• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 7, 2020

    Accounting We clinched the bronze medal on the psychopath ranking thread

    Accounting We clinched the bronze medal on the psychopath ranking thread


    We clinched the bronze medal on the psychopath ranking thread

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 09:05 PM PDT

    That wasn’t very One EY of you

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 05:15 PM PDT

    Sent from my iPhone

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 06:13 PM PDT

    Leaked email from EY leadership (Posted on Fishbowl) regarding the move to an unlimited PTO policy

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 12:39 PM PDT

    I never would have guessed

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 09:17 PM PDT

    Could be public accounting too!

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 05:19 PM PDT

    A fuck you to COVID

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 06:14 AM PDT

    Post about says it all. Fuck 2020 for bringing this pandemic out. Making it damn near impossible to find a less stressful gig. Another 14 hour day in public, waking up with a migraine, and the thought that there is no single fucking escape. Fuck you COVID for having me go through interviews only to be let down. Fuck you COVID for destroying my mental health. Fuck

    submitted by /u/SwoleTendies
    [link] [comments]

    Someone tell management pls

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 03:31 PM PDT

    EY Vacation/Paid Leave Update for 2021

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 07:31 AM PDT

    EY is switching to a "flexible" vacation policy with no set number based on rank/years of service and increasing paid holidays from 12 days to 19 days. In addition, the July and December breaks will no longer eat up your vacation time, which doesn't really matter since they don't have a set number of days/hours anymore. How do we feel about this?

    submitted by /u/Nice2MemeU
    [link] [comments]

    Never been more proud to be from the UK

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 08:12 AM PDT

    Advice Needed - I've forgotten how to work hard.

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 10:43 AM PDT

    I'm a Senior at a B4 firm, and ever since WFH hit I've been slacking incredibly hard, doing the absolute bare minimum to get by - it feels like 90% of my days have been spent on YouTube, Netflix, Reddit, etc. I only have one client and my managers have other clients that take up more of their time, so I haven't had too much accountability the past several months (except for quarter reviews). I have a staff that produces decent enough work, and a lot of the time I'll just skim it before signing off on it. We got a new manager recently and I'm starting to get hit hard with their comments - it's finally dawning on me that of course I should have been doing way more. I feel like my work ethic was so much better when I was working in the office, and I struggle every day to focus. Any advice to help put me back on the right track would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Zaver4201
    [link] [comments]

    Getting Shamed for Leaving Big4 PA?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 01:12 PM PDT

    I'm about to leave Big4 for industry and am making the call rounds with some of the partners, managing directors, etc. that I work with, and I feel like I am getting hardcore shamed by some of them.

    I told them the reason I'm leaving is bc I am moving out of state to be closer to family (which is true), but the other part of the reason (which I didn't tell them) is that public just SUCKS, in terms of hours, workload, etc.

    The partners and managing directors were all like, well, you coulda just spoke up about moving and you could have just transferred office instead of leaving. Well, by leaving, I now get a relocation package AND get to skip the PA hours. Some also implied how I'm damaging my career or making poor career decisions by leaving PA....

    Overall, once they realized I wasn't staying, they were like "ok, good luck, bye" - some were pretty rude and actually pretty much ended our call immediately. I guess I'm a bit surprised bc some of them were the same partners that I thought were so nice. Well, I guess this is public after all...

    submitted by /u/VitaminCPA
    [link] [comments]

    Hi, I got an interview in tax for pwc and Deloitte. I’m a college student and wanted to see what questions you guys ask potential interns during interviews? :)) thank u

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 10:08 PM PDT

    It’s 2020 - post your salary ranges on the job posting!

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 03:52 PM PDT

    Pop up quiz: what would your journal entry be?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    Former Big4 employees who jumped ship after 1 year

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 07:48 PM PDT

    What role did you end up in? How big $ or % was your salary increased? Do you regret it? Any advice you have about leaving?

    submitted by /u/sneaky-aleks
    [link] [comments]

    Professional scepticism

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 01:56 AM PDT

    Career advice on going back to public?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 06:22 PM PDT

    Pls respond, serious question, I'm not shitposting. Got a last chance in life, got another chance in public and I actually want to stay in public until I die, one day at a time.

    I'm starting soon and I'm feeling nervous. Colleagues that were my seniors are now managers; colleagues that were the same rank as me or lower now outrank me. There will be people younger than me more updated on the field (I haven't done public audit in 3 years). I got stuck in IFRS 15, I don't even know much about IFRS 16. I've forgotten some audit procedures.

    This is what I intend on doing, please correct me if I'm missing something:

    1. Forget about pride, money, promotions, age. Things will come when given the time. Just focus on giving the best of me.
    2. Forget about past friendships and relationships, it has been years, people have changed. Treat anyone with respect, no fooling around like in the past.
    3. Study hard everyday because I've forgotten stuff and I gotta keep myself updated. This includes studying IFRS, IAS and ISA again back from scratch.
    4. SALY whatever the fuck I get stuck with and reverse-engineer it.

    For reference, got 5 years of experience in public, 3 years as senior. Got an additional 4 years of experience in industry, 2 of them in senior positions. I was just very immature early in my career and made lots of mistakes, that's the only thing I have in my favor, I can handle fucking up and doing damage control and turning the tide of bad situations; and I'm no longer cocky now.

    submitted by /u/CoachJohnMcGuirk69
    [link] [comments]

    Wondering what the process would be to become a CPA from being an accounting clerk

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 09:09 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm currently taking an Accounting Clerk course (in Ontario, Canada) and am so far really enjoying it, but long-term I am looking to progress further and to hopefully become a CPA. I'm just wondering what kind of a future I'm looking at. The program I'm in is essentially designed to get you a job right out of schooling, but is there many ways to progress to a CPA without taking time-off of an Accounting Clerk position? I know it requires having a bachelors, but is it a common thing to be obtaining a bachelors and working at the same time? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm honestly kind of new to this, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

    submitted by /u/DeRUINER
    [link] [comments]

    How does one get fired at their last firm for performance and 4 months later get promoted at the new firm?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 10:35 PM PDT

    MNP CPA Articling Student- help!

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 10:34 PM PDT

    Hey guys, just got a few questions if you participated in MNP's CPA Articling Student program. I might do a term with them over the summer, so I was just wondering:

    1. How much did you guys get paid for it (hourly)
    2. How many hours did you work? Were you able to get any days off?
    3. Was the work difficult? What did you do on a regular?

    I'm really nervous about it all because it's like 8 hours away from where I live, so Im just trying to get as much insight as possible, thanks!

    submitted by /u/user7443
    [link] [comments]

    Can interviewers see our yello prerecorded videos ?

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 08:44 PM PDT

    Hi Guys. I did the Yello video thing with EY last week and heard back from them that I will have a live interview with them this Friday. I was wondering if whoever is interviewing me has the access to my yello video? I really don't have that many stories to answer questions like "teamwork experience" or "a time you made a change". Can I recycle my answers from yello for this live interview? Or else I'm really fcked :(

    submitted by /u/mochiweeb07
    [link] [comments]

    Any Hijabis in BIG 4

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 10:15 AM PDT

    I'm interning at a big 4 this coming winter and recently started covering, have any of you seen women with a head covering at any of the big 4 and if yes what location. I'm scared that my opportunities will be limited even though I'm an extremely likable and hard working person.

    submitted by /u/SensitiveExtreme3538
    [link] [comments]

    Allowance for doubtful accounts with no historical info

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 03:29 PM PDT

    My organization has accounts receivable for which it has never reported an allowance for uncollectible accounts. I'm having trouble actually working through how to come up with the allowance in practice. I'd like to use an aging schedule and apply a percentage of uncollectible accounts to each bucket, but not sure how to do so since I don't have reliable historical information on uncollectible accounts. All the explanations on this process really gloss over how these percentages are derived--anyone have an example?

    My organization has had wild swings in billings but is finally catching up in its backlog so I don't think historical information would even been helpful. Are there industry or commonplace standards for each bucket, such as 1% for under 30 days, 3% for 30-60 days, etc.?

    submitted by /u/acctgcv
    [link] [comments]

    How soon can I expect a call.. PWC GTA

    Posted: 06 Oct 2020 11:48 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I had an interview with PWC this Monday for a full time audit position in the GTA. It was only with a partner and not the back to back interviews like I thought it would be.. I thought the conversation went well but not too sure how I answered the questions... feeling a little nervous Does anybody know how soon I can expect any correspondence from them?

    Any feedback would be great :) thanks!

    submitted by /u/diddlydoo-2
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment