• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 4, 2020

    Do you work as hard selling now compared to when you first started? Sales and Selling

    Do you work as hard selling now compared to when you first started? Sales and Selling


    Do you work as hard selling now compared to when you first started?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 08:51 AM PDT

    Seems like its easy to get burnt out and get lazier when you get a few years in sales.

    What are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/freightbrokerill
    [link] [comments]

    Are things turning around for you?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 08:10 AM PDT

    Things are on the up and up just a bit over here. For context a I sell a niche software solution....still slow overall, but moving in the right direction.

    How's everyone else doing? If you can share your role and industry that would be helpful as well.

    submitted by /u/Mr__Peanuts
    [link] [comments]

    Just accepted a job at high volume dealership..

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 10:29 PM PDT

    High volume dealership?

    Just accepted a job offer at a high volume dealership with only one other salesman. Used cars. He says 30 cars is what they expect a month and that it won't even be a struggle, and you'd pretty much be trying not to sell if you can't hit 30 cars. Tells me they usually do 100+ cars a month but due to covid they were at 40 in March,60 in April, and 75 in May.

    Does anyone have any similar experiences? I'm new to the sales field so not sure what is too good to be true and what isn't. 3 step interview process, everything seemed really legit, but the fact that it's only me and one other guy on as salesman makes me sort of skeptical of it all.

    submitted by /u/teelo97
    [link] [comments]

    What to sell next...

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 10:17 AM PDT

    For background, I was in insurance sales by the age of 19. Stuck with that for a few years before my husband and I took over his families two small grocery stores. I managed a large crew, handled all the pricing and marketing for both stores in addition to merchandising and accounting.

    From there I went to work as the director of the local chamber of commerce where I sold memberships, sponsorships, advertising, etc. I concurrently held the position as director of the local advertising and tourism commission where I basically sold the community to prospective visitors.

    I now work for one of the largest and oldest marketing agencies in my state. I sell tourism advertising opportunities for our state tourism department. Print ads in our multiple tourism publications and digital ads on our state tourism website.

    I love the company I work for and mostly like what I do, but am looking ahead. I'd appreciate any advice on what might be a good fit for me in the future as far as sales goes. Looking to make more money of course, but I'm also highly motivated and self disciplined. I believe I have the skills to sell anything, as I always make sure I'm very informed on my products and truly care about my customers.

    submitted by /u/cilantroandlime26
    [link] [comments]

    Cheap but quality lead list?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 05:51 AM PDT

    We're selling locally and looking for businesses 10-150 employees and need a lead list of all businesses and industries. We looked into zoominfo but pricing is too expensive and we really don't need to know the org chart since most are small businesses who internally don't even know their org chart. Any quality lead lists we can just buy for 1 time fee just to import into CRM and start tracking leads?

    submitted by /u/Party-Ring
    [link] [comments]

    Sales Managers: Have you ever promoted an SDR to AE, or hired an AE spot with a former SDR?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 11:53 AM PDT

    And if so, how many failed?

    Are there any indicators that make a SDR a better candidate in your experience?

    How indicative is a good SDR's skill set in telling you about their success as an AE?

    submitted by /u/BPYYC
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone here work in local media sales?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 08:38 AM PDT

    I began working in ad sales for a mid-sized market TV station at the beginning of 2020. I regularly browse this sub for advice on selling but there doesn't seem to be a ton of content directly related to my industry.

    Obviously this year has been a rollercoaster, but I never had a solid foundation in the first place (having never worked in sales prior to this position).

    Everyone here talks about cold-calling, which I've had success with on occasion. A problem I always run into, however, is the fact that I have to spend a lot of time researching current adspend, company info, contacts, writing emails and LinkedIn messages, developing campaigns for current clients etc, which leaves me less time for actually getting on the phone.

    How do you create lead lists and move through them quickly when you're selling a primarily locally-oriented service?

    For the sake of discussion, media professionals:

    What challenges to the local advertising landscape have you seen and how are you overcoming them when you're limited (for the most part) to companies that exist only in your market?

    Are you spending as much time cold-calling as some of the other people on this sub (50+ calls/day)?

    And, more generally, how are you demonstrating the value of advertising to blue-collar business owners that barely even have time in their schedule to pick up the phone?

    Any input is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/seeyalatercrocodile
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to break into Medical Device/Pharma Sales with sports background/Masters and limited sales experience

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 08:23 AM PDT

    Hello all,

    As the title states I previously played a high major division one sport followed by having my masters paid for and played 1 year professionally. Most recently started at the company ranked #1 for entry level jobs (ERAC) and over the past 8 months have consistently ranked #1 in sales in region and group. I've been building network on LinkedIn and have had my resume checked out from multiple sources but just need advice moving forward because the company I work for isn't compensation enough for the amount of value I bring.... granted I played sports all my life so I understand you have to pay your dues initially. Any advice would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/Frich3
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone work for a executive recruiting firm?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 09:08 AM PDT

    I got called back for an interview. Never worked in sales before. Looking to make more than my current 55k managing a restaurant. Add I'll post below mentions 60k-150k, but it seems every sales job says that.

    Anyone work in this space? What's your day like? Do you get a base? What/how does commission work? Any advice for questions to ask?

    Job posting:

    Full Job Description EARN A SIX FIGURE INCOME IN THE (removed) AREA!

    Commission Sales

    Executive Recruiters

    Executive Search Firm (Headhunting firm) is looking for Sales Consultants who are assertive self-starters. Candidates must be eager to excel in developing relationships. Preferred candidates should have a successful track record of starting and managing a sales territory. Company is led by a 35 year veteran of the placement business. Open door training policy with the best resources available in the business to help you succeed.

    All candidates must have the ability to work independently, have strong presentation skills, and have the willingness to succeed and achieve in a telephone intensive job.

    Position involves being a Human Resources arm to construction companies in helping them find top talent for their positions. Very competitive industry.

    Many employees have been with us 5 years plus. Great, collaborative environment

    Job Types: Full-time, Commission

    Pay: $60,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year

    Experience:

    Negotiation: 1 year (Required) Sales: 1 year (Preferred) Additional Compensation:

    Commission Work Location:

    One location Benefits:

    Health insurance Retirement plan Paid time off Paid Training:

    Yes Management:

    Team Lead Key Leader Typical start time:

    8AM Typical end time:

    6PM This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:

    People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment Schedule:

    Monday to Friday Other

    submitted by /u/cromagnum84
    [link] [comments]

    Have two job offers, currently employed (but about to get sacked) - How to negotiate a better salary?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 06:37 AM PDT

    I currently work for a company with a base salary of $100k + car/cell expense + commissions. It's a high paying job (reps at my company make $200k to $400k), but unfortunately due to COVID-19, I am about to get sacked. Company isn't performing well, and the reality is that I'm also not performing well. This is just not the right kind of job for me, sadly.

    Enter the two offers. In both cases, they reached out to me (old contacts), and I told them that I was looking for a job because my current company is not performing well at all due to COVID-19, and I'm about to get sacked. The two offers are as follows, and while offer #1 will pay less, I'm much more interested in it due to much better job security and amazing benefi).

    Offer 1: Not sure yet what the salary will be, but I suspect they will offer about $80k + year end bonus. It's for one of Canada's big banks in commercial banking, so job security is very good, and benefits are amazing.

    Offer 2: External wholesaler for a hedge fund company (I used to work as an internal wholesaler for a private debt company). Base salary of $100k + commission, but a very cut-throat environment with little to no job security (if I donèt perform, Ièckly)'ll get sacked very quickly.

    I prefer offer #1. That being said, $80k-ish is too low for me, I want to leverage offer #2 (and my current salary) to get a better offer, bump it up to $90k or so. How do you guys recommend I go about negotiating a better salary for offer #1, given what I just laid out?

    submitted by /u/parad0x88
    [link] [comments]

    What is normal startup pay?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 08:35 AM PDT

    I'm working as an SDR at a small startup and am curious what similar positions are being paid?

    submitted by /u/CellosDuetBetter
    [link] [comments]

    Info on SaaS

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 12:20 PM PDT

    Hi folks, Hope everyone is doing well at this tough time.

    Coming straight to the point. I was in Industrial Sales for over 2.5 years. Now I am thinking of switching to Software selling. I would like to understand if having an in-depth knowledge of Softwares is necessary to survive in this industry, particularly for Sales people?

    Time to time I keep hearing about these buzzwords such as Cloud computing, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, APIs etc, I do have a vague idea about these things but not entirely. While I don't have a degree in computer science, I am tech savvy and would be more than willing to learn whatever it is quickly.

    However, since sales jobs are client facing, i would like to know how thorough and well informed shoud I be about the products/services which I sell? Or just playing around with Jargons would suffice?

    Either ways, I would really appreciate your help in finding materials/blogs/pages/videos/courses to begin with for developing knowledge about SaaS.

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/Indie_N
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone interested in Mentorship?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 12:18 PM PDT

    22/F/Pune(India). I would have graduated from a B-School now, but it is postponed for a month or 2 now due to COVID-19. Few months back I have joined a startup as a Business development executive. Keenly looking forward to get myself a mentor, before I go insane with all my questions due to this disruption in my career path.

    submitted by /u/YouKnowwho111000
    [link] [comments]

    Is it common practice that companies change product portfolios and commission suddenly?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 08:31 AM PDT

    Interviewed with current company earlier this year and was informed, during interview stage, that this role would be handling 2 products and this salesperson would be getting the commission from these 2 products.

    A week after I joined the company, i was notified by management that the sales team would be selling all products, and because our products are B2C & B2B, management decided that the best way to split comms would be to based on the alphabet of the customers surname and whatever contracts we got with B2B's would be our individual commission.

    However, a couple of days back, we were informed that the current system to calculate comms, specifically based on the surname, was too messy for finance to manage and to make things simple, we should split everything evenly amongst salespeople, inclusive of comms from B2B's.

    This came as a huge surprise to me and I didn't really know how to react or respond and simply agreed to it for this current quarter but told my boss that we should review it again before the next quarter as it seems rather unfair.

    While I'm not too upset about the initial change in portfolios and commission, the more recent news about splitting comms equally is really getting to me.

    This is my first sales job so I'm not sure if this is commonly occurs in other sales departments. It would be good for me to hear from you experienced lot on your perspective.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Twiddledeethumb
    [link] [comments]

    How to Identify prospects, where my target market in Universities and Institutions? Any navigator available

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 12:01 PM PDT

    Hi, I am working as business development executive for a startup, our clients are Universities and Institutions, can be private or government too. Till date I used to identify leads through cold calling, but we all know how hectic it can be.

    submitted by /u/YouKnowwho111000
    [link] [comments]

    Guaranteed Base Salary plus Commissions downgraded to Draw....

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 04:17 AM PDT

    Took on a sales role in construction sales that had me at a base pay plus commission as well that was part of my agreement in joining the team. Right when we were about to hit the ground running Covid19 happened and everything shut down. 3 months later things are now picking up but I was told that I would now be on a draw pay system as well as commission only. The reason why I left my previous employer was the security of the base pay plus commission, the only reason.

    My previous role was a secured corporate role with benefits and guaranteed salary that matched my base pay at my current job plus some bonuses here and there. Not as experienced in the sales world so I would appreciate some advice. Left on good terms and was a valued employee to the company and I can definitely go back. Any thoughts on this?

    submitted by /u/strawhat1998
    [link] [comments]

    What does Linkedin Scraping mean?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 11:25 AM PDT

    Why is this used, and how do you do it?

    submitted by /u/oblique_strategies_
    [link] [comments]

    If you need part-time SDR work, check us out at Superhuman Prospecting. Remote available now.

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 11:01 AM PDT

    Hey ya'll. If you are interested in working in the sales profession, we are hiring right now!

    I learned to love sales when I had the opportunity to talk to people and practice making an impact in every conversation i had. There was always something to learn and give.

    We have work from home (or in-office coming soon) position available that can make you $20 or more per hour.

    If you or you know anyone interested, you can apply here! http://careers.superhumanprospecting.com/remote-client-sdr-cold-caller-and-appointment-setter-nationwide-work-from-home-24063/

    Upward mobility opportunity available!

    submitted by /u/rpereus
    [link] [comments]

    Fantatical prospecting principles-still applicable in COVID?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 08:35 AM PDT

    Currently doing BD for a small software company in a niche industry, was using Jeb Blounts cold calling approach-spitting out your pitch quickly, then countering two objections that they may have before moving onto the next prospect. My dad warned me of having commission breath, and I'm not sure if that's how I'm coming across. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/floppyfrog5467
    [link] [comments]

    SaaS eval/trial/POC agreement?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 06:13 AM PDT

    I need help formalizing our eval/trial/POC doc. What's the best template for a written agreement prior to a paid POC?

    submitted by /u/AptSeagull
    [link] [comments]

    Possible moves after 1 year SaaS sales experience

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 05:32 AM PDT

    I'm currently in my fifth month as a SaaS SDR, and have hit or exceeded target every month thus far, and scheduled to do so again this month.

    After a year of being here, I will start looking for AE roles at other companies. I'm wondering which type of companies can I expect to get into.

    Would a Salesforce look at my CV at this stage? Would it be startups? Or is it just unlikely to happen after just one year?

    submitted by /u/znukz
    [link] [comments]

    do you think sales is a good way of getting rid of social anxiety ?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 08:35 PM PDT

    I'm terrible with anything that involves customer service but I really want to change that. In social setting I find that my heart rate goes up, my body begins to shake, and my mind tends to go blank (especially under pressure) I'm also pretty introverted too, so too much interaction is an energy killer for me. But I hate how much my anxiety limits me, I just want to be confident in myself. I hear theres a lot of money to be made in this industry though, which is why I'm considering it at all, but I do also want to step out of my comfort zone so that's another thing. Am I cut out?

    submitted by /u/spectacularkay
    [link] [comments]

    Thoughts on personalised video in cold emails?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 12:11 AM PDT

    What do people think about recording a 1 min personalised video for each prospect through Loom / Vidyard etc. and linking it in a cold email?

    I've tested it a little bit recently and the biggest problem I'm facing is getting people to actually watch it. For context, this is how it's going out:

    Email 1: Very personalised and relevant copy (no video here as I don't want to use any links, other than one for our website in the signature, to protect deliverability).

    Email 2: Short sentence saying that I made a video for them because of ((trigger event)), followed by the video hyperlinked under the text 'Outbound idea for ((company name))'. I also have a screenshot gif from Loom then embedded in the email to show them that it's specifically about them (although I have no data on how many people load images).

    Email 3, 4, 5: Generic enough copy with some custom variables thrown in along the way.

    Important note, open rates are not a problem. The challenge we are facing is that prospects are seeing the email but not enough people are clicking through to the videos to justify the effort of creating them.

    I feel like this could really work and be a differentiator if we can get past this barrier, so I would love to hear any advice from people who have tried this with success?

    P.S. We also sent the same videos to the same prospects on InMail through Sales Navigator, total waste of time.

    submitted by /u/leadawhat
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment