• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 6, 2020

    If anyone reads this, i could do with some help small business

    If anyone reads this, i could do with some help small business


    If anyone reads this, i could do with some help

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 03:47 AM PDT

    I need help, redditers Hi, im a long time lurker but finally accepted that i need some help. I started my fashion boutique back in January then COVID hit and the Uk went into lockdown in early march, i feel like it ripped my business to shreds.

    I am absolutely devastated to see my dream that i had been planning for 8 years fall at the first hurdle but i truly dont know what to do, admittedly i have been burying my head in the sand unsure what to do (which was the worst thing to do).

    Its hard to keep up with my more established competitors because i dont have as many product photos, not as much money and its just me managing the business.

    Im really not to sure what else to put so im happy to answer questions in the comments but any and all advice is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/SnakeeyeszxA
    [link] [comments]

    Saved family business, wanna share this joy!

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 11:34 AM PDT

    Long story short:

    Parents own your typical brick-and-mortar, service-based storefront. Was financially struggling for quite sometime and was on the verge of collapsing altogether, due to not evolving along with the world and adopting to digital ways of business

    Me, a former finance professional picked up and learned everything I could about digital marketing and digital leverages in hopes of saving the business.

    The milestones:

    1. Website creation/design - sourced developers to create user-friendly and captivating website/landing pages.

    2. Incorporated automation and systems into the business - online point of sales, self-scheduling, self-checkout system, and unique egift-card system.

    3. Started digital marketing campaigns: Google Ads, Facebook, Instagram, and Waze

    After 60 days:

    • +110% monthly revenue
    • consistently booked out 2 months out

    Me aftermath:

    Discovered I loved doing marketing so much more than finance, so:

    I'm in the process of leveraging myself into an marketing managerial position with the experience I gathered and the results produced from this endeavor.

    Wish me luck, friends!

    Moral of the story

    Business completely revived from brink of dying; from consistently letting staffs go to hiring new ones to meet the explosion of demands and traffic.

    Unexpectedly, I went from working an passionless job in Finance to producing monumental digital marketing results that sets me up for an exciting career path.

    It's mind-blowing how fast and sharp your fate can change, when you dig deep and laser-focus on the light at the end of the tunnel.

    I know times aren't looking good and most of you are struggling to keep your business open —

    the road ahead looks dark and you can't help but feel drained and exhausted, I know the feeling, I've been there —

    but there's always a way out of the dark tunnel as long as you keep digging and strive for that one glimpse of light

    Good luck friends

    edit

    Somebody asked what materials/resources I used to learn digital marketing:

    Spoiler: I didn't spend a single dime for knowledge/information about digital marketing.

    I learned everything from:

    1. Google - everytime I didn't know something I would spend hours upon hours googling. Forming questions in different ways until I found what I needed

    2. Articles/forums/posts/comments - I skimmed through thousand upon thousands of marketing related reddit posts/ comments (comments sometimes offers good info).

    3. Forming my own strategies/tactics - I went back to the relevant but "raw" ideas I gathered from different places, and expanded on them with my own ideas.

    I mean like REALLY expanded on them. I would have intense brainstorm sessions where I locked myself in my room and verbally bounce these "raw" ideas to myself OUT-LOUD (sounds crazy, I know), and imagined all the different scenarios I could execute with them and really let me creativity flow

    I find that taking "raw" ideas from a foreign source to be almost impossible to use and execute upon. So, I must first convert these potentially useful "raw" ideas to my ideas that I take complete ownership, through this pretty intense process. It's a bit nuts, but this is my way of synthesizing raw information with my own, and ultimately creating actionable ideas - that I own.

    submitted by /u/thedevious-designer
    [link] [comments]

    Quarterly Taxes

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 05:29 AM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    Last year, I did freelance web design work and only made around $3k for the whole year. This year, I started a single member LLC. The pandemic came, and business never really picked up. I've made less than $1k so far.

    I was approved for Arkansas PUA unemployment and am bringing in around $2,800 per month. I chose to have 10% withheld for taxes, but I've yet to receive confirmation that they are actually doing this.

    So, how will this affect my quarterly tax payments? Do I have to make them since I am having taxes withheld from unemployment?

    submitted by /u/jeremy_92
    [link] [comments]

    We all know the public policy challenges we're facing. What we need is legislation by the people, for the people. Check out to Turq.io, a platform where citizens can write legislation for one another.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 05:23 AM PDT

    https://turq.io/

    Any and all feedback is welcome (encouraged) in the comments!

    submitted by /u/rtimwallis
    [link] [comments]

    Small businesses that have created their own ERC20 tokens, how have the tokens helped you?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 02:15 AM PDT

    If as a small business you have your own ERC20 token, could you share how the token has benefited your business? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Breezler
    [link] [comments]

    Free or Low-Cost Payroll Service

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 05:23 PM PDT

    Can anyone suggest any good free or low-cost payroll services?

    I have two businesses in Ontario, Canada with a total of 11 employees. Looking to speed up, automate, and simplify the payroll process with direct deposit to employee accounts and automatic deductions. I've researched a bit and have found these five suggested:

    1. Wagepoint
    2. Quickbooks
    3. Simplepay
    4. Wave Accounting
    5. Payment Evolution
    submitted by /u/middlemergs
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone wants to setup Their business Website?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 12:08 AM PDT

    I can guide you to setup or make a website for you're business if you wish to

    submitted by /u/sunilsush
    [link] [comments]

    Can I get help?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 07:23 PM PDT

    I own a small business, employees: 1, plus me. How can I get people to buy more from me? We sell jewelry (silver mostly) and our target market are people who can't afford much, let alone expensive jewelry. I don't live near my target market so what do I do to sell more?

    submitted by /u/RodCoShop
    [link] [comments]

    How outspoken is a small business expected to be?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 02:25 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I co-own a local cafe in the Pacific Northwest. As you can guess, our cafe is in an area that is active in social issues and there is great support for the BLM movement and current protests.

    Our cafe has about 15k followers on FB and Instagram. Normally, we post pictures of our cafe and cute latte art - nothing so special, mostly lighthearted. We've been posting daily since we are ramping up to a limited reopening.

    Today, on one of our generic posts, someone (let's call them X for reference) commented "Y'all really got nothing to say about black lives matter and what's been going on in YOUR neighborhood???"

    My co-owner and I do, in fact, support the BLM movement. And we have both participated in the discourse and protest in our own ways. But even on our personal social media accounts, we have not posted or commented much about it because we simply aren't so publicly outspoken people.

    It's really disheartening that X has made such a charged (and insinuating) comment on our cafe's post. We are listening to the black community and, as non-black people, are educating ourselves on the issues. But is it completely expected for us to write a huge post on our business's social media about it? Do you agree with X that we absolutely must make a public statement?

    Earlier today, I saw a post on social media saying that everyone is processing these events in a different way, and that some people are listening and learning rather than outwardly speaking up. Is it a fair point, and would it be callous to respond to X with this sentiment? What do you all think?

    submitted by /u/meowPNW
    [link] [comments]

    Real estate purchase vs rental

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 06:28 PM PDT

    Hello team, small scale home service business here.

    A small (1500 sq/ft) warehouse/office space facility is currently building out/being sold pre-construction. Units are for sale in the $120k range white boxed and relativley finished.

    My business is currently renting 2 storage units @ approx $500/month.

    Personally I have the cash to purchase one of the units, and would have the business pay market rent of $1000.

    My business can afford the "rent."

    I've done what due diligence I can think of regarding taxes/insurance and expenses.

    This seems like an easy 6-7% rate of return, and I know the tennant (my own small business) will pay the rent.

    What else am I missing? Should I proceed or continue renting out the 2 storage units.

    Thanks!!!

    submitted by /u/servicemaster23
    [link] [comments]

    Mortgage Underwriter Asking About "Current Climate"

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 04:13 PM PDT

    Has any other small biz owner applied for a mortgage or refi recently and got asked "how has the current situation (covid) has affected your business?" I have never been asked about that even going back to borrowing during financial crises. But I suppose it's a reasonable question these days?

    submitted by /u/icecoldcoffeetakes
    [link] [comments]

    Cost and earnings of working on mobile auto detailing business

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 09:55 PM PDT

    Hi redditors, I was thinking of starting single person mobile detailing business in Ireland but before I decide if that would be a good idea I was thinking to ask if someone here has experience on similar kind of business , what mainly would want to know what are expenses on taxes, licences, insurance, accounting and so on. For equipment I already know pretty much everything cause I was working on similar kinda job before.

    submitted by /u/Ramos19985
    [link] [comments]

    I want to be part of a team

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 03:57 PM PDT

    Hey r/smallbusiness!

    You guys have always offered such great advice, and I thought you might be able to help me.

    I own a small music teaching company. I earn about $4k/month for myself after taxes and expenses. I bought the company from the founder and had about 5 people on staff (but each working about 1-2 hours/week). Over time each of them have moved on, and I chose not to replace them because I either disagreed with their position in the first place (photographer on retainer) or automated their jobs anyway (scheduling).

    The sky is the limit with my type of teaching business. Marketing and hiring have been perfected, and all I have to do is spend 1-2 hours a day working and I could build this thing up by quite a lot. Right now I spend less than 15 minutes/day (before Covid as well).

    And yet, I have frozen.

    I put a LOT of work into it in order to get to that coveted 4-hour work week, and yet now that I am here I am totally lost and without purpose. I have been here since January 2019.

    Nobody needs me, or even wants to talk with me because they are all too busy with other stuff (teachers are all part time and 1099).

    I also have diagnosed ADD, and feel that having someone holding me accountable is very helpful.

    Therefore, I think that either getting a partner to buy in or going into debt for an employee seems to be the right call to help get back on track. I love working on a team of people, and I really think that having someone else on board would help me focus more.

    Is this something that any of you have dealt with? Thank you in advance 🙏🏻

    submitted by /u/Neat-Wolf
    [link] [comments]

    Aussie looking to start a small sales business

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 06:04 PM PDT

    Hi everybody,

    Not sure if there are many active Aussies in here but thought i should try.

    I am looking at starting up a small single product company that sells within my current industry. After some advice around simple business setup to minimize tax liabilities.

    Will be a one man show, EST turnover 50-150k in the first year. Profit in around 50% of turn over.

    Essentially buying, marketing and selling a relatively new product in our industry. My family business is the only competitor, but is happy for me to take over the sale of these products, as they currently make no money selling them. (I wont go into why)

    I am part of a family business and earn 80k p/a but i am used by the business to offset tax liabilities through trusts etc. How will the additional revenue of my business be taxed and how can i best minimize it?

    Would a sole trader be the best bet, or will all taxes be at maximum 48%? The aim of any profits is to put aside in investment products and shares to hopefully reach FIRE before im to old to enjoy myself and a holiday or two. After my initial investment of 50k, the remainder of purchases and marketing expenses will be coming out of the new business, but i would like all profits to be easily withdrawn.
    Thanks for your help

    submitted by /u/jd_sleepypillows
    [link] [comments]

    As a business owner what are the two biggest issues you've encountered in getting new clients online?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 08:50 AM PDT

    Hello all,

    I'm ooking for the opinions of existing business owners. Obviously Corona has pushed alot of our businesses into the world of digital only. I'm looking to do this myself but want to hear about your experiences.

    What are the main issues you've encountered when trying to aquire new clients online?

    And as a bonus if you've overcome them, how did you do it?

    Looking forward to reading about your experiences.

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/VisiCast
    [link] [comments]

    Giving away free online classes, students signing up but not attending - suggestions?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 12:26 PM PDT

    We recently set up a website where teachers can offer free live online lessons to a group of students (through Zoom or Skype). Most classes offered so far are about learning English, though teachers can offer a lesson on any topic. We have done a soft launch and are seeing that of the students that are signing up, more than 90% are not showing up to the class. This wastes the teachers time and has become a major issue. Any thoughts on how to resolve this issue?

    We currently send out several reminder emails to students. The students that don't show up also don't bother to follow up with an email to indicate there was a technical error or something else. We have tried to email them to ask why they didn't attend and they don't reply. We suspect the problem may be that the lesson is free so there are no repercussions to not showing up, but we want to be able to still offer free lessons.

    submitted by /u/stopfuckingwithme
    [link] [comments]

    Student Project F&B Business Survey Request

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 03:07 PM PDT

    Hello!

    I'm a UX design student and our team is currently conducting some research around business perceptions around third-party mobile ordering platforms and measures that F&B businesses have taken or considered taking to continue operating during the pandemic. We would love to get some feedback on this in the small business sector and your unique perspectives and it would really help us out to understand this space and industry.

    This survey will only take about 5 minutes and your feedback will help us gain insight into this topic. Your identity will remain anonymous in this survey and your answers will be confidential, so please answer honestly.

    Thank you in advance for participating!

    Take the survey here: https://forms.gle/SeFiwkQtFtk54J4E7

    submitted by /u/scrapsofwriting
    [link] [comments]

    Balance sheet question

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 10:10 PM PDT

    I literally can't find the answer anywhere so I'm asking here.

    Let's say I'm in the process of acquiring a company for $4,000,000. The transaction is setup in a way where the bank will lend $2,750,000 and I have $1,250,000 in equity.

    On the equity side of the balance sheet, we have the share capital and retained earnings. Will the share capital just stay constant at $1,250,000? Of course this is assuming that no other issuance of stock or equity investments will happen in the company. Or will share capital just be your Assets - Liabilities - RE?

    submitted by /u/throwawaycovid197181
    [link] [comments]

    Mobile spray tanning

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 09:36 AM PDT

    Hello, I am a 25 y/o female currently in my BCBA program (Behavioral Analysis). I work 30 hours a week on an extremely flexible schedule. Right now, I dont want to pick up another 10 hours a week at the clinic, I love my job but it can be stressful and i dont want to get burnt out in my program. I wouldnt mind some extra money, so i was thinking of starting a mobile spray tan company. I know how to use the machines and different products and I have experience starting a business before (I used to make custom wedding dresses). I also live on the gulf coast of texas, 20 minutes from Galveston beach, kemah boardwalk and Houston, so I have a few different markets I can tap for beaches, weddings, bachelorette parties, gyms, photographers, etc.. I just dont know the market very well. But I want to make around $500 a month to supplement my current job. I was thinking I'd do $40/tan with a $25 introductory tan and welcome baggie, and then a punch card where they get a free tan after so many. So I would need 3-4 clients per week, probably 5-6 since some will be intro pricing. I can arrange my current schedule to be Monday- Wednesday/ Thursday until 3pm and then have Friday's and weekends off to do mobile tanning. Would this be doable? Does anyone do this as a side hustle and how many clients do you see a week?

    submitted by /u/bganz54
    [link] [comments]

    Considering merger/acquisition. Looking for thoughts on ways to put deal together...

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 08:05 AM PDT

    We do 2M and the company we are looking at does $500k. Very little cannibalization of clients, owner of the smaller company will be a great ops guy, which we need and I don't mind giving up equity. Goal would be to push company to 8M Sales / 1M+ in EBIDTA over next 5 to 6 years and market it for a sale of 3 - 5 X EBIDTA. Give me some thoughts on how to put the deal together. i.e. combine companies, 80/20 split in ownership, no cash out, we both take X salary.

    submitted by /u/R3COV3R
    [link] [comments]

    Small biz reopening next week. Leads on where to get PPE?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 11:50 AM PDT

    I own a small daycare out of my home in the Bay Area, CA. I need PPE supplies like disposable gloves and paper towels. Costco has been my supplier for all of these kinds of supplies, and I know it has been tough to catch them when they are in stock. For the gloves, however, the cashier said she doesn't know if Costco will restock those again. She said they used to carry them, but once Covid peaked, they stopped stocking it. Maybe they just don't want to bother, or maybe it's a bigger problem up the supply chain. Do any of you have any leads on where to get disposable gloves online? I can try preordering on Uline (the website says their stock will replenish in July/August), but the prices are crazy compared to Costco... Is $48 for 200 gloves (two boxes) really the going rate? At Costco, it was $19.99 for 400 gloves. Is this a case of decreased supply and increased demand? I haven't tried Costco Business Center, but its website says gloves are out of stock right now, too. I have enough gloves to maybe get me through the rest of the month. Any thoughts or input would be much appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/tunaclock
    [link] [comments]

    free video training

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 03:31 PM PDT

    reveals a blueprint that can help you become a super affiliate it is for beginners and you do not need a blog you make the money you need to live your life the way you want to live https://dreamsandreality.life/super-affiliate-system/

    submitted by /u/Dragonfliesfrommars
    [link] [comments]

    .XYZ launches campaign to give small businesses domain names during COVID

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 07:08 PM PDT

    Software Developer here - Can I give your business a free consultation?

    Posted: 05 Jun 2020 03:12 PM PDT

    Hey there! I'm a software developer who is looking to get into consulting/dev contracting. Due to COVID I've had some free time and I would love to help out the people of this community.

    Why should you do this? The input of an experienced developer could help you see the steps you need to take in order to automate your processes or otherwise make your day to day life a little easier. I could, hopefully, provide actionable feedback that you can then use to improve your business. I don't expect any money or anything in return, as I have my own reasons for doing this (listed below). However, if after the consultation you wanted to pursue something more, I'd be open to it. That is, however, not the goal nor an expectation in any way.

    Why am I doing this? Well, a couple of reasons. It'll give me some experience and help me identify some of the key pain points that business/business owners face on a daily basis. Having the more hands-on experience and "face to face" (not really, but close enough) with business owners would help me develop my personal skills as well as what questions I need to ask to begin with when reaching out to business owners in the future.

    If you're interested, feel free to comment or DM. If you have any questions, concerns, or worries then please - again - comment or DM and I'll respond.

    submitted by /u/superathleanyo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment