• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 13, 2019

    Father passed away recently - Life Insurance Question Insurance

    Father passed away recently - Life Insurance Question Insurance


    Father passed away recently - Life Insurance Question

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 02:10 AM PDT

    I'll list the main points of the case that I think are relevant before asking the question.

    • Insurance policy was first purchased by my father and went into effect in the mid 90s.
    • He stopped paying premiums in 2015, so the policy went out of effect at that point.
    • In 2016, he got diagnosed with cancer. He applied to get the policy reinstated shortly afterwards and paid delinquent premiums and fees.
    • One of the conditions for reinstating the policy was passing a medical exam, which he did.
    • The company accepted the reinstatement application at that time in 2016.
    • However, he had not told them he had cancer.
    • He died recently from pneumonia, which his body was too weak to fight due to the cancer treatment.
    • He died in 2019, which is past the contestability period.

    The Question: Assuming the likely scenario that the insurance company finds out he didn't tell them about the cancer, are we nevertheless protected by the "Incontestability" clauses in the policy?

    These clauses read as follows:

    • Incontestability: This Policy shall be incontestable after it has been in force during the life time of the Insured for two years from its Date of Issue except for non-payment of premium.

    • Reinstatement: ... a reinstated Policy shall be constestable on account of fraud or misrepresentation of material facts pertaining to the reinstatement for two years from the date of reinstatement.

    Any help is much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/bartman88
    [link] [comments]

    How do approved prescriptions work if you don't have insurance anymore?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 08:53 PM PDT

    Let's say I have more refills left, will I still be able to get them even after my insurance expires if the label says I have later than that to redeem them?

    submitted by /u/PuzzledMaybe
    [link] [comments]

    New car got backed into: Claim on other person's insurance or no/wait?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 08:57 PM PDT

    So I was at my buddy's house the other night, along with a few other people. We were all parked in the street and about to leave. I was walking up to my car and watched a girl (I've met her 2x before but lot a good friend by any means) back right into my car. My car is a new 2019 Hyundai Elantra Sport that I just purchased < 2 months ago (~3000 miles on the car today). She was just driving some older SUV.

    What happened: This was one of the worst displays of driving intelligence I've ever witnessed. There was a great amount of room in front of her to pull forward and turn around (we were parked near a no outlet where everyone would have to turn around). My car was parked fairly close behind her but still with at least half a car's distance between. She literally just stayed in reverse and hit my parked car. There really wasn't even a reason to back up to begin with.

    The damage: My grill was scratched the worst whereas there was some scuffing on the paint and even less so the lights. Apparently there's a small crack in the grill that I later noticed but I will get more to that in the next paragraph. She said she'd pay, got number from her, etc. The next day, she asked if it weren't that costly, if she could possibly just pay out of pocket and not go through insurance for rate purposes. I said I'll check and see.

    The estimates: For the first body shop, I had my mom take it for me since I worked all day (I'm a recent college grad and this was my first big purchase with my own money). The guy gave her 2 estimates: buffing everything at $110 vs replacing the grill and buffing the rest at $1100 because the grill is $900. The thing is, he wasn't even 100% sure if he could buff the grill because of it's "different finishing". I then took it for a second opinion this morning. I was given the $1100 estimate only today since the guy today noticed a small crack in the grill (I didn't even notice it before but noticed everything else).

    My Question: Should I even try to have the guy attempt to buff everything, or just go straight to claiming on her insurance for the $1100 job? The buff everything estimate guy didn't know if he could do the grill or see the small crack. I was only considering that to be a nice guy and not have to contact her insurance. She had said she'd pay for the damage either way before. From my point of view, most of my money is going toward this car for months so I can pay it off quickly. Basically I'd like for it to not be even slightly damaged, being so new at 3000 miles.

    TLDR: Some girl I know but not well backed into my parked car the other night but said she'd pay for it. Do I have some body shop attempt to buff everything (including the grill the guy wasn't 100% sure he could do yet without trying) at $110 in order to be nice and not contact her insurance...or... go straight to claiming on her insurance at $1100 (expensive since grill is $900) since there's even a small (not all the way through) crack in the grill. This would guarantee at least the grill was new. And I'm saying go straight to her insurance with that option since I'm assuming she'd not want to pay $1100 out of pocket.

    I'm about to comment a couple pictures of the grill scratches. I don't have any of the paint or crack in the grilll but could take some

    submitted by /u/FlounderFund
    [link] [comments]

    Allstate fell through my ceiling

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 10:38 AM PDT

    This just happened a couple of hours ago. Was getting decorations and fell through my ceiling. I'm okay but I broke the plenum off my ac unit in the attic and tore through my ceiling about 3 x 5 hole. I'm worried to even mention it to Allstate for fear of losing my coverage. I filed a claim in March for wind damage to my roof and they're already going up on my premiums when I renew next year. I'm not a handy person and I'm already financially strapped. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

    Edit: Thanks for all the info guys. I'm upset and not thinking straight. I'm going to try to fix it myself. I may be able to do the AC myself as well. Truly helpful subreddit. Thanks again!

    submitted by /u/clearagony
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone heard of Athene life insurance and Voya Financial?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 02:35 AM PDT

    Are these two well known? My mom got life insurance through them but I'm kind of skeptical cause they're not a huge company.

    submitted by /u/rujz
    [link] [comments]

    [TX] Allstate is totaling my recently purchased vehicle. How to not get screwed?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 07:32 PM PDT

    I was hit by a distracted driver two weeks after buying a used car that I adored. Vehicle is definitely totaled. Allstate accepted liability. My costs are greater than the sticker price of the vehicle and I want to know what is realistic to get back.

    I spent weeks searching for this car and found great deal. The car has custom features like dual color seats that are difficult to find. The replacement costs is likely higher than what I paid (I got an employee discount at my buddies dealership. It was a Goldilocks situation).

    1A) is it Allstate's responsibility to make me whole?

    1) Am I owed what I paid or what it would take to get the same car on the market? What about transportation fees?

    2) I don't know if I can afford to use that much personal time to find a car that fits my needs so soon and may need to hire a car hunter service. Can I get reimbursed for that?

    3) How long can I get the rental car for? I need time to find a new car.

    4) Sales tax, registration fees, dealership fees. I am really not cool with paying $1000+ because some dude was driving and texting (I bought the car outright). I know they won't want to pay this, I don't know how they can argue in good faith that this isn't damages from their client since the car was purchased 2 weeks ago. It's not like it's a 10 year old car and I could be reasonably expected to encounter these costs again anytime soon.

    5) Bodily injury claim (this one may be too fact specific for Reddit): they offered $1000 as a full and final settlement after the front and curtain airbags went off. Seems low. My ears were ringing for two days and I don't know how to quantify progressive hearing damage. Airbags also cut up my wrist to the point that I have to keep it wrapped to go out in public.

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/BullionCube
    [link] [comments]

    Surprise bill from the urgent care!?!?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 08:36 PM PDT

    BCBS subscriber here.

    Went to the urgent care a few weeks back because I was having some major trouble falling asleep after being off my med for a year. They took my card, billed it, everything was fine. $10 copay like usual.

    Then today in the mail I get a bill from them for the FULL AMOUNT of the visit and it's absolutely insane for an urgent care facility. What in the world is going on here? I've never in my life had this happen.

    submitted by /u/Capta1nKrunch
    [link] [comments]

    Have full coverage on my brand new ATV that was rolled over and took damage. Question...

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 08:00 PM PDT

    So I allowed a friend to drive my new ATV and in the 30 seconds they drove it, they took a turn too fast and rolled it. Friend is okay, no injuries, no police report.

    Thought the only damage to it was a tie rod end so I replaced it, only to find out that there's likely significant damage to the ATV.

    This happened approx a month ago. I'm worried that for some reason my insurance company will not allow me to make a claim on it to get it repaired because of my mistake in not catching the worse damage sooner.

    So for anyone who has been in this situation, or for anyone who is an insurance claims person, am I screwed? Or should I make the call?

    submitted by /u/shouldaneverdidthat
    [link] [comments]

    How long does it take to fix insurance?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 06:08 PM PDT

    Im not the most knowledgeable on this stuff as I am a teen but I really need an eye exam, but my name is under an insurance that we don't use when it's supposed to be under another and we called to change it. They said they did. We've been the the doctor four times and the doctors are saying my insurance is still the same and another has changed. I really need an exam and apparently my mother can't afford to pay out of pocket. Im very scared my condition may worsen before i get it fixed.

    submitted by /u/niyuhhh
    [link] [comments]

    Can I lower my insurance?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 10:39 AM PDT

    So i'm a 19 year old driver, i have full coverage on my car, my insurance is $235, is there anything I can possible do to reduce this? I really dont want to have to settle for that cost, its more than the car payment itself, ANY advice would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/onlyreign_
    [link] [comments]

    Check doesn’t match estimate

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 04:00 PM PDT

    Earlier this week I posted about being rear ended and questioned if I could cash out rather than get my car fixed. After getting an estimate for the damages (~$1700) the insurance agency said they would have to get this approved as the body shop was out of their network. I called Friday and my call was only returned with a text (after business hours) saying that they uploaded the approved amount to the claim and mailed me a check for $877. Can anyone explain this or offer advice ?

    submitted by /u/alleged-discretion
    [link] [comments]

    Therapy question!

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 03:55 PM PDT

    Hi everyone. I am new to seeking mental health help and want to make sure I understand my coverage? My plan states:

    ""Outpatient mental disorders treatment office visits to a physician or behavioral health provider pays a $25 copayment then the plan pays 100% (of the balance of the negotiated charge) per visit thereafter No policy year deductible applies"

    Does this mean I pay $25 once and I'm fully covered there after if I see a psychologist? Or is there an exception of that "negotiated charge"?

    Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/OctopusSkull1912
    [link] [comments]

    What are the steps to follow if you were gifted a used car (from mother to myself)?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 03:35 PM PDT

    State: NY Title under mom's name (non/driver) Registration under dad's ( deceased) Revoked license (bro)

    Reason for gifting: Insurance dropped the insurance and mom has no other drivers and she doesn't driver herself. The listed driver had a revoked license. License pending to renew but never did.

    She wants to just give me the car and include it to my car insurance. Currently, we have 2 cars in my policy with DH.

    What are the proper steps to do this? I want to call my insurance to get a quote first.

    submitted by /u/liltisay
    [link] [comments]

    Rear-ended with no insurance. How do I claim damage under other person’s insurance?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 03:19 PM PDT

    We exchanged information.

    submitted by /u/SliccWilly
    [link] [comments]

    Fiancé got approved for Medicaid’s didnt know she was supposed to be dropped from parents insurance within 31 days

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 09:21 AM PDT

    (Louisiana) Fiancé was approved for Medicaid and didn't know she was supposed to be taken off her parents within 31 days, it's now a month and 16 days into having Medicaid and she's pregnant, parents cannot drop her from their plan until January (open enrollment) and last day of February is baby due date, for future ultra sounds and doctor visits should she be using her Medicaid or parents insurance basically what should she do to not have some form of insurance fraud.

    submitted by /u/destrox67676767
    [link] [comments]

    Car was hit by loose cargo that fell from truck bed.

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 03:10 PM PDT

    My car was hit by what we assume was a bag of corn or feed. It was being hauled in the bed of a pickup and wasn't secured properly. The car was on a two lane bridge behind the truck and couldn't swerve to avoid the bag because it would've required hitting oncoming traffic. They person didn't stop and we had to follow them to their destination and wait for the police. When the police got there a report was made and we went home. My insurance company said we aren't at fault and as long as the report matches the version of events we shared then we will just have to file a claim with the other people's insurance. What do you guys think? There's some cosmetic damage to the bumper cover and looks like a headlight took a hard blow. Will they try and fight it or will they own it?

    submitted by /u/hal0persin
    [link] [comments]

    Question about rate increase in Ohio

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 08:27 AM PDT

    Hi! I received a ticket for 40 in a 25 zone in my suburb which I think normally carries 2 points. When I went to court I got the points taken off so that it was a 0 points offense. Would I expect my rates to still go up on renewal?

    submitted by /u/davesantan42
    [link] [comments]

    Our cars got stolen but we only have liability insurance. Do we have to report to insurance? Concerned they will raise our rates while not doing anything to help.

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 01:58 PM PDT

    We already filed the police report. Do we need to do anything with insurance though? The cars had liliability only.

    Most importantly will it raise our rates later even if they dont pay out? We expected to get comprehensive insurance once we get replacements and dont want this to hurt us.

    Both cars were broken into at an apt complex and hotwired so it was not due to negligence on our part. This is in TX

    This situation sucks so hard.

    submitted by /u/TheBeezNeez1
    [link] [comments]

    Is saying sorry to the person whose car you scrapped admitting liability?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 01:23 PM PDT

    So, I was going straight on a dual carriage way round about (in the left lane) and instead of going into the left lane on the turn off, I decided to go into the right one because the car in front was quite slow. Apparently there was a car in the right lane next to me turning into the right lane onto the same road, I didn't see him and our wheel covers scraped each other but that's about it (luckily).

    I know I'm at fault, and in my panic as I'm a young driver and it was my first crash, I failed to get any of the mans details including taking photos of the slight damage he had (a few paint scrapes above the passenger side wheel). I have since been told that apologising is admitting liability and that I shouldn't have even if I was at fault.

    My insurance has an excess of £500 meaning any damages under that I'd have to pay out of pocket (I believe), so I offered to cover the bill for the damages. I was night time when it happened a few hours ago so there is potentially dents as it was hard to see.

    I know it's a long tale for a short question but essentially am I doing the right thing money wise? Is saying your sorry admitting fault?

    submitted by /u/whatsgoing-on
    [link] [comments]

    8668604062 Real Health Insurance Getmehealthcare

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 11:41 AM PDT

    I read a prior posting stating someone was concerned over a phone number for this company. The company has won awards from Healthcare.gov. It has Short term and Major Medical. Do not listen to others stating otherwise as it states this clearly on the website.

    submitted by /u/HBDCVP02
    [link] [comments]

    Please help translate insurance-agent-speak "contemplated" to English

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 10:35 AM PDT

    Asking our HOA liability insurance agent if our walking/riding trails are covered.

    Response: "There is no specific endorsement on the policy for the trails. The trails are contemplated in the Parks or Playgrounds classification 46671 on page 14 of the policy."

    Bold italics are mine. What does "contemplated" mean in this context? I have searched a number of insurance glossaries and can't find it.

    submitted by /u/PunchyBeagle
    [link] [comments]

    Not Paying Unused COBRA Premiums?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 10:11 AM PDT

    After losing my job at the beginning of June, I waited until the last possible minute to elect for COBRA coverage. I now owe premiums for July, Aug, Sep and Oct.

    With my new job, I will have new coverage starting Nov. 1st.

    During the these months I never used COBRA at all.

    Will not paying these premiums result in being sent to collections or will it just cancel my coverage?

    submitted by /u/theFaxx
    [link] [comments]

    30k surgery and no active insurance

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 09:56 AM PDT

    I must undergo 30k worth of badly needed surgery and I am freshly out of my master degree (very little money in my account).

    Would it be advisable to contract an insurance just to finance it? Or do they have ways to prevent these "exploitative" cases?

    submitted by /u/Anitaliandude
    [link] [comments]

    Totaled car, not at fault, the other’s insurance doesn’t has enough coverage for my property damage, what should do?

    Posted: 11 Oct 2019 07:22 PM PDT

    Got into a car accident 6 days ago, not at fault, their insurance company told me this afternoon that my car is totaled. The actual cash value is around 16,000, but the at fault driver's property damage liability only covers 10,000. He seems not willing to pay the rest 6,000, what should I do? If I sue him, what's the cost? Say if I win the case, and he still refuse to pay me, what should I do?

    submitted by /u/anothermondayc
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment