• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 4, 2019

    Accounting Just Took FAR (my last section), This Is My Mood the Rest of the Day

    Accounting Just Took FAR (my last section), This Is My Mood the Rest of the Day


    Just Took FAR (my last section), This Is My Mood the Rest of the Day

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 09:30 AM PDT

    When you sit for your last CPA section:

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 08:09 AM PDT

    I’m a professional document scanner

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 11:37 AM PDT

    Is this accurate?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 01:50 PM PDT

    MRW the client asks me to pick a different sample when they can't find the supporting docs

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 12:17 PM PDT

    For those who used to work in public accounting and moved to a job they love, can you share what you do?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 06:38 PM PDT

    Hi! I'm starting to look at career options after public accounting with the main purpose of being happy (deciding whether I should leave once promoted to manager). I'm not sure what happiness means to me yet but I was hoping people can share what they love about their jobs, so I can see what options are out there even if they are only slightly accounting related :) If possible, can you share:

    1. When you left public accounting and whether you audited listed/public or private companies?
    2. What do you do now and what makes you love it?
    3. Even if you love/like your job, what things don't you don't like?
    4. If you feel comfortable, do you mind sharing your pay ?

    Thanks!! I hope others will be able to use this information as well.

    submitted by /u/PhoenixCareer
    [link] [comments]

    Sounds about right to me.

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 11:30 AM PDT

    Auditing first year clients like...

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 08:52 PM PDT

    My Senior explaining to me how to cope with being thrown on a 6/30 immediately after finishing a 3/31

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 08:11 AM PDT

    Happens all too often.

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 01:49 PM PDT

    Me after two busy seasons.

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 02:45 PM PDT

    How do you know when you have studied enough? Me: When I am acting like this

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 08:57 AM PDT

    New Job, need help learning bank recs

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 05:02 PM PDT

    I have a Bachelor's degree in accounting and I just got a staff accountant job after working in A/R for the past two years. I'm pumped to start because its a pay raise and a MUCH shorter commute. However, the majority of the job is going to be doing bank recs. I haven't done reconciliations since a summer internship in 2015, and back then I struggled with them. I understand the concept but putting it into practice in excel is a challenge for me. This is something I should be good at and do not want to show up the first day with out doing some prep. Can anyone point me in the direction of some resources on learning how to do bank recs more efficiently? anytips or tricks would be very helpful. I know I will be exporting bank information from JDE if that helps.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Benchtheanalystdesk
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone been fired from the Big4?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 01:28 PM PDT

    I am not in danger of being fired, but have a friend who had a bad busy season and is very worried. She works at Deloitte - was hoping for some information to help her calm down. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/cpaintraining2019
    [link] [comments]

    I guess the $10 million difference is below the clearly trivial threshold

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 02:31 AM PDT

    My interviewer’s response listening to me try and make my limited exposure to excel through school and a non-related accounting job sound like relevant experience/exposure.

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 01:04 PM PDT

    What's your "do-over" profession?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 03:46 PM PDT

    If you could go back in time and start over from scratch, would you still pursue accounting? It's not a bad career, and I'm actually grateful for the pay and stability the career provides, but I definitely would have done something more physical.

    I'm thinking firefighter would have been the ideal pick for me. I loved moving around when working in the restaurant industry and workout 5-6 days a week.

    What's your mulligan career r/accounting?

    submitted by /u/Badmoodsbear
    [link] [comments]

    What kinds of skills did you develop to get out of public accounting and into IT Consulting?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 06:54 PM PDT

    I'm currently a staff accountant, graduating with my M.S. a year from today. I am trying to convince my boss to let me write a Python script to automate the GUI of some old indexing system I use, because right now my job takes about as many brain cells as it does to sit at my chair and eat paste from a tube. People have been reacting to my request like it's bold, and that makes me think I am better suited for a career in IT or CS than accounting, and I'm even thinking about getting my masters in one of those two subjects instead of accounting. I want to know how they match up against the most IT-side of the accounting industry though.

    So, IT peeps, what do you do?

    submitted by /u/200SelectionStereo
    [link] [comments]

    What resources do you all recommend for improving Excel skills?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 01:32 PM PDT

    I've taken a basic Excel course but would like to learn the more advanced stuff. Is there anything that offers samples that I can work on? Or are most online tutorials going to be something I just have to follow?

    submitted by /u/howtostunt101
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need to submit AP score transcripts for CPA application?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 08:46 PM PDT

    Help please! I submitted my Application to take my CPA Exam (Maryland). I have 7 AP Credits accepted by my community college. The university that I transferred to where I graduated with a Bachelors in Accounting only accepted the 3 credit class.

    1. Does the other 4 credits still count towards the 150-hr requirement?

    2. When filling out the CPA online application and I check that I have AP scores, do I really need to send in the AP score transcripts from 4 years ago? Or sending in both college transcripts that show the accepted AP classes is okay (Comm college and Uni)?

    PLEASE PLEASE HELP I AM FREAKING OUT ABOUT THE CPA EXAM.

    submitted by /u/kreezageebut
    [link] [comments]

    Am I making a bad decision?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 06:05 PM PDT

    I just found out our partner expects us to work busy season hours this summer in anticipation of some potentially time-consuming things in the fall. I'm almost a year into my first year here and I'm exhausted. I want to have a life outside of work but I don't think that's possible for me at the Big Four.

    I am applying for a job at a public school that will more than half my commute. Additionally, I'm not sure where they will put me pay-wise, but it will be at least a 13% jump for me.

    Am I making a bad decision in trying to leave already? My reviews are very good, but I hate working at a place that feels so possessive of me and acts like I'm a terrible person for wanting to leave at 5.

    Edit: To clarify, the job is accounting-related.

    submitted by /u/Isalock
    [link] [comments]

    Questions for accountants

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 07:56 PM PDT

    So, I am thinking to go for education for accountant, but I am not sure is this or is this not job for me. Some things about me: 1. I am an introvert, dont mind to talk to people, but the less I can the better. 2. I dont mind sitting all day at the computer 3. I dont mind doing repetitive jobs 4. I dont mind to work with numbers 5. I am diagnosed with clinical depression, which Im still curing, I dont respod good to criticism or mobying at work

    My first dream job was to be a librarian, but for that you need to have a major, and I am way over 30s now. Any recommendations? Any piece of advice will do.

    submitted by /u/Thund77
    [link] [comments]

    Future accounting student.. need advice~!

    Posted: 04 Jun 2019 02:43 PM PDT

    Hey everyone!

    I'm currently a 4th year English Major, and I was thinking about pursuing a Post-Bacc in Accounting next year. My end goal is to become a CPA, but a lot of people have been warning me to stay away from this field.

    Personally, I believe that we can all accomplish anything and everything if we put in the work, effort, and time, so I'm not too worried about it, but I still can't help but feel nervous at the same time.

    Does anyone have any advice for future accounting students? What should we expect?

    submitted by /u/Beastly474
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment