• Breaking News

    Friday, July 5, 2019

    What is training like for claims adjuster trainees? Insurance

    What is training like for claims adjuster trainees? Insurance


    What is training like for claims adjuster trainees?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 08:30 PM PDT

    Example: is it one on one? are there presentations? acting out scenarios?

    Basically, what should I expect?

    submitted by /u/SSAJS
    [link] [comments]

    Business liability policy cancelled; I received a letter saying they want to audit my financials

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 09:57 AM PDT

    I've had Donegal insurance for my side business General Liability policy for the last year. A couple months ago they sent me a letter saying they were not going to renew my policy because they're not interested in insuring a part-time business. Yesterday, I received a letter from a business they contract with saying that they are going to show up at my "office," which is my home address, on Monday to audit my financials. This is the day before the policy ends.

    I have contacted my insurance agent, and she told me this is legitimate. I would understand if this was setting the stage for a new policy. However, since they decided to end our business relationship, I'm failing to see what business or right they have to my financials at this point. What happens if I just tell them no?

    submitted by /u/FireDonut
    [link] [comments]

    If you receive a refund on concert tickets from insurance, for not being able to attend, what happens to the tickets once you get your refund ? Do the insurance company cancel them somehow?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 05:45 PM PDT

    3 month-long investigation found an uninsured motorist. Now I'm lost.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 02:42 PM PDT

    3 months ago I was in an accident with a young woman. Airbags deployed, police came, but the young woman was verbally hostile, so I waited for the police report to get her insurance information.

    Her insurance company contacted me first and started their investigation, which after several weeks, was starting to take an unusually long time. They'd since moved my car, had it assessed, contacted me to send them my title (I opted to wait on this), and even sent me an estimate on the car's worth for the claim settlement. Done deal, right? Until yesterday.

    I got a call late in the afternoon from the claim handler, informing me that the young woman was not insured. He offered to send my insurance company a claim denial letter, but we agreed that we could go into more detail once my insurance was contacted and after the July 4th holiday. To some extent, I wasn't really surprised - after 3 months, I'd gone through every "worst case" scenario in my head, including this one. But now I'm stuck starting over, so I want to make sure I do this correctly.

    First, I have collision coverage and uninsured motorist coverage (up to $100k in property damage). How can I be sure that my insurance company will take this? I've seen horror stories of neither insurance company accepting the incident.

    Second, how can I be sure that I'm reimbursed properly? I've spent thousands of dollars out of pocket in rental cars and new car expenses, waiting for a settlement check that just... dissipated. I've kept records and receipts of everything, but I'm nervous my insurance will deny some expenses. After all, they're more or less adopting this case.

    Third, what can I expect for my car? The lot has no daily fee, but should I expect having it moved, assessed, and estimated again? (It was deemed a total loss due to airbags).

    Lastly, should I expect any legal proceedings/ will there be any repercussions for the young woman since she was driving uninsured? The police got all of her contact information, so that's not a problem. But she's still in school and clearly has no assets. Will it even go this far?

    Much thanks, and happy 4th.

    submitted by /u/GreekEagle
    [link] [comments]

    How do I go about changing California car insurance to Oregon car insurance for parent’s car?

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 05:29 PM PDT

    I am moving to Oregon with my parents' leased car. They leased the car for me under their name. How do I change the California insurance to Oregon? They are using State Farm. Everything is under their name. Will State Farm let my parents insure the car even if they're not living in Oregon?

    Another possibility is buying my own car insurance, but will that be possible if the leased car isn't in my name?

    submitted by /u/vivimonster
    [link] [comments]

    Garage Door

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 05:04 PM PDT

    Hello,

    Today I severely damaged a garage door at the apartment I live in. I was using a company vehicle to drop off a piece of furniture I picked up earlier as I am on call over the holiday weekend. I work for a traffic control company. The damage of the garage door is going to exceed $15,000 is this something I can use my renters insurance for or am I going to have to go through my company's insurance?

    submitted by /u/aar32018
    [link] [comments]

    How to find if Medtronic is an in-network provider

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 01:40 PM PDT

    Hello,

    My fiancée who is a type 1 diabetic just got a job where we are deciding on benefits. One of the things we cannot seem to find is whether or not they are considered an in-network provider. The HR person she met with did not know, and so far all the information on either website as well as the paperwork she was given does not specify. It's a difference of 10% coinsurance compared to 50%, so we would like to find out early so we can plan. Does anyone know where this information can be found?

    submitted by /u/jeremiah1119
    [link] [comments]

    Insurance help needed for duplex and separate coachhouse on same lot in Chicago, IL.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 12:46 PM PDT

    Hey everyone. I need help.

    In September I bought a house: 3 unit building at the front with a coachhouse at the back. I'm living in the coachhouse and renting out the front units. Now I'm being told that the insurance I closed with back in Sept doesn't actually cover everything as it should. The new quote I've been given is $5,600 per year (currently paying $1,800). This has all come about as I streamlined my FHA. We closed again and I thought everything was okay but now they are saying the insurance has to change.

    Does anyone know of any insurance companies that can cover my buildings without ruining me financially?

    Thanks for your help!

    submitted by /u/dg1890
    [link] [comments]

    No insurance, not at fault(?) really bad luck. It sure what to do.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 11:11 AM PDT

    So I cancelled my insurance a while ago because my study permit was expiring and I had to leave the country (CANADA). Got some news that I could actually file to stay so I called my insurance on JULY 2 to reinstate. Got a quote and told them I would be calling back next day (when I got paid) to start off again. It wxscaped my mind and I started a new job this morning. Figured I would go with the car and just call in to start the policy once I got there. Well, I was involved in an accident on the way over there and not sure how to go about with it. I have called to set up insurance but I know this doesn't cover. Police were in scene and did not give me any tickets for insurance after I explained the situation, just for failing to produce and they said I could have it cleared once I got my policy. Now to the accident. I was coming out of a 4 way intersection in a residential area. Speed limit is 50kn I was going about 40. I had a yield sign and looked both ways, I could see a van on the horizon but far enough for me to move safely. (About 8 houses down). I make it all the way through and next thing I know this van is sped up and slams right into me from my passenger side. My car has a minimal dent in the side that was hit and due to the impact I hit my head and ended up with a brain bruise and whiplash, however other drivers entire fender is damaged but he was completely fine. He kept saying that I am at fault because I have a yield sign, but I did yield, he was the one who started going about 80 or 90 which led to such a major damage to his fender. Not sure how to go about this now.

    submitted by /u/Cutiethrowsaway
    [link] [comments]

    Cost of Overnight Outpatient Observation

    Posted: 04 Jul 2019 10:39 AM PDT

    I am going to be requiring overnight observation at a hospital after a procedure. In case something goes horribly wrong and insurance doesn't pay for the observation. What is the typical cost for such things. The observation will be around 20-23 hours.

    I want to mark sure the amount isn't huge, and bankrupt level amounts.

    submitted by /u/RFan461
    [link] [comments]

    What happens if you increase your income above Medicaid limits?

    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 08:34 PM PDT

    I just graduated from college, and my college's health insurance plan is going to run out at the end of this month. I used the Marketplace in my state (VA) to try and apply for a special enrollment period. (I'm 22 but can't be on a parent's plan because my parents are both on medicare). However, since I recorded very little income (I don't have a job yet, so my only income comes from interest, dividends, ect.), it automatically sent my information to medicaid, and I was approved/enrolled.

    I'm fortunate enough to not be in a huge rush to take a job that's not right for me, but I may end up working a temp job in order to get some extra income. I'll obviously report it to medicaid, but will medicaid be able to take into account that it's temporary? Will I have enough time before I lose medicaid to be able to apply for a special enrollment period?

    I'm just scared of having a gap in coverage, because I'm currently dealing with some minor medical issues, and I don't think I would be accepted by a short-term health insurance provider because of pre-existing conditions.

    submitted by /u/bumblebeebutterfly
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment