• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 1, 2020

    I feel swindled and disrespected! Why do sales ppl do this ? Sales and Selling

    I feel swindled and disrespected! Why do sales ppl do this ? Sales and Selling


    I feel swindled and disrespected! Why do sales ppl do this ?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 04:42 AM PDT

    1. I work at tech company and I've had this sales guy consistently reach out for months since I had signed up for one of those webinars they hosted.

    2. A kind SDE reached out. I said this wasn't a good time because we're knee-deep in other projects but down the pipeline we'll circle back. She objected with an Amazon gift card for a harmless discovery call.

    3. I said okay fine no harm there.

    4. Next thing you know some account executive is on the call asking deep questions and trying to get introductions to top decision makers.

    5. "Next steps" is a proposed large demo with key decision makers and me needing to make introductions.

    TLDR: I told this software company we don't have the bandwidth right now. We had a discovery call in exchange for a gift card and now he's trying to push for a close and disregarded what I said.

    How do I shut this all down without being rude ? I feel very disrespected. Am I wrong ?

    EDIT: Take an easy. I'm new at this. To provide more context I ignored for 3 months. I accepted the amazon voucher only after they understood that we have no resources right now to commit.

    submitted by /u/1RookieSysAdmin
    [link] [comments]

    Cold calling alone

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 08:15 AM PDT

    Hey guys, really just want to rant here but if you have any advice I'm all ears.

    Part of the reason I was a good cold caller before was because I was on a fun, high energy sales floor with supportive people. If you had a bad call, it was easy to laugh it off with coworkers going through the same thing, and make the next dial.

    Now that we are working remote, I've lost my confidence and I dread calling. Without the energy and support of the team, I feel like the rejection and anxiety just hangs there in the quiet room with me.

    Sometimes the other SDRs will jump on zoom calls with me and we will call together that way, but it's not the same. I know that I'm lucky to be in my position and I just need to push through... but I didn't think it would be so difficult!

    submitted by /u/dafriendlyginge
    [link] [comments]

    How was your Q3?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 07:44 AM PDT

    I'm frustrated by the "gurus" in the sales industry. Are there any actually decent sales teachers out there?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 12:56 PM PDT

    Alright, so hear me out. I'm talking about Grant Cardone, Dan Lok, and Jordan Belfort to an extent.

    I've seen at least 15 of Dan Lok's and Grant Cardone's youtube videos, each. I know, I know. I'm trying to learn everything I can about sales and figured I'd listen to these guys who are considered "gurus" in the sales industry.

    My question is this: how can anybody take these clowns seriously?

    Grant Cardone has the "charisma" of a used car salesmen who is trying to make you feel like you're getting a good deal because he's discounting the used car from the MSRP (even though they were never going to sell it at the MSRP anyway). The few people I know in real life who ardently support Grant Cardone are basically all emotionally immature manchildren who are willing to lie like crazy to prospects.

    I'm sure Cardone's macho and aggressive style works in car sales, but does anybody seriously think his sales style would work in longer sales cycles? Also, if you've seen the interview between Jordan Belfort and Grant Cardone, Belfort exposes Cardone for the fraud that he is. Cardone is basically a decent internet marketer and a mediocre salesperson and Cardone even admits in the interview that he hates sales.

    Dan Lok might be even worse. I don't know what it is with these internet gurus in needing to look all cool and flashy in all their videos. Dan Lok has one video where he's doing a "cold call" and it looks faked where he's acting all masculine saying things to the prospect like "my competitors are like Hyundai and I'm a fucking Bentley". Grant Cardone makes similar videos where all he has to do is say his name and prospects act in shock that they're talking to Cardone and immediately becomes receptive to him. These sales videos aren't examples of good sales techniques, it's an example of good name recognition.

    The only well-known sales guru who is actually decent at teaching sales is Jordan Belfort, however I have some qualms with him also. He went to prison for 22 months for basically ripping his clients off. Is this really the best guy we have to learn sales from? In interviews, Belfort acts like it was never his intention to scam his clients and almost tries to paint himself as a victim.

    Are there any decent sales teachers out there that ACTUALLY teach sales and didn't go to prison for securities fraud/money laundering?

    submitted by /u/pilipinonguci11
    [link] [comments]

    Emotional side of Sandler’s pain funnel

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 08:55 AM PDT

    Pain Funnel

    I sell cyber security software to large enterprise customers and have recently started to implement Sandler's pain funnel concept into my initial discovery calls. The results have been awesome.

    Where I'm curious if anyone has any advice or tricks is towards the bottom end of the funnel where questions are meant to shift from intellectual to emotional. I have leveraged Chris Voss' labeling technique primarily. Couple quick examples of how I've used labeling:

    It sounds like this has really beaten you up.

    It sounds like this has prevented you from delivering on your strategy.

    Has anyone had success leveraging other techniques to get to the emotional pain?

    submitted by /u/bwhite10
    [link] [comments]

    D1 Athlete wondering how to use that to land a sales job in the field I want

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 07:29 AM PDT

    I am having a hell of a time trying to find a sales job and I'm always told that D1 athletes are highly wanted for sales positions and I'm wondering how I use that I was a D1 athlete, chemistry degree w/ a focus in med chem, as well as having experience in a lab settings to get a job as a pharma Rep or med device, I'm also trying to find chem sales as well. I feel like having those things would put me on the top of the list but I cant even get interviews anywhere that aren't MLMs. I feel like I have an amazing background minus the whole "0 sales experience" thing that I have to overcome. I'm currently working on getting the NAPSR cert and am wondering, What else should I be doing and can be doing to land a job in one of these fields.

    As a side note I've started to really get into this sub and reading a lot of posts in here and its really given me the hope and fuel that's driving me to not only get into sales, but fucking kill it when I get in so thank you guys.

    submitted by /u/gimmiehealz
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an app/program where I can paste a bunch of phone numbers from a spreadsheet and my phone will call them one by one?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 11:43 AM PDT

    E.G., I paste all the numbers and it dials the first until I hang up or leave a message, then it automatically dials the next number (or I can press a button on my phone -- the key is I don't want to have to stay on my computer and/or constantly monitor the number being dialed, I want it all automated).

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Covid-19202122
    [link] [comments]

    Days behind on my b2b emails/phone calls, advice?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 08:26 AM PDT

    Hey all,

    I work in b2b doing calls, Emails, follow ups, leads. We sell promotional products to other businesses.

    We half about half the staff we had last year at this time, but the expectations have doubled in the past few weeks.

    I understand it all needs to get done, but it is to the point where clients are angry because they have to wait days for any response.

    I try to prioritize the bigger orders, but it's been very stressful.

    My workload is bigger than it ever has been and I'm finding myself making more mistakes because of it.

    We have expressed out concerns that we need more salespeople, as sales are pouring in. On their side of things they are weary of how the market will play out the rest of this year.

    Edit: we do not get commision...yeah.

    Any advice?

    submitted by /u/SadMNFan
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking about making a move down the road

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 10:32 AM PDT

    I think I'm about 6 months away from wanting to make a move. I have almost no support on the back end with leads, prospects, marketing and awful customer service. I'm young, and have 6 months bdr + 1.5 closing as a smb/mm AE in. Saas reseller for the same company. My questions are how do I find companies that utilize bdr's for all of their ae's- we only do it for enterprise. When did you know the time was right for a move? I feel like ive gotten places in a bad position as I had a great first year so they put me in a bad territory to see if we can get any production. Where do you find info about the true company culture? Can I jump from being an ae at a software reseller to an ae at a software company?

    submitted by /u/bill_self69
    [link] [comments]

    Vendor policy says no food allowed but receptionist and nurse said they like cupcakes. Do I bring them or not?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 08:02 AM PDT

    In the vendor policy for the institution and company that I am trying to sell to says strictly no gifts can be given by vendors and food cannot be excepted however the nurse and front desk receptionist told me that they both like cupcakes and asked if I could bring some should I bring them or not. in the vendor policy for the institution and company that I am trying to sell to says strictly no gifts can be given by vendors and food cannot be excepted however the nurse and front desk receptionist told me that they both like cupcakes and asked if I could bring some should I bring them or not? I don't wanna get my company restricted access

    submitted by /u/615huncho615
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for selling at home for a new hire?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 07:12 AM PDT

    Hello everyone!

    I just started a job a month ago in logistics sales and it's my first job out of college and it's a lot (I did have a sales internship before this though).

    I enjoy it a lot but I hate working at home trying to learn without being around coworkers and hearing their conversations on the sales floor. I genuinely miss it.

    I don't know if I'll be successful trying to sell from home because the industry is so new and I'm afraid I won't be getting a sell. I'm doing well on cold calls and getting connects but the industry is so bad right now and it's at an all time high.

    So I'm curious. Those that are new to sales or those that had to transfer to working at home how do you keep the same energy as if you were in the office?

    submitted by /u/ChristianMikal
    [link] [comments]

    How to...

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 08:30 AM PDT

    So here's the situation for your kind consideration. I sought out a prospect, Jake, at a jumbo company. After presenting my product, was told "looks good but don't call me, I'll call you" as next steps in a dismissive matter...no prob there.

    Would it help or hurt if I reach out to someone else a couple rungs up the ladder? It will definitively get back to Jake. How would I even go about it phrasing wise? As you can tell, I'm a noob.

    Edit: for sake of clarity, I'm taking Jake at his word and not reaching back out for a little bit.

    submitted by /u/maryugarfieldu84
    [link] [comments]

    A politically incorrect guide on how to avoid toxic/evil sales managers and find the few good ones.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 08:47 PM PDT

    An unfortunate reality of sales is that good or even decent managers are in the minority and I'd say close to rare. A user named /u/ovaltine_jenkins-- asked me on a previous thread why sales managers tend to generally be terrible people. Having been in the field of SaaS for long enough, I'd say this person is right. Terrible, abusive, sadistic, narcissistic, scheming, and toxic overall people are very very common in the sales profession and you will find them nowhere else than leadership.

    When I started my career, I was a victim to a manager who was among the worst people I had known in my life. He put on a friendly and welcoming persona in front of others in the office but we had this thing called "daily huddles". They were supposed to last for 30 minutes but went on for 4 hours on some days, you had to be in them.

    Overtime, you realized that the guy was really divisive, loved to stir the pot, played favorites, turned reps against each other, and probed aggressively into your personal life. You also heard him melting down in meetings talking about how he would slit the throat of one of the VPs or rape the guy's daughters. That's just the tip of the iceberg but overall, a really bad dude. Unfortunately, the type isn't that rare in SaaS and they do get into high up places. I have had a couple other bad managers before I found a good one.

    And sales is rough, no manager is perfect, we ALL have a bad side.

    All managers have a bad side and will yell at reps, that is okay. All managers will have a bad day. What you want to avoid are managers who are habitually bad and habitually toxic. You want to avoid managers who are constantly starting drama and picking fights or stirring the pot. Those are the ones that will wear on you.

    So how do you avoid working for Darth Sidious? How can you save your sanity, health, and career to avoid taking orders from a complete and total scumbag?

    Well, the saying goes people do not leave the job, they leave their boss. I think it is one of the wisest sayings in business, nothing worse in the world than a terrible boss. A toxic boss who is hellbent on ruining lives will take your sanity not just at work but also outside of it. So how can you avoid such a guy or girl? If it was only that simple, we would have a book that would be the next best seller. I have however found certain trends that helped me find better managers than my previous ones and put me in a better spot. Here is what you can look out for and do to make sure you don't take orders from a demon spawn.

    1 - Define what a good manager is to you.

    Sounds generic but here is why. As scummy as my manager in my first role was, some reps genuinely liked him. Yeah, guy lets you know his fantasies about wanting to rape someone's daughter and loves to cause drama but some people still liked him. Some reps love managers who are dramatic, stir the pot, and are making the work environment hectic. Other reps prefer a manager who is all business and wants to get the job done (that is my preference). Some prefer a micromanager. Some prefer a manager that lets them do their job. Define what a good manager is to you.

    2 - No matter what the circumstances, never be desperate. Desperation when looking for a job shows and puts smiles on faces of sinister people.

    Easier said than done, especially in these times, but I noticed that when I ended up with toxic managers, I was desperate. I had a rough situation and really needed a job. Short on money and I took the first decent role that gave me a chance, then months down the road I realized I did not vet the manager correctly. You will most run into terrible people as managers when you go into the job hunt in desperation mode. As hard as it sounds, do not be desperate for the sake of your long-term sanity.

    One place I see people commonly run into toxic managers are near the entry level roles where someone out of college really needs a job. These people, desperate for a job and unaware of how many nasty and terrible people exist in the business world, will take the first job they get.

    You may think you are alleviating a pain by getting a job right now and going for whoever takes you but you are not. Think to yourself and ask this question, how hard did you have to work to actually get your role?. Did they at least make you write a sample email and go through many rounds of interviews or was it way too easy? Be honest with yourself there. Sometimes easy can be good because you and the manager just click but other times? Easy is bad because it means they desperately need people.

    3 - They check your references, you check THEIRs. Never take a manager at face value. Get an understanding for what the manager is like at their worst.

    Every manager will put on an act and put on the goody two shoe attitude. Overtime, that mask fades.

    Companies do reference checks all the time, you should too. Ask active SDRs how it is like at the company you want to work for. I'd say pick any that are at least 8 months in, that is when the honeymoon period wears off. Ask them what they have loved about working at the company and if you find any SDRs that left the company after a while, without turning into AEs, check their story. You will be surprised how many SDRs will caught up the truth and are not drinking the company Kool Aid after work.

    The other reference you have is, as much as people hate it, Glassdoor. Check the reviews and see the trend. You want to be able to see where the trend is hitting and what the world is saying about the role. Even go as far as to see companies they worked at previous and see what happened to the reps they knew. How many of those reps got promoted.

    4 - Be ready to lose fast, especially at the start, when you interview. Ask the tough questions that can provoke your future boss.

    Reps looking for a job will ask the easy and cookie cutter questions because they do not want to piss off their future job. You do yourself a huge dis-service here. Instead, ask the questions that are provocative and see how your future boss reacts. Say you go to a company where they laid off an SDR team in a city or have a high churn rate for SDRs, ask why that is.

    See how the manager reacts to this and what their answer is. If it is more of blaming so many SDRs on their failure? Well, I would run the other way. If it is the manager taking ownership and saying how they were not able to do what is best? Potentially consider them and ask what would be different this time.

    5 - As bad as it sounds and as much as you will disagree, use the Halo Effect. People ugly on the outside are often ugly on the inside too.

    One of my friends had a really good manager who looked a lot like Liam Hemsworth and was always a joy to be around. So one day, we make a joke and another friend says "I mean if you looked like that and had six figures rolling in before your mid-30s, you wouldn't have a lot to be upset about". We live in a body shaming age and all that but I have found this to be true time and time again.

    My managers in the past who were downright evil people were often ugly on the outside. The evil manager I told you guys about was a chubby guy who was bald and just looked sketchy from his face. One other manager I had who was downright sadistic had a receding hairline, big nose, and wrinkled skin.

    Now are all managers not blessed in the looks department bad people? That is not what I am saying. What I am saying is that it does play into and it does matter. Someone with good looks, money, and good health will rarely take much pleasure in ruining others. On the other hand, misery does love company and it is easier to be miserable when you are ugly.

    One other piece of advice, avoid a really young manager if you can, it is their first go and you never know how management will change people.

    6 - See how out of place you look in that sales environment. Prejudice and bigotry are real, even in the professional world.

    Are most SDRs fratty white guys who love football and their manager the same? Yet you are a minority who is also kind of on the dorky end? It can work but in most cases, it probably won't. Overtime, the biases that people have will start to show. People prefer to hang out with people who are like them. As a result, managers will tend to hire reps and promote reps who are a lot like them. I know it sucks but that is just what it is.

    Managers will be more likely to be rude, abusive, and disrespectful to people who are different than them. It is an unfortunate reality but that is what happens all the time, I have seen instances where it made my blood boil.

    There are exceptions here without question, I have seen southern country white guys promote Asian, black, Indian, and Hispanic people.

    One way around this is to make friends with SDRs at other companies and see which one of them you gel well with. In this day and age, there are so many online networking opportunities that you can have a number of Zoom calls throughout the months to know some people on a personal level.

    That's a lot, maybe too long.

    And it is imperfect.

    It is imperfect because there is no 100% science to this. That is where you just have to rely on your gut and intuition after all the work you have done.

    submitted by /u/BluecloudEwwcloud
    [link] [comments]

    Cold Call flow with hubspot

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 12:06 PM PDT

    People who use hubspot (or maybe any CRM) and cold call alot, I'm wondering what your process is. I am just switching over from just using a google sheets spreadsheet as my client/prospect database, and it just feels clunky when I have my cold call sessions in hubspot now. What I really loved about google sheets is that I could quickly look on the list and have the name, notes about the prospect/company, numbers & emails, and call history notes all right in front of me in different columns. Im looking for any tips anyone has at all for making this process faster. Currently I just go to the contacts module and individually bring up each contact i am going to call and click through the notes/activity sections to refresh myself on the prospect. I'm someone who just busts out hour long sessions where I dial constantly, where I had all the info i needed right in front of me on a spreadsheet. The constant clicking through hubspot is crampin my style a bit.

    submitted by /u/tharzog-788
    [link] [comments]

    Cold Calling: More difficult with an audience?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 12:06 PM PDT

    Hello, I'm looking to see if anyone else experiences this, or has any recommendations.

    I am one of those people that very much enjoys cold calling. I do my own research, cold calls and follow up. I have no issue with this.

    The place that I begin to run into difficulties is when I have to cold call a prospect in front of someone, be it my co-workers or boss. I begin being much more critical, and get less comfortable on the call.

    The most common advice I have received is to just do it, and begin cold calling in front of people often. This makes a lot of sense for breaking the feedback loop involved with avoiding it as well. Anyone have any other advice?

    Let me know what you think, either with advice or a similar situation! Thanks for reading!

    submitted by /u/SalesTBD
    [link] [comments]

    CRM Activity Tracking

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 11:52 AM PDT

    I'm semi-new at a Mortgage company and our CRM activity tracker is short changing me. I can't nail down what does or does not count in the logged time. I believe it likely only counts time that is spent on our platform (making calls, editing borrower profiles, actively showing yourself as available for inbound dials, etc.). They initially notify new hires that it specifically does not track anything in outlook, which explains some of my lost time, but I still find that my clock in time-to-activity ratio is not accurate and falls short of correctly capturing my work.

    Besides "gaming" the system with constant refreshing with what I can tell counts, what are other measureables to consider to make sure my time is counted when it should be? Is mouse movement a possible variable? Appreciate any help.

    submitted by /u/ThurnisHailey
    [link] [comments]

    As a sales person, is it typical to be paid commission on the 1st year of services as opposed to just a few months?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 11:52 AM PDT

    I'm selling a managed service. My bosses only want to pay me for the first 4 months, but typically the clients i'm selling to are looking at a partnership for a year or more.

    submitted by /u/DrianoBriscoll
    [link] [comments]

    Headset/mic set-up?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    So I bought a mic from Amazon and it was trash. Didn't realize it till too late. Any mics/headsets you'd recommend for a direct USB plug-in? My Computer Bluetooth does not work (probably because I bought that from Amazon as well and it is trash).

    submitted by /u/blingblingmofo
    [link] [comments]

    I think my former company is trying to stiff me out of outstanding sales commissions.

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 10:51 AM PDT

    From January to June 2020, I worked for a home improvements company on a commission-only basis. When the lockdown happened, I decided to use the opportunity to pursue a career change. When the the company started offering remote appointments, I told my manager and shortly afterwards my access to company email and software was cut off. I received a letter from the company a few weeks later (July 24th), with the following language:

    ...as appropriate any outstanding commission due will paid [sic], any commissions paid in advance along with any outstanding debt for an IT device will also be reclaimed and you will be written to separately regarding this within the next 28 days."

    FYI, the IT device mentioned is a tablet which was co-paid by the company and the cost of which was deducted from commissions in the initial months, after which the device became yours. I don't remember whether those payments were finished or not. Regardless, as of today I have not received any further communication and when I saw my former manager to return some marketing collateral he was cagey on the topic.

    There are 2 quirks to the way commissions are worked out:

    1. for every product category, the software gives you a "full price" on which you get 100% of your commission (roughly 15% of the sale value). If you think you need to offer a discount to make the sale, you can go down up to a point, and your commission goes down accordingly. Now, every product category has different "discount scales", which means that if you give a £1,000 discount in two different categories, the impact on your commission will be different;
    2. your commission isn't safe until a surveyor has scouted the worksite, which happens after you made the sale. If the price increase because of your mistake (ie you didn't account for extra-deep foundations) and the customer doesn't want to pay the difference, it comes out of your pocket — by which time you'll already have pocketed the full commission, which means you'll actually have to send the company the difference.

    Now, the last sale I made before lockdown had 2 products in different categories. It was a large project, but the customer was happy to pay full price. I offered a discount to show some good will, so I rounded up the price from £55.5k to £54k. Obviously, the customer didn't care whether the discount came off Product #1 or #2, so I took it off the product that would least affect my commission. There is no clause in the contract which says you can't do this.

    All in all, I should have received about £4.5k in commissions. When the payment came in, it was for less than £2k.

    I told my manager about it, but he said it was out of his hands; the next chance to rectify the amount would be when the survey took place, which meant I had to wait for the lockdown to be lifted (surveyors were on lockdown too).

    Well, the lockdown is over, the survey has taken place but I have not received a second letter from the company nor, of course, any money. It may still come, but I doubt it for the following reasons:

    • All the calculations on price, discount and commission took place inside the company's software, to which of course I don't have access anymore. I do have my notes with the figures on them, though;
    • While in normal conditions I would have a copy of the contract, because of the lockdown the company sent it directly to the customers, so I have no proof of how much they actually paid;
    • The value of the tablet is much lower than the £2.5k they still owe me, so they may decide to play it vague and force me to go after them.

    I plan to give it until the end of the week and then send a letter (unless I hear from them first).

    Has anyone ever had anything like this happen to them? What do you do when you're owed money but you can't access the proof?

    submitted by /u/antimofm
    [link] [comments]

    6 Years Into Auto Sales... Looking For The Next Sales Career Move.. Any Advice?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 06:58 AM PDT

    Whats up all. Reaching out to you for some advice.. Here's a quick background:

    I'm 28, got my first auto sales job selling Land Rover/Jaguar (very fortunate for that) at a Penske dealership. After about 2 1/2 years there, I was offered the opportunity to come work for a close family friend who's the GM of a GMC/Buick dealership. I left LR/Jag because there was a lot of corporate crap going on (write-ups, upper management unhappy with sales quotas, favoritism, etc.). I live/sell in Fairfield County, Connecticut where there's a lot of money and pretty much always a booming economy.

    I'm very confident in my ability to create relationships, build trust and sell. I'm at a point right now where I think I can use my experience/talent to make more money. Lately, I've been looking into real estate/mortgage sales. I've spent some time on Indeed browsing around and there's a bunch of sales jobs in my area (I'm about 30-45 minutes outside of NYC). Anything from solar to life insurance, real estate, software, commercial property management, etc.

    The down time in the car business can be daunting. I feel like I'm wasting the hours in the day and could be using this time to make bigger commission checks.

    Would love to get some opinions from everyone. I love cars and don't mind the car business.. but at the end of the day I'm just trying to make as much money as possible.

    submitted by /u/M3F3
    [link] [comments]

    I'm scared of taking the next steps to become an AE. Any help?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 10:34 AM PDT

    I've been an SDR for a software company for 3 years (Though my official title is Sales Executive as I close my own deals that are 1-5 seats). I've been promoted to an SE around a year ago as I told my boss of my desire to go up the ladder. I made 40k, 55k and going to be making around 60-65k this year (My company has slowly been growing as a company in general)

    I WFH indefinitely, my company gives us a $50 food budget every month, my mental health is pretty good as I always hit my goals, and my relationship is my coworkers and boss are good. Also, most of the leads are inbound.

    I really want to become an AE to make more money but it looks like my company will be outsourcing there AE's as we grow. Im scared of applying for an AE job because what if I fail in my new job and everything isn't as good as this, what if my skills are lacking to outsource my own and get fired fast, etc.

    What will you do in my situation?

    submitted by /u/redkuzma
    [link] [comments]

    Quitting sales job during covid

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 10:17 AM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    The title pretty much explains it all. But I've gotten to the point where I can't stand what I'm selling and what's going on with my company.

    I'm currently in SaaS, IT, and outsourced marketing sales. Back in March when the whole COVID pandemic hit we laid off over 200 people in a 700 person company. Since then supposedly we've hired the number of people that got canned back. (Although I really don't buy this based on order processing, and lack of admin resources when deals are closed)

    We are back in the office full time now with no option of WFH. And the micro management has gotten pretty annoying to the point where everything in terms of calls, appointments, follow ups, and basically everything else we do is tracked by the hour, which i find annoying cause I have to update these things by the hour too or else I get yelled at. Along with this we take a strong approach into only using the phone as a prospecting tool to hit activity quotas (def quantity over quality with this) and it's becoming less effective imo since there are less people in the office.

    Gonna leave one final complaint (lol) and question. Since it's territory based, I was working on a deal for some software that was (70k+). However the more senior account reps don't have territories. and since one of them met with this account before I worked there like 5 years ago (not their customer btw just a prospect) I got the deal taken away from me and the other rep got credit for it.

    Just feel like I'm at a loss and I'm still waiting on commissions from deals from almost a year ago at this point because that also takes forever too (sometimes up to 5yrs) . Have any of you guys left your job during covid voluntarily?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/mitch310
    [link] [comments]

    How does one improve their ability to frame questions? (with regards to sales)

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 05:57 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I recently did a roleplay with my manager on a discovery call.

    The feedback I received was I had poor framing of questions.

    Has anyone stumbled upon a similar situation before or are there any recommended ways to improve the ability to frame questions better?

    Thank you. :)

    submitted by /u/liloandstitch_
    [link] [comments]

    Solar Panels for Schools question

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 09:28 AM PDT

    In my area of SC I have seen a increase of interest for Solar for schools. Since I know schools are a nonprofit organization that dont file taxes at the end of the year. So that eliminates the incentives they could have received. So what is the benefits of getting Solar Panels for schools? How can they purchase them that's not a lease program? What is their ROI if they chose to go Solar? Is there any state tax benefits that can help pay for the Solar Panels systems? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Kiroinor
    [link] [comments]

    Finished my first full month on the sales floor

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 08:57 PM PDT

    Hey all, long-time lurker in this sub. In early August I landed a gig as a sales associate at a popular furniture outlet in town. I didn't know a thing about furniture, but I wanted to get my foot into sales and I heard the money could be good once you got the hang of it. Getting the hang of it wasn't exactly easy—our show floor is pretty big and learning the different features and benefits between the brands was pretty difficult—but after 5 weeks of being on the show floor, I'm starting to get the hang of it. My manager's goal for me this month was to write $50,000 in sales by the end of the month. Today I hit $65K, exceeding his goal by 30%.

    The days are long, the customers and clients can be difficult, and holy shit COVID has made logistics and manufacturing a nightmare, but in spite of all of that I can honestly say I love my job. Helping a customer find the perfect piece of furniture delights the problem-solver in me, and closing a sale feels like ecstasy.

    submitted by /u/CrackinThunder
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment