• Breaking News

    Saturday, June 6, 2020

    Accounting Giving interns unclear instructions be like ..

    Accounting Giving interns unclear instructions be like ..


    Giving interns unclear instructions be like ..

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 08:02 AM PDT

    Which one of you is running 21 Savage’s YouTube account?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 04:22 PM PDT

    When COVID-19 postpones your busy season happy hour to 7/15

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 06:36 PM PDT

    How to study more efficiently for the CPA using Becker (specifically FAR)?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 07:43 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, so here's a couple quick details:

    • graduated with a 3.9 and was relatively comfortable with accounting but it would take me a while to actually grasp the material (like a couple days- clearly that's not going to work for the CPA lol)

    • study time 38-45 hours a week (I'm treating it like my full time job until I start working in September)

    • I study for an hour then take a 5-10 min break and come back to it; I end up studying from about 7:30am-6pm

    • exam date July 20, 2020

    So basically I didn't schedule my self to start studying until this upcoming Monday, June 8th. Butttt I started early this past Wednesday and YALL from Wednesday through Friday, I've only managed to cover material for F1 Modules 1-4. That's a little over one a day!

    Here's what my study methods have been like: Watch lecture and take notes in book > go back reread and take my own notes in notebook > skills practice > MCQ

    I'd say I take about an hour for each task that I do besides the MCQ because I really try to hammer the information down but what can I do to cut that time down and still understand the material?

    I know I need to find my own way of studying but I was just looking for some/any advice from folks that may have had a similar issue (or just just any advice in general haha)

    Sorry that was long and thanks for any help or suggestions!

    submitted by /u/MBanks0024
    [link] [comments]

    International student who wants to intern in the US ����

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 03:31 PM PDT

    Hi everyone! I'm currently a European student who wants to work as an intern in the US in the beginning of 2021 (February). I study Accounting and would like to work at an accounting firm or a internal audit department from a big organization. I would like to stay in the US for about 5-7 months and already contacted some accounting firms like PwC. I'm wondering if anyone knows other organizations that would be worth reaching out to. Looking forward to your reactions! Tips are also welcome :)

    submitted by /u/Liskfreak
    [link] [comments]

    Here we are again

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 04:44 AM PDT

    I Graduate in December and Would like to know how feasible it would be to land a job right now?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 07:22 PM PDT

    As the title state I am graduating in December with my B.S. in Accounting and am wondering if it's possible to land a job or even a paid internship right now. GPA is 3.0 and I have 2 classes left.

    I'm 25 and have been in retail for 6 years, I know that doesn't have a lot to do with it but I'm hoping the recruiter or potential employer will see I'm not completely oblivious to the working/"real" world, so I may be fresh out of college but I'm not fresh out of my parents house or anything.

    Aside from that I can communicate fairly well and have always had no problem speaking so I'm not worried about the interview...just getting there.

    Currently working on trying to network but the lockdowns and such have kinda killed that for me.

    I guess what I'm asking is, from your prospective, with my relevant coursework and previous work history, would I have at least a slightly higher chance than the even more average joe applying for an entry level accounting position?

    Any help is appreciated, just really tired of working retail and would like to get the ball rolling on this career shit!

    submitted by /u/TheAstroPickle
    [link] [comments]

    How Stable is a Career in Audit at Local Firm?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 09:53 PM PDT

    I interned at Local Frim (part of the bdo alliance) last summer in a non-metro city, I was the only intern. I mostly worked on employee benefit plans, government clients, and some private companies. With the whole pandemic and economic downturn, I'm assuming employee benefit plans and private companies will no longer need audits?

    submitted by /u/ghghhdksksk
    [link] [comments]

    Can the CPA $100 initial fee be paid in cash? (California)

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 09:50 PM PDT

    It says on their website it's not "recommended", but does that mean I can't just mail the NTS document and $100 cash in the same envelope, or is that just dumb?

    submitted by /u/randomacc432
    [link] [comments]

    Is it easy to get US CPA if you have Canadian CPA?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 02:09 PM PDT

    Is career growth limited if I become a Sr Internal Auditor

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 12:23 PM PDT

    I'm a senior at Big 4 and I'm looking to leave. I've had interviews for both senior accounting and sr internal auditor positions and although I feel that Sr Internal Auditing would allow for a better work life balance, I'm afraid my career growth will be limited? I feel I won't be able to grow and will be stuck with internal auditing if I choose this path. Does anyone have any advice on if this is a career limiting move?

    submitted by /u/skeetbebopboo
    [link] [comments]

    Question on Accountant's Day to Day work

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 05:12 PM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    I wanted to ask what day to day tasks you all do in excel and also what you believe are the most important things to learn about excel in order to do your job well. I currently study finance at university and am in charge of creating a beginner to intermediate level curriculum using Linkedin learning (provided for free for students) so that we can have members of our club learn these topics and concepts in our excel development program. I want to make sure they have the most important topics they need in that curriculum and want to reach out here for some more ideas.

    Currently I have:

    Excel for Accountants (for macro-level understanding)

    Excel for Management Accounting (diving into a more specific area)

    Corporate financial statement analysis (for experience in dealing with statements while in excel)

    Anything else you might add to this list? They don't need to be specific Linkedin courses, just topics and I will take care of trying to find a lesson for it.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/derektorres22
    [link] [comments]

    Staff accountant benefits

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 12:08 PM PDT

    Hi guys! I'm a senior accounting student that plans to move out and support myself after college. I want to know if it is feasible with a staff accountant's salary and benefits. Can anyone discuss the benefits you received as a staff accountant (i.e. full coverage insurance, free gym membership, meals) thanks!

    submitted by /u/poodlequeen69
    [link] [comments]

    Survey about pay cuts from COVID.

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 01:01 PM PDT

    I am curious at the impact you have all had due to COVID related to pay and hours. Ive been hearing a lot of misinformation and outright lies. Just want to cut through the noise and see the real story.

    What is the size of your firm?

    Was your pay was cut?

    If so, by what %?

    Were your hours cut?

    If so, by what %?

    submitted by /u/ttnorac
    [link] [comments]

    SOC 1 and 2 Audit Software and Program Recommendations

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 08:57 AM PDT

    Are there any good cloud-based applications or SaaS providers for CPA firms doing SOC 1 and SOC 2 audits?

    Ideally, it would be great to find something that is reliably up-to-date with AICPA guidance, has streamlined checklists (as opposed to macro-laden Word documents from Thomson Reuters) and can generate reports with some level of customization. Thanks for your help!

    submitted by /u/cpaitguy
    [link] [comments]

    EY vs Deloitte

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 07:36 PM PDT

    I got an offer from Deloitte and EY as an auditor. Which one do you think is easier to move internally (to things like advisory or data analytics)? And which one has a better future in your opinion?

    submitted by /u/acctstud10
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on whether to get PhD to teach?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 10:50 AM PDT

    Currently working at big4 with a masters in accounting. Wondering if anyone would like to share their experience teaching University.

    submitted by /u/ZeeTANK999
    [link] [comments]

    Negotiating Big4 starting salary as someone with prior experience?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 11:46 AM PDT

    Hi all, I received a full-time offer for a starting position at a Big4. Obviously, Big4 will unlikely negotiate on entry level salaries. However, I have already had quite some experience at the department where I'll be working again. In the past I did two internships there, and I already worked there for 6 months as an associate in busy season. Would I make a chance in negotiating the starting salary by a bit? Considering this advantage over my peers, I think I would.. However, now with the Covid shit going on, I should only be grateful receiving an offer in these uncertain times. Hence, the recruiter might not appreciate this request.

    So, should I just accept the offer with my experience ignored, or do I have a valid reason to negotiate despite Covid?

    submitted by /u/akkapanna
    [link] [comments]

    Possible to get to senior early

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 07:14 PM PDT

    Starting as an A1 in audit this fall at a national firm (BDO, GT, KPMG). I have 2 public accounting internships worth of experience.

    How hard is it to skip the A2 position and go right to senior? If there is extremely high demand for seniors would I have a chance at being bumped up if I shows the qualities required of a senior to train staff and interns on processes and produce quality work as well as quality training?

    Has anyone ever done this ever or is it actually impossible? I don't want to move slow. I want to move up as fast as I can no matter the stress that it comes with.

    submitted by /u/TendyloinLover
    [link] [comments]

    My university doesn’t offer an accounting major. Advice?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 07:28 AM PDT

    Hi all!

    I've decided to pursue a career in accounting after taking a few accounting community college classes. I'm 1 semester away from finishing a BS in Environmental Engineering from a top 5 school that does not offer an accounting major.

    I'm thinking of taking fall semester off since it will likely be remote anyways, and using the 2020-2021 school year to finish up an accounting certificate at community college. I would then complete my last semester of my Bachelors.

    I'm wondering if companies hiring accounting interns for next summer would consider me a strong candidate if my accounting classes are from community college, but my Bachelors is from an elite university.

    Thank you!!

    submitted by /u/c-glitterhead
    [link] [comments]

    From Accounting to High School Teacher

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 09:45 AM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    Here's my situation. I just graduated last month with my Bachelor's in Accounting. Around that time, it has miraculously occurred to me that I do not want a profession in accounting, and I started embracing the fact that I would love to be a high school teacher. I have always wanted to be a high school teacher, however, family and friends would frequently frown down upon me due to the pay. I have realized that pay is not everything and if I am going to work 40+ hours a week for the next decades of my life, I would like to do what makes me happy.

    My question is, is there some sort of route I can take to become a high school teacher with my Bachelor's in accounting, and has anyone ever done something similar before? Ideally, I would love to be a math teacher, but I wouldn't mind being an accounting/business teacher (as long as those kinds of positions are on the market). Going back to school to get a 2nd Bachelors is out of the picture, so I was wondering if there is a Masters or other certification I can look into that would put me on the right path.

    For reference, I am in the state of Illinois.

    submitted by /u/contemplationqueen
    [link] [comments]

    Two weeks into new job after exiting from PA I got another offer in consulting. Should I take it?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 05:42 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I am in my second week at my new place after exiting Big 4, in a Treasury/ accounting role. However, two weeks in I received a call back from a consulting firm I interviewed with and was on the cusp of receiving an offer from before my offer got pulled/ delayed due to Covid blowing up. True to their word they came back to me with an offer the instant lockdowns were lifted (I'm from australia if that's any relevant) and things looking up.

    But now that I'm at a dilemma as to whether or not to take the consulting offer (they were very understanding and said give it one or two months they'll wait for my answer by end of July).

    Personally, I'm quite apathetic towards accounting/ treasury. It's not fun but I don't hate it either. In my current role I get on well with my direct supervisor (FC) and the CEO. At the consulting place I got on well with everyone I met. Salary wise it's a 10-15k increase from my current role but will not be supporting CA study (they're not accountants).

    My dilemma here is the difference in industries, my current place is very accounting/ financial planning focused whereas the consulting place focuses on consulting via software delivery. Whatever I choose here will likely have a big impact on my career as they are very different paths which will take me to very different places. If I stay in my current role ... the best I can see is becoming Head of Treasury or FC ... which is not bad but not something I relish either. The consulting gig is sweet but I'm not sure what my long terms prospects would be. I'm just scared of throwing away my whole career and making the wrong choice.

    Any advice is appreciated guys thank you

    submitted by /u/todorooo
    [link] [comments]

    I have to take a bookkeeping test, as it is part of the hiring process for an entry-level Staff Accountant position. What should I expect and how can I prepare for the test?

    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 07:28 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment