• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 1, 2020

    Accounting To all seniors who laugh in a first year’s face when they don’t understand something and ask a question about it:

    Accounting To all seniors who laugh in a first year’s face when they don’t understand something and ask a question about it:


    To all seniors who laugh in a first year’s face when they don’t understand something and ask a question about it:

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 11:50 AM PST

    Fuck you.

    That's all. Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/collegestudent5568
    [link] [comments]

    Exit Interview after busy season

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 02:13 PM PST

    To the seniors that take the time out and don’t mind dropping everything to take time out and actually make sure you understand what you have to do.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 02:12 PM PST

    Thank you for everything. You rock 😊.

    submitted by /u/Bilalzahid26
    [link] [comments]

    When you file on Monday and CANVAS STOPS WORKING

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 08:13 AM PST

    Although, death doesn't sound too bad right now

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 08:51 PM PST

    Shout out to everyone working today who just found out they will also be working tomorrow!

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 12:21 PM PST

    Pretty cool

    submitted by /u/Skrichael
    [link] [comments]

    Me Explaining the Qualifying Child Tie-Breaker Rules

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 11:16 AM PST

    The Green Dot

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 09:15 PM PST

    $23,000 of prepaid salary, maybe?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 06:14 PM PST

    First week in B4 as experienced hire, already had my first cry in my career

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 07:56 PM PST

    I know it couldn't be a worse timing and the stress is beyond imagination. I was super comfortable at my local firm and then I got bored. Now I'm looking at the systems, process and WPs that I can't understand and feeling like I didn't learn anything from my last job.

    At least i didn't cry in the bathroom. I did it at home in front of my husband... freaked him out. Lol

    submitted by /u/readredacc
    [link] [comments]

    Me at the beginning of each engagement

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 01:51 PM PST

    How to effectively train new teammates ?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 05:35 PM PST

    Hey Guys,

    Saw the post about seniors not know how to each first years. Umm, I'm becoming a senior myself and I was wondering how to help the first years ?

    What are some successful teaching advice / methods ?

    submitted by /u/aznology
    [link] [comments]

    When I've submitted my tax return early and want my money.

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 01:43 PM PST

    Tactical AJEs inbound

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 10:54 PM PST

    Toxic environment in industry - should I just leave?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 04:21 PM PST

    This is in industry. It's the most toxic environment I've ever been in. I make six figures and have only been there for a little over a year, but it's killing me.

    Basically, I came on in a senior role and discovered that the projects I had been assigned to had been a mess for years. Years. Numbers had been plugged to force things to tie. Even management didn't know what was going on with these projects, despite the fact that the projects affected literally the entire department. I was shocked that this was going on in a corporate accounting setting.

    Then, I noticed that people were allowed to get away with horrible things. Gossip, lying, bullying. Making fun of people's physical appearance. Being outright cruel, with a total lack of professionalism. Especially towards women. Things that would never fly in any company I'd previously worked for. But these behaviors were welcome and even encouraged at this workplace. In fact, THE most toxic individuals were the ones who got promoted.

    It's basically an environment of, "I'm the one who's in power so I can do whatever I want and you have to obey me," even when those in power don't even know what they're doing, don't hold themselves accountable, treat others like dirt, and act like they're entitled to all of it.

    In my time there, I have had to report two male managers for harassment, and I know for a fact that the company has multiple lawsuits against it regarding sexual harassment. It is well known that morale is beyond low, but everyone is too afraid to speak up, for fear of being targeted.

    Should I just go?

    submitted by /u/everyoneexcept
    [link] [comments]

    Freaky dream

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 08:04 PM PST

    Anyone ever had a dream where you're working and working and working. Then, while you're in the process of waking up you realize you forgot to record your time and cant remember what you worked on so you panic. And then you fully wake up and realize how depressing your dream was after working 12+ hours the previous day.

    submitted by /u/Yennett
    [link] [comments]

    Where my tax people?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 06:38 AM PST

    I feel like this community is heavily weighted towards auditors, so where are my tax people at?! Our lives suck too! How's busy season going so far?

    submitted by /u/BizmooFunyuns
    [link] [comments]

    Surely nobody cheats on CPE........ right?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 04:21 PM PST

    I was finishing up my CPE requirements for my 30th consecutive year of being a licensed CPA and had the thought to do a Google search on "CPE fraud". The author brings up some interesting observations in the first article I found.

    https://goingconcern.com/if-you-can-t-admit-you-ve-committed-cpe-fraud-then-you-need-take-another-ethics-course/

    What do you think about claiming credit for CPE that took a fraction of the time awarded in credits? Are situational ethics such a thing? Should they be?

    Are there any horror stories out there of enforcement actions? I haven't heard of any.

    submitted by /u/-brokenarrow-
    [link] [comments]

    Lunch with old manager

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 07:06 AM PST

    I left public a few months ago for industry for what I thought would be greener pastures. Turns out I work just as much as I did in public. One of my old managers reached out and asked how my new job was. I told my old manager I didn't really like it and I wish I stayed. My old manager then asked if I would be interested in lunch. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/sleepurdays
    [link] [comments]

    Accrual-basis net income help?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 10:02 PM PST

    Problem; Rebel Technology maintains its records using cash-basis accounting. During the year, the company received cash from customers, $50,000, and paid cash for salaries, $21,900. At the beginning of the year, customers owe Rebel $1,100. By the end of the year, customers owe $8,000. At the beginning of the year, Rebel owes salaries of $7,000. At the end of the year, Rebel owes salaries of $4,000.

    I searched for help, and got an explanation by this:

    Cash received from customers during the year - amount owed by customers to Rebel at the beginning of the year + amount owed by customers to Rebel at the end of the year

    Cash paid as salaries during the year - amount owed by Rebel as salaries at the beginning of the year + amount owed by Rebel as salaries at the end of the year

    My question is why is it that we subtract the amount of the beginning of the year and add the amount at the end of the year? can you explain the steps as simple as you can plz ...

    submitted by /u/_Tempestt
    [link] [comments]

    Studying for the CPA

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 12:52 PM PST

    I'm a college senior and I am going to be graduating in May! I get a massive bonus from my employer if I pass all 4 parts of the exam by November. For reference I just purchased surgent, but I'm looking for any tips on passing in such a short amount of time!

    submitted by /u/wineygal
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment