• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 24, 2019

    Want to sell my business small business

    Want to sell my business small business


    Want to sell my business

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 04:26 AM PDT

    What's the best way or easiest way to sell a retail store business?

    If broker, what would someone experienced in this, recommend for which brokerage to use?

    submitted by /u/ColorOfThisPenReddit
    [link] [comments]

    Need Advice: Facebook Banned My Ads and is Punishing People for Sharing My Links

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 04:06 PM PDT

    Hello all... This is my first post here and I'm utterly dumbfounded. On the 21st I noticed that the link to my Kickstarter in my Instagram bio - this is a page I use solely for business purposes - wasn't working. Someone wanted to make a pledge and couldn't follow the link. Attempts to edit the link made it clear that the link to my project weren't going to be accepted. I couldn't send it to the supporter in a comment either. I re-routed them to the webpage.

    I foolishly believed that was the end of it.

    Forward two days later and I am finally realizing the full extent of this ban. Everything single post with a link to my Kickstarter has been removed. My ads have been shut down. I cannot even share the links in messenger.

    I have been using Facebook ads since the campaign began. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/myspouti/spouti-the-stp-for-everyone

    I sell a stand to pee device. I am careful to be discreet in my photos. There is literally nothing obscene about the campaign. But my links are flagged as "abusive". My backers earned credit towards a refund via the tracking code on referral links and I have since found out that they have been getting their accounts blocked or reported for posts they made sharing my links.

    I can't share my link even to myself on my personal messenger and all of the links I shared to myself previously have actually been deleted from my messages logs.

    I have opened up a complaint with Facebook marketing but I am devastated. Is there anything I can do to force them to fix this if they refuse?

    submitted by /u/SphirosOKelli
    [link] [comments]

    Payroll service reccomedations

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 04:59 AM PDT

    Paychex dropped the ball on payroll again this week, claiming they never received our submission via email. I would assume it's honest, except for the fact this happens rather frequently (4-5x a year). In their defense, they do expedite and correct the issue, however I feel it really threatens my credibility with my employees when they are expecting they direct deposits first thing Thursday AM.

    So... Can anyone recommend a decent payroll service? Or is it just the least worst? Our bookkeeper cautioned us against ADP, said it was worse that what we had.

    Small manufacturing company, 30 employees, weekly payroll. We do not need the bells and whistles, just submission of time sheets, tax transactions, and standard deductions. (Hopefully decent reporting functions, or the ability to query their data, paycheck must have the worst reports in the industry).

    submitted by /u/335Bimmer
    [link] [comments]

    Typeform got greedy, killed their FREE plan. How come?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 11:05 AM PDT

    I've been using Typeform on the free plan for around a year now. I don't create too many forms, and so it worked fine for me. Two days ago, got this super weird, corporate email informing me that the Free plan has been limited to just 3 forms and 100 submissions per month — which basically makes it unusable for my needs.

    I don't really mind paying money for the form builder tool, I swear, but the thing is — these guys also increased the pricing of their plans. Now the most basic one costs $35 per month (ridiculous).

    The question is: can someone recommend a tool that would allow me to create forms and surveys, customize the design, and that wouldn't cost me a fortune (below $20 bucks per month please)?

    A separate question I'd love to vent about is why (WHY!) the tech companies get so greedy and go on cutting their free plans when they get bigger. It'd be more honest to have all paid plans with the free trial since the very beginning.

    submitted by /u/kelleygoodwin02
    [link] [comments]

    Direct deposit to pay vendors and pay rent?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 10:59 PM PDT

    Am I missing something here? I asked my landlord how he prefers me to pay rent and he told me by check (which i'd have to mail in) or through direct deposit into their bank account. I looked at my bank account and I couldn't find anything that say direct deposit and the only thing I could think of is adding an external account, but then I realized i would have the ability to transfer from his account to my account. (which I wouldn't do) It just doesn't seem right to have that ability to do so.

    I asked one of my suppliers if there's other ways to pay besides check and they also said bank transfer.

    i don't know if i'm uninformed in some way on how banks work but any help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/notsosocialbunny
    [link] [comments]

    Starting craft supply business, need advice/support

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 09:40 PM PDT

    I live in Grays Harbor, WA and want to start a craft supply store specializing in yarn, needle craft and leatherwork supplies. We have a Walmart that has some yarn and needlework items, a quilt shop, a scrapbooking store and a store that has some yarn but specializes in beading.

    The closest good supply store is 45 minutes away in Olympia. Leather work store is 2 hours away. Just wanted to give some background.

    I've subscribed to LivePlan to help write my business plan. I have some money in the bank and equity in my home to use for collateral. And I'm working with the small business development center at the local college.

    I've been crafting for 20 years, but don't have much retail experience. I do have 20 years of customer service and office experience as well as working in commercial real estate. I've made some contacts with local people who want to develop more small business and I've talked to the craft stores locally and an hour away. I've been working on this for about 6 to 8 months and I'm wondering if it's even worth it. Maybe I just don't have what it takes and I should just go looking for a regular job. My husband supports me in this and is even enthusiastic, but he just lost his job and we are going to have to put things on hold in order to have him get a job and get us stable.

    Not sure what I'm looking for from here. Just wanted to put this out there.

    submitted by /u/monafair
    [link] [comments]

    What is regquired of me, tax wise, if the year ends before launch?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 07:54 PM PDT

    I haven't taken any official steps toward starting my business, all ive done is purchase a Domain. (Ecommerce clothing store)

    I ask because its close to the end of the year, but I'm really eagar to get started as soon as possible. But i don't believe ill actually launch until after January.

    Tomorrow im gonig to decide on if ill do a partnership or an LLC, and after that i hope to get started with an EIN, sellers permit, and all that jazz.

    My question is do I need to do anything different once tax season comes along? Or will it all wait until 2020 tax season? I live in Texas and my city does not require I register my business.

    submitted by /u/soattainable
    [link] [comments]

    How do I prepare a CNF quote?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 06:49 AM PDT

    Overseas customer is asking for a CNF quote.

    I do plan on using a freight forwarder, and they've given me an estimate for total shipping charges.

    What all do I have to put into consideration when providing such a quote?

    submitted by /u/AggressiveDevice8
    [link] [comments]

    Opening business account

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 06:15 AM PDT

    What is required when opening a business account.I was always under impression they check credit do they?

    submitted by /u/dudesonmiles
    [link] [comments]

    Need advice please: Having trouble securing financing to buy out partner.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 01:41 AM PDT

    I own a portion of a small restaurant (LLC.) Majority owner is looking to sell her shares to me at what we initially paid when we purchased the restaurant (her shares valued at 70,000.) the restaurant's revenue is approximately 750,000 annually with net profits approximately 85,000. This purchase would give me 61% ownership. I manage the restaurant and am positive this would be a great investment that could be paid off in a few years. My problem is that I'm having trouble coming up with the money as I have no other assets or equity. I am new to this...what are some options to acquire the 70,000 to buy out the other partner?

    submitted by /u/ramuski
    [link] [comments]

    5 tips for running your own animation studio ? That should be useful for any small biz.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 05:11 AM PDT

    If I cant find a buyer for my business... Is it best to just go out of business

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 07:47 PM PDT

    1. Is it better to just go out of business and sell my inventory + equipment? This way I am losing 10k dollars than if I had sold at my asking price.

    However it's been many months and no serious buyer.

    1. Lease has few years still. What happens to that, And the two month security deposit I paid?

    2. If I help landlord find new tenant, will I get deposit back?

    Need advise.

    submitted by /u/BackofWoods
    [link] [comments]

    Unified view of customer contact across platforms/technologies?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 11:41 PM PDT

    I have been unsuccessful in trying to find software that allows me to view all communication with clients as a single stream, whether the communication is a record of a phone call, a text message, email, or even a message on a social media platform like Instagram or Facebook.

    There are CRMs out there that allow you to log calls, capture emails, etc. However I have not found anything that allows me to see all of the above in a single, unified view.

    Please share any suggestions of software that sounds like it would do the job.

    submitted by /u/grumpyGrampus
    [link] [comments]

    Letting go of my co-owners or throwing them under the bus

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 02:16 AM PDT

    Hi r/smallbusiness!

    I have been working on a project the last 5-6 months with two of my friends, starting a business with each of us investing about 5k, and growing from there.
    This month, we hit 50.000 in profits, meaning we will start a monthly payout of 3-4k to each os us.
    This has been a great milestone, and we have still not come down from the high of that success.

    At least they haven't.
    As the only one of us, I hunger for more, but they are content with what we are making, and wish to maintain this level for the next couple of years, as a side income.
    I have tried to convince them that we could keep up this growth rate, and if they won't, I will go on and find someone who will. At which they would laugh, obviously doubting the clear potential of what we are currently doing.

    Where this becomes complicated, is that their daily operations depends heavily on me, as I am the one with the knowledge of the programs we use, and the contact with our partners and customers.

    Considering that I have told them several times, and given them the opportunity to follow my vision, rather than staying where we are now, will I be the dick in this scenario?

    TL:DR - Am I throwing my co-owners under the bus by leaving them, with little knowledge of how our business is actually run?

    submitted by /u/FoldagerJR
    [link] [comments]

    How do restaurants that are only open lunch on weekdays stay in business?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 05:55 PM PDT

    I see lots of restaurants that cater to office workers and are only open, for example, M-F, from 11-3PM. How do these restaurants stay in business when they are only open 20-30 hours a week? Adding in salaries and wages, cost of food, utilities, insurance, debt from equipment, etc., I'm curious how businesses with this model make a positive net income. Additionally, lots of these restaurants are located in popular business districts, meaning it seems like their rent would also be expensive, as well.

    submitted by /u/HappyCrabDay
    [link] [comments]

    Can Groupon legally do this to a merchant?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 08:26 PM PDT

    I run a small business that involves permanent cosmetic tattooing on women. Well my first 2 Groupon customers happened to be a mother and daughter Cheap scamming duo. They came in and paid for their services, left completely happy, all of which I have on camera and no less than three days later got a refund from Groupon which I had no knowledge of. I found out about this $200 loss in the following pay period. In my Groupon merchant app it looked like everything was redeemed so I got paid for it the first payment. It cost me $50 an hour to rent the studio I use. So in total I've only made $17 after expenses from Groupon after 8 hours of work, FAR below the minimum wage. I know if I were a regular employee I would be able to call the US department of labor and have them arrested if they didn't at least pay me the minimum wage. They also never even bothered to contact me about this refund or to work it out with the customer first. Their call center and e-mail "support" keeps giving me the run around, saying they will talk to their financial department and then they never follow up with me. Anyone know what my options are?

    submitted by /u/Shopgrlme
    [link] [comments]

    How important is seo for local service business?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 04:39 PM PDT

    First before anyone offers, I'm not looking for any offers on seo services.

    I just started seo for my website (hired a company to do it) about a week and half ago. I have a local service business that goes 50 miles radius outside of our business location.

    I do Google AdWords already. How important is seo? If it is done correctly overtime will it bring in more leads than Google AdWords does?

    We are doing pretty good with AdWords but are looking to generate more business.

    Basically... is seo more important than doing Google AdWords and does it tend to generate more leads if done correctly?

    submitted by /u/dreamchaser910
    [link] [comments]

    Good company for work uniforms?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 07:32 PM PDT

    What's a good company to get work shirts/etc with your logo on it that don't charge an arm and a leg? I'm not interested in designer gear. I want a durable shirt for sweaty environment that'll see a lot of wear and tear.

    Most of the sites I've seen want you to buy designer brands with your logo. Don't want high end clothes.

    submitted by /u/Toytacoman
    [link] [comments]

    Brand new business

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 06:26 PM PDT

    I'm looking for help! I'm from Alberta Canada and having heaps of trouble finding work, so I decided to start my own granite restoration business. I have loads of knowledge about the work itself but having trouble finding clients. So far I've made a Facebook account and insta. In the process of building the website. Other than that I'm lost.

    submitted by /u/vinnnieworrth
    [link] [comments]

    Is it wrong to expect semi-frequent email responses?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 02:03 PM PDT

    So I've been employing contractors/freelancers in my 3D art business for some time. I've never had issues talking with them. I have their phone numbers for texting, but even if I don't, they usually respond to emails once or twice a day. I thought that was normal.

    Recently, I hired my first contractors from another business. I normally hire completely freelance people but these guys already had a business themselves. We met when I had them repair some of my equipment. Since we got along well and they offered, I wanted to hire them for more of my work.

    Fast forward a couple months, and we've only completed one project together. Given the exact job they are doing -- optimizing completed work for mass production, I would normally expect a single project to be done in a couple weeks max.

    Part of that is on me because this was a new relationship and I didn't know what was standard for them yet. Now though, I have a good understanding of the problem and its response time. I'm lucky to get two responses a week. When I realized this, I asked for alternative means of communication in case I ever needed an immediate response. I was told "we just have so much going on at any given time, that this is normal and the best we can do." I was gunning for a phone number to text but that's what I got instead.

    Fast forward to now, and our second project is being treated the same way. However, this one has a hard deadline of October 31st. I expressed this 5 days ago. I was trying to give them extra response time after that last awkward interaction. But given my deadline is next Thursday, I couldn't wait on a response any longer. I called them just now at their store and I got told in no uncertain terms that again, this was standard. I was also given an excuse that part of the reason is because my emails are to long (average of 3-5 paragraphs as big as these). At the end, I managed to get him to say "he'd try" to get something to me soon.

    So here are my questions /r/smallbusiness. I'm a one man online business whose been hiring contractors for only a year. I'm able to respond to all of my employees AND customers/reviews in a good manner. Is that unique? I feel that with a modern business such as mine (and theirs) its expected to be able to respond to people if not immediately, within 24 hours. I strive for such fast response times and my worst is usually only a couple hours. My business isn't as big as theirs yet, but I think that even if I got to such a point that it was hard to respond, I'd find a way instead of potentially leaving a customer to feel alienated. I would do that even if that meant hiring someone to do it for me.

    Is it wrong to expect fast response times? Is is wrong to be kind of annoyed that I'm only getting a couple responses a week? At this point I want to never work with them again but they occupy such a big niche my business is missing that I find walking away difficult. I also just don't know if its my inexperience with contractors. Maybe I just got lucky with the ones I've hired previously.

    submitted by /u/amerenth
    [link] [comments]

    How do you roll out and monitor your projects/tasks?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 11:25 AM PDT

    I am trying to learn a bit more about how to tie my vision and mission of the business plan to the actual execution of day to day projects/task.

    If your goal was to do marketing (projects/tasks) from many different channels(social-media, seo, ppc) how would you design and roll out what you'd think you need for a stretch of a year or months? and what is your personal way you monitor your KPI's and change your plans?

    submitted by /u/jesus_ismexican
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment