• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 24, 2020

    Stock Market - Clorox’s coronavirus challenge: 500% demand spikes and nonstop manufacturing

    Stock Market - Clorox’s coronavirus challenge: 500% demand spikes and nonstop manufacturing


    Clorox’s coronavirus challenge: 500% demand spikes and nonstop manufacturing

    Posted: 24 May 2020 06:16 AM PDT

    https://www.sfchronicle.com/business/article/Clorox-s-coronavirus-challenge-500-demand-15290369.php

    The cleaning supplies maker, founded in Oakland in 1913, saw record shipments of disinfecting wipes, sprays and bathroom cleaners in the first three months of 2020. Net cleaning product sales spiked 32% to $671 million in that period compared with 2019.

    As U.S. shutdown orders began in March, demand surged 500% for some products, which have been consistently sold out at stores.

    Gajrawala expects that Clorox production won't meet demand for six months. He expects sales to be elevated for the next three to five years, and potentially longer.

    submitted by /u/coolcomfort123
    [link] [comments]

    How do you select Individual Stocks?

    Posted: 24 May 2020 01:22 AM PDT

    I've recently started learning about the stock market and I was thinking about what the factors are that people look for before selecting Individual stocks.

    Other than that, which is better, investing in mutual funds or Individual stocks (maybe 9-10 handpicked companies).

    I want to learn everything there is to this before I start investing and there wasn't much good info when I googled how to select Individual stocks so obviously I came to Reddit lol. Any help will be appreciated 😊

    Also, please link some helpful links to articles about investing in general that a beginner should read.

    Thanks in advance :)

    submitted by /u/gothboisandy
    [link] [comments]

    Long term “safe” investment?

    Posted: 24 May 2020 11:22 AM PDT

    I was looking into the Vanguard High Dividend yield ETF for a relatively secure investment with a decent return. Does anyone have any tips? Good/Bad idea? I have a good amount in a "high interest" savings account with almost no apr now with the Federal Reserve lowering their rates and was looking for a place to move it to.

    submitted by /u/OG-Koyuk
    [link] [comments]

    My prediction of inflation when everyone thinks of deflation

    Posted: 24 May 2020 07:43 PM PDT

    My first video on economy where I predict sad and even dystopian future of the economy post Covid19. Please comment whether you like or not. I love criticism.

    Youtube link: https://youtu.be/fZhG7majGJ8

    submitted by /u/IuriiVovchenko
    [link] [comments]

    Is the stock market "overvalued"?

    Posted: 24 May 2020 02:11 PM PDT

    After reviewing this report, the market overall seems to be valued decently. I know there are so many factors that go into current valuations and perceived future value, but if you look at returns since we've entered the recession, some sectors and sub-sectors remain pretty heavily hit (e.g. Energy, Financial Services, and Industrials).

    I know there's been discussion about the SP500 being "significantly overvalued" but it seems a big part of the reason the SP500 isn't lower than what it is now is because FAAMG makes up about 1/5th of SP500, which have generally benefitted from this pandemic or at least haven't been as hard hit. If it weren't for the Big 5, SP500 would probably be a few hundreds points lower.

    I know July/August will be the true test of market valuations when earning reports come out and we've really internalized the full brunt of the elongated lockdowns, but the market doesn't seem wildly overvalued as it's currently perceived to be.

    submitted by /u/EndlessEvolution
    [link] [comments]

    Will Q2 Earnings Affect the Stock Market?

    Posted: 24 May 2020 02:11 PM PDT

    Clearly this stock market has been completely unpredictable and illogical. Based on historical data is there anything to learn from poor/strong Q2 results?

    Are you selling/have sold before end of Q2? Why or why not?

    Obviously no one knows for certain what will happens and I'm still interested to learn about your approaches based on past events.

    Any good articles/data points to look at?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/prove_it_with_math
    [link] [comments]

    TD Ameritrade users: I don’t see the reason why bank transactions have an effect on the Balance chart

    Posted: 24 May 2020 01:34 AM PDT

    When I deposit money to my TDA account, the balance graph rises by the amount deposited and likewise falls when withdrawing money to your bank.

    The main point of this plot, I feel, should be to gauge how well your investments have done all-time. Bank deposits and withdrawals should not be considered.

    For example, say I bought shares of BA, DISNEY, RTX. The plot graph should change each day based on the collective net profit / loss. Then having filters like "daily", "weekly", "1 month", "1 year" , "all-time" can measure your profits / losses over that period of time. And yes I know that it lists the total gain next to each position. Sometimes it's nice to visualize things especially when you're tracking progress over time.

    I started initially using Robinhood. After dealing with their unreliable servers and terrible customer service, I moved over all new trading to TDA. Although I'll admit, I do use RH to look at stocks that I'm watching and pull the trigger on TDA.


    RH does have this graph and that is where I first saw it and saw first hand how useful it is. Please see below links.

    Also, I have shamelessly added my current positions. Feel free to comment and give advice. I started learning about the stock market this past April almost been a little over a month.


    1) TDA graph that is going up by $1000 due to my $1000 deposit to my TDA account :

    https://imgur.com/K63jzMz

    2) TDA graph going down $300 due to me withdrawing $300 from my TDA to my checking

    https://imgur.com/G5SjrS5

    3) Here is RH tracking your all-time investment success. Note that it is not influenced by bank activity. If you look up, you can see I am up $338.96 all-time, including closed positions (selling all shares of a certain stock.

    https://imgur.com/uFSAGxr

    4) Now here is RH showing how you did in just the last week:

    https://imgur.com/G5zSuiD

    5 Lastly, I have shamelessly taken pictures of my positions. Please feel free to give any advice. I just started learning about the stock market 1 month back in April. Not bad right?

    https://imgur.com/mrJv3jP

    https://imgur.com/du0GCYT

    submitted by /u/cheechuu
    [link] [comments]

    EVOK

    Posted: 24 May 2020 06:43 AM PDT

    This is a a 51m cap company that just got a $700 million drug. What do the experience traders see there high to be. Maybe I'm asking it wrong. What should the real value of the stock be?

    submitted by /u/robh694
    [link] [comments]

    What if..?

    Posted: 24 May 2020 12:48 AM PDT

    What if I bought 1,000,000 shares of ABC company at @.01... 5 years later ABC is now worth $10... what would happen if I sold all 1,000,000 shares at $10? Clearly I'll profit... but what would happen to that company stock price, the market, etc..?

    submitted by /u/leedagr8
    [link] [comments]

    Day trading under 25k

    Posted: 23 May 2020 11:07 PM PDT

    Anyone know of any legitimate brokerage which allows US citizens to enroll not following the PDT ankle shackle ?

    My major losses have been preventing to get hit with a PDT rule.

    It's ridiculous.

    Any recommended brokerage to day trade with a balance of under 25k with no limitations? —-

    Burrrrrr stonks

    submitted by /u/MediocreClick5
    [link] [comments]

    Is the "past performance" tab even that useful as criteria for fund selection?

    Posted: 23 May 2020 08:28 PM PDT

    I'm currently looking at a long term time horizon (20+ years) and I'm a true believer in buying low cost, low turnover funds and having diversification in the following ways: (50% total U.S. market large cap), (10% U.S. Small Cap value), (10% U.S. REIT), (10% Developed Markets large cap), (10% Emerging Markets Large Cap), (5% Small cap International), (5% Total U.S. Bond and inflation protected U.S. Bond). I've found a low cost (expense ratio below .11) fund for each of these categories. But when I'm doing my research and comparisons, I'm finding that a lot of the funds I choose don't always have the best past performance compared to the higher expense ratio funds. I kind of believe, from listening to John Bogle, Burtien Makiel, and Charlie Ellis, that looking at historical performance is not the most important criteria because no one can predict the future of equity prices and the old saying of 'past performance is no guarantee of future results' seems to hold true. I'm just wondering whether always going for the low cost is the best way to go. I don't even dream of ever purchasing something that has an ER of over .4 and I'm not sure if I'm missing out on funds that charge just a little bit extra but are worth it in the long run.

    submitted by /u/curiousdonkey25
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment