• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 26, 2020

    How can I improve my career during this quarantine time off Sales and Selling

    How can I improve my career during this quarantine time off Sales and Selling


    How can I improve my career during this quarantine time off

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 07:36 AM PDT

    Long story short, COVID19 resulted in a lay off of our entire sales floor. I'm assuming the job hunt will be extremely long and grueling, but I want to use my time off to hopefully put myself in a great position when companies start hiring again. What can I do during this time that I can either put on my resume, bring up in an interview, or will at least help me out down the road?

    Some things I'm thinking are online classes, linkedin learning, any tech seminars or learnings I can download (I'm in NYC tech sales). I'm open to all ideas and hopefully this will help some others in this sub that are dealing with the same.

    submitted by /u/scruffy_nerf_turder
    [link] [comments]

    SaaS cold calling and booking in the age of coronavirus

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 09:47 AM PDT

    Hey fellas,

    Just wanted to share some success I've seen in the past week changing my cold calling methodology to book. Note: I work in enterprise sales and am cold calling F2000 enterprises - SMB is an entirely different ballgame right now.

    1. Only call high levels. Do not waste your time right now with people below the decision line. Executives with a long tenure at the company have their eyes set on the horizon. They are less worried about being shown the door and are more receptive to a vendor call.
    2. Capitalize on COVID to build rapport. Outside of this crisis I swore by selling to value and value alone. Nobody wants to be on a cold call so get to the point of why exactly you are calling them. This has changed now. This is an opportunity to set yourself apart in these uncertain times. Ask how they are doing with this. I booked this morning with a C-level at a F100 bank and opened the call by just asking how things were in his home city and talking about the lines at grocery stores. I said maybe one sentence about our tech. Be human.
    3. Acknowledge that things have changed on the business side. In transitioning away from rapport building to closing for a meeting - take the objection away from them. Say "now I am fully aware of how things have changed with this crisis, IT budgets have been slashed and projects have been re-prioritized but I'm calling you for a reason. I'd love to offer an introduction to our technology to keep you apprised of best practices we've seen so you can exit these times firing on all cylinders."

    Top of the funnel objective is the same as always - book meetings. If you are fortunate enough to have kept your job, ensure that you will keep it throughout the quarantine by filling the pipe for when business gets rolling again.

    submitted by /u/enjoipanda33
    [link] [comments]

    Laid off from car sales. Next step?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 12:38 PM PDT

    I got laid off from my dealership. I had only been there for 7 months, and it was my first car sales job. I have no degree, but 4 years of a sales background.

    I learned a shit ton, grew a ton, formed countless relationships, and did well. I was top 1 or 2 for the last 2 months, feel like I was really starting to get it and hit my stride.

    But with that being said, I'm young and single. I got laid off because we have 19 sales people, and 10 of them have been there for 10+ years and have a family to feed. So they kept their jobs out of seniority, and experience.

    Anyways, I'm kind of bitter about the whole thing. A couple of those old guys barely even push out 5 units/month anymore. They are just there for the benefits and they never follow up with internet leads or use the CRM. Just shitty old salesmen who are just there to continue servicing precious customers, and don't put any effort into finding new customers.

    Either way, I'm out of a job now. Fine, I get it. It's slow and they want to support the older loyal guys who have been there forever. But still, it feels shitty.

    I'm wondering where to go from here.

    Should I apply to another dealership? Word around town is nobody is really hiring for the foreseeable future, until this whole virus goes away and people start buying cars again.

    Should I branch out to other sales roles? Maybe try and get a job with ADP? Try and get into software or medical sales? They're big in my town and used to always have ads up, but not at the moment.

    It kind of seems like everyone is shutting down at the moment for the most part. No real job ads out there right now in my small city.

    I'm really just looking for some guidance from older guys here. What would you recommend at the moment?

    From what I understand, the whole car business is slow as shit right now, and probably will be until at least May or June...and even then, all the people who lost jobs or had reduced hours/schedules won't have the money to come buy a car. I'm just unsure about the car business at the moment, not sure if I wanna try and get back in. And I may be completely wrong, because like I said I had only 7 months experience so I'm still not sure.

    What would you do? Do you guys still have jobs? Any other car salesmen who got laid off here? What are your plans?

    I love sales. Love the grind. Love the paychecks. Love talking to people and forming new relationship, love selling 4 trucks in 1 deal to a contractor. It's addicting, and I want to keep at sales whether that be cars or anything else. It's awesome and I really enjoy it.

    submitted by /u/coco4shade
    [link] [comments]

    Freemium model and Sales Quotas

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 12:56 PM PDT

    Hey everybody,

    A little background on our company before I pose the question -

    Company Name: Negotiatus

    Industry: B2B SaaS

    Ideal Company: SMB - Fast-Growing - Health, Wellness & Fitness, Coworking/Coliving Companies, Physical Therapy, Medical Clinics, Rehabilitation Centers, Property Management

    Ideal Prospect: Operations & Finance - Director Level and above

    How we are helping clients right now: We have a network of 3,000+ vendors around the country and are helping companies get vital supplies during this crisis that they otherwise would not be able to source on their own.

    SDRs: 6

    AEs: 4

    Okay - So right now because of this crisis, we pivoted our sales strategy to a freemium model to help out businesses struggling to get vital supplies. What I am struggling with is trying to figure out how to attribute annual recurring revenue (ARR) to these "Freemium" deals.

    We want to keep bringing these deals in, but ARR has been the metric for achieving quota and now that technically there is no ARR attached to these deals, I have to figure out a new system.

    How do we attribute quota in this scenario? Do we attribute the ARR now assuming that they come on for a certain deal size in 2 months when they hopefully convert? Do we attribute the ARR to the month they actually convert in 2-3 months' time? Do we attribute a portion of the ARR now and some later when they convert? OR maybe ARR is the wrong way to look at quota for these deals.

    I would love to know how others report on this/go about this.

    submitted by /u/Mmetr
    [link] [comments]

    105 Timeless Psychological Patterns To Help You Get Better At Sales

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 11:20 AM PDT

    Also, while you are at home, you can use this time to better understand human nature.

    A few days ago, I posted a snippet in r/sales about a project related to psychological patterns that I was working on. And a lot of you asked me to share the entire pattern library with you. So here you go... It's open for you all.

    I wanted to know, how would you guys use these patterns in your own context. :)

    TL;DR : Go here directly: https://copatterns.com/

    Background: I am a Filmmaker turned Growth Marketer turned Behavioral Designer. I started CoPatterns as a side-project in January 2019. The idea was to figure out how to make insights from psychology more accessible for makers & entrepreneurs. And I started creating a library of psychological patterns. It has been evolving ever since with more and more people (my friends who are marketers & sales reps) using this library to guide their work.

    I think this will add phenomenal value to people who want to build powerful products, campaigns, courses, content, ads or anything that humans interact with.

    The problem was, most of these insights were hidden away in boring research papers or Wikipedia pages. My objective was to make this knowledge accessible for myself and for others.

    I spent more than a year to research & digest this knowledge. In last 6 months, I converted it into a more friendly language and started testing with myself and my clients. With impressive results.

    I have decided to open up this library to anyone who wants to use it for their benefit. If you would like to help spread this to more people who can benefit, please feel free to share it forward. :)

    Here is the library : https://copatterns.com/

    submitted by /u/prathameshkrisang
    [link] [comments]

    To folks working in financial services, what is your strategy to calm down your clients? Investments and 401ks have dwindled quite a bit in the past month.

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 08:22 PM PDT

    Has anyone been kept on but doing a completely different role?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 08:40 AM PDT

    I've worked in sales for 13 yrs but due to COVID-19 nearly my whole sales division basically got laid off. I have been kept on but was told to change my role "tenporarily" - a technical web development role. For reference i have NEVER worked in web development. I have had training and already bored out of my mind - there is no commission so i'm already getting so demotivated. When i shared this will some colleagues in other departments they thought i was joking - people who have this role study for it!!!!!

    Full disclosure I should be happy to have a job and am truly grateful but even after all this blows over my old role may take ages to come to fruition, even if i do get it back.

    Is anyone else been forced to do something completely different in this climate?

    submitted by /u/CherryadeLimon
    [link] [comments]

    LinkedIn navigator

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 10:30 AM PDT

    Hi there I was wondering if anyone out there has experience with LinkedIn Navigator and would be willing to share their thoughts positive or negative.

    submitted by /u/danielzillions
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the most you’ve made from a commission sale?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 01:33 PM PDT

    Best Version Media?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 01:18 PM PDT

    What do you guys think of this company? I found it while searching for sales jobs in my area and decided to give it a try at applying. Has anyone worked here? Did you like it? How was the commission? From my research on the better business bureau it seems their contracts are a bit of a problem.

    submitted by /u/02gtguy
    [link] [comments]

    What angle would you guys pursue if you had access to large quantities of 100ml bottles of hand sanitizer and paper masks?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 01:16 PM PDT

    So we have a shipment of a few of those items coming in in a week or so. Obviously my first order of priority is to contact medical facilities in dire need, the blood bank is one of those organizations that has contacted us, we are not gouging like some of the other providers. But after that who would you guys pursue to sell the remainder? Retail, online, distribution networks?

    Hoping for some good ideas! If anyone has a plug that would be interested feel free to contact me.

    Items: 100ml bottles of 75% alc Hand Sanitizer/ KN95 Masks/ Standard Surgical Paper Masks

    submitted by /u/Monkitail
    [link] [comments]

    Commission for digital marketing agency sales rep?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 01:16 PM PDT

    How much commission do account executives typically make at creative agencies? Selling video, 3D animations, things of that nature for major electronic manufacturers and the like?

    submitted by /u/Snipermomxxx
    [link] [comments]

    Best technical skills to learn for a SaaS salesperson

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 08:49 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I have some time on my hands and would like to level up.

    I'm currently selling Marketing Software.

    Which of these skills would be most helpful?

    • Salesforce certs
    • Google certs
    • Hubspot certs
    • Programming?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/yeahsurf
    [link] [comments]

    We are having a best "Home Office Decorations" contest at work — Any Ideas??

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 10:58 AM PDT

    These types of contest are usually not my thing but it is being highly encouraged we all participate.

    Hoping some of you funny, witty, fellow sales peeps of mine might have some ideas.

    No guideline on how / what type of decorations, it just can't be illegal or break company policies.

    P.S. my only idea is to hang my pictures of my dogs faces around my office space.. lol yeeaa... please help me haha

    submitted by /u/Awkward-Eye-Contact
    [link] [comments]

    Selling over the phone when you're used to a handshake

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 10:47 AM PDT

    I've been successfully running a web development business for the last ten years. Prior to that, I was in advertising sales. With both of these businesses, the sales process has been very face-to-face.

    Througout my sales process, my "next step" after an initial call is always a meeting. I can talk to the prospect–uninterrupted–for an hour or so. I can be visual. I can show people what we do and why we do it. I read body language, answer hidden objections, etc. Once I get a face-to-face meeting I have a closing rate of over 90%.

    But now...I can't do meetings. I get lost on the initial phone call because I don't know how to follow up at the end. I don't have that interaction where I know if people are engaged or if their mind is wandering.

    What are you face-to-face salespeople doing to overcome this? Have you found success in Zoom/Skype/GtM? What else is working or not working?

    submitted by /u/cjasonac
    [link] [comments]

    Virtual conferences tips?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 06:37 AM PDT

    I'll be running a virtual booth at Oktane next week... never thought we'd have to do something like this, but we are. I'm curious if anyone has had success with these virtual events, and what sort of tips you could give me to walk away with a few leads.

    The vendor running the virtual conference is Inxpo. There is a chat feature enabled when prospects come up to the "table", but i'm not quite sure what sort of messaging would make sense to make it conversational.

    Would you advice creating a few different scripts to copy and paste into the chat when someone stops by?

    Anyone know what sort of data is auto collected from each visitor? (email, title, company, location, etc)

    Fish out of water here.

    submitted by /u/plantguy2312
    [link] [comments]

    Email tool to create drafts?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 10:21 AM PDT

    Hi sales friends,

    I have a contact database of ~4,000 people and I routinely want to write to small groups (50-200 people) but be able to customize the messages beyond a simple mail merge. What would be great would be to have an application that can pull a list of contacts and basic fields (example: Name, Organization) and insert those fields into a standard email, but instead of sending those emails straight away, it would just save them as a draft and I could go through each one and add an extra line manually before sending any individual email.

    Here's a (snarky) example of a prospecting campaign to demonstrate:

    Hi [firstname],

    How about that Coronavirus, amirite?

    [custom line example: Luckily I have a lot of practice of taking Zoom calls in my underwear (remember that crazy weekend?) so things are looking OK.]

    I'm sure things at [organization] are hectic too but if you'd like to give me some money I'll take it.

    Thanks bud,

    Dilshad

    Right now the way I'm doing this is pulling a custom list of contacts into Sheets and doing a lot of copying and pasting. For 100 people, this takes me 3-4 hours and I know there has to be a better way! My company currently uses Airtable as our central contact DB, Pipedrive for deal tracking, prospect.io for email discovery and some drip campaigns (low success so far), and Google Suite for email/docs.

    Any and all advice would be welcome. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/DilshadZhou
    [link] [comments]

    This is one of the few times that inserting “ hope all is well” in e-mails would be generally acceptable

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 09:55 AM PDT

    People usually don't like that in an email (think it's insincere) but I never mind if it's put in. Hope all is well with everyone here.

    submitted by /u/Str8UpHonkey
    [link] [comments]

    Legal/Tax Implications of Referral Programs?

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 09:44 AM PDT

    I've been batting around some ideas to help out people with temporary work during the current downturn and am starting to settle on the idea of a referral program. Basically, if an individual can set a meeting with a small business for me or one of my sales folks, I'll ship them a gift card.

    Does anyone have experience with how referral programs work? I feel like this is simpler than setting up a 1099 plan, as the individuals would have to have their LLC set up in advance. On the individual's side, they would receive a gift card (and technically should report as income, but let's be real). Wondering if I could write it off as a simple marketing expense?

    Any tips or tricks from anyone as well? My plan would involve the basic training, some scripts, and maybe a lead list to call on.

    submitted by /u/FIGoat
    [link] [comments]

    My boss wants me to go out and meet with a client in a crowded public place. I don't feel comfortable doing that given the virus situation.

    Posted: 26 Mar 2020 09:09 AM PDT

    What to do?

    submitted by /u/pocketsked
    [link] [comments]

    What are innovative companies saying or doing for cold outreach right now?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 06:18 PM PDT

    I'm curious what innovative companies are saying to prospects on cold outreaches right now? I sell what is essentially a CRM to law firms and our pipeline has dried up. We're having a really tough time getting firms to try us out for a demo this week and I'm looking for ideas of what others are successfully doing to book meetings right now.

    submitted by /u/Ho_Pack_Ho
    [link] [comments]

    ZoomInfo alternatives?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 07:24 PM PDT

    I'm a small business owner looking to get info on my local prospects and reaching the DMs (usually the CEO or CFO in my line of work). I like ZoomInfo for its comprehensive data and accuracy when it comes to Company Size, Email and Phone info. This enables me to make sure I'm talking to a qualified prospect. Cons are it comes in at a hefty price point considering we only have two employees at our firm.

    Has anyone tried any alternatives to ZoomInfo or have any suggestions for small business contact?

    I've already tried linked in sales nav, nimble, and D&B Hoovers. Pipedrive is my CRM.

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/mugiwarashanks
    [link] [comments]

    Verkada Sales

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 05:20 PM PDT

    Does anyone here work at / have experience with Verkada? It seems like they're a startup that's doing very well and growing rapidly and I was looking into their open positions. Was hoping to speak with anyone who has any experience there! What're your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/redtikifox
    [link] [comments]

    Leaked Jordan Belfort Course?

    Posted: 25 Mar 2020 09:30 PM PDT

    For some time now i've been meaning to ask if there's anyone that has the the jordan belfort course or some other marketplace that it's on sale or even free. Would be highly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/drereps
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment