• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 29, 2019

    What podcasts have helped you in your journey of running a small business? small business

    What podcasts have helped you in your journey of running a small business? small business


    What podcasts have helped you in your journey of running a small business?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 01:41 PM PDT

    I'm always looking to learn ways that I can improve my small business (basically a travel website and brand), and have found the podcast form to be a huge advantage because I can intake the information passively while I'm doing other things. Are there any podcasts anybody has found helpful in their journey? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/fairlywittyusername
    [link] [comments]

    What was your greatest struggle starting a busines for the first time?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 10:37 PM PDT

    I'm currently making one myself for the first time which I believe can help a lot of people, what are the biggest hardships that you've had to overcome in a business?

    submitted by /u/Posted-Official
    [link] [comments]

    What books did you read to help with your business when you first got started?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 06:06 AM PDT

    Should I sell my business?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 11:27 PM PDT

    Hello, I own/run a company that creates digital content. The business is also an official Microsoft partner (more specifically a game they own). The company will be 2 years old in January and is completely online, and the workers are remote. We have experienced tremendous growth in that time, making only 26k USD the first year and then 133k USD in the past 7 months. Still growing and on track to be pulling 300k+ a year coming up. The market is a niche, but very profitable, every project we release makes money, typically around 2800$ first month and then residuals add up over time. However, the only real downside is the entire business is centered around 1 video game. That is where we make our money.

    So kind of just looking for advice, I am 20 years old at the moment, no college degree (or high school diploma if im being honest here). Wondering what a business experiencing this much growth, and in general, making this much is worth, I'm not exactly looking to sell it, but depending on what its worth I'm not opposed to the idea. And if I did, what next?

    submitted by /u/AndrewKarvelis
    [link] [comments]

    How do you get about securing clients which themselves are companies?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 03:58 AM PDT

    I've always wondered how new businesses manage to secure contracts or partnerships with existing companies. For example say you wanted to setup a hauling company, how on Earth would you go about convincing existing companies to chose you as their hauler instead of the one they've been using for the last dozen years or whatever?

     

    Or say you're setting up an import export business, where do you even begin when approaching companies to use you, the brand new unproven unknown company as their supplier?

     

    Setting up a business where your customers are individual people is one thing, but setting up a business where your customers are individual businesses seems like a whole other beast.

    submitted by /u/Bellamy88
    [link] [comments]

    Realistic LaserTag

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 06:42 PM PDT

    Hey guys, my bro in-law and I are in the planning stage of a start-up and I've been tasked with doing market research. I want to start it off by getting your opinions on it. Would YOU enjoy playing something like this?

    So picture this: realistic laser tag. The guns look, feel, and sound like the real thing. Players wear "Kevlar" vests and military helmets, both with laser sensors that vibrate when hit so you know when and where you've been hit, meaning both headshots and body shots are possible. You are apart of a small strike team that has to complete a mission in a set time while fighting enemy combatants. You'll be equipped with flash bangs (turns off enemy guns for 10 secs), frags ("kills" enemies), and night vision goggles for certain missions.

    We already know what we need to research and how to go about building the business from the ground up, what I want to know is would YOU enjoy this? Thanks for the feedback guys :)

    submitted by /u/JaseLowe7
    [link] [comments]

    Dealing with Competition - Startups & Established Businesses

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 03:49 AM PDT

    Looking for advice when dealing with competition. Not only new startups in the same field but also company's that are well established. For starters we offer price matching, our products are competitively priced, we are well established in the community we serve and advertise regularly but I am looking for more options or suggestions to gain an edge over the competition

    submitted by /u/bigdoinks6669
    [link] [comments]

    [UK] How to deal with income from side business

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 03:27 AM PDT

    I currently work full time and earn 31k. My friend and I have started a side business and we're starting to get some customers in. I have no idea what to do about payments and tax.

    Do I need to tell my current employer about my side business? Is there somewhere I can get some information?

    submitted by /u/uniqueusername42O
    [link] [comments]

    As a small business, what data problems do you have?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 02:17 AM PDT

    Remember: be extremely careful who you hire, people!

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 04:32 PM PDT

    Certain people have more of an ability and a leverage and a predisposition to sue you for certain types of claims. Small businesses don't have the luxury of hiring people who are more likely to sue. Also, be careful HOW you hire and HOW you fire. I network with a lot of businesses, and I've seen exactly two businesses bite the dust solely because of civil litigation cases. Let someone else do it, put all considerations aside except who you think will best fit with company culture.

    This is especially important in the beginning stages, and I think it's something that people maybe do not put enough weight into in today's business environment.

    submitted by /u/dontforgetthispwd
    [link] [comments]

    Bizquest for Asia

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 01:16 AM PDT

    I was wondering if anybody posted bizquest for Asia? I do not see many I international postings. Their price is steep. Just want to know if anybody from Asia used them and got good results.

    submitted by /u/sammyzenith
    [link] [comments]

    Integrating stripe into our website

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 02:28 PM PDT

    Hellooo people. I'm trying to integrate a online payment gateway & processor like stripe into my existing website. Been looking through stripe instructions on the different ways to do it, but it's as confusing as ever because the small nuances in wording all practically means the same thing to a layman of web developing like myself.

    I understand the inevitable step in achieving what I want is plugging the api code into the right place. My website currently have an premium theme that has a pre-built shopping cart and check-out page in it. I very much would like to DIY this myself since I'm on a tight budget and feels connecting the dots in this minor operation shouldn't be all that hard.

    I'm really in need of more info on how to merge the pre-built shopping cart that I have and the gateway processor that stripe provides into an seamlessly operating checkout page.

    If any of you have experience and a few advice to offer, I'd greatly appreciate it!

    Edit: Im trying to sell our services online that entails one time payments. Currently have uses Wordpress and has an premium theme that uses WooCommerce.

    submitted by /u/thedevious-designer
    [link] [comments]

    All male staff daycare. Have anyone come across such daycare??

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 10:06 PM PDT

    Hello everyone. Would like so options regarding this. I am planning to start a daycare service focusing on late pick up and a focus on sport activities. Currently me and my partner are both males and are thinking of running the operation with an all male staff. It will be somewhat an all boys boarding house.

    With that said the daycare will be an all boys day care open to ages 5 - 14. All the staff will be male staff.

    My question would be. Will you send your son's to such a daycare or would the thought of an all male staff be a deal-breaker???

    submitted by /u/anyname456
    [link] [comments]

    why arent you STARTING?!

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 09:48 PM PDT

    How to tie employee wages to revenue - any ideas?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 09:47 PM PDT

    We're a small s-corp with three members. All three of us are shareholders, officers, and employees. Because of our s-corp status, we can pay ourselves through a combination of salary and distributions. What we're trying to figure out, is the best way to do this.

    So here's the main issue: we're trying to calculate and distribute monthly wages as a percentage of monthly revenue, but aren't sure how best to pay those wages out. We can obviously calculate the percentages ourselves each month and cut checks, but because we don't want to have to calculate the taxes ourselves, we'd like to find the best way to do this using our payroll service.

    From what we can tell, the only good option seems to be calculating the pre-tax wages ourselves, setting an arbitrary hourly wage for each of us in our payroll system, and then figuring out how many hours we need to input to make sure each of us gets the amount we're due.

    Has anyone else had to deal with this issue, and if so, what solutions did you find??

    ----

    And just to restate -- there are no employees in this situation who aren't also co-owners of the business.

    submitted by /u/BellLaphroaig
    [link] [comments]

    Phone sales

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 03:45 PM PDT

    Good night!

    What would be a good product/Service to start selling right away by the phone by two great salesman ?

    My friend makes a lot of money by cold caling companies to sell them publicity, and i am a Rental sales agent for a car hire company.

    I think we could make some money for ourselves with our skills but we have no ideas ahah.

    Thank you for tour time.

    submitted by /u/aceonfire
    [link] [comments]

    Charging Hourly or Monthly as a Consultant?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 09:25 PM PDT

    My partner and I are curious to understand how other businesses in our industry have chosen to charge their clients. We find that a monthly retainer and fee is the best route and typically makes the most sense however we have heard more and more about Hourly rates becoming a new trend in Consulting.

    Shed some light if you have some!

    submitted by /u/CanadianConsultants
    [link] [comments]

    How do you market your online business?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 01:48 PM PDT

    I'm interested to hear where you spend, or don't spend, ad money! I sell across 3 platforms- Etsy, Amazon and a direct website through Shopify. I haven't done much marketing beyond some pay-per-clicks on Amazon and Etsy, and being active on Pinterest. I can't seem to build my Instagram profile (I swear the more I post, the more I lose people!), and I don't use Facebook much personally but I do have a business page with a reasonable following. I'm willing to throw money at marketing but I don't know what to change/where to start/how much to plan to spend- I'd love to hear your experiences!

    submitted by /u/DanasPaperFlowers
    [link] [comments]

    Just received my certification as a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 08:21 AM PDT

    Hi, so I just received my certification as a Veteran Owned business, service disabled. Does anyone know if other companies receive tax benefits for using a SDVOB?

    submitted by /u/ihavebadaim2
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to start an IT Consulting company

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 02:19 PM PDT

    As the subject says, I'm looking to start my own consulting business and could use some advice. I've been doing IT services for my current company for 5 years now and have a wide range of product knowledge. Figured I'd stop giving them my time and remove the management issues to just go into business myself. I've got sales experience as well with my current position and my dad said he would help with negotiations as he did large scale sales before he retired. I started looking into registering an LLC and can set up a small website / business bank account once I get started. If I do well, I already have other family members willing to join me.

    Are there any gotchas I need to be concerned about, and what's the best way to get started as a consultant? I know I should probably start racking up certifications to show that I have the knowledge.

    submitted by /u/Roanark
    [link] [comments]

    Industrial Waste Management

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 07:39 PM PDT

    Clueless

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 07:22 PM PDT

    I have an idea for an app that I don't think exists (but even that I'm not sure of because I don't know if I'm searching the right keywords into Google). I have no experience with developing apps or running a business, I work in mental health care so this is totally new to me. Without giving too much away I need an algorithm (never knew that word existed til 2 days ago) that can take data imputed by the user to group together things within the app. I don't think it'll be a complex concept for anyone who understands this but it's foreign to me.

    P.s it's a sports app and I'm 22yo so still got a lot of life to learn from any mistakes.

    Thanks for reading. Gg.

    submitted by /u/CasualRedditUser96
    [link] [comments]

    Inventory system researsh

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 06:56 PM PDT

    Hello, I am currently working on an inventory system targeted at small businesses. Right now, i am gathering information on the key features that an intuitive inventory management system should have. I would appreciate if you could help me by completing this short survey. Thank you

    https://forms.gle/dUQ2TuXFs6oyzBuy6

    submitted by /u/logithss
    [link] [comments]

    Cheap / professional looking product photography

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 06:31 PM PDT

    Do you guys have any recommendations for a product photography set for items such as hats? Im willing to invest in a good camera but am looking for the best product I can purchase for a back drop type set up

    submitted by /u/thespicynoodleisme
    [link] [comments]

    Alternatives to Eventbrite?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 12:12 PM PDT

    Normally I'm on here as an SBDC consultant, but today I actually have a question...

    I'm on the board of a private sports club. We use eventbrite to sell tickets to our events. We need to pre-sell tickets as we rent ice and it's expensive, so we can't afford to host an event and have only 10 people show up.

    However, eventbrite's "service fee" is 10-15%, which seems insane for being little more than a card processor. When I worked in personal finance, even with all the research, brick and mortar location, insurance, everything...our top line commissions were 5.5%, and most were closer to 1-2%. 15% seems insane to me.

    Does anyone have a good alternative service to use, or can you offer a defense of eventbrite?

    submitted by /u/iowajaycee
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment