• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 26, 2019

    Not sure if I should report this to my insurance... Insurance

    Not sure if I should report this to my insurance... Insurance


    Not sure if I should report this to my insurance...

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 09:21 PM PDT

    Location: Los Angeles, CA

    Car insurance: Progressive (full coverage)

    Earlier today, I got off work and found a surfboard fin lodged in my rear bumper and scratches on my side door. I was parked on the street and have no idea how something like this could happen, but my guess is that a surfboard must have fallen off of a passing car onto my car. I called to get a police report and the officer was just as confused about the situation as I was.

    My question is, do you think reporting this to my insurance as a claim will make my rates go up? Obviously it wasn't my fault but I was reading that rates are still subject to increase regardless of fault.

    Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/RogueMalygos
    [link] [comments]

    I was rear ended today. No damage to my vehicle but damage to the other drivers vehicle. Should I report this to my insurance company?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 07:23 PM PDT

    While yielding to turn left I was rear ended at approximately 5mph. Due to having my tail hitch on I have no damage at all to my vehicle. My tail hitch pushed in the other drivers bumper and it definitely has some damage. The police came out and the other driver admitted fault but no police report was done "usually only report for criminal activity or if alcohol/drugs were involved". I'm wondering if I should report this to my insurance company even though I have no damage to my vehicle. I have a perfect driving record and also a CDL and prefer to not have to report this incident to my insurance. From the sounds of it the driver wants to repair the car. Should I just wait to see if the other driver makes a claim with their insurance? This is in MO.

    submitted by /u/JeepMushroom
    [link] [comments]

    Progressive Claims Adjuster Trainee

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 04:07 PM PDT

    Hi everyone so I just got offered a job with Progressive as a Claims Adjuster Trainee. I have done some research and everyone has nothing but good things to say about the company and job. I do have a few questions about the position and company that I was hoping I could get answered

    - How many hours should I expect to be working?

    - Can I grow in this company and if so to what position?

    - What does a typical work day look like?

    - All feedback about the position is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/glorifiedfrett
    [link] [comments]

    What are my options as someone without/inability to afford a health insurance of any kind?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 02:20 AM PDT

    Hello /r/insurance, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I was curious about my options as a trans-woman without an insurance. I lost my insurance coverage after skipping on paying the premium and now, I am incurring lots of cost for my medications, my MRI scans (have been diagnosed with early-stage MS) as well as personal care products (tampons, etc.).

    I don't have a job at the moment, so I don't have the option of being covered by the employer either.

    So, what can I do in this situation? Is there a way I can qualify for free medications or health check-ups from the government?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/xaz-
    [link] [comments]

    LDV T60 interesting key issue

    Posted: 26 Oct 2019 01:37 AM PDT

    So I have an LDV T60, great car for its price.

    However I have a remote central locking key,and a normal key.

    If I lock the car with the remote key, all good,I unlock the car with remote key, all good.

    However if I lock the car with the remote key,but unlock it with the normal key, it sets off the alarm until I stick the normal key in the ignition.

    If I continue to lock, unlock,and just use the normal key, it won't set off the alarm again.

    Now I've been told by other owners, that this is because the normal key doesn't talk to the alarm.

    Which I find odd because other cars I've owned with alarms and immobilers didn't care if I locked them remotely or not and never had this issue.

    Though if that's the case, does this mean if I just use the normal key, am I not activating my alarm or immobiliser?

    Now, considering I told insurance car has factory Alarm/Immobiliser, if I was to use the normal key day to day, and it turns out it's not alarming or immobilising, and the car got stolen as a result, what would be the end effect?

    submitted by /u/Rumbuck_274
    [link] [comments]

    Graduating student needs insurance advice

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 05:52 PM PDT

    Hey all, I'm graduating in March 2020, and my student insurance will be running out. I'm planning to get a job that has health insurance, but in the worst case scenario where I don't get one, what are my options? I have eczema so I'm on dupixent, but without insurance I definitely won't be able to afford it.

    submitted by /u/baconwrath
    [link] [comments]

    Personal Rep of Estate & Trustee of Trust attempting to reinsure deceased mom's vehicles. Need help with strategies

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 09:34 PM PDT

    My mom died in February and had her Wll finalized just before she died. Since it was so close to the time of her death, some assets wound up in a simple-probate Estate and some in a Trust. I am the legal point-person for both.

    Background:

    Her home and vehicles were on three policies with one agent when she died. I didn't like the first agent because he is not professional so I found a local-to-me agent (AmFam) (i am in WA and her estate & trust are in AZ) and was pleased with the new and simplified 2 policies (one for home/extra property and one for 3 vehicles). Though declared, when the new insurer went for a site visit they cancelled the home policy due to some exterior issues on one small part of the 1915 home which, in turn, caused AmFam to non-renew the auto policies since there isnt also a home to insure.

    Where I am now:

    I am hearing that, because the vehicles are still in my mom's name (title & registration), most insurers are not willing to write policies on the cars (the home is re-insured). The policy cancels on Nov 10th. The only one I got back is almost 4x what I(she) had before. How do I go about this? Two of the cars could theoretically be transferred to my name and registered but one is worth more and will need to be appraised (which means it is part of the probate process and the court must approve transfer at the close of the process, which I am not near). I am worried it will look weird or be a potential liability to transfer title & reg to me but I am also not sure of any other options. Any suggestions on how to approach potential insurers to obtain insurance for up to one more year as I settle the estate? (One vehicle is a little fancy and is never driven, is garaged and waiting to be sold. I need use of at least one (preferably 2) of the other vehicles for when I and other beneficiaries travel to AZ to clean the properties up and rentals will not work because we need 4x4, off-road capabilities to access several properties).

    submitted by /u/aquariumly
    [link] [comments]

    Technician report for broken phone [Australia]

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 10:45 PM PDT

    I need to make a claim for a broken phone (smashed screen) and can't afford to pay for a technician report at the moment and was just wondering if anyone knows exactly what the report should say and if there is a way to easily forge a report? I don't see the point in paying for a piece of paper when the insurance company would just replace the phone anyway.

    submitted by /u/normstra
    [link] [comments]

    Rear ended but not sure how insurance will handle this.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 09:50 PM PDT

    I'm 21 year old male from Long Island NY Sorry if formatting is off I'm on mobile.

    So on Wednesday I was fully stopped at a red light when I was rear ended. Filed a police report and the lady who hit me said in the report she looked up to turn on her light and didn't realize and got my car. (I'm pretty sure she was texting)

    While the cops arrived I was telling them how my back got stiff and they recommended going to the hospital. Ambulance cane went to the hospital and everything checked out ok and they prescribed some muscle relaxers.

    So basically my questions 1. Will I be at all liable? Am I going to be paying anything out of pocket for the medical expenses and will my car insurance go up?

    Will the insurance company fix my car? It's kind of an old crappy car. While she was driving a 2 month old leased Mercedes Benz. I Did not file the report yet

    my friends are recommending I sue her or I won't get any compensation from her Insurance company

    I'm looking to be in a physical field so I'm worried my back which has been still pretty tight since the accident could be a long term possibility.

    submitted by /u/LDeezzy15
    [link] [comments]

    Underinsured Claim - Hit & Run on Family Member who was walking

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 05:51 PM PDT

    My son was hit by a drunk driver while walking down the road. He was convicted and is now in prison. My son hired an attorney who has sent a demand letter to the car owners insurance co (the drunks girlfriend). She had the bare minimum liability coverage.

    The attorney is wanting to also file a claim with my insurance for under my under-insurance coverage. Is this something that would be covered? How bad of a hit will I take for filing the claim.

    The medical bills were substantial, but he is disabled and receives SSI, so the bills were covered by medicare.

    I'm not sure if filing a claim would be a good idea, thought you all might have some advice. Thanks

    Edit -- Located in AZ

    submitted by /u/every1duck
    [link] [comments]

    Is my car totaled?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 08:53 PM PDT

    I have a lowered 2012 GTI with 93k miles on it (registered in New York). I hit a street plate in providence, ri and it cracked my engine block destroying the motor. I did not file a claim on site however I did get a tow back to my house through insurance. What should I do? Will insurance cover this? Is it likely my car is totaled? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/hichewmango
    [link] [comments]

    Does my spouse have to be on my car insurance in Maryland?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 05:49 AM PDT

    Just got married. Wife and I live together in Maryland. We each have our own car and own car insurance policy through Geico. We never drive each other's car. Do we have to have both of us on both plans? I got a quote to add my wife to my plan and it raises it $50 every 6 months. She will literally never drive my car.

    submitted by /u/Joedav23
    [link] [comments]

    [CA, US] How do insurance agents or companies verify grades/gpa for the Good Student Discount?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 07:32 PM PDT

    Nationwide (the insurance company I'm going with) is asking for my transcript to receive the Good Student Discount and my last semester in high school was horrible.

    I had a D and 2 C'a in honors/ap, and my GPA came out to be a 3.6 weighted.

    Would I get in trouble for giving an edited transcript to the insurance company?

    I would give them that and give them a new transcript from my current college semester in December, which would show that I have a 4.0.

    Wish I could wait until December but my parents are pushing for sometime next week and they don't want to lose out on the discount.

    Please let me know your thoughts, thanks.

    submitted by /u/LostEntrepreneur1
    [link] [comments]

    Comprehensive auto coverage fire

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 03:33 PM PDT

    Does comprehensive cover fire loss that is a result of the owner? For example if vehicle owner improperly wires something and the vehicle catches on fire. Would this be covered?

    submitted by /u/nanequipo
    [link] [comments]

    Term or whole life

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 01:59 PM PDT

    Hi r/Insurance Im currently thinking about getting additional life insurance policy.

    I currently make about 55k a year and my wife makes 27k. I currently do have a group term life insurance policy worth about 110k through my employer. On the other hand my wife has 27k group term life insurance policy through her employer. I do have 3 kids who are fairly young. My wife is 29 and I am 30. Both is good health and condition.

    My questions are how much life insurance do I need and if so what kind of policy a term or whole? Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/lazyshallchangesoon
    [link] [comments]

    Simple question about business owner policies and commercial property policies

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 04:35 PM PDT

    I understand that business owner policies contain property and liability for small businesses, do large businesses not have the option of getting a combo policy? They have to get commercial property and Commercial general liability separate?

    submitted by /u/SpikeXena
    [link] [comments]

    3-Car Accident - How is fault likely to be determined? (TX)

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 03:12 PM PDT

    Hello, everyone.

    Today, I was involved in an accident. On a 5-lane city road (~30mph), someone (Car A) suddenly turned left from the center lane, causing the car in front of me (Car B) to smack into their side and both came to a complete stop. I slammed on my brakes, and caught the rear bumper of Car B at 5-10mph. We were both one lane to the left of Car A. No damage to their bumper, but their tow hook did a number on my front bumper. For comparison, I'd say that if my bumper had front teeth, it looks like one of them was knocked out.

    Cops came out, took statements. Car A's statement conflicted with mine and Car B's, so I showed the officer my dashcam footage, which supported my/B's statements, and they agreed that car A was at fault.

    How do you think insurance is likely to rule? I'm a bit of a nervous wreck since I most likely have to wait until Monday for an adjuster to come out, and an idea of what to expect would be great.

    submitted by /u/MyThrowawayOct2019
    [link] [comments]

    About to have a panic attack about water damage, should it be covered?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 02:52 PM PDT

    We bought our house at the end of 2017. Inspection passed, no issues. About a month ago we noticed water coming up from tiles in our kitchen. Called a plumber, couldn't find the issue. Called insurance and started a claim. Had another plumber come, couldn't find a problem and suggested roof. Roofer came, no leaks causing it. Mitigation company started today and found mold and excessive moisture throughout multiple rooms and we currently have some fans running by them that need to run for 72 hours. Our house is kind of unusable. Mitigation company tried reaching our adjuster. She was off today, so was her supervisor, AND his supervisor. I spoke with an adjuster who was available and got her up to speed with as much as I knew at this point (hadn't been home to see the fans yet). At the end of the day, ANOTHER adjuster called and said we'd touch base on Monday (still not knowing about the fans and state of the house) and used the phrase "we're not sure if this will even be covered".

    As soon as we noticed leaks, we started trying to get it fixed. If it's in the walls, how would we ever know until this began? I dont know if we can stay over the weekend since we have a one year old. I'm seriously about to have a panic attack because until today, lack of coverage was never even alluded to except if it had been wear and tear on the roof.

    Edit - I'm in Pennsylvania

    submitted by /u/tge101
    [link] [comments]

    Medical insurance for brit going to Canada... HELP!

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 02:49 PM PDT

    So obviously as a brit I've never had to think about medical insurance before in my life! (come to think of it the only insurance I've ever had was for my mobile phone) Would anyone be so kind as to give me a few pointers in what to look for, what I should consider important, if there are any carriers you would recommend, if I should go for a British or Canadian company, literally any information would be useful right now as I am absolutely clueless!! If this helps I am 25f, very clumsy although have never been in any serious accidents, never had to use an ambulance, never had an operation or been hospitalised.. I don't have much previous medical apart from depression and anxiety (no meds needed but they are nosey about these things) however I am unfortunately prone to tonsillitis and water infections... (i.e have to use antibiotics more than I'd like) and have used family planning clinics in the past. I am also going for a minimum of a few months but would love to stay up to two years - so if there is a way I can extend later down the line that would be ideal, I also don't plan on doing any winter sports (I mean, I may go for a day trip, I'll just be super careful!)

    TIA wonderful, wonderful people :) xx

    submitted by /u/detourcake
    [link] [comments]

    i hit a parked car but talked with the owner

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 02:39 PM PDT

    i'm a fairly new driver and when pulling out i hit a parked car. the owner was in the car and she came out immediately and was very upset. i made a scratch on the back of her car. she said she would have to get it fixed and asked her friend if the car looked bad (her friend said no). she asked me if i wanted to give my insurance information or just leave, so i asked her if i could go. she said yes but just be sure not to hit her car again as i left the parking lot. i didn't and i made sure to leave and then i just went home.

    i don't know if she is going to press charges or anything because i didn't leave any contact information. at most she has my license plate which can get her connected to everything. i didn't take pictures or anything. i understand it is my fault and that she can sue me but do you think she will be pressing charges based on her demeanor? and will i get in trouble if she said i could leave? also, how much will it cost and will it raise my insurance significantly?

    i live in ny btw

    submitted by /u/offensivebrief
    [link] [comments]

    Subrogated for Deductible - Other insurance companies claiming driver is uninsured

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 01:36 PM PDT

    My car was totaled by a driver while it was parked legally (street parking). The driver was cited with an OVI, and I had my car totaled and paid the deductible out of pocket, as I claimed with my insurance to get things taken care of quickly.

    4 months later, my insurance company tells me the driver was uninsured (they were insured, as it was a rental vehicle, but neither the drivers insurance nor the rental car insurance is accepting liability). They are taking the driver to court, but the letter I got from my insurance company tells me that it will be unlikely to collect. So am I just fucked when it comes to getting my deductible back? I'm not hurting for money, but I am a bit pissed that I am just completely shit out of $1000 because someone smashed my car to pieces while I was asleep. Do I have any recourse aside from waiting for the subrogation to probably unsuccessfully finish, or taking the other driver to small claims court, which will also likely be an exercise in futility?

    submitted by /u/Holovoid
    [link] [comments]

    First time driver - auto insurance

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 01:02 PM PDT

    Anyone know any good auto insurance companies for first time drivers that aren't 500 a month? 😑 I live in florida, and I am 19 yo and a female. I just got my license monday and I tried calling several insurance companies, almost all are quoting me 400-500+ (geico, progressive, all state) a month for a 2016-2017 vw jetta/passat that I am looking at. This seems INSANE to me, even as a new driver. My mom won't put me on her plan so that isn't an option.

    What can I do?

    submitted by /u/anonxanonn
    [link] [comments]

    Listing yourself as an insurance provider - Florida

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 12:47 PM PDT

    Hello my record used to be bad when it comes to driving but I havent got a ticket or pulled over in about 5 years. I was reached out by someone who saw my original post on Facebook and said I could list myself as my insurance provider to save a bit of money.

    The catch

    He said I would have to pay myself monthly

    && obviously if I got in a wreck....

    Is any of this true or have you heard of this being done before?

    submitted by /u/taylor2121
    [link] [comments]

    NC - Help with Car Insurance

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 12:19 PM PDT

    Hello Reddit! I'm a 24yr old female that lives in NC. I don't have a car as of right now, but I would like to get an liability insurance so I can atleast get my license. I went to some agencies in my area, but they say advised that I be in my Mom's insurance policy (I live with my parents) since I never had my license...

    But she's been procrastinating as far as putting me in her policy, and I want my own insurance. Is there a way that I can get my own insurance ?

    submitted by /u/Hijadelpalmas
    [link] [comments]

    NY - Had policy with state farm. Was sold on Home owners as well. They are cancelling my auto insurance because they erred?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 11:55 AM PDT

    Basically I was sold on their car insurance as a lower (not by much) rate with the 100/300 I wanted. They then had a bundled home insurance option which was WAY lower than my current, so I switched that. I was upfront with my driving record. I had 2 suspensions (failed to appear tickets from the sticks). Agent confirmed this when I signed up, and when the policy started.

    Now 2 months later the agent called that they are cancelling because even though they were aware of the suspensions, they didn't want to insure at that rate ($100) any more. New rate jumped $150 to $250. I was pissed, because I just went through home owner insurance switching, and not having it bundled with auto put it higher than my previous insurance.

    I haven't started looking again, but 11/4 is my cutoff for the current policy being cancelled. The agent then called back that they were able to work it down to ~$150/mo with the same coverage / deductible. They continued to apologize profusely. I'm still super annoyed.

    How should I approach this? To be clear, although bitter I understand that I can only operate within the realm of my contract/state laws. That said in my industry, if we fuck up with our initial quote - we're stuck honoring that until the end of our original, agreed up term. Any luck for NY and State Farm? Should I contact their corporate to lament about this local office's issue? Should I call the agent who's name is on the office?

    submitted by /u/delawaredog2
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment