• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 23, 2020

    Accounting As a student who solely uses a laptop, I can’t believe I didn’t do this sooner

    Accounting As a student who solely uses a laptop, I can’t believe I didn’t do this sooner


    As a student who solely uses a laptop, I can’t believe I didn’t do this sooner

    Posted: 23 May 2020 07:18 PM PDT

    Hertz files for BK and this is their holdings org chart submitted to the courts (I think?)

    Posted: 23 May 2020 07:21 AM PDT

    [KPMG Australia] all employees takes 20% pay-cut working the same hours

    Posted: 23 May 2020 11:35 AM PDT

    CPA Salary? (Canada)

    Posted: 23 May 2020 05:39 PM PDT

    CPA Salary? (Canada)

    Hi there,

    I am a prospective gr 12 student and I am curious as to the salary that comes with the CPA designation in Canada. I have found 2 different salary reports that could give me a picture of it but I'm not sure to the accuracy of them. The first image is from a CPA salary report from 2017 that seems to be buried and hard to find on their website. The second image is from a Randstad salary guide for Canada by job title. Both of these reports are very organized and show information by city, province and industry. Most Importantly of all I want to know if the salary by years of experience is accurate because it seems too good to be true. (Also can someone which report if any are more accurate)

    Thanks, send me a message if you want the full pdf of either report

    Randstad salary guide screenshot of Toronto for reference

    By years of experience post designation from CPA website

    submitted by /u/DarkoSim
    [link] [comments]

    Best laptop for new college student

    Posted: 23 May 2020 09:19 PM PDT

    Hi I just recently enrolled as a freshmen at my local University and my grandma has graciously provided me with a $1000 laptop budget. I have the opportunity to buy my sisters old Mac book for $500 and use the rest for tuition. I'm not sure if the os matters for accounting majors, but would a Mac or windows machine be better for accounting? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/ermulll
    [link] [comments]

    Am I getting screwed on my salary?

    Posted: 23 May 2020 01:54 PM PDT

    I saw another thread where it basically said to double your salary every 5 years at B4. Well I'm not B4, but I'm also not even close to doubling my salary.

    I started at a national firm (my office in particular has around 50 CPAs) in January 2015 in Ohio with a salary of 50k. Currently I'm making 74.5k a year as a "supervisor", with usually 3k bonus yearly. So, almost 5.5 years and I'm not anywhere close to 100k. I understand Ohio is a LCOL state, but that thread really got me thinking.

    My hours for a year are usually 1,700-1,800 charge hours, leading to around 2,500 total hours (I'm in charge of new hire training and assist in scheduling). I'm not sure if that's a lot/little or average for public as I have no other experience.

    submitted by /u/MKGirl413
    [link] [comments]

    Ballin’ at 33 with no CPA (salary story)

    Posted: 23 May 2020 05:58 AM PDT

    Does it look bad if I do 30 courses in 5 years for accounting?

    Posted: 23 May 2020 04:19 PM PDT

    First 3 years(20 courses) are for the diploma and then 2 more years( 10 courses) for the bachelor of applied degree. I basically do kind of have bad time management so I thought that taking less courses like 2-3 at a time will be good for me, in getting a high gpa. I am taking 3 courses for lower level accounting courses and for regular courses and plan on taking 2 courses per semester when I reach those advanced accounting courses. I do commute on bus everyday which does take 3 hours off of my day. I go to a lower tier school.

    submitted by /u/Silly_Soft
    [link] [comments]

    Question on US Gold eagle coins.

    Posted: 23 May 2020 09:25 PM PDT

    Us gold coins are considered legal tender according to my google search.

    https://www.apmex.com/product/171251/2019-1-oz-gold-american-eagle-bu

    This coin has a stamped value of $50 US

    Would it be legal (from a taxing standpoint) in this scenario.

    Person A provides Person B a service normally valued in US currency at $2000.

    Person A charges Person B $50 US minted Gold coin.

    Person A claims income of $50 US.

    Thank You.

    submitted by /u/cecil353912
    [link] [comments]

    Finance Major w/ a Big4 Internship Offer / need advice!

    Posted: 23 May 2020 09:04 PM PDT

    Hi!

    not sure if this is the best thread for this but I figured I'd give it a shot.

    I received an offer with a B4 firm as an intern. However, I think im really interested in a career in finance, particularly in buy side or even I banking in the future. i understand i gain experience with financial statements and exposure to larger clients that may be relevant however...

    is it better for me to focus on getting an internship more focused in my career rather than with audit/tax and the B4 accounting name? also with covid I feel like it makes recruiting even more difficult than ever so it makes me nervous to make that jump.

    do buy side firms and i banking value big 4 internships or will it be harder for me without a pe, ib or wm internship?

    submitted by /u/confused_unistudent
    [link] [comments]

    Can you guys please give Tips and details about accounting?

    Posted: 23 May 2020 08:56 PM PDT

    I'm 15 years old but I want to learn more about accounting and see if I could maybe do it in the future.

    submitted by /u/REDX1k
    [link] [comments]

    can someone explain my sales tax to me? thanks

    Posted: 23 May 2020 08:53 PM PDT

    Oil and gas related accounting / tax question

    Posted: 23 May 2020 04:58 PM PDT

    I have two questions. Would really appreciate some help :)

    To get after tax interest expense, if the effective tax rate is say 280% for an oil and gas company, do you effectively receive money to borrow money? As your now after tax interest expense is negative. Or if there is something else behind it?

    Also, what's the usual reason why effective tax rate is over 100% for an integrated oil and gas company?

    Thank you so much!

    submitted by /u/takingtheAtrain
    [link] [comments]

    Salary increases amidst this pandemic?

    Posted: 23 May 2020 08:43 PM PDT

    Has anyone asked/is planning on asking for a raise? That is, if they are still on the table? This is the first time I've been in a job that didn't pay minimum wage and was already curious about the process of negotiating pay raises, now even more curious given the situation. What are your guys' plans?

    submitted by /u/Jaleopeno
    [link] [comments]

    Asking to receive signing bonus early

    Posted: 23 May 2020 04:35 PM PDT

    I was slated to start at Big4 this summer, but because of Corona that got pushed until Fall. Now I was planning on moving into an apartment during the fall, but won't be able to because of my later start date. I was told I'd receive my signing bonus within a few weeks of starting work and was wondering if it would be appropriate to ask for my signing bonus before starting work in order to help with signing the lease and purchasing furniture. What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/idkusername6iguess
    [link] [comments]

    Resume Help

    Posted: 23 May 2020 04:31 PM PDT

    Resume Help

    I am a recent graduate this spring with a B.A. degree in Accounting. I am just now getting ready to apply for some jobs and would greatly appreciate any feedback on my resume. I know it is awfully weak but unfortunately, during my college tenure I wasn't able to get an internship or be a major participant in many of my school's clubs/associations due to my obligation to my family's ranch/farm. Please don't go easy and thank you to all who provide help/advice.

    https://preview.redd.it/hc7yr02enl051.png?width=615&format=png&auto=webp&s=0ad4cb0ece5e6ef3275a4f0e766d6ec6df2e0587

    submitted by /u/btp_23
    [link] [comments]

    Need opinions and advice on possible tax fraud

    Posted: 23 May 2020 07:55 PM PDT

    Hello , I'll try my best to keep this as short as possible.I have a very close friend with three children single and female and extremely naive. She was approached by another "so-called "friend about using her dependents on another tax return , someone else's tax return .Now she is naive but she's not f****** stupid, so that did not happen however, she agreed with this so-called friend to "allow" her to file her taxes for her, (my friend). I have no idea why my friend would allow this,but yes she's stupid. Now what happened was this ,the so-called friend brought her cash money explaining to my friend this was the amount of her return. No copies of tax returns nothing. The amount she gave seem to be close to what it should have been , it was about two to three thousand dollars off that's how close it was. My friend has requested several times for copies all of her tax returns but to no avail . This is what I think happened. I don't think she ever filed for my friend I think she filed with my friends dependents on another tax return and used my friends dependents, as what she originally wanted to do,making a very substantial financial gain from this. Either way it's a damn mess. I promise I realized how ridiculous this is but I would greatly greatly appreciate advice from you guys hat type of recourse would my friend have in your professional opinion ,I need advice. Thank you for reading this out I sure hope it's making sense thank you!

    submitted by /u/scouple19
    [link] [comments]

    Which Classes were Most Beneficial?

    Posted: 23 May 2020 07:52 PM PDT

    I feel stuck

    Posted: 23 May 2020 04:04 PM PDT

    So I graduated this past December with a degree in Finance and after 6 months of job searching finally landed a job as a payroll admin, my ultimate goal is to be a financial analyst, but I know that's very hard to do without an internship or accounting experience. I've worked 5 years in retail and am burnt out on it, but I've been reading a lot lately that if you get into those AR/AP/payroll clerical roles you basically get stuck which is definitely not what I want. Any advice on if it's possible to move on up?

    submitted by /u/riyad1
    [link] [comments]

    Too early for internship?

    Posted: 23 May 2020 07:48 PM PDT

    I finished my sophomore year at college and recently switched to an accounting major. I was a CS major and most of the courses I've taken up until now were my Gen Ed. and CSC courses. When I switched majors my accounting professor told me that I should apply for internships and I assume this is to gain experience. My concern is that I wouldn't qualify for one at this time. I've taken only two accounting courses, Financial and Managerial Accounting. I would say that I have the bare basics under my belt. Starting next week I'll be taking a summer course in Intermediate Accounting and in the fall intermediate II. Would I even be considered for an internship with how little education I have in accounting and no experience?

    submitted by /u/Pocho592
    [link] [comments]

    Will I Be Asked Why I Was in School For So Long?

    Posted: 23 May 2020 07:29 PM PDT

    This will be my 6th year and I'm not slated to graduate until my 7th or midway through 8th year. I was an English major my first 2 years, went abroad my 3rd year, and 4th year was used to take a bunch of business prerequisites before my first accounting class. I'm kind of worried I will be asked why it took so long to graduate during my first batch of job/internship interviews. It already hurts telling people I'm a (super) senior when I'm not even in my intermediate accounting classes, yet. Will they have judgements about me as opposed to people who graduate on time? Can I just not put my "entrance" year and only put my "expected grad" date on resumes?

    submitted by /u/EquilibriumDreams
    [link] [comments]

    [CAN] [Ontario] If i take CPA Preparatory courses, does that mean I will NOT be able to go to public accounting or get a public license?

    Posted: 23 May 2020 03:39 PM PDT

    Ontario, Canada

    So I read a comment somewhere on reddit that said people who take preparatory courses cannot go into public accounting or something?

    So I have a uni degree from a different degree and going into accounting now and want to know the best possible path but don't want to limit myself so anyone have anything to suggest regarding this? Also. I have no idea what the comment meant; what is public accounting license exactly and do I need it? For reference I want to work in either a big 4 or industry or something else but again don't want to limit myself.

    Any suggestions?

    I'm in Ontario so if you know good ways to achieve my goals without doing cpa preparatory courses then let me know.

    submitted by /u/GreatestEverEver
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment