• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 23, 2019

    Accounting 3 weeks until Tax Day

    Accounting 3 weeks until Tax Day


    3 weeks until Tax Day

    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 12:38 PM PDT

    Can we shrink the 1040 even further

    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 05:58 PM PDT

    What I'm basically proposing here folks is a tax return the size of a post it. Where do we put everything else? Chock it all onto 47 other post it schedules. My question to you: should I run for congress

    submitted by /u/vancouver72
    [link] [comments]

    Ha! When the partner wants me to document really well my w/p

    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 09:36 AM PDT

    4/15 coming in HOT!!

    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 02:36 AM PDT

    Staff need to look before coming in to my office. The doorway is to the left.

    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 01:29 PM PDT

    I didn't know it's so fun to file your final income tax return

    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 05:40 PM PDT

    I await my fate tomorrow

    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 09:31 PM PDT

    I feel like my physical health is taking a toll- attributable to busy season anyone?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 06:07 AM PDT

    Idk if it's just the long hours but I have acne, I get headaches a lot more often, my bowels aren't moving right. Is this normal?

    submitted by /u/Grapefruitbitch
    [link] [comments]

    [CAN] MACC Programs in Ontario

    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 09:17 PM PDT

    Im looking to apply to Macc programs next year here in Ontario. My options are the Macc at Brock University and Carleton. Just due to how cheap and quick these programs are.

    My main concern is the recruitment. Which would you say offers better recruitment opportunities for Big 4 and mid sized firms? From experience, when you do your internships with these firms, do the interns usually continue with them as full timers after they graduate? What does internship pay and full time pay look like for these types of firms in the cities theyre located in? I know theyre all looking for audit and tax, but do you think they would take on Macc students for advisory?

    If anyone's finished either of these programs, let me know what it's like!

    submitted by /u/thajudge13
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a bullshit tax season or was my firm particularly unprepared?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 11:52 AM PDT

    Been in public accounting for 5 years, so I'm not new to busy season. But all our entity returns (especially multi-state) are taking almost twice as long or longer than previous years. Our software also seems especially unprepared for the various Fed/State differences from the TCJA.

    So is this something being experienced across the industry or just an issue with my firm?

    submitted by /u/Pandorama626
    [link] [comments]

    Guide me to find a job - life choices

    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 08:51 PM PDT

    Hello all

    I'm currently a Canadian girl... working/living in another country (my parents move outside of Canada when I was young).

    I graduate from accounting, I have my CPA at this country (somewhere in Latin America), and I'm currently working at a Big 4. ( I had work at PwC, EY and KPMG ) and I'm willing to move back to Canada and work on a big 4 there.

    Here is the problem: I don't know where to start. To which "state" move, how to apply, do I will have to study accounting again?, do anyone know someone that can actually help me find a job. Need some guide to how should I do this...

    Thanks for reading!

    submitted by /u/MFrauca29
    [link] [comments]

    [CAN] Post-CPA Designations & Certifications

    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 12:36 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, I finally got my CPA certificate in the mail, so I am officially a CPA, CA. I don't know what I should do from here...

    I just got a new job in the GTA a couple months ago as a Financial Analyst after leaving the Big 4 and I feel like I need another designation of sorts to strive towards. I want to keep myself on my toes and not let my brain go to mush just working 9-5 and getting comfortable. I also want to open myself to more opportunities and learn more through an educational pathway.

    Does anyone here have any recommendations for designations or certifications I could look into pursuing that would be practically beneficial (career-wise) in the accounting world, or business world in general? It'd just need to be something I can do while working full-time. I know this is vague without knowing any of my interests, but I just want anyone's diverse recommendations so I have a starting point to see what I may like.

    Thank you very much in advance!

    submitted by /u/Dregger12
    [link] [comments]

    PwC & EY Summer Leadership Program

    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 05:35 PM PDT

    Hey /r/Accounting!

    Just finished all my interviews and ended up with two offers and I'm just curious what to expect next. It sounds like attending the SLP will be the next step towards a potential Internship offer but I was under the assumptions that I was interviewing for the internship already. How should I prepare for the SLP, is it pretty guaranteed that they'll offer or do I have to make sure I'm extra involved beyond others. Any advice through this process or what I should expect would be fantastic! Thank you :-)

    submitted by /u/320fin320
    [link] [comments]

    How did you get out of public accounting?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 05:58 AM PDT

    Staff II with two busy seasons under their belt, I think I got enough experience and frankly i'm tired of the modern feudalism that is public accounting. Thinking of leaving for a lower stress and higher paying Job. How did people do it?

    submitted by /u/FlimsyPsychology
    [link] [comments]

    Best Online course/resource for learning IFRS/IAS

    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 10:28 PM PDT

    Which online course/resource did you find best for learning oe keeping upto date with IFRS/IAS?

    submitted by /u/jubayed_bd
    [link] [comments]

    Bad Debt Expense when the Allowance is 10% of Year-End balance of Account Receivable.

    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 10:23 PM PDT

    I've spent about 45 minutes on the highlighted question alone. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong.

    Here's the work I've done.

    Basically what I did was:

    462,000 (Beg. Balance) +1,780,000 (Credit Sales) - 1,860,000 (Cash Collections) - Write-offs = 341,000 debit balance. Took 10% of that to get 34,100 estimated uncollectible amount.

    Then for Allowance I took 36,000 (Beg. Balance of Uncollectible) + 3,600 (Recovery of bad debt) - 41,000 (write-off) = 1,400 debit balance.

    34,100-(-1,400) = 35,500.

    I checked Chegg to see if I had messed up somewhere, but I did the exact same thing that they did and still got the wrong answer.

    Help?

    submitted by /u/thatgrumpypanda
    [link] [comments]

    Is payroll clerk/data entry a good job for experience for future accounting jobs?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 06:36 PM PDT

    Im an accounting student. I can either be a pizza deliver drive or do payroll and make sure the forms are accurate. Pizza driver would make more money and I think it would be more fun then data entry. Would payroll clerk/data entry be a good choice for a future accountant?

    submitted by /u/youngile
    [link] [comments]

    New Hire/ Career Round Tables

    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 04:21 PM PDT

    Hey Everyone,

    I have a question on career round tables that will be taking place in the next few months.

    As pretext, I joined B4 as an experienced associate this past December. Overall, the move has been a positive experience and I'm happy with my decision. The pace has slowed down a bit coming out of my busy season and I am returning to the same team/ client and have consistently been given tasks to complete each week. I received my first snapshot recently and received all at levels. I didn't receive any differentiators and was given some general feedback as far as future development items. My metrics are all positive (credentials earned, timesheet, etc.) with the exception of utilization. My primary concern right now is that since I've only been with the firm 4 months, my utilization is volatile. My utilization has dropped significantly within the range of 72% and 78% for the performance year post busy season. I feel as if this is very poor if compared to my peers and will harm me during round table discussions. Outside of metrics, I get along with associates, managers, and partners and have meshed pretty well with the group. In effort to show initiative, I expressed willingness to assist other teams that may need help that don't follow calendar year ends (in effort to boost my utilization), however, I have not been assigned to any other engagements at the moment.

    That being said, what can I expect coming out of career round tables? What is typically discussed? What are the odds of receiving a poor rating, such as a 4 or 5? I work with extremely talented and knowledgeable people, and feel as if I'm at the bottom of the normal distribution. Ideally, or perhaps optimistically, I'd love to earn a 1 or 2 rating.

    Thanks in advance for any input!

    submitted by /u/soxwithsandals
    [link] [comments]

    Final review week- FAR

    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 02:07 PM PDT

    What am I doing on office visit?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 08:56 PM PDT

    So I just got a big4 internship and it was kind of a weird situation because they offered me the internship after one round. Then my recruiter wanted me to come in for an office visit, I'm assuming to meet the others. But it's gonna last for 4 hours, what the heck am I doing for that long? I hate small talk and the pre interview social that was for 1.5 hours drained me.

    submitted by /u/CarsHoesNClothz
    [link] [comments]

    What should I put as my preferred start date?

    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 12:43 PM PDT

    Hey all, I'm an incoming audit intern and I was sent an email to input my information including when I would like to start full-time (if I am given a full time offer). I graduate this December (Fall 2019) with my 150 and I want to tackle the exams as soon as I graduate. I was thinking putting a start date of Summer 2020 would be enough, 6 months, to get all parts done. Is this a sufficient time frame or should I put Fall 2020 so I have a longer time to get all 4 parts done? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/dynasty96
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Applying for CPA License in Different State

    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 07:48 PM PDT

    Currently live in a state where you need two years of experience to become a CPA. The state next door only requires one year.

    Without really thinking I've applied to sit for the exams under my current state's jurisdiction.

    I've been wondering - after I pass my exams and stuff could I just apply for the license in the state which only requires one year after I have that much experience?

    I plan on living/working there anyway, and I actually already work there a decent amount (I'm in audit).

    Is there a catch or is this a bad idea in any way?

    submitted by /u/abertbrijs
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment