• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 1, 2020

    Accounting Still forget the attachment :)

    Accounting Still forget the attachment :)


    Still forget the attachment :)

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 12:38 PM PDT

    Are they talking about the part where Wallace was completely useless and didn't do anything?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 03:51 PM PDT

    Surely this will work

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 04:37 AM PDT

    An underappreciated perk of WFH is being able to shower mid-day...

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 05:42 AM PDT

    And no one can see you cry in the shower

    submitted by /u/katepopo
    [link] [comments]

    I get it and all but.....

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 04:29 PM PDT

    Shoutout to the people who can relate

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 12:11 PM PDT

    I did it. I’m free. Got out of public accounting and back into industry. Just know the grind is worth it. Here’s my success story.

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 09:14 AM PDT

    I can't really celebrate with family and friends so I'll take the upvotes and buy myself a nice Driver and a big bottle of whiskey.

    I started off in the industry as an accountant. Came into audit and did 3 years of work. 2 as a senior. I was denied a bonus my second year as senior (year of covid) so I knew I had to get out.

    The best part is, 6 years ago I was making $11/hr for a grocery store. Did that for 4 years overnights putting myself through college. Just a slew of right decisions and constantly grinding. Got a masters while working as an accountant then jumped into PA to skyrocket my career at the ripe age of 26. Best decision I ever made.

    I accepted an Assistant Controller position after 3 years of 3,200+hrs/year hell. I'm not a B4 alumni. I'm a 2.9 gpa undergrad/3.7 MAcc student. 29 years old and I don't even have a CPA finding myself with a 40% pay increase.

    I struggle seeing the PA employees who can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. Youre in a dark place. But there's a reason for it. The market for accounting management is crazy. I interviewed for tons of places and the competition was fierce. Denial after denial. It takes time.

    The right place will find you and you will find it. I was told by the recruiter I worked with (he was able to get me a few offers, none I accepted) that my interviewing skills were on point and he always had great reviews from employers but there was always someone with a tad more experience or something they needed right now and not after 1-2 years.

    My success is your success in that you know why you're in this. You know the grind will pay off. Just don't get caught trying to make manager if you hate auditing or you hate the firm you're at. I almost committed myself to the firm until they did some shady things to prevent me from a bonus, a raise, and more opportunities outside the firm.

    The realizing point to me was, there's always someone else to take your spot whether you leave on your own accord or they force out.

    Good luck out there.

    Edit: 53% increase in salary!!! Holy hell I can't math.

    Ending salary as senior: $62k New salary as Assistant controller: $95k!!!

    I legit broke down and cried when I got the offer. Can't believe I've made it this far.

    submitted by /u/DoingitFortheMusic
    [link] [comments]

    Need to step away from your work PC? Place your mouse over an analog watch to keep it "active".

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 10:29 AM PDT

    Has anyone else been way more productive during WFH while simultaneously waisting more time than ever?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 01:54 PM PDT

    Every day I feel like I didn't do anything, and was on YouTube/Netflix like 90% of the day but when I look at what I've done it's way more than when I worked in the office.

    submitted by /u/IPROMISETODOIT
    [link] [comments]

    The audacity

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 08:29 PM PDT

    As told by a CFA.

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 11:01 AM PDT

    CNBC International: The accounting oligopoly: What's next for the Big Four?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 06:35 PM PDT

    Daily words of wisdom

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 11:24 AM PDT

    It’s my first week as a government auditor...

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 07:25 AM PDT

    We are basically glorified fact-checkers.

    Pay is decent so can't complain (:

    submitted by /u/FeelTheFuze
    [link] [comments]

    Time to give up ~ @depreciatedmemes

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 12:54 PM PDT

    Real Estate/REIT Tax - A Good Specialty?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 07:40 PM PDT

    I started a new industry job recently in the REIT tax team of a larger tax department. I enjoy my work in general, but I'm wondering if this is a good specialty to be in? Since REITs don't pay tax, it seems like the majority of my work is compliance, and I don't prepare provisions at all. From what my previous seniors/managers have told me before, provision experience is what is most sought after, and I'm just a bit worried that my lack of it will hurt my chances should I choose to leave this job.

    Just wanted to get some opinions from people who have already worked on this type of tax before as to job opportunities, transferability of skills from this group, etc.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/pirinjaspawn
    [link] [comments]

    Do people at Big 4 actually cry or is that just a joke?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 07:53 AM PDT

    I'm Leaving Public

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 01:51 PM PDT

    Finally done with audit. Finally done with busy season(s). No more bullshit about chargeable time. I'll help transition and then enjoy some time off before starting my new job.

    Not a huge leap in comp, about 15%, but with equity on the side. Non public presents its own challenge but I feel good about my role and not having to be in audit.

    Anyone have advice for moving to industry? Any dos/don'ts for my last 2 weeks? Thanks

    submitted by /u/logitechmouse101
    [link] [comments]

    Agree??

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 03:47 PM PDT

    After Marcum requires all staff to return to the office, Marcum employee tests positive for COVID-19

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 07:28 AM PDT

    Auditors

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 05:49 PM PDT

    How often have u found u self drunk at the hotel bar in the middle of no where..... ? A lot right ?

    submitted by /u/paper-bitch
    [link] [comments]

    At Big4 Tax - Are these exit opps for me?

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 08:31 PM PDT

    Looking to go to industry after spending 3 years with federal tax team doing income tax provision work

    During my job search I'm seeing a lot of "Senior Accountant" or "Financial Accountant" roles - are these roles typically filled with people who worked in audit? Should I limit my job searches to just tax (so roles such tax accountant, tax analyst, senior tax accountant) - I'm looking around and theres a lot of jobs out there so just trying to narrow what would work best with my current skillsets

    submitted by /u/isabimbo
    [link] [comments]

    It's a SBA loan... the word loan = there will be interest payments.

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 11:27 AM PDT

    My client took out an SBA loan (against my advisement), and now he made his first payment and I get an email titled: "They charged me interest!".

    I stared at my screen a bit dumbfounded thinking, "I told you that it was loan and interest will be due. Also... what part of SBA LOAN was vague and what section of the agreement did you sign that said that there won't be interest due?"

    *face palm*

    submitted by /u/judahbenk
    [link] [comments]

    Enrolled Agents (EA)

    Posted: 01 Oct 2020 09:48 PM PDT

    I was thinking of getting my EA while I'm working on my CPA. It'll probably only take me four months to pass it, and I find the material useful. Should I just get it? Do you have EAs working in your office? What do you think? It'll take me forever to study the CPA exam since it's been decades since I've cracked open a textbook. So much has changed. (Yes, I'm old.) Another option is for me to specialize in small online companies where I'd do their bookkeeping, personal taxes, and corporate returns. I'd appreciate all your opinions and share some of your experiences.

    submitted by /u/thouartmorelovely
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment