• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 15, 2019

    Just landed a 3 year $10MM deal Sales and Selling

    Just landed a 3 year $10MM deal Sales and Selling


    Just landed a 3 year $10MM deal

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 07:22 PM PDT

    Needed to tell someone! Too bad, my company caps my commission at 30% of my base. That part is bittersweet.

    submitted by /u/Buildadoor
    [link] [comments]

    Car sales

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 03:16 PM PDT

    I have my first appointment tomorrow morning... the woman knows it's going to be top of the line, she explicitly said she will only come in if I have exactly what she's looking for... well we have it and it's the LAST ONE... I called her back and she's coming in at 9:30 tomorrow morning to test drive it and hopefully purchase... She was amazing on the phone, and the area I live in is pretty well off... still, I don't come from money and this will be my first real go at it... please send me all the tips and good vibes!!!

    submitted by /u/milkycactus32
    [link] [comments]

    How bad is it if I refuse to go to a sales convention?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 06:24 AM PDT

    We have a week long sales convention coming up and I want to tell my boss I am not going. They are flying everyone to Orlando, Florida for this. I just do not want to go. I don't like planes and I have really bad social anxiety. Everyone says it is a fun time but I do not care. And before you say "how are you in sales then?" I work in a call center cold calling all day. It sucks but it's way easier to do than go around and pitch face to face. How bad would this look?

    submitted by /u/itsohsodemi
    [link] [comments]

    does anyone cold call people in finance? CFO's, Finance Directors, Controllers

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 03:00 PM PDT

    How the fuck do you do it? They are so hard to talk to. How do you book a meeting

    submitted by /u/DinglerBerries
    [link] [comments]

    Damage Control/ thick skin

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 04:46 PM PDT

    Hey All,

    Any good resources you like to use for "Damage Control" with clients? I hate the part of sales where customers can get angry. You do so much work to get them rolling then it seems like anything can go wrong....

    Or do you just have to grow a thicker skin?

    submitted by /u/JerryThompson2018
    [link] [comments]

    Getting yourself to shutup?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 08:20 PM PDT

    I talk too much. I love to offer advice and overexplain with less qualified leads and don't realize till after the call.

    For qualified leads I'm much better. I can drill into it the call and uncover the blockers with questions. So it's the less qualified ones that are usually newer to the space and have questions for me in turn.

    But overall I probably talk too much so wondering how y'all have kept yourself on track and your mouth shut.

    submitted by /u/scratchthatcooking
    [link] [comments]

    What companies in the DFW area have the best workplace culture, environment, pay and or benefits for entry to mid level sales roles?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 04:08 PM PDT

    I have 3 years of B2B cold calling and sales experience along with simple account management with my own company, and I'm looking to get a job possibly in a BDR or SDR role. I'm in my mid-late 20's and have never worked in the corporate world. I have no frame of reference for what I should really be looking for in a good company or what to watch out for when discussing pay structure, benefits, or work/life balance. Your input is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/ohwhattodonow123
    [link] [comments]

    I am unsure whether I am just settling, or should be actively pursuing higher paying roles.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 10:06 AM PDT

    I work for a sales company primarily outbound phone sales advertising small businesses online.

    Throughout the last 12 months of working there I've consistently been either the top seller or within the top 3 sellers every month.

    We are paid a $800 weekly retainer that is debit/credit, with a bonus structure paid out every month.

    Most months after tax I usually earn a bonus of around $2500-3000, so about $5700 per month.

    This job is hard, mentally taxing, but it's also very rewarding and I like how it stimulates my brain. It's a great work environment as well, not the typical sleazy cutthroat sales roles I've been in before.

    The ticket items we sell are roughly $1000 a year as an upfront payment. We are a newer company who doesn't have as much of a name out their like our competitors (who charge around $80 billed monthly).

    I am investing a lot of time inside work and outside work bettering my craft, learning and reading more not only about sales but personal development. Tbh I feel like I spend a lot of time outside of work hours doing added training etc that if my monthly pay was broken down into hourly, it really wouldn't be that great.

    I am wondering whether I should start exploring alternatives for higher paying sales roles (I am in Australia), and if so, what would your suggestions be?

    I am also thinking about staying with the company, earning enough to build a decent chunk of savings, and either start a business, or invest heavily.

    It may not be enough information but those that have been in a similar situation in the past, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/JJ_RABBID
    [link] [comments]

    Have a great idea but no team/support? New sub helps to connect founders with passionate professionals from all backgrounds to form long lasting teams to make things happen.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 11:08 AM PDT

    Hello All,

    Some of us who frequent the startup/entrepreneurial reddit space have started a new sub dedicated to helping potential founders with new ideas find professionals across all functional areas to help establish long-term teams to make things happen. It is not supposed to be a place to pick up freelancers looking to be hired, but instead a place where you can put your idea out there and find professionals from all backgrounds who are actually passionate about your concept and want to help you make it a reality. Need a lawyer, accountant, or marketing professional on your team? Need a connection? We hope this will eventually become a place where you can find them.

    This sub is 100% dedicated as a posting board to match people up. It takes some of the clutter posting off this sub and provides a place to make connections.

    r/crowdspark

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/lwadz88
    [link] [comments]

    Is Challenger Sales the best model for the SAAS industry ?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 02:41 PM PDT

    Join a a start-up or stay in current position?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 05:53 PM PDT

    Wanted to hear some thoughts on a current situation I'm in.

    Right now I'm in a role selling professional services to current clients (training/consulting/SAP builds). The company has been in the industry for a little over twenty years, but only just hit its stride back in 2010. Essentially we've been out of the initial startup phase for a bit and growing fast.

    But the sales teams is a literal revolving door. I've seen three bdrs teams since I've been here (8 months) and half the AMs are gone. Luckily I did well and moved up. We missed our Q3 goal in sales after not missing ~23-26 quarters.

    Leadership (our VP) is super out of touch with the team and is starting to aggressively micromanage.

    A new opportunity came up with a startup founded back in 2017. There's currently around ~30 employees. It was founded by a co founder of another successful startup that was sold for ~100m.

    I'll be doing more work and potentially getting paid less. Hopefully I can negotiate a similar salary. But there's the chance of equity and being a part of a bigger objective.

    I like the product, it's a bit of CRM, e-mail marketing, contract management. Target market are insurance agents, real estate agents, lawyers. Those who rely on person to person relationships for their business.

    Would it be a smart idea to join this startup? I know there's risk but the reward could be great as well. My current situation is relatively secure and I could ride through for another 1-3 years. But I'm having a hard time deciding.

    It'd be great to hear some opinions. Also I'm only 23 and my current position is my first job out of college.

    submitted by /u/huynhorlose
    [link] [comments]

    Urgh- all day meetings ruining reputation

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 11:12 AM PDT

    I work in a field based sales team and we meet to discuss ideas, like many of you do. This is quite important as it's where you build your internal reputation. Sadly, I can't hack a whole day and often after lunch, I will get crotchety and fidgety. Today I was so stuffy, I even asked the boss for a break. Wasn't upset but others could cope. I even started to get highly annoyed with others making continual points over and over. I've always been like this, can cope with a few hours. Also, I've never been well liked in my team and often I wonder if this is why!

    Does anyone suffer from this? I find focusing for 7 hours and having to listen to what I feel are points being repeated over and over and just not getting to point makes me frustrated. I'm not good at the corporate game.

    I love meetings with clients but my own sales team, I've always found within the team in any company feels quite competitive and I just don't enjoy these meetings.

    Help and advice please

    submitted by /u/RaferJthe3rd
    [link] [comments]

    Home Security Systems B2C door to doorsales 17 first job?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 05:03 PM PDT

    So the run down the company is a fairly new start-up"Bright Shield Security" just under a year old, I was forward the job offering from a business mentor of mine which I do trust. From what I have been told, is that the pay is commission-based, with the benefit of residual income of what I believe to be $17 a month for however long the customer stays with the company with unlimited earning potential, online training following a shadow and then its go time. The reason I want to work in sales is that I hope to one day own my own successful business and from what I've been told sales is the best skill to have when it comes to business. I want to earn some cash on the side while still in high school and eventually college but I also want to work to learn is door to door the place to be for developing those skills? or just a waste of my time.

    From you vetrans out here would this offer be worth my time?

    Any tips and advice for when it comes to closing, pitches, objections, etc? As this could potentially be my first job.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/deltazing82
    [link] [comments]

    Engineer, new to Sales...how to manage a new customer who is slow to give product requirements?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 04:06 PM PDT

    I recently joined a company that sold me (haha) on the idea of doing sales in addition to my role of engineering products (capital equipment) . This seemed like a great opportunity, as just about every experienced engineer has encountered a salesperson who failed to properly capture product requirements. Figured I could avoid those problems.

    My company is strictly B2B. We go after strategically-picked accounts. Getting assigned a new account is a big deal...there are very few potential customers in my industry, and they are generally large companies.

    This week, I was assigned a new account. The customer is expecting me to quote and design new products. But the problem is that they haven't adequately defined the operational specifications for the product. Imagine a product that fits inside a box...well, they haven't even defined how big the box is. So I'm unable to confidently design the product they're asking me to quote. Sure, I could spitball a rough quote at them and hope it sticks, but then the risk is that the final product is unacceptable, uncompetitively priced, and/or unprofitable. But we're under a time crunch (competitive bid), and the technical contact is not answering my spec questions in a timely fashion.

    What's the right strategy here?

    submitted by /u/BrokenSun1984
    [link] [comments]

    Have you ever just emailed a Google Calendar invite for a meeting to a Lead who you've had trouble getting ahold of?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 11:47 AM PDT

    How do I incorporate numbers into my resume? (SAAS IT Sales)

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 07:02 AM PDT

    Spoke with a recruiter from LinkedIn, now all I have to do is send a resume to her, she said the hiring sales manager is all about the numbers. My last two roles as an AE were at start-up's and I don't have any numbers or stats really.

    Can they verify these numbers? Do I make some arbitrary percentages?

    Any advice would be appreciated, I have no degree and I really need this.

    submitted by /u/MacoroniStinson
    [link] [comments]

    SDR career path

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 06:23 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    Recently moved to a new city and finally got planted at a great startup making above market pay. What is the best way to start moving forwards from a SDR role? My boss has mentioned account management, sales manager and closing roles.

    Would it be better to take the manager role, or look for more the closing position? The account management sounds interesting as well but I'm not much of a farmer.

    Thanks all,

    submitted by /u/imaginewhip
    [link] [comments]

    How does one break into a different country's market?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 10:00 AM PDT

    I've worked in sales within the United States and with an established German focused company (with solid customers who know and trust us). However, I was assigned to expand my companies (software company) sales into Spain and Italy. We have some people (mainly single end-users) buying our product but I'm looking to find an in into larger companies and universities.

    We have a few re-sellers in Spain selling my product but they have yet to respond to my E-mails to them.

    I have tried reaching out to the limited amount of people who have purchased from us in Spain and Italy to get some insight/knowledge from them and potentially ask for referrals but I have also been waiting several weeks to hear back from them as well.

    What other routes could I be taking to understand the market a little better and find a way to start selling in these countries?

    submitted by /u/Fabicocoa
    [link] [comments]

    Should small software orgs use a systems integrator or large partner to penetrate Fortune accts that are only looking at a single solution (not a larger tech/advisement package)?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 01:43 PM PDT

    If the software company is primarily selling to Enterprise orgs with specific software needs, is it helpful to work with a SI or partner? We have won several large deals this way with partners, but most were part of a larger advisement/tech package. Our goal is to eventually sell direct, especially on more specific opps/needs.

    With this in mind, I tried going solo on one recently, and lost it. I did not bring in a partner since the prospect did not seem to have broader needs. Reason being that SI and partners usually offer an inflated project/consulting fee with no other tools or solutions (which can hurt us more so than just pricing fairly with direct sale). So pros and cons on both sides. But outside of the high pricing and more cooks in the kitchen, is it critical/helpful to work with SI or partner if the prospect is specifically looking only at a single solution?

    submitted by /u/Clovadaddy
    [link] [comments]

    What to do when coworkers you outperform keep telling you how to do your job.

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 05:09 PM PDT

    I've been at this new company two weeks. I'm already the top salesman in the office two weeks running, but I'm getting annoyed by supervisors and coworkers. They demand I stick to their sales script and tactics, even when it doesn't work. I am outproducing the next closest person by 30%, and the office median by 200%, yet I get told how I'm doing XYZ wrong.

    How do I go about telling them their stock rebuttals suck, and a script is only a basic outline that doesn't account for every scenario? In a nutshell I'm being asked to do what everyone else does, even though what everyone else does is 200% less successful. I nearly walked out after accounting for half the sales today on a 10 person sales team on my own. It's getting to me and starting to effect my motivation to show up to work. I need some advice on explaining to them in a way that doesn't come off as arrogant that their approach is weak and not effective enough. Should I listen to their advice? Are they threatened by my presence? It's getting beyond ridiculous.

    Edit: you all have been a great help. Thank you. I need to just humble myself and let my numbers continue to speak for me and gain some tenure around there. I appreciate all the advice.

    submitted by /u/ZidaneXStrife
    [link] [comments]

    Tech Recruiting (head hunter) to Saas Sales

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 12:32 PM PDT

    Thinking about making the jump. I have been in a good spot doing full desk recruiting (have a rolodex of a couple of clients and placing folks) for 5 1/2 years, same company. It's a traditional Head Hunting firm, so a good amount of cold emails and calls, InMails, LinkedIn messages...it's basically sales. I've got good technical chops and understand IT and Software, mostly place "engineers".

    I know I'd have to take a step back in my overall "career" as I've made 100k+ the past 4 years and help hire/fire/manage; I will have to take on an SDR position. I don't have a BS full degree (finished up to Jr year at Big Ten school), parents got laid off during recission and didn't want the loans but took enough meaningful courses to be worth it (kind of).

    So, how much would that hold me back and I'm sure many have done the change I'm going through - but maybe not the exact situation?

    All and any advice is much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Kdbrewst
    [link] [comments]

    Here's an interesting transition.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 08:36 AM PDT

    I've been in personal lines insurance sales for a captive agent for the last four years. Yesterday, I accepted a job offer that involves switching industries. Starting in two weeks I'll be the Sales Manager for a company that manufactures fiberglass peddle boats. In addition to standard peddle boats they also make animal themed peddle boats (think swan boats at a park).

    Wondering if anyone here has experience selling a product like this. Primarily I'll be trying to sign up new dealers, sell to parks & rec departments, rental facilities, and to a smaller extent, direct to consumers. Basically looking for any tips that anyone might have. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/transplanttexan
    [link] [comments]

    Calling all expert prospectors, need help identifying best leads for RFP Software.

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 11:58 AM PDT

    I'm currently interviewing with a company that sells RFP software and have been requested to identify the best contacts within a target company of my choice.

    Is anyone able to inform me which job functions/titles the best points of contact would be while selling software that streamlines RFP/RFI/Security Questionnaire processes?

    Thank you for any insights provided!

    submitted by /u/Zincca
    [link] [comments]

    Any advice for a rookie?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 07:53 AM PDT

    Hey all! I'm fresh out of college and new to sales and been finding it a bit of a transition to get used to. I'm working in a bank, and as such a big part of my job is making outbound sales calls (in my case, trying to get people to come sit down for retirement checkups with me or the financial advisor for the most part). I know with experience I'll get better, but does anyone have some tips for a rookie salesman?

    submitted by /u/FlyLikeDaBeagle
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else quit weed to further themselves in sales?

    Posted: 15 Oct 2019 11:34 AM PDT

    It's official, I sold all my weed... I had a hard time admitting I had a problem, but smoking every day has caused problems in my sales career... First of all, I'm just getting into the game. I'm 21 and started my first job as a hotel sales manager. Over the last couple of weeks I've noticed my brain fog is causing a lot of problems, can't remember things, hard time talking to clients, no way of handling stress...

    Even tho I picked up a million good habits (Gym, meditation, clean room, etc) and kicked a bunch of bad habits (alcohol, nicotine, porn, etc) I thought I'd never leave weed...

    I figured it was about time I take this seriously and sold my stash. Although I'm sad, I believe it's gunna help me in the long run.

    Any of you fellas kick your addictions? How has it helped you in sales? Would love to hear some success stories to keep me motivated to live a sober lifestyle while working in sales

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/WhatUpItsJarad
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment