• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 25, 2018

    Financial Independence Mad Fientist Roth Conversion Ladder?

    Financial Independence Mad Fientist Roth Conversion Ladder?


    Mad Fientist Roth Conversion Ladder?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 01:34 PM PST

    For my tax-advantaged government 457, I don't have to wait until I'm 59 1/2 to withdraw penalty free as long as I resign from my employment. However, if I wait until I'm 59 1/2, withdrawals are state and local tax free so I'll only pay federal taxes. If this is the case, would I even need to do a roth conversion ladder?

    For my IRA, this would make sense however.

    submitted by /u/degrom7
    [link] [comments]

    At what age did you start your FI journey and are you currently where you want to be on this journey?

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 10:31 AM PST

    One of the "unwritten tenements" of pursuing FI is to start as early as you can to optimize and maximize gains via investments and various saving strategies. However, that's not the reality of everyone who is pursuing FI - realistically some folks start later for whatever reason.

    I am curious to know (1) when everyone started their respective FI journey and (2) how folks would rate where they currently are given long term FI goals.

    submitted by /u/EndlessEvolution
    [link] [comments]

    Daily FI discussion thread - November 25, 2018

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 03:07 AM PST

    Please use this thread to have discussions which you don't feel warrant a new post to the sub. While the Rules for posting questions on the basics of personal finance/investing topics are relaxed a little bit here, the rules against memes/spam/self-promotion/excessive rudeness/politics still apply!

    Have a look at the FAQ for this subreddit before posting to see if your question is frequently asked.

    Since this post does tend to get busy, consider sorting the comments by "new" (instead of "best" or "top") to see the newest posts.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Tulsa, OK Is Offering $10k in Subsidies to Move There

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 06:32 PM PST

    Has anyone read "How Money Works"

    Posted: 25 Nov 2018 08:17 AM PST

    I am 19 and have started reading it and compiling a resume of the financial independence chapter.

    Am finding it extremely interesting and I wonder if anyone has read it and can share their thoughts and conclusions about it.

    Thanks !

    submitted by /u/whereispaulvanhaver
    [link] [comments]

    Using Short-Term Bonds for future housing payment fund (3-5 years out)?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 11:45 PM PST

    I am financially independent (early retired), single and happily renting. However, I think I might want to buy a 300k house 3-5 years from now. I currently have the entire balance saved in an online savings account that earns 2%. This house payment fund is separate from my emergency fund and my net worth is about 2 million.

    I was thinking about keeping some (half?) of this housing payment money in a short-term bond fund. I am fine with losing some of the principal and can make up any losses by realizing equity long tern gains if I have to. I was thinking of holding some (half?) of my housing fund in one of the following Vanguard funds

    Short-Term Treasury Index Fund

    Short-Term Bond Index Fund (I am leaning towards this choice)

    Short-Term Inflation-Protected Securities

    Questions

    1. Is it a bad idea to keep some of my future housing payment fund in a short-term bond fund?
    2. If so, what % would you recommend?
    3. What short-term bond fund would you recommend?
    submitted by /u/orangeposter
    [link] [comments]

    Do I truly need a budget??

    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 08:30 PM PST

    Curious to know from those of you who have achieved financial independence- was a budget crucial in that journey?? I keep hearing from the financial spokespeople of the media that a budget is the first step for becoming wealthy, but honestly it seems so overwhelming to nit pick all of our expenses. Do I need to buck up and formulate a well planned out budget? My husband and I pay ourselves first- we contribute our 401k matches, have a good EF in place and max out yearly Roth's. We have a mortgage and student loan debt - always make our payment obligations.

    submitted by /u/Blissfulserenity
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment