• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 5, 2020

    Business Clock is ticking for companies that depend on China imports

    Business Clock is ticking for companies that depend on China imports


    Clock is ticking for companies that depend on China imports

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 12:33 PM PST

    Bernie Sanders' surge in the polls could hit the S&P 500 with Iowa Caucus vote due this week, analysts warn

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 01:17 PM PST

    NYSE Owner Bids to Take Over eBay. Intercontinental Exchange, owner of the New York Stock Exchange, made a takeover offer for eBay that could value the online marketplace at more than $30 billion.

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 12:58 PM PST

    Building a corporate website? Check why CTOs of big companies choose Drupal

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 01:17 AM PST

    Business websites are more important then they ever were and if a business wants to communicate effectively, it needs a great website. Deciding on how, where, when - these days is not a simple task. Choosing the right technology plays a big part in the success of your company. Could any licence-free software meet high expectations of modern business environment? Sure, and see how!

    submitted by /u/Droptica
    [link] [comments]

    Hello , in dire need here.

    Posted: 05 Feb 2020 12:49 AM PST

    Should I be paid if I set up a meeting with a friends company and my contact who is in quite a big post an? If the business owner takes their service, should I get commission or part of their earning through said project ?

    submitted by /u/siddhant1991
    [link] [comments]

    Why I became an entrepreneur, and what I learned along the way (Part 2)

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 11:26 PM PST

    Please see part 1 in a previous post.

    One of the first thing I learned about starting a business is: the timing always sucks!

    I can guarantee you that there is never a good time, and you just have to get started. I don't believe that there is an easy way to get started, i.e., setting aside two years of living expenses or making sure all parts of your life are in order. I would still be thinking about going into business 22 years later if I had waited until everything was perfect. It just doesn't work like that. The stars never align, the timing is never perfect.

    When I was a kid there was a high dive at the local public pool during the summer. It scared the hell out of an eight year old Jerry. Finally, one summer I climbed up the ladder, walked out to the end of the board, looked down at the water and...stood there. Scared shitless about what I was about to do. I wanted to turn around and climb down, but too many kids behind me were yelling at me. Some encouraging, some, let's just say, were not as encouraging.

    Finally I worked up the courage to jump. And surprise surprise, I didn't die! Not only did I not die, but I flourished. As soon as I climbed out of the water, I ran back to the board, up the ladder, and jumped without thinking about it. By the end of the day I was doing cannonballs on a dead run off that sucker.

    Obviously, the moral of the story is: when deciding to start a business, you have to climb up on the high dive, walk to the edge, take that leap of faith and huck yourself into the deep end. You have no idea what you're capable of until you are challenged.

    It is the risk that drives you to be successful. But you will want to try and minimize the exposure as much as you can. For me, it was the chance of failure that drove me. You cannot reduce the impact the fear of failure will have on you. That risk, be it mouths to feed or merely self-preservation, is powerful.

    You will never get over thoughts of possible failure, or regret at what you have done. However, and this is a mistake many fledgling business owners make, you cannot let the downside risk control the decision-making. If I did, I would never had gone out and started anything.

    Starting a business from scratch is, in my estimation, one of the hardest things you will ever do. It will be the hardest decision you will ever make, with the possible outcome being complete failure.

    You just never know. And all the planning in the world won't change that. I'm not saying that you don't do your homework, just don't let it freeze your decision making.

    Look for part three of my series coming soon.

    submitted by /u/JerryBrazie
    [link] [comments]

    Council Post: Amazon's End Game

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 07:51 AM PST

    Startup Entrepreneurs -- Bootstrapping vs. Raising Capital

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 11:08 AM PST

    The idea of seeking venture capital funding is so prevalent today that it often seems like a required step for any entrepreneur starting a new business. Not to mention the fact that raising billions of dollars for your startup is one of the quickest ways to earn breathless adoration and land yourself on the cover of business magazines.

    But the reality is most business owners don't actually raise capital from outside investors to launch their companies.

    Rather, the most common sources of funding for entrepreneurs are personal savings, debt (in the form of bank loans and credit cards), and gifts or loans from family and friends. By necessity, founders who bootstrap their businesses need to prioritize profit overgrowth and minimize risk as much as possible since their and their loved ones' money is on the line.

    I have spent a lot of time studying entrepreneurs who take this approach to business and I even coined a term for them: I call them "bedrock entrepreneurs."

    They make up 99.5% of all entrepreneurs who create the vast majority of all the new wealth generated by entrepreneurs in developed economies, like the United States.

    Bedrock entrepreneurs include average folks like you and me, as well as some of the most successful and recognizable entrepreneurs of all time, such as Bill Gates, Sam Walton and Walt Disney. Whether they run small businesses or massive enterprises that generate billions of dollars, they all operate with the same mindset.

    They build their businesses without raising capital from strangers and then grow their companies with control and patience. They start businesses that are inherently profitable or can become very profitable quickly. And at least in the beginning, they make business decisions based on how much money they have immediate access to rather than planning the business and then finding money later.

    This approach is certainly less sexy than the approach of "shooting for the moon using other people's money," but for most entrepreneurs, it's the right one.

    Why?

    Taking money from strangers is always risky. Many entrepreneurs who do so end up losing control of their business or even being fired. Entrepreneurs who raise lots of money to fund audacious business objectives also fail at a much higher rate than bedrock entrepreneurs. (The success rate is about 30% for bedrock entrepreneurs and 1 in 500 for high-risk entrepreneurs.)

    When I started my last business, I made the decision to raise money from investors, in addition to putting in some of my own money into the company. My reasoning was that I needed to grow faster than my competition in order to gain a competitive edge. But when the business hit a few roadblocks in the early years, I was nearly kicked out of my own company by my investors. Luckily I was able to keep my job in the end, but it was a terrifying experience.

    Certainly, there is a time and place for "high-risk entrepreneurship," as I like to call it. With the support of venture capital, high-risk entrepreneurs can create companies that grow faster than the companies of bedrock entrepreneurs, especially when economies of scale or network effects provide a competitive advantage over everyone else.

    But most entrepreneurs don't fall into this category, and for them, raising capital from investors is often a bad idea.

    submitted by /u/amusing_racer
    [link] [comments]

    Asking for a loan for my artist business

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 06:25 PM PST

    Hi Guys,

    I'm in a bit of a difficult situation and need some advice

    So, my background. I'm an artist from London and I'm trying to make a living selling artworks and teaching various evening classes at local venues such as life drawing and private tuition.

    However I'm not in the position to start any of this at the moment. I currently work at a chain restaurant serving Pizza on minimum wage and very inflexible long hours meaning I can't plan my life week by week. Its a new job I took on just so that I could cover the cost of my rent and food. But at the end of each month I have hardly any money left over to make art with, I also have hardly any time to make art either.

    So, I need money and time. I need some space in order to set myself up effectively and properly. The business model is simple, Buy art materials and equipment and rent a purpose built artist studio, all of which should cost me £1000 or more per month if I'm buying proper materials in large quantities and not being frugal about it. Then promoting my work in various ways online and in public and selling artworks and various other artistic products such as prints and services such as drawing classes for anything from £200-£2000 or more.

    So I need time and money. Making art at the end of my 45 hour per week job at this pizza joint isn't going to be enough, I need 100% of my time to focus on this business. So, shall I borrow money from the bank and how much? Shall I set up a limited company? Set up as a sole trader? get a business bank account? apply for a business loan? How do I start? What do I do? How long should it take? When can I leave my job? Also I dont think my credit rating is that good...

    Thanks for all of your advice in advance, you guys are the best.

    submitted by /u/DanielGSoares
    [link] [comments]

    Company expension is the beginning of the end for the company?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 02:28 PM PST

    My current place is expending aggressively from hiring, leasing new offices to just acquiring companies.

    Several colleagues of mine were talking that the company is looking good now (or riding the "high of extra cash" since they close all their NY offices (which are HQs - hint, layoffs) and moved all offices and production to cheaper and rural places - hence we speculate the extra cash spending) but it will be all downhill afterwards.

    Do you think what's been speculated to be true? As in it will go downhill after things settle down? Should I be extra careful?

    submitted by /u/runnersgo
    [link] [comments]

    Clothing Brand/Business

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 06:04 PM PST

    So me and a couple of my friends are trying to make a clothing brand/business, and I was wondering if anyone knows where to buy good quality bulk clothing of any sort that is not too pricey. (sorry if this isnt the right place to ask)

    submitted by /u/SeaMunchers
    [link] [comments]

    Scammer Alert - Surgical Mask Wholesaler

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 05:30 AM PST

    Our company got scammed by Trade Celmar Poland EUR32,0000. They promised a supply of 3M N95 mask. We paid the money. They kept delaying the supply by giving excuses. Now they are not replying and the number on their website celmartradings.pl is a disconnected line. Beware! Trade Celmar Poland

    submitted by /u/TradeCelmar
    [link] [comments]

    yoooo how would i go about patenting an idea or design and i would i be able to fund it ? any answer helps ��

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 04:41 PM PST

    wassup ya i just got a quick question about owning an idea, design or invention ? how much would i have to save up ? any answers help folks ya stay up :)

    submitted by /u/dxegs
    [link] [comments]

    Multiple streams of income

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 04:20 PM PST

    So I am 18 and dont have too much money, but I would like to start having more than one method of getting money, and if possible are their any that makes good profit and have a low risk?

    submitted by /u/retardoricardo01
    [link] [comments]

    Visa planning biggest changes to U.S. swipe fees in a decade

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 06:59 AM PST

    A turnover rate usually refers to how frequently employees are replaced in a company. Is there a similar kind of rate for how often businesses (in a specific area) fail and are replaced?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 11:20 AM PST

    I was making a spreadsheet with all of shops in my town (Scotland) by editing a list that had been made a couple of years ago and noticed that ~20% of businesses had failed in the past two years. Is 10%/year significant?

    submitted by /u/AurelStein
    [link] [comments]

    yoooo how would i go about patenting an idea or design and i would i be able to fund it ? any answer helps ��

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 02:13 PM PST

    wassup ya i just got a quick question about owning an idea, design or invention ? how much would i have to save up ? any answers help folks ya stay up :)

    submitted by /u/dxegs
    [link] [comments]

    How do incompetent corporations continue to exist?

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 01:43 PM PST

    Airbnb, for instance. If you've ever had an issue with them, you'll find that they take up a lot of your time and the issue may never get resolved. Be it a technical issue or an issue with a host. I've never seen such a large company that continues to display such a high level of incompetence. It's remarkable that they don't have a direct competitor, yet.

    Besides lacking competition, how do businesses exist while having a disgruntled customer base?

    submitted by /u/OneOfMyFavorite
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you for your serious advice

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 12:12 PM PST

    I have some items that can be sold well but I don't know how to get them out there. After calculating Amazon fees and other similar websites I don't think that I'll earn much and I want to sell them out ASAP. What are some good ways to do it

    submitted by /u/Loftlilly
    [link] [comments]

    Beverage startup

    Posted: 04 Feb 2020 10:22 AM PST

    I'm looking to start a beverage business; what legal steps would I have to take for this type of business/where can I find information about this?

    submitted by /u/Pyrodor80
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment