of a notebook that has pages segmented to take down info?

    Even when I'm outbound calling I still need to capture a bunch of info to put into SF. I'm looking for a sales notebook segmented for taking down the details on a sales call? Any advice?

    submitted by /u/NoKroger
    [link] [comments]

    Saas Hunter

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 07:13 AM PDT

    Hi all

    I am an experienced B2C sales professional but have recently taken a job at a company who has a new SaaS product now ready for sale. I do not have any leads and my first job would obviously entail gathering some data to mine. What have you found your best strategies for doing so? I am essentially looking to target SME Sales Managers and Boutique Recruiters.

    Thanks a ton for the advice!

    submitted by /u/AutumnBacon86
    [link] [comments]

    My predecessor ghosted on a lead in the middle of conversations - how can I restore trust?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:22 AM PDT

    I'm not sure what to do in this situation. I started doing B2B sales/business development for a tech startup in August. Essentially I'm pitching and setting up strategic alliances for them.

    One of the company's I pitched a strategic Alliance to said they were in the middle of discussions with my predecessor late last year and in early January this year. He completely disappeared on them.

    The startup went through a major downsizing in January and this person was let go. He never told this company I pitched. They had to find out through the news what was happening.

    I'm basically starting over from scratch. I had sent this $3 billion company a cold email not knowing what happened and they replied back that they were interested but they are honestly weary about advancing these conversations because of what happened before. They are concerned about the health and direction of the startup as a whole due to understandably not wanting a repeat of what happened last time.

    It seems like they are once bitten twice shy when it comes to advancing conversations. I think it is possible to get the back to the table so to speak but they will need something to give them confidence. From what I can tell based on my conversation this morning is that they're worried about a partnership with a company that is not stable.

    What would you do in this situation?

    submitted by /u/thesonofnarcs
    [link] [comments]

    Companies producing their own unboxing/product overview videos to generate sales? Ex. DJI

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 11:25 AM PDT

    Pretty much title. Im looking for companies who have produced their own video material showing their products, via unboxing or overlook, but not necessarily reviews (since I deal with products from only one single brand)

    Im looking for references, and one that I have loved so far is the DJI company videos (drones and action camera/accessories)

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/throwawayac4rmexico
    [link] [comments]

    Check marks as bullet points in email?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 11:11 AM PDT

    I'd like to know your thoughts on using the check mark bullet point In an email. These are emails that I send after talking with a prospect on the phone. The bullet point text would be short, and just emphasize the key things that we do have in our offer. Have you used the checkmark bullet points or any other non-circle bullet points before and did it make any difference good or bad? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/SmartyChance
    [link] [comments]

    Sr. Account Executive at Staffing Companies

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 11:05 AM PDT

    Anyone work in staffing? I'd think that Covid hit things hard, but the bounceback will probably be insane as there will be a lot of demand for temps and new hires once companies need to start delivering again.

    There's an open Sr Account Executive position that I'm set to learn more about today. Just wanted to get some background from someone impartial (ie: not a recruiter) as it would be a big departure for me from technical sales, although it is supposedly an engineering focused position. I currently sell large capital equipment by working with engineers on a technical level.

    I assume as an AE it would still be a B2B type role and not a headhunter position.

    submitted by /u/Ridalfo
    [link] [comments]

    Best manually curated lists of companies

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 10:51 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    We are always prospecting and looking for our next opportunities. Part of that process involves finding relevant companies to target. Today we're excited to launch Amplemarket Lists (https://lists.amplemarket.com) today, a repository of manually curated lists of companies! It's free and open to everyone. 🙂

    It has several manually curated groups of companies, like:

    ✅ Companies that launched on Product Hunt in September 2020

    ✅ 2000 that raised money during the pandemic

    ✅ Companies hiring on Hacker News in September 2020

    ✅ Dreamforce 19 Exhibitors

    Find more here: https://lists.amplemarket.com/

    Would love to hear your feedback!

    submitted by /u/mgdo
    [link] [comments]

    Locum tenens account management

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 06:44 AM PDT

    Any thoughts on this field? I can give more details but about over half of my office just quit and apparently that is the norm. I'm trying to find out if this is something I should stick with.

    For anyone that doesn't know, this is temporary medical staffing for doctors and mid levels.

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/gypsicmigraines
    [link] [comments]

    Career in insurance sales

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 10:29 AM PDT

    I start my new/first job out of college at a small insurance company as a Sales Support Representative , hopefully being able to move up to an agent role in 6-8 months they expect. Before I took this job I have applied to dozens of SaaS jobs in my area with no luck, so I took this job to gain some experience and earn some money in the mean time. I never considered a career in insurance sales before so would love to hear from veterans in the space on the positives and negatives. Should I continue to try and break into software or stick with insurance?

    submitted by /u/claytonking123
    [link] [comments]

    Remote Sales oppurtunity

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 09:17 AM PDT

    Posting this opportunity again. 2-5k Product price with 30-50% commissions involved. Will start ASAP. Real estate marketing, private jet chartering and chiropractors. Send me a text at 816-519-3499

    submitted by /u/hunterxedwards
    [link] [comments]

    I’m interviewing somewhere, and the base pay is 40k. The hiring manager says that in a year, she’d want me to be making enough in commission to replace my base pay. What does that mean? Is she being slick? OTOH the recruiter says I can expect 80k-100k OTE.

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 11:06 PM PDT

    If you’re wanting to get out of sales but scared to leave the money...

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 08:47 AM PDT

    Check out cloud certifications.

    My wife works in sales at an online cloud education platform that helps you learn everything to be certified and with a few of these (6-10 months of studying depending on time allocated) you could easily crack a 6 fig salary.

    Or become a sales engineer if you want to not fully leave the hustle.

    Just an idea y'all

    submitted by /u/ActualPieceofPoop
    [link] [comments]

    Best Place To Find A Salesperson

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 08:41 AM PDT

    Think of the best sales job you have, or have had. Where did you find that job?

    I need to find a salesperson and I have no idea where the best place to find one is. Position is phone work with warm leads, in a lead-nurture role. No pressure. Set salary + performance bonus.

    Downsides are they must be local and work out of our office, so there'd be a dress code; and we're a small office so the traditional sales career track isn't here.

    Craigslist? Indeed? FB?

    Is there a sales-specific job board/site I should consider?

    submitted by /u/OwlStretcher
    [link] [comments]

    Travel agency

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 08:37 AM PDT

    So I'm debating starting a job with IntelliTravel (UK and US based travel agency). Have never worked in sales but so far it looks solid: up to 70% commission, no targets, full training throughout, 100% money back guarantee within the first month, can choose our hours and can work from home.

    However, commission is only upon completion of the trip (!) and above all, I'm worried that it's just not the right time to be going into this business bc of covid?

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated

    submitted by /u/strugglinghumanoid
    [link] [comments]

    Business Development/Sales Career Start - XaaS - B2B.

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 07:12 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    currently I am trying to start a career in business development or in similar sales jobs in the B2B sector and preferably SaaS but it can also be anything else XaaS.

    I have a financial background, Master's degree in business administration (Accounting/Finance/Strategic Management) and 2,5 years working experience in after sales service (Account Management) and fund accountant (traditional investment funds).

    I am from Germany and would like to work remotely, can be anywhere in Europe, large part of the time, as I am not living in a big city. I sent quite a lot applications but did not land a job yet with those criterias. I would sure live in the city for the first 2 months or so to get familiarised with the work and travel there regularly to have good relationships with coworkers and bosses.

    I have the impression, there are 2 reasons I don't land the job:
    First is lack of concrete B2B Business Development or Selling experience.
    Second one is my wish to work remotely for large amount of time.

    Do you guys have any advice for me?Maybe I need to change the criteria? move to a big city? Get an internhip in Bus Dev first?

    Thanks a lot in advance.

    submitted by /u/besigg
    [link] [comments]

    !!Highest paying sales jobs?!!!

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 06:17 AM PDT

    Hi there, can someone tell me what are the highest paying sales jobs. Or Atleast the highest paying industry to work in?

    submitted by /u/usman232323
    [link] [comments]

    Territories changing within first week of a new role - concerning or normal?

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 02:22 AM PDT

    Just started a new role, first week in and my territory has been reduced despite being told what my territories will be during interviews and in the first few days on the job.

    Should I be worried about future goalpost shifts being more likely or is this normal?

    submitted by /u/fitnessandstuff
    [link] [comments]

    Double glazing sales - help

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 05:58 AM PDT

    Hello! Started begining of July with minimum experience in sales, but I love the field. One call close, commission only job. Had a few deals coming in that cover the bills and a handful of big money deals that should cover a couple month of lavish living, but now I'm in a rut.

    I can barely bring in a shitty deal that won't even pay for the gas to the lead. I'm constantly training, reading and listening and I feel like it's gonna click any second now, but the more misses I get, the more frustrating it is. I'm expected to get 3 in 12 leads, but I only get 1 small sale a week. Anyone in the field of double glazing that has any advice? I love sales, should I change to something that has a base + commission to relieve some stress and to learn better? What industry should I aim for?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/pauljjr
    [link] [comments]

    script opening suggestion

    Posted: 02 Oct 2020 05:39 AM PDT

    Hey everybody!

    I started a new job 2 weeks ago at a cable company which provides a good deal for triple (TV, Web Infrastructure, and telephone).

    The company had a bad reputation in the past due to bad customer service and technical issues. The company has always been the biggest company in the industry in my country.

    The company really change...

    I am doing cold calls to customers who moved to another provider, so when I introduce myself and the company I calling from many customers don't even want to hear what I have to say...

    How would you start the call?

    submitted by /u/yoav27016
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment