• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 30, 2020

    Paypal is just, absolutely garbage. small business

    Paypal is just, absolutely garbage. small business


    Paypal is just, absolutely garbage.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 07:47 PM PDT

    So I recently made my first few sales with my new business. When I started up I made a new PayPal account for easy checkout on my website.

    A handful of customers used it. So when shipping, I gave paypal the USPS tracking numbers for each transaction and all that. Fast forward to 2 weeks after they have been marked as delivered, and paypal is still holding my money.

    I contact them, and 3 different paypal reps confirm that they have been delivered and say "we will try to release these funds asap". What?

    Now the fourth rep I'm talking to, after ANOTHER week of my money still inaccessible to me, tells me my packages delivered address does not match the customers provided delivery address. (Which is wrong, I've checked all of the addresses many times.)

    So now, I am expected to contact the customers and ask THEM to contact paypal and tell them that they got their packages, or paypal will continue holding my money ransom. Despite being extremely uncomfortable with the whole thing, I've tried emailing the handful of them but none respond. So I'm just shit out of luck.

    This honestly is such a let down, I wanted to be excited about my first few sales but I basically just gave out my product for free. Needless to say, I've removed paypal as a payment option.

    Edit: To clarify as I didn't explain the timeline clearly, the new PayPal has been verified for almost 5 months, I started it when I first registered my business. Also, paypal states themselves that if you provide tracking, money will be released within one day over delivery. Tracking has been provided, and these packages have been delivered for 3 weeks.

    submitted by /u/6soul
    [link] [comments]

    My dad's ( a small business owner) lifelong best friend was just told us he has 2 months to live.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 12:54 PM PDT

    My question is what is the best way to support my dad through this? What would you as a small business owner want in this situation? What little things can someone else do to give you more free time or take some pressure off? I'd like to free up his time as much as possible so that they can spend time together and take as much pressure off so he can process this.

    submitted by /u/scootitnbootit
    [link] [comments]

    Do you follow your competitors?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 01:39 AM PDT

    After working with a few clients for marketing services, I've noticed that sometimes business owners are too consumed with their competitors and follow their moves every day.

    Now, I don't think you should completely ignore your competitors, but rather you should be aware of what they're up to.

    I started working on a software to automate this process and send weekly reports highlighting the competition's important social media posts and website changes.

    How often are you checking in on your competitors and what information is most important to you?

    submitted by /u/athecan
    [link] [comments]

    How to deal with bad reviews on ubereats etc?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 01:35 AM PDT

    Since covid i had to close the sit in and only do take away/delivery. For this im using ubereats and another local delivery site.

    On average i was at 5 stars at both sites for a while but then dipped to 4,5 stars. Eventually today after another 3 star i dipped to 4,4 stars on ubereats.

    I can write 1 message to the review but they cant reply to me. So i then asked for a feedback of what they disliked with my e-mail. Also no success.

    Now im thinking of making a feedback form on my site which perhaps helps. Overall they just give a review but never what they disliked so i cant improve on that.

    How should i be dealing with this? Also i have a lot of returning customers but they never seem to rate us. Anything we can do about that?

    submitted by /u/Snoo77901
    [link] [comments]

    Quick Small Business Support Survey- For Class Project

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 05:16 AM PDT

    Hi everyone! My Marketing Research class has been tasked with distributing this small business survey. I really appreciate anyone taking the time to fill it out! It should only take 5-10 minutes and is mobile friendly. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/chloedoedoe
    [link] [comments]

    10 Reasons Why a Mobile App Is a Necessity for Any Business (Especially a Small One)

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 04:57 AM PDT

    Have you ever asked yourself a question, why to create an app for your business?

    If yes, this article) is a must-read. Again, if your business does not have an app and is doing well (at least so you think), this article is your must-read too.

    submitted by /u/Celadon_soft
    [link] [comments]

    Packaging

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 02:47 PM PDT

    I am the point where I am ready to package goods for people to bake goods at home. I need help with the packaging. Do people prefer packaging where they they can see the product? Or is not being able to see what's inside the package okay as long as the packaging is visually appealling. I've inserted an example

    submitted by /u/Hedone1
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone interested in letting me build a social media motion graphic for your business? I will do it for free, I just want to build my portfolio

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 04:14 AM PDT

    I'm working on making ads for businesses and would like to get more practice. I am focusing on eye catching motion graphics that will hopefully drive engagement and convert depending on objectives.
    If you you send me a PM we can go from there. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/theguyfromthing
    [link] [comments]

    Should landlord help retrofit office space to make it more ready for return-to-work?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 09:59 PM PDT

    Our office is in a cool converted old warehouse - pretty nice space. Haven't been there in 6 months but thankfully still solvent and paying rent.

    The space is not very well configured to comply with distancing requirements - although some minor modifications could make it much better. The ventilation system is also lacking.

    Anyone know what obligations the landlords might have to make the office space compliant with current standards? I'd rather not do a bunch of tenant improvements on my own dime.

    Location: CA

    submitted by /u/SHatcheroo
    [link] [comments]

    Project detail

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 03:44 AM PDT

    Strong Project headed by a strong and well experienced smart team who are devoted to make a very future for the company possible. Https://Swaphub.finance

    submitted by /u/Kohatiiboy
    [link] [comments]

    Someone wants to dropship from me. Downsides?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 03:41 AM PDT

    Someone wants to dropship my products, would anyone know the downsides and common terms such as who deals with customer service, shipping enquiries, who covers lost items and commission payouts etc? To be honest I don't really want to, as I'm proud of my brand image and this guys English and grammar are pretty bad, despite being a native English speaker. I can tell he knows very little about business.

    submitted by /u/yb0t
    [link] [comments]

    Best online entrepreneur community in China?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 03:11 AM PDT

    Hey,

    Just wondering, what are the best online entrepreneur community that you are using while being in China? (Facebook group, and other)

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/romain130492
    [link] [comments]

    When is the best time of the year to transition from an SSN to an EIN?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 03:03 AM PDT

    I've been in business 5 years and now that I'm comfortable that I'm here to stay, I want to move over to an EIN before I transition to an LLC.

    Is there a best time of the year tax wise to stop using the SSN and move to the EIN? Would like to make it as clean as possible so I don't have IRS issues. My fiscal year starts Jan 1.

    I will need to notify my state, bank, and IRS...is there any other common entity that needs updated as well that I'm missing? I should have started the business with this number...

    submitted by /u/tcpip4lyfe
    [link] [comments]

    Ideas for a small business

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 02:10 AM PDT

    Hope everyone is doing well, I have been pondering starting an online business for a while now and I did start a music licensing side hustle which has made me a little bit of money. I still feel really stuck for ideas even though it is a skillset I grew over three years and people are paying for it. I feel mentally stuck and wondering what other things I can do. Where did you get your ideas from and is it your full time job?

    submitted by /u/throwaway-ac-5700
    [link] [comments]

    Started a business, it's growing faster than I expected, kind of lost when it comes to accounting and wondering where to start?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 03:33 PM PDT

    I started a business doing woodworking and some metal fabrication. It's all furniture. I did not expect to get a steady stream of clients but I've got a ton of commissions which is great but I'm kind of in over my head. In terms of accounting and taxes I don't know much. I'm thinking of hiring a CPA but I also want to learn this stuff. So my question is, where's a good place to start? Should I buy QuickBooks and just nosedive? Also, is hiring a CPA a good move or is this something I should be doing on my own? I'm sure there're relevant details I've left out because I don't know they're relevant so feel free to ask about things I might have left out.

    submitted by /u/frozen_coyote
    [link] [comments]

    Receiving Online Orders

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 02:00 AM PDT

    Hello Business Owners!

    I am wondering what everyone uses to receive online orders?

    Do you build and host your own webpage? Do you use one of the many website builders out there? Or do you use something like Etsy?

    As always any advice or guidance is much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/thadude400
    [link] [comments]

    Best payment processor?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 10:13 PM PDT

    I've read a recent post about PayPal not releasing OP's money for no reason. I also wanted to integrate PayPal to my website but now I'm wondering what payment processor are you guys using? I want to accept the most types of debit and credit cards worldwide, and recurring subscription type payment is a must. Bonus question: do you handle the invoicing separately or the used service also generates it for you?

    submitted by /u/mexi6
    [link] [comments]

    About to start an online business, but another website has the same name.

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 05:55 PM PDT

    I've been building a website for about a year now, and am nearly ready to launch. Unfortunately, I've come to realise that the domain name of my website (.com.au) is the same as an already existing website (but as .com).

    So my website is example.com.au, and another person's existing website is example.com

    At the end of the other person's website, it says: © Example LLC 2004-2020 All Rights Reserved ®

    Am I going to run into issues by having the same name, but with a .com.au domain, and different styling? I can change my name if I absolutely have to, but would prefer not to if it's not necessary.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'd hate to run into any legal issues.

    submitted by /u/Kaffih
    [link] [comments]

    how to start a specialty animal treat business

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 01:18 AM PDT

    I've looked up several articles and tried to find my state laws, but I just don't even know where to start. I want to start a business selling homemade hamster treats and houses. What do I need to do to do this legally? I'm in the USA, Washington state. I want to have an online shop, and sell to all the states at least to start out.

    Edit: to clarify I want an Etsy shop not an entire website

    submitted by /u/waffleironbitch
    [link] [comments]

    Accounting Qn on unpaid capital recognition on the BS

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 12:55 AM PDT

    Not sure if this is the right sub, but r/Accounting is focused on jobs. Any mgmt accounting advice gratefully accepted.

    Just joined a start up that has 4 locations globally and looking over the books I noticed a Balance Sheet line item that is for the unpaid capital in one of the subsidiaries. Namely in that subsidiary's country, there is a paid in capital requirement though we have 20 years to pay it all in. So the parent recognizes the unpaid part as a Long term asset

    The account tells me this is correct but just doesn't sound right to me...

    submitted by /u/GreenAustralia
    [link] [comments]

    help

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 08:39 PM PDT

    hello ! im starting an online business im confused about what type of License/permit I apply for. I went online on the ca.gov but im still unsure . im buying wholesale and rebranding it took a whole month to find the perfect vendor with good quality and now I feel stuck . any info on starting an online business would be really helpful ! I been doing research and watching YouTube videos but want in site from someone who actually knows .im working on the website now I don't want to wait last-minute to get the license or permit I need. I live in California, Los Angeles .thank you .

    submitted by /u/Pumpkinbunny7
    [link] [comments]

    Just started a new business

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 12:04 AM PDT

    I just started a a new business with sex toys particularly dealing with used cock pumps. I have had a lot of great response at trade shows but now taking it online with the domain usedcockpumps.com. the site will be live soon! any tips here?

    submitted by /u/twatkins4
    [link] [comments]

    Any marketing guru/company interested in partnership with graphic-design start-up?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 11:48 PM PDT

    The company can make visual designs in:

    + App design

    + Albums

    + Characters

    + Postcard - invitation

    + Car decoration

    + Banner

    + Office brand

    + Blog design

    + Brochures

    + Song albums

    + Document

    + El. letter design

    + El. signature

    + Event and conference spaces

    + Blanks

    + Branding tools development

    + Icons

    + Illustrations

    + Company attributes

    + Infographics

    + Signboard

    + Calendar

    + Annual deliveries

    + Catalogue

    + Cafes and layout menus

    + Hats

    + Book covers

    + commercial offers

    + Comics

    + Cards

    + Wire picture design

    + Newspaper advertising design

    + Letters

    + Leaflets

    + Outdoor advertising

    + Sticker

    + Logo update

    + Logo redrawing

    + Loyalty cards

    + The bag

    + Layout

    + T-shirts

    + Newsletter design

    + Photo retouching

    + Packaging layout

    + Sales promotion visuals

    + Shop window decoration

    + Exhibition stands

    + Poster

    + Presentation

    + Cups

    + Reception design

    + Advertising panel

    + Resume / CV

    + Roll-up layout

    + Wall murals

    + SK flyer

    + Social networks

    + Press layouts

    + Print advertising

    + Souvenirs

    + Website element creation

    + Technical illustrations

    + Ballpoint pens

    + Vector files

    + Vignette

    + Business card

    + Word template creation

    + Magazine covers.

    submitted by /u/triusis1379
    [link] [comments]

    Are currency gains/losses unavoidable?

    Posted: 29 Sep 2020 11:34 PM PDT

    Are foreign currency gains/losses unavoidable?

    Im a US LLC so my home-currency is USD. If I have foreign-currency activity without converting to USD will I always have gains/losses? Let me explain:

    Say I have a GST liability account (CAD). I make a sale in Feb and collect $1000 GST. The CAD/USD exchange is 0.80 so my balance sheet will show a GST liability of $800 USD. On Apr I remit this $1000 GST to the CRA, but the CAD/USD exchange is now 0.70 so my GST liability is now $100 USD. I'd have to DR GST liability $100 & CR curreny gain $100 and pay tax on it.

    In this scenario, I recieved and remitted $1000 CAD to the CRA. I am being taxed on a gain I never realized. Is this simply unavoidable for transacting in foreign currency?

    submitted by /u/SirWilfred
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment