• Breaking News

    Tuesday, November 26, 2019

    Accounting savage

    Accounting savage


    savage

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 06:09 PM PST

    Well. Urban dictionary is always right.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 03:05 PM PST

    Let's raise one to our lord and savior, Auto-Save

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 08:05 AM PST

    I knew this career path was worth it.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 03:02 PM PST

    Every time a girl ask me what I do and I say accounting....

    The look of non interest deep in her pupils makes my soul rise up with pride and accomplishment.

    Little does she know that I can work multiple worksheets on one 15 inch laptop. No mouse.

    submitted by /u/dontmakemedebityou
    [link] [comments]

    Sending that one big ass return off for review only to have it sent back the same day with 87 marks

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 12:54 PM PST

    This will be helpful at Thanksgiving.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 05:49 PM PST

    Welp

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 08:13 PM PST

    When work bleeds into your personal life...

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 04:07 PM PST

    Was just on the phone with my also-accountant mum and we were talking about different pets and I described their lifespan as "estimated useful lives oh wait fuck I meant life expectancy." I think I need a vacation, I'm lost in the sauce.

    submitted by /u/Original_Redman
    [link] [comments]

    I just can't think that way

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 03:47 PM PST

    No need for an accountant

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 11:37 AM PST

    Words you will never hear in public accounting

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 07:43 PM PST

    When you try to recall an e-mail after finding out you sent it to someone who really wasn't supposed to see it.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 09:17 PM PST

    Found this on Instagram and I’ll leave it right here

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 09:32 PM PST

    I have an internship for Summer 2020 at KPMG in the US. I haven’t received information yet as to the start date but generally what month does a summer internship start?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 07:24 PM PST

    CoWorker has a problem with my schedule.

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 05:13 AM PST

    Hey guys, long time lurker.

    I work in a small local firm wherein I am the youngest accountant by probably 25 years. I've got three young kids and I'm kind of an early riser, so a few days a week I come in and work 6-2 instead of my usual 9-5. Recently, one of the old crones I work with started taking issue with my early bird lifestyle and makes shitty comments every time i do it, even going so far as to come in early herself just to talk shit. Now, I am here, of course, through my own qualifications... however it's no insignificant fact that it's my uncle who's name is on the door, and this had led to accusations of nepotism. He has approved my schedule.

    What is the best way to deal with this?

    submitted by /u/Regular_Ol_Guy
    [link] [comments]

    Big mood lol

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 09:30 AM PST

    Worst Coworker you've ever had?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 02:07 PM PST

    Too lazy, too uptight, too dumb, too slow, whatever it is! Who is the one person you have worked with that you could not stand?

    For me it was a staff at my last company that was def one of those 'fake-it-til-you-make-it'. The guy was an Econ major that went back to school post unemployment to get a Masters in accounting. Manager decided to hire him solely because they were from the same Frat, didn't even let me meet him til the day he started. This kid did NOT know his shit. I had to explain ad nauseam basic accounting topics like amortizations, prepaids, journal entries, etc. Every time I showed him how to do something he wouldn't take notes and then would ask a million questions, even went and bought him a composition notebook but he didn't take the hint. He was in charge of paying invoices for our Marketing department and tried to punt these away at every turn. Tried to get people in Marketing to set up POs for him so all he would have to do is scan the invoice and send away. As a result we had many invoices sent to exceptions (invoice not equaling PO to the penny will create an error) and many unhappy Vendors that threatened to cut off services. When I tried to track down the invoices he would give me a blank ass look and shrug, then I would track it down the chain through the Marketing guy back to him and then he would be like 'ohhhhhh yea' and then try and blame it on Vendor for sending invoice so late. I really didn't know the extent of the problem until manager saw his accrual entry going up $500k for 3 periods straight and said something to me about it. Also, this guy was one to milk sick time for all it was worth. Would take a day off every month for 'stomach bug'. Would show up at 10am twice a week because of 'sinuses' and then turn around and ask to leave early at 4:30.

    submitted by /u/jmacattack5585
    [link] [comments]

    Big 4 termination

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 05:48 PM PST

    Hi guys,

    I was recently let go from big 4 for not meeting expectations after being placed on the infamous PIP. Im kinda lost as I don't know what to do now. Should I just focus on studying for the CPA and treat this as a full time job? If so how do I explain the employment gap.

    submitted by /u/big4noob
    [link] [comments]

    Office Quirks?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 02:26 PM PST

    Do you guys have any office quirks?

    For example, I wear a tie every Tuesday and named it "tie Tuesday." I'm the only one who wears a tie but maybe one day people will catch on at the office XD

    submitted by /u/Bake-ohn
    [link] [comments]

    When recruiters say they want leadership experience, is it any job?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 03:49 PM PST

    For example, if I was a starbucks supervisor, would that be good leadership experience?

    submitted by /u/Academicwimp3
    [link] [comments]

    Accounting job on school campus doing reconciliation vs Campus leadership position

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 09:42 PM PST

    What is more important? I have seen the constant encouragement of leadership in orgs, but what if I am involved on Campus by working there? That counts for campus involvement right?

    If this was a binary question, what looks better on paper?

    submitted by /u/Articulateman
    [link] [comments]

    How realistic is my goal

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 08:26 PM PST

    Soooo I have a FT offer starting in November 2020 at a public accounting firm. They are supplying me with Becker and offering a 5k bonus if I pass all 4 parts of the CPA exam before the start date. That gives me about a year to achieve that goal.

    The problem is, I have no breaks. I will have 111 credits at the end of this semester so I am taking 6 credits over the winter, 18 credits over the Spring (2 of those classes are graduate level), and 15 credits over the summer before my job starts.

    COURSE LOAD SPRING 2020: My spring semester is going to consist of advanced accounting, financial mgmt and policy (hard at my school), auditing, AIS (grad level), accounting theory (grad level), and an easy business elective.

    I should be able to take easier summer classes.

    My only solace is that maybe some of the CPA material will coincide with my schoolwork, and my school isn't too challenging to begin with.

    How realistic is it that if I began studying now, I could pass all 4 parts prior to Nov 2020?

    submitted by /u/AcceptableVegetable
    [link] [comments]

    Big 4 Tax - Private Client Services?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 04:23 PM PST

    I have been working at a regional firm in the SE for the past two and a half years. 80% of the work I do is in compliance and the other 20% is planning/projection; a bulk of that is in passthrough and individual taxation. I still do see other returns: the occasional small C corp, estate, trust, gift, and exempt organization as well. I have a bit of exposure to some indirect tax too, a few sales tax filings here and there.

    I have been interviewing with one of the big 4 for a Senior position in PCS. My current firm has been talking about promoting me to senior, but I think I want new experiences and challenges. Also, having the big 4 stamp on my resume could be helpful of course.

    Long term, I would like to work in a startup environment FYI. For that reason, exit ops is not as much of a concern for me. I am considering private accounting until that time comes, and maybe even industry instead of public in the future.

    For those who have worked in PCS for tax, did you like it? How are the busy seasons? Lastly, if you did work in PCS and moved on, what is your career like now?

    submitted by /u/proto_ant
    [link] [comments]

    Hi guys, so I lost my Becker code that I supposed to used from EY to purchase my CPA materials due to a re-issue of my offer letter. I never downloaded, and I have been emailing my recruiters and they do not reply. I am stressed out, since I want to start studying for it. Any ideas who I can talk to

    Posted: 26 Nov 2019 07:50 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment