• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 16, 2019

    Accounting really tho

    Accounting really tho


    really tho

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 06:21 AM PDT

    When you spend 12 hours redoing something because you completely fucked it up prior year and nobody caught it

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 05:19 PM PDT

    Saw this on the @Big4Accountant on instagram and died laughing for about 10 minutes.

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 12:00 PM PDT

    When you've been in industry for three years and a recruiter reaches out to you about a great opportunity in public accounting

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 08:30 PM PDT

    Scrubs

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 07:21 PM PDT

    Had a classmate walk into an interview with BDO.

    Partner: "So, why BDO?"

    Classmate: "I've always wanted to work for one of the Big 4!"

    He is a marketing major now

    submitted by /u/JackMichael2314
    [link] [comments]

    Is "our firm is growing at a rapid pace" another phrase for "you are gonna be pulling 80+ hour weeks"?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 02:17 PM PDT

    I am tired

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 08:46 PM PDT

    Thats all...

    submitted by /u/legochocolate
    [link] [comments]

    The first action of many newly promoted Managers at Big 4

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 05:08 AM PDT

    Today I taught my boss how to expand the size of columns in Excel

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 09:25 AM PDT

    I work in public accounting. I emailed my boss an excel file to review. On my screen all the columns were fine, but I guess his screen resolution is different so a few of the columns were too small and therefore had the hashmarks in it when he opened the file. He started freaking out, legit believing that the file was corroded and we'd have to spend time recreating the file. I took his mouse from him and expanded the column, and he calmed down.

    I should add that he makes at least 3X as much as I do. How do people like this exist in accounting? 😑

    submitted by /u/dsm1324
    [link] [comments]

    Goosebumps

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 12:01 PM PDT

    Someone misses sipping that Big 4 Kool-aid

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 01:01 PM PDT

    What's the one thing that you wish all first/second year associates understood, but for some reason nobody does?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 08:07 PM PDT

    Can anyone relate?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 06:47 AM PDT

    Jesus...

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 08:04 AM PDT

    Post B4, what next?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 02:36 PM PDT

    I'm a CPA at a loss in my career after leaving B4 audit (after first year senior) to industry. The general routine of the monthly work is slow as I find myself with not enough projects between each month-end. I left audit because of the hours, travel and politics. I'd like to leave my current role but talking to recruiters and looking at postings, so many jobs are just more of the same thing. I've communicated my lack of work to my Manager/Director but they don't have much for me. In Managers/Directors/VP roles, it seems to just be approving statements, managing a team, more complex accounting issues/providing guidance, implementing systems, manage the audit, negotiate fees etc. which seems boring to me.

    I've attended a couple accounting conferences this year and some highlight emerging technology like AI, crypto, machine learning etc. Is there some way that I can get involved in this that I might be able to work towards being a subject matter expert in? I'd be worried of being overly specialized and stuck in the niche specialization though. Or is there something else I could be doing (like FP&A... though I think it is quite routine as well)? I'm also entertaining the idea of going back to B4 (in a non-audit line of service like valuation or forensic accounting). I enjoyed the work but disliked everything else but... also don't really want to hate my life again either nor do I know what line of service I would want to try to work towards.

    I'm just not sure what is a good career path to pursue anymore and am lost in wondering what is next for me. Is targeting a F500 role good or a start-up/medium size company better? I want the 9-5 life but I want to feel challenged and to thrive at work.. Can those co-exist? How can I get the "cake" and eat it too?

    submitted by /u/updateprime
    [link] [comments]

    Panicking - What do I do????

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 06:25 PM PDT

    I just got like 7 rejections from full-time jobs in public as a graduating senior with 150 credits. I legitimately have no idea what to do. I have a good GPA, decent socials skills, and leadership and teamwork out the ass.

    I just feel like there is no light at the end of the tunnel and I'm panicking because I need to get a decent job. What do I do????

    submitted by /u/EcstaticFanatic
    [link] [comments]

    How many of us smoke weed daily?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 05:58 PM PDT

    If not you, how many of your coworkers?

    I smoke weed daily and everyone considers me a really high performer and even a SME for some topics.

    submitted by /u/countmytits
    [link] [comments]

    1/100

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 03:55 PM PDT

    Did I fuck up?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 04:39 PM PDT

    Just started the accounting program and I feel like i'm completely fucked. I thought I would like accounting based on the pre reqs that I completed but Im pretty sure I hate it because Everytime I start my homework in Cost or Intermediate, I pretty much am not having a good time. Will this feeling subside? Am I in the wrong major? Is it gonna be like this the whole way through? Lol Is this what being an accountant is really like, solving for missing parts of the equation? Somebody help me motivate myself lol.

    submitted by /u/grublet3
    [link] [comments]

    Calculating Major GPA?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 08:43 PM PDT

    I'm wondering how exactly employers calculate your major GPA. I'm currently a student at CSUF studying business administration with a concentration in accounting.

    Would my major GPA include all upper and lower division business courses that pertain to me degree? Or does it just include upper division courses?

    My school portal also lists a "GPA OF ALL ATTEMPTED BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS COURSES".. would this be considered major GPA?

    I can't seem to find a definitive answer on this question. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/bm_Haste
    [link] [comments]

    For my NYC working people

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 08:15 PM PDT

    Do you guys live in the city? Or where do you?

    submitted by /u/justliving1
    [link] [comments]

    How old is Tim Gearty?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 06:58 PM PDT

    Lmao Asking for a friend.

    Jk I just don't believe in the intro far video that he was 45 when he met 12 year old Peter.

    submitted by /u/thatshruggingemoji
    [link] [comments]

    How does working in the Banking/Investment industry compare to Public Accounting?

    Posted: 16 Oct 2019 06:29 PM PDT

    I have quite a few friends who are either working at one of the Big 4 or are working at medium sized firms, yet I don't know anyone who is working at Wells Fargo, Goldman Sachs, etc. How does the pay at a company like Wells Fargo compare to working at the Big 4. Would you still be working over 40 hours at Wells Fargo?

    submitted by /u/stonebriar2
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment