• Breaking News

    Friday, October 9, 2020

    Business AMD said to be in advanced talks to buy Xilinx in over $30 billion deal

    Business AMD said to be in advanced talks to buy Xilinx in over $30 billion deal


    AMD said to be in advanced talks to buy Xilinx in over $30 billion deal

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 06:45 PM PDT

    Chevron Dethrones Exxon as the Largest U.S. Oil Company

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 05:15 PM PDT

    How chicken plants became more dangerous places to work than coal mines

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 04:45 AM PDT

    A warm cookie vending machine: Businesses get creative to fight COVID’s impact on bottom line

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 06:52 AM PDT

    US jobless claims likely remain high as layoffs persist

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 05:39 AM PDT

    Billionaire fortunes reach record $10.2 trillion during COVID-19

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 10:58 PM PDT

    Casual dining chain Ruby Tuesday files for bankruptcy protection

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:55 AM PDT

    Billionaires' riches reach record highs during coronavirus pandemic - New highs amid global crisis

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 02:29 AM PDT

    Dollar General targets a higher-end shopper in the suburbs with new store, Popshelf

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 10:15 AM PDT

    I have an amazing, value packed book, where do I get a lot of traffick to it?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 01:41 AM PDT

    I, inspired by my social anxiety, fear, and other emotional problems, a few years ago started researching various therapy techniques, went really deep into the self-help, holistic therapy field, and found unconventional healing techniques that transformed me entirely. They also helped people close to me. I compiled a full book of all the techniques I used, the instructions on how to use them, my own personal techniques, routines, do's and don'ts covering everything from how to manage, get rid of (integrate) fear, anxiety, social anxiety, anger, hopelessness, depression, sadness, grief, coping mechanisms, addictions, guilt, shame, denial, shock and disbelief, laziness. It also covers health and how to be more energized, motivation, physical exercises for overall wellness and more. I haven't published yet.

    Why am I listing all of this? My point is, it's a super-manual for emotional well being, taking on any problems a person might have with unconventional techniques not taught commonly, and has the capacity to cure people of whatever they are experiencing.

    That's why it provides a LOT of value. It can be useful to everyone at the very least, and life changing usually. Because it provides so much value, I want to charge $100 per book (digital or hardcover), and I want to get at least 10,000 sales. The reason I want to charge $100 is because the information that I'm sharing solved all of my problems, and literally has the potential to help people resolve major life issues; that's the only reason why I want to charge that much.

    I've never published books before, and I'm not very familiar with marketing, and I'm broke, and creating an instagram account for your book and taking years to grow it is too strenuous and often doesn't result in big success. I want to know, how can I get a large amount of traffic to my book/digital version of it for free/relativley cheap?

    I may sound naive but I would love to have 1 Million to 100 Million people see it, and I know the conversions will be large since this is literally a huge amount of value I'm providing with the book.

    What are some options? How would I go about this without it taking too much time?

    submitted by /u/HipHopBird
    [link] [comments]

    How is Architectural Digest able to get so many famous celebs to show and tour their house on youtube? What's their business model?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 01:09 AM PDT

    How is Architectural Digest able to get so many famous celebs to show and tour their house on youtube? What's their business model?

    submitted by /u/happypuppy100
    [link] [comments]

    Time zones

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 07:33 PM PDT

    How do you set up a meeting among several time zones?

    I used this website hoping to be able to have meeting attendees click on it to see the meeting time in their own time zone but I set the time to 9:00am EST and when I click on the link it changes to 9:00 GMT, that can't be right. Am I supposed to first find out the time of GMT at my meeting time and then enter THAT into the calculator and then create the link so people can then find the time using the time in GMT? I am not sure why this is so confusing. Does it work correctly for anyone else? I love the concept but I feel like the website isn't working properly.

    Here's the link before (I change it to 9:00am EST) https://www.timezonecheck.com/events.html

    And here's what comes up after (9:00am GMT) http://www.timezonecheck.com/?t=9%3A00%20am&tz=EST%20

    submitted by /u/cliffkiff
    [link] [comments]

    WarnerMedia Plans Thousands of Job Cuts in Restructuring | Wall Street Journal

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 11:39 AM PDT

    SWOT

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 10:30 AM PDT

    Is seasonality a weakness or threat for a travel agency?

    submitted by /u/Afraid_Account_2738
    [link] [comments]

    NewRoad Capital Partners Announces the Final Close of NewRoad Fund III, L.P., a Lower Middle Market Growth Equity and Growth Buyout Fund Focused on the U.S. Supply Chain & Logistics and Retail & Consumer Packaged Goods Sectors

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 11:03 AM PDT

    Are these worth anything?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 07:11 AM PDT

    Meeting with People on LinkedIn.

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 07:52 AM PDT

    I just sent an in mail to a random person on linked in who has my dream job and has ton of experience. They agreed to have a zoom meeting where we can discuss their journey into the field and offer advice they have for me.

    Do you have any advice on what I should say or do during the meeting? What would you expect of the person who is looking to meet you?

    This is my first time even reaching out to someone I don't know on LinkedIn. I'm kinda nervous.

    submitted by /u/idkwhat2putasmyuserr
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone pay for a chatbot service that could answer a few questions?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 12:03 PM PDT

    I'm trying to understand what metrics you use to determine if the chatbot is effective for your business and what type of problem is being solved or not solved.

    Perhaps someone knows of links/resources that I could refer to instead of a 5min chat?

    submitted by /u/reddit_helper2
    [link] [comments]

    How do you fight ingrained stereotypes in yourself in a business environment?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 10:48 AM PDT

    Background : This is a tongue in the cheek post , I have worked in international various negotiating positions for big corporates for the last 25 years. I am based in the EU and have negotiated with India, Chinese, EU, US, SE Asian and African companies.

    I created little bit of a guide book in my own head which I arm myself with and every time my hypothesis proves true my heart sinks a little bit because I do not want to have such a shallow view on humanity and I do not want to believe that people can so easily be defined by their stereotype. The kicker is my stereotype hypothesis has proved about 99,9 percent true. And today I sat in a negotiation with specific persons from a specific cultural background and I had prepped the agenda down to a tee. I even wrote to our team before which questions the other team will make before hand and also what will motivate them in the discussion and if we wanted to achieve our goals then when they do x this is what our reactions should be.

    To give yourself an idea of my imaginary guidebook. Its super cynical and I am ashamed of it but it has really stood me in good stead.

    Negotiating with Americans. (generalized for the sake of humor)

    1. Make sure you have a native English speaker in your team that can understand nuanced legal speak. Even if you think your English is good and you can drop a couple of abbreviations and tech terms know that Americans will eat you up with their mastery of English business speak.
    2. Americans do not care about the spirit of the agreement they care about the letter of the agreement
    3. If you sign a contract with an American corporate you have to make sure that all your loopholes and bases covered because because the day after you signed the agreement they will start looking for loopholes to legally shaft you.
    4. etc etc

    Negotiating with Chinese (generalized for the sake of humor)

    1. Be prepared to be feted in ways that will make your poor farmer's son soul feel guilty about all the excess and decadence even on an upper management level.
    2. There are two phases of negotiations. The dance and then the commitment.
    3. In the dance Chinese will promise you the moon. Nothing is a problem everything is possible the world is your oyster. You will probably meet the families of the negotiators as well.
    4. The commitment is another matter. When they need to start fulfilling on commitments made (after the signed contract) it is a bag of pain.
    5. etc etc etc

    Negotiating with Indians (generalised for the sake of humor)

    1. Make sure you give them space to establish their dominance.
    2. They will start talking about completely unrelated issues and it would be like they are performing on stage to show their prowess.
    3. Cross border mobility is very important to them (ie getting the hell out of India asap) so it is worth having that carrot
    4. Indians talk fast and with confidence even when they have no idea what the level of competence is on the other side of the table. This means that they are very aware of impressing their coworkers even when at times when they are not masters of the topic.
    5. They will always know better than you and if you can keep your ego in check they will sign

    Negotiating with the EU (excluding the british) (generalised for the sake of humor)

    1. Are we negotiating or establishing a life time friendship?
    2. You promise that will not close our European plants like your Press Release says, well thats good enough, you are a person of your word
    3. How's your wife, or can you imagine this weather?
    4. Who needs contracts when your word is your bond. Here have another factory
    5. etc etc

    Negotiating with the British. (generalized for the sake of humor)

    1. So do you want Vice President or senior Vice President on your business card?
    2. That posh accent, you must be SUPER competent at whatever it is that you.
    3. Do you want more booze? First class business tickets to fly no problem!
    4. Yes yes you were an empire once and that you are masters of administration
    5. etc etc

    Negotiating with Africa (generalized for the sake of humor)

    1. I don't know about that don't you think we should have oversight of that part of the budget, I mean its a lot of money and we need to follow the trail.
    2. So this is the vice president of product development, who happens to be your brother. All based on the amounts of Trump uni doctorates. Impressive
    3. So you are sure you don't want your logistical support to implement this factory. Are the manuals really enough?
    4. Respect my title!!!!
    5. etc etc etc

    The most honest people I have ever negotiated with are bar none are the Japanese. Just next level integrity.

    The list goes on on and on. And I am always surprised (which does not happen often) when they veer of script. It makes me sad that I have become such a cynic.

    submitted by /u/EthiczGradient
    [link] [comments]

    Need help finding my friend a name for his media company

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:55 AM PDT

    He's offering $100 if someone can come up with a name for him. He wants it to be simple, and it must follow/be similar to the "____ Media" template. He works wit Real Estate agencies, car dealerships, and small businesses on marketing and advertising.

    If a name that someone leaves on this post ends up picked, I will have my friend give you $30 of my winnings via venmo. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/stupidhumansfightin
    [link] [comments]

    Five Skills to Better Manage Your Day

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 08:34 AM PDT

    I have published a few of my old Business Success articles at Medium. Here is the "friends link" so you can view the article without a membership.

    https://medium.com/@bradtrupp/five-skills-to-better-manage-your-day-e17a8f1d66d?source=friends_link&sk=06f4fb8894d08c504006411a44a016e5

    Taking action to improve your efficiency and productivity should be at the top of your daily To-Do list. Dealing with mountains of tasks, other people and our natural tendencies towards procrastination, slow down your progress considerably each day.

    submitted by /u/brad
    [link] [comments]

    The best virtual bosses possess these surprising traits, according to recent research: « Our key finding is that the importance of ascription and achievement antecedents to leadership emergence varies along the virtuality spectrum. »

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 07:51 AM PDT

    To those who work in a business, what do you think someone in their early twenties should learn?

    Posted: 08 Oct 2020 07:22 AM PDT

    My sister just told me "I wish someone told me to learn excel when I was 20". So I'm thinking that maybe there are more things you think we should learn so we are more prepared for the future.

    Thank you!!!!

    submitted by /u/indelgur
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment