• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 30, 2020

    Accounting When the auditors ask to see the balance sheet

    Accounting When the auditors ask to see the balance sheet


    When the auditors ask to see the balance sheet

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 01:12 PM PDT

    I hate LinkedIn.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 07:32 AM PDT

    Me, an intern, when asked to do anything of value and failing

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 07:44 AM PDT

    Updating spreadsheets in my PJs while the world falls apart around me ~ @depreciatedmemes

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 10:54 AM PDT

    Staying past 3 years in public is worse for your career if your end goal is a career in corporate.

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 01:19 PM PDT

    I'm now 6 years deep into big 4 currently a TAS manager. I've always known that I wanted a corporate role but stayed until I had one year manager so I could easily get those manager roles. Let me say that 6 years of public is actually hurting my application. I've been turned down from multiple corporate manager level roles where they literally said that they preferred to hire someone with a mix of public and private. I'm sure I'll find a role eventually, but this is a trend a few of my buddies have experienced as well. Companies are catching on and understand that the best candidates for a manager level role is someone with a mix of public and private experience.

    We are always told that the longer you stay in public the better it is for your career and exit opportunities. That companies will be breaking down doors begging you to go work for them. This is not true at all. Maybe 10 years ago this was fine, but the new generation of employers and companies know that public is BS and would prefer someone who has a mix or just full on private experience only.

    My advice is leave after 2 - 3 years for a corporate role. You will also make more money and work better hours than those like me who stayed in big 4 for 6 years.

    submitted by /u/MarvelMan4IronMan
    [link] [comments]

    Get that sweet referral cash

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 01:03 PM PDT

    Kpmg Bay Area salary cuts

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 03:19 PM PDT

    I heard there was a call for Bay Area audit staff and senior staff where they announced salary cuts. What's going on? Asking for a friend

    submitted by /u/Completenaccurate
    [link] [comments]

    Why are my seniors consistently online till 7PM, 8PM, or later each day? How does the job change once you become a senior, to require those longer hours? (B4)

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 07:54 PM PDT

    As a staff, I can't imagine how my job would require those hours during non-busy season. But I consistently see my seniors online and working at those times. Why are they on so late, and what are they working on?

    submitted by /u/gentlesir123
    [link] [comments]

    Lost your job recently? Looking for a new challenge? Don't mind moving down to DC and working for Uncle Sam? Made it to at least senior in Big 4? My agency is hiring. Role closes on 10/5!

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 10:28 AM PDT

    My agency (Department of the Treasury OIG) is on a hiring binge (I was hired recently here from a different federal agency) and is currently hiring 5 GS-13 level auditors (think audit senior) to tackle mandates and performance audits around the CARES Act (and any future stimulus that is passed that might involve Treasury). The starting salary for this role is $102,663. You can see the role here:

    https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/579309700

    Everyone is starting virtually in COVID times (you will need to come into DC to pick up your laptop and badge) but I know people who have started who aren't living in DC yet. I estimate that the agency will not be coming into the office for at least another year. We have a nice office by McPherson Square in DC, steps away from the White House and various other attractions.

    Positions are direct-hire, so the usual veteran's preference do not apply. We've had a few ex-Big 4 people start recently too.

    What are the benefits of working for the federal government? You get 13 days of vacation a year to start, 5% match on the TSP (government 401K), a great selection of health insurance plans, and a pension called FERS (Federal Employees Retirement System). You can see this and more on the USA.gov website:

    https://www.usa.gov/benefits-for-federal-employees

    submitted by /u/beefcake_123
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth staying in big 4 if you're in tax?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 08:23 PM PDT

    I always hear that you should leave the big 4 after 2-4 years... if you're in audit. Does this apply to tax too?

    submitted by /u/crypromaniac
    [link] [comments]

    When you're explaining to your manager why the project came in way over budget

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 08:02 PM PDT

    Every audit committee meeting you walk out of with the audit "substantially complete" and noting "no disagreements with management"

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 07:24 AM PDT

    KPMG Canada has 9 pages of "just posted" positions on indeed.com

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 09:06 AM PDT

    Most are services related, some tech. What's their play here?

    submitted by /u/GlutenWhisperer
    [link] [comments]

    What’s your hobby?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 11:08 AM PDT

    I'm a very active person so I love working out, hiking, mountain biking, skiing, anything outdoors!

    Just curious of what everyone's hobby is.

    submitted by /u/wearhermun4
    [link] [comments]

    Moss Adams requiring employees to take PTO this December, whether they want to or not

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 05:03 PM PDT

    EY 1st Round Yello Interview

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 05:12 PM PDT

    Hey everyone! Was wondering if anyone heard back yet from EY (California area) after they submitted their virtual interview ?? My deadline was this past Sunday 9/27 and I submitted mine on Saturday for the Audit & Assurance full time position. I know it's still early but just wanna know if anyone heard anything back yet! Or if you know how long it typically takes for them to email you about the 2nd round interview.

    Thanks !!

    submitted by /u/assuranceWOOP
    [link] [comments]

    Resume tips and suggestions appreciated ����

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 08:56 PM PDT

    Moss Adams First Interview

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 08:50 PM PDT

    Hi everyone. I have a first round interview with moss Adams soon. I've been practicing behavioral questions. Do these first round of interviews usually involve a lot of behavioral questions or is it more of a "get to know me better" type of thing? Any advice is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/yeeyee328
    [link] [comments]

    should I start applying for 2022 internships

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 08:41 PM PDT

    Junior this year. Been actively applying to winter and summer 2021 internships but haven't heard back from any..feeling discouraged and honestly don't think I'll be able to get any interview offers.

    submitted by /u/bananayougurt
    [link] [comments]

    Wanted: Accounting Joke for class assignment

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 03:03 PM PDT

    I've been asked by a professor to include a joke within my excel assignment before I turn it in on Friday. For context, we built out pricing models for insurance premiums where the professor inputs the number of policies to be written, and the tolerance of standard deviations from the mean expected loss on claims and it spits out the premium with some graphics regarding distribution and risk.

    He specifically asked to insert an accounting joke into the excel.

    submitted by /u/rainEcraft
    [link] [comments]

    Happy 9/30!

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 06:50 AM PDT

    For all you 9/30 year end auditors out there, may your next few weeks be full of dread and anxiety 😎

    submitted by /u/_Cyantor_
    [link] [comments]

    [CAN] I am seeking a CPA mentor

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 05:21 PM PDT

    I am seeking a Canadian CPA mentor while I work through the CPA experience verification route. Are there any Canadian CPAs here that would be interested in being my mentor? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/tomfromcalgary
    [link] [comments]

    Am I doomed?

    Posted: 30 Sep 2020 07:45 PM PDT

    Not looking for a pity party, looking for people who found themselves in similar situations and succeeded.

    Currently getting a Masters in accounting at a top-ranked target school. Half a semester in and I'm doing pretty mediocrely. In danger of not passing some of my classes (<C, not necessarily Fs).

    A lot of firms require a >3.0 GPA. What if I can't make this mark? Are there still options available to me? I seem to get the general concepts in my core courses (tax, partnerships, etc.), it just doesn't seem to reflect in my exam grades. How important is it that I have an expert knowledge on the subject matter when starting a first job?

    On a positive note, I still enjoy the material so I'm not thinking about giving up. Just want to prepare myself for the doomsday/worst-case scenario.

    submitted by /u/burnerbbyburn
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment