• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 16, 2019

    What invoice software is good for a new Plumbing company? small business

    What invoice software is good for a new Plumbing company? small business


    What invoice software is good for a new Plumbing company?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 07:06 PM PDT

    The software can be view in laptop / phone.

    Helping a friend open a plumbing company. Thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/1a2x
    [link] [comments]

    general rules that give small business owners an edge?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 07:29 AM PDT

    Elon musk had a rule for new companies to make things better than what is already out there. Others had rules to be faster or better at doing things. Making something good now but better in the future, assuming that means economy of scale or improving product overtime. Making smart solid moves under pressure. And I've heard of people saying to know what customers want better than the competition. I have a feeling that having a specific vision and forcefully pursuing it gives the company a life of its own to naturally create the strategy? What rules do you take, what rules do use?

    submitted by /u/jesus_ismexican
    [link] [comments]

    It is ok to start an Amazon business on credit card?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 11:11 PM PDT

    E- Recycling Destroying HDD/ SSD - NAID AAA / R2 certification options

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 06:25 PM PDT

    Hi,

    We are a small electronics recycling company and would like to offer a secured destruction process. We already use a data erasing device that is DOD certified for the drives to make sure there is no data left. It overwrites in 0's twice then again with a random 1 or 0 then it checks the process to make sure it's complete. We also want to add in a punching tool to physically destroy the device at our facility.

    But we really think a certification would be a good selling point to our clients so they can be even more confident their data is secure.

    Does anyone have any experience with these certifications or recommendations for ones? They seem a bit spendy for a small business ranging from 1-2k a year to keep your certification along with about a $400 application/ membership fee.

    As a business owner would anyone care or like their electronics recycler to have a certification like this?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/AK_Ether
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to help my father run his failing business

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 06:50 PM PDT

    Hey guys. I am looking for tips to help my father manage and expand his business. It was going well a couple years ago, but his clients left the city to chase the money in bigger city's like San Antonio. We do MSP, IT, and cyber security. We also do HIPAA compliency checks and we also help companys get complient. The problem with that is business' here outsource to other citys to find these services, and trying to reason with them over the phone doesnt work, and sometimes they are just rude if we ask to talk to them. How can I help expand this buisness? I really like having electricity and a roof over my head, im really desperate to help in any way i can. Thank you all for any help.

    submitted by /u/KaliiMan
    [link] [comments]

    How do I salvage a lost sale? How do I set myself up for future business with this potential client?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 01:26 AM PDT

    My company provides services at events such as release parties, product launches, etc.

    I've been in talks for a few weeks for a potential client that saw work we did for a similar brand. They reached out and told us they were really impressed, and that they have some events coming up where they would want to use our services. Today, the prospective client reached out with us with a final decision not to use us at the event - I'm used to this, but the thing is that this client has a lot of potential work for us in the pipeline.

    Based on our interaction, I know he is sincerely interested, and I know that if he did book us we would deliver the results they're going for. They were initially interested in multiple simultaneous bookings, and I believe the problem is one of two things:

    • Budget
    • The scale of multiple at once is worrisome to them, considering they haven't worked with us first hand.

    I don't want to seem desperate, and the truth is that this first event is really not about the money for us (I'm not willing to do this, or any of our services, for free). It gives us an in to their large amount of events in the next few months, as well as access to their corporate office, which I would love to work with on both a business and personal level, as I am a fan of their brand.

    Does it come off as desperate (and is that even a bad thing) if I make an excuse to scale down the event from multiple events to just one, so I'm able to show them what we provide? What's the most convincing, and most tactful way of selling them on a 'trial' event, just to get our foot in the door and showing them the quality of our work?

    submitted by /u/_clydebruckman
    [link] [comments]

    Help with Veterinary Google Ads

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 11:00 PM PDT

    Hello all! I'm new to the community and I am in desperate need of some crucial advice. My father has worked for 30 years in his small veterinary hospital in North East Philadelphia. He has been able to send my three siblings and myself to college, but times have been getting rough recently. All of his clients are aging and have stopped making appointments as they can no longer care for animals and are retiring. My father has always been an honest vet and despises other hospitals that overcharge and manipulate their clients. After all the good fortune and success he has seen, money is starting to become a serious problem for him and my family. He has built a website with the help of my sister, and put out some ads on local newspapers with minimal success. He asked me recently if I could look into Google Ads. I'm decently tech savvy, but am new to marketing and ad targeting. Is there anything out there specifically for spreading the word on veterinarian businesses? Are Google Ads truly effective for small businesses, or should we try to find another marketing route to take? Thank you so much to anyone that can provide some stepping stones of insight! I am pretty lost and business is not my forte, but I'm motivated to get Dad back in the saddle!

    submitted by /u/BC_Child
    [link] [comments]

    What about us small business owner/ self-employed / freelancer / entrepreneur ?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 11:44 PM PDT

    Met my niece who is at her dream job talking about her career advancement (getting promoted climbing the ladder, better benefits & pay, etc) so suddenly this question popped in my mind.

    What are the "career advancement" for the self-employed/freelancer/entrepreneur/business owners to you?

    For me it's re-investing the money made either to existing business or start anew & FLEXIBILITY providing much more freedom in my time.

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/notdare89
    [link] [comments]

    Snowball effect in business?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 07:47 PM PDT

    It dawned on me, businesses start from a tiny bit of snow and roll and roll and roll into a giant sphere. Each roll collects more snow than the last

    What gets better is the economy of scale, end product because of skill, more customers, branding increase, understanding customers, reviews, products. If done correctly when more money is coming in it is invested in things that make the company stronger. That snowballs over and over. In effect business is a matter of making things better, and gathering more customers. Business success is in doing what make money, UNTIL the company hits product market fit and keeps growing the customer base. What is the way to envision in a few months/years a healthy customer base, become efficient and improve the product?

    submitted by /u/jesus_ismexican
    [link] [comments]

    Repurposing a partner?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 06:00 PM PDT

    Has anyone successfully reorganized a business and removed a partner into a less prominent position? I have a very wonderful partner who is struggling and is hurting my part of the successful business. I'm struggling with how to allow him to utilize his strengths without hurting my bottom line. This would require removing his management duties entirely.

    submitted by /u/StopDoingThisAgain
    [link] [comments]

    Invoicing software help

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 07:25 PM PDT

    I work for a small project-based company and am looking for software/programs for invoicing. Ideally, I'm looking for a program that generates an invoice with one project per line, allows me to select an employee and input their hours worked, which then auto-populates the total of that project and later the total invoice. For example, if I selected "John," the program would automatically identify his rate and once I entered in his worked hours for the job, it would then calculate at the end of the row the total cost for that project. And ideally I would be able to continue adding projects to the invoice.

    I'd appreciate any suggestions!

    submitted by /u/haleyclo
    [link] [comments]

    Would anyone know of a 1031 Exchange equivalent for non-real estate business acquisitions?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 06:47 PM PDT

    I understand, and have been told in so many words, that the 1031 exchange is available only for real-estate investment transactions. From some reading I've done, it was implied that the exchange use to be available more widely in the past, but no further information was provided.

    Does anyone know of a source to find out more, or better yet, are you aware of any tax laws or transactions that would have a similar effect as the 1031 exchange?

    submitted by /u/Quleki
    [link] [comments]

    Program for filling fields on document templates?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 12:33 AM PDT

    Hi

    Can anyone suggest a programme which fills in fields on documents

    For example - I have a contract template where only a few details (always the same type of details) change & are unique to that contract

    Rather than having to manually go through & edit every contract, I'd prefer just to fill in these fields & it's done automatically

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Dave_yenakart
    [link] [comments]

    Best small business bank account?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 06:02 AM PDT

    I am getting a new business under way -

    Any recommendation on small business bank accounts with favorable (or poor) experiences?

    I will primarily be conducting business online/over the phone (No B&M or true POS needed). I likely wont need any credit products, loans. I will primarily be conducting my business online (so good online banking is better than many B&M sites). I am looking for low fees, perhaps integrated payment processing, and for now lowish minimum balance. I probably wont be doing too many monthly transactions <50.

    I do have a personal account with Chase, but am not sure if they are best for small business banking.

    I am based in the NY area - any recommendations?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/greenerdoc
    [link] [comments]

    Sales Tax Across State Lines

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 04:43 PM PDT

    We are a Minneapolis based company and we're traveling to Chicago for an event where we will be selling retail goods, specifically clothing and accessories. Illinois is an origin-based state for sales tax, would that mean that we will be required to charge Chicago/IL sales tax rates and subsequently submit an IL sales tax return?

    (Also since it is an origin-based state, if a product is sold online and shipped to Chicago, we would not charge sales tax on clothes as Minnesota has an exemption for that. Is this correct?)

    TIA!

    submitted by /u/kgxxx
    [link] [comments]

    Starting a bubble tea business!! Advice?!

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 09:38 AM PDT

    So me and my partner are currently in process to starting this up for next summer. We are actually thinking about a smaller "Express" bubble tea store then a cute truck around the city going to hot spots, events, giving us great promotions I think. Any ideals? I know this "food truck" thing is seasonal.. let me know what you guys think I am open minded!!

    Thank you reddit!!

    submitted by /u/francisdt99
    [link] [comments]

    Best Website design options?!

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 03:26 PM PDT

    Hi everyone!

    I organize baking workshops out of my home and I have been getting really busy with them so far. I'm currently getting most of my traffic from Airbnb and TripAdvisor.

    I also already have my website through Squarespace but at the moment it is more set up as a product selling website which is really annoying to use for booking actually event/workshops with no calendar form booking and or managing within the site. It is just a long list of dates and times which isn't ideal.

    Any tips would help as I want to set it up so it's easy for someone so book and for me to manage all dates and bookings.

    Thanks in advance,
    Will

    submitted by /u/thebreadclass
    [link] [comments]

    Starting from ground up

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 01:25 PM PDT

    Hey redditors, I've been interested in starting a food cart ahead of going for starting a restaurant . Mainly to grow brand name and business before going for the big fish. I'm leaning somewhere between a food truck and a food cart. Any tips?

    submitted by /u/Dansingh89
    [link] [comments]

    I’m starting a business and would like some advice

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 01:02 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I'm new to Reddit and this is my first post. I apologize if this has been asked a million times or if I'm in the wrong spot. But anyway

    I'm starting a side business next summer (March-April) I will be offering the following services.

    Foreclosure trash out Pressure washing: sidewalks and driveways Soft washing siding Refinishing decks/wooden fences. (Pressure washing, sanding, staining etc)

    My questions are 1) are there anymore services I can offer along the lines of what I'm doing to help up sell?

    2) has anyone here done anything like this? Is it sustainable and worthy of a full time gig?

    3) if you've done this what are your numbers? How much/how do you charge how much have you made?

    Any tips or advise would be pretty cool

    submitted by /u/bruhh1991
    [link] [comments]

    Meeting with a guy who runs my dream business. Help me not make a fool of myself.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 11:19 AM PDT

    Hello!

    I aspire to start my own business within the next few years, and tomorrow I'm meeting with a business owner that does the exact thing Ill be doing. It's a meet up for me to ask him about what he does and how he got started and how he made it work. I'm really excited but also worried that I'll make a fool of myself. I don't understand s lot about the etiquette of meeting with business people. Do you fine folks have any advice to help me go into this with more confidence and not be foolish?

    submitted by /u/ChunkOmega
    [link] [comments]

    Best (cheapest) way to form LLC in California?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 01:27 PM PDT

    Hey guys

    Opening a business in CA, needing to become an LLC. Seen a lot of posts about how legalzoom etc are a rip off, you can point me in that direction if that's easier.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ruwheele
    [link] [comments]

    Fewer taxes - LLC or Sole Proprietorship?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 01:15 PM PDT

    I've had a salon for ~5yrs now and it's been doing very well. At the start, I was encouraged to set up a Sole Proprietorship (SP) by a number of accountants. Now, about 5yrs in as an SP, I'm wondering if I'd pay fewer taxes if my salon was set up as an LLC instead.

    I know there are different pros and cons for each, but I'm specifically asking about taxes. Appreciate any sources you guys have.

    submitted by /u/UltimateBalter
    [link] [comments]

    High yield bank account for business

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 01:09 PM PDT

    I generally have a quite a bit of cash in my business bank account throughout the year. I dont need access to 80% of it most of the time and I was thinking I could put this money into a high yield account for some bonus money. Is there such a thing for business accounts? Maybe some other variation of this that would be more business friendly but still earn a good rate? A good chunk of the money is bonused out at the end of the year so I couldnt put the money into a long term CD or anything like that.

    submitted by /u/austin8448
    [link] [comments]

    What is the usual cover policy of managers in a major chain restaurant/store?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 07:39 AM PDT

    This is a question for anyone who's been in a management position with a major chain…

    Basically, what is the policy if the manager + asst. manager are absent / ill, and no shift managers are available either? Does a regional manager come to cover? Does the store close? What is general procedure?

    Have had this happen a couple of times in my company and looking for a good policy as we scale (as currently it involves someone from the office going down to cover, which is not practical at all.)

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/EssentialParadox
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment