• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 29, 2020

    Accounting Accounting recruitment in a nutshell

    Accounting Accounting recruitment in a nutshell


    Accounting recruitment in a nutshell

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 12:57 PM PDT

    Why is it taking so long?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 05:47 AM PDT

    It Really Do be Like that

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    What is the optimal career path if I want to maximize my lifetime Runescape hours?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 01:44 PM PDT

    I'm a senior graduating in December, and all that really concerns me in finding a job is finding a path that maximizes the amount of time I can play Runescape. I'm not too concerned about making six-figures and buying a house, or making partner, I just want to play Runescape and have easy work. Any tips?

    submitted by /u/Accrual_player
    [link] [comments]

    Life on an Auditor��

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 10:38 AM PDT

    It never ends.

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 07:26 PM PDT

    This Sub

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    Got an offer from PwC but rejected from BDO twice and GT?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 08:30 PM PDT

    How does this work? I mean I'm grateful lol but im confused as hell

    submitted by /u/GoGators00
    [link] [comments]

    Accounting carrer path rant

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 04:47 PM PDT

    I know I've seen similar posts to this on this sub, but I still can't seem to find a solution.

    I've been out of college for 3 years, worked in private and public, and didn't like either one. I didn't like the culture in public or the insane hours, and private just seemed so boring. I like numbers and business and stuff, but I can't imagine me doing this for another 40 years (I'm 27)

    I wouldn't mind going back to school, but I have no idea what I'd want to go for. I applied for a job I felt like I'd love in government but I don't have the best feeling about getting it. I just feel like I have so much invested in this carrer between my bachelor's and CPA that I would have to admit I wasted that time to get my CPA if I go to a field that doesn't need it. Lately I've been looking at law enforcement, but all the jobs that are accounting related and federal and very hard to get. Maybe part of it is that I'm sick of having the desk job, staring at a computer for 10 hours a day. Idk.

    It's not that I hate accounting or anything, I just don't love it. I got married recently and my wife is a elementary school teacher that LOVES her job, and that's what I want. I want something I love, and not just tolerate. But I don't even know what that would be. I guess I don't know the point of this post, just kinda venting.

    submitted by /u/Fishtale1
    [link] [comments]

    CPA firms' hiring of accounting grads down 30%

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 11:08 AM PDT

    Feedback on Resume and Cover Letter

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 08:33 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I'm starting to apply to Big4 firms for audit / tax and a couple other firms and I was wondering if you guys could review my resume and cover letter.

    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated and do not hold back.

    Thank you!

    Resume: https://docdro.id/HOKeZW3

    Cover Letter: https://docdro.id/y3K3CSq

    submitted by /u/aspiringcpa12345
    [link] [comments]

    Difference between BS Business admin - Accounting vs BS accounting

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 01:07 PM PDT

    I've got about a year until I'm out of my current job and hopefully going back to school. I'm looking for accounting programs but I'm finding there is both Business admin with emph. On accounting and there's just Accounting programs (no Business admin). Is there any difference between these two types? Which is better?

    submitted by /u/imgonnaplaywithurdog
    [link] [comments]

    Are operating expenses such as rent included in the income statement, the statement of cash flow, or both?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 07:40 PM PDT

    I'm taking an accounting class and I'm having a hard time understanding this concept.

    Are operating expenses such as equipment, rent, and salaries included as an expense in the income statement or are they included in the statement of cash flow as an operating activity? Are they included in both?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/SirWoop
    [link] [comments]

    Fixed Asset Mishap

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 06:45 PM PDT

    I started at a new company last year and told my boss that I never did fixes assets before when I was hired. Shortly after I started I took over fixed assets. I was playing around in the system and noticed that some printer assets from prior years were all setup differently. It bothered me and I went in and changed them to be more consistent. I immediately realized that when I did this, it changed all the useful lives of the assets. I felt so stupid for having made that mistake and went in and changed them back. Although apparently I missed one and didn't notice it until after the year was closed. The asset was of value of 2375 and it was setup with 10 years and I accidentally changed it to 5. I should have left it alone in 2020 since the prior year was closed and the auditors must have not noticed my mistake last year. Then this year to rectify my mistake, I changed it back to 10 which I realize now just made the whole situation worse.

    At this point, I'm not sure what to do. My boss has said to not make changes without his knowledge and to not touch prior year assets. I think that at this point, I should just change the asset's useful life back to 5 without telling my boss since the first mistake was an accident and we already expensed out more in 2019. Is this the best way to proceed? Is this something to really stress over?

    submitted by /u/Busy_Summer_1324
    [link] [comments]

    CPA... now what’s next?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 06:16 PM PDT

    You've worked as a CPA.. what's your long term goal in the business?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/jomag20
    [link] [comments]

    [CAN] Does anyone have experience with the CPA Rotation Programs?

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 04:00 PM PDT

    Looking to apply, but I'm curious about how the career advancement prospects are when compared to senior B4 staff with a CPA.

    If I want to go to the states in the future, will be hindering myself by not going with B4 and instead going with Nationally known brands?

    submitted by /u/godstriker8
    [link] [comments]

    Job Market in Toronto and the GTA

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 01:49 PM PDT

    In first year and interested in accounting. Post-grad, how easy is it to find a job and is the market saturated? Especially if you go to a non-target (Laurier)?

    submitted by /u/eu4riaz
    [link] [comments]

    PERT Experience Verification

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 05:29 PM PDT

    Has anyone been able to gain practical experience with an investment banking job for their CPA?

    submitted by /u/RealOpposite
    [link] [comments]

    Big 4 Culture in LA

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 12:29 PM PDT

    Hi all. I was wondering if there were any differences between the Big 4 offices in LA in terms of culture, promotion, and management? I know there was a post a few years back about this but I was looking to find more recent impressions based on experience.

    Also, I'm also interested in what working in downtown was like and going to clients (distance from office, city culture). in this time, it seems like DTLA has turned into a ghost town so some aspects will definitely be changed. thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/joswxyzot
    [link] [comments]

    Critique my intern/ co-op resume

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 08:55 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment