• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 31, 2018

    Accounting How it feels to be an unemployed accountant

    Accounting How it feels to be an unemployed accountant


    How it feels to be an unemployed accountant

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 06:12 AM PDT

    MCQs be like

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 05:28 PM PDT

    Networking events be like

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 09:25 AM PDT

    After 8 interviews, 2 second rounds, 7 rejections ... I finally got an offer!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 03:51 PM PDT

    Thank you everyone! I posted a few weeks ago about screwing up all my interviews. I received so many good tips about appearing less nervous. Turns out I did mess up most of my interviews though, hahhaha.

    I remember that a year ago, I had just transferred to a 4 year from a community college and I was so behind compared to students who were already there. I had no leadership skills or work experience other than my retail experience. I only managed to get one interview then. I continued applying and managed to get a tax internship this summer.

    This fall I received so many more interviews compared to before but I was messing up every interview... Honestly I was having a mental break down... but I managed to pull myself together and just Imagine that I was interviewing as someone else. I imagined myself as Elle Woods, especially during the "Tell me more about yourself question". HAHAHAH. Even though I am nothing like her. I think this really helped me though.. because she is such a confident person... which is what I aspire to be but am not quite yet.

    By the end of the recruiting season, I managed to get 1 tax associate offer at a mid tier firm. I am so excited to start this position next year.

    Thank you to everyone who gave me tips in my previous post, I am so grateful to all of you. If anyone has tips for starting as a tax associate, do share. :) Thank you again. :)

    submitted by /u/supperonasunnysunday
    [link] [comments]

    Account Dracula - Happy Halloween!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 09:07 AM PDT

    Me as I am leaving the office before 8 for the first time in months

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 12:22 PM PDT

    Was Boston the only city to host a parade in honor of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act this afternoon?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 03:02 PM PDT

    Which type of payroll fraud scheme is only legal today?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 12:33 PM PDT

    Ghost employees!

    Happy Halloween!

    submitted by /u/Not_a_CPA
    [link] [comments]

    It's missing "excuse to do nothing all day"

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 09:15 AM PDT

    Leaving Accounting, Farewell

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 10:02 AM PDT

    I have been in accounting or some sort of financial position for almost ten years and I'm finally leaving it. I am terrified but excited to never do this again. Life is weird and even if accounting is your go to and makes sense because your good at it, don't forget to chase your dreams.

    Live long and reconcile.

    submitted by /u/the_bri
    [link] [comments]

    Incoming Tax Associate - Question about groups

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 05:52 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I will be starting work for a B4 in a large city in January and I am curious about the tax groups that offer the most transferable knowledge. I know that I shouldn't make a majority of my work deal with a niche issue, but I don't know which groups give the broadest and best experience.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/squidis
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone here made a move to West coast?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 07:42 PM PDT

    Basically, the city is facing yet another brutal winter and I'm wondering if anyone from NYC made a move to the west coast, particularly Los Angeles or San Diego?

    I'm looking for the following to compare NYC to either of those cities:

    Weather: ? Walkability: ? Nightlife: ? Public Transport: ? (The MTA sucks so anything better would be a win lol) Restaurant availability: ? (In Astoria I can get any food from all over within walking distance, anything like this in the west coast) Standard of Living: ? People: ? (Don't really care much about people as long as their not up in your business when youre on line for coffee) Regrets: ?

    Anything you could add helps - I looked at some of the firms in San Diego and apparently they average around 30 employees idk if that's true tho seems kinda low.

    Thanks ahead

    submitted by /u/FlyHiDipLo
    [link] [comments]

    How many internships did you have before graduating?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 06:35 PM PDT

    I wasn't proactive about it until this fall semester (I am in my junior year), luckily I got a spring tax internship and am still looking for the summer. How many internships did you/people you knew have before graduation?

    submitted by /u/PhilTony
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 11:53 AM PDT

    Been learning a lot from the subreddit since the beginning of this recruiting season. Took in all the advice and the resources available. I've accepted an offer for a big 4 internship this summer. I'm so so excited. Only 3 people got offers from my school out of 300 applications from what I heard and I'm very grateful. Thank you!!

    submitted by /u/itsinternszn
    [link] [comments]

    Applying for internships after accepting a full time offer?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 07:49 PM PDT

    Hi reddit! So this past summer I interned at a big four and accepted my full time offer. I am now a senior, and going part time with my classes in the spring. I wanted to do a part time internship in spring because I can make more money doing that compared to most campus jobs. Would it be a conflict of interest to take an internship if offered one? I would not lie to the firms or companies I have been applying to. Also, there is nothing about this in my offer but any thoughts on if it could affect my offer?

    I thought about interning at my firm in the spring, but they already chose their intern class and only want full time interns anyway. Otherwise, does anyone have any general advice?

    submitted by /u/confusedgirl0321
    [link] [comments]

    Ernst and Young (Tax) - Offer Received

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 11:24 AM PDT

    Hello all,

    Today I received an offer from EY for a summer internship in tax.

    I owe the members of this sub a lot of credit for assisting me through the interview process.

    Any tips going forward? What are your keys for success?

    submitted by /u/27ShipsCounting
    [link] [comments]

    You and your friends when you first studied accounting compared to now?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 09:02 PM PDT

    I have a few more years until I graduate with my BA in A&F and have non accounting friends in different industries living it up fairly well for being under 25 years old. Some fight for a living trying to make it to the pro leagues, others are still studying medicine or engineering and some quit school entirely to pursue travel, fitness and whatever small jobs come along.

    I feel as if I am in the school grinding stage before the work grinding stage before I feel like all the time I put in was worth it. Don't get me wrong I love accounting, but definitely have a long way to go before I hit that medium per say.

    Was wondering what other people's stories were with the then and now.

    submitted by /u/theme57
    [link] [comments]

    is it bad to continue to interview after accepting offer?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 03:10 PM PDT

    I recently accepted an offer in southern cali and got a call from a firm I have always wanted to work for in the southwest. My graduation date is this upcoming november and was offered an internship for busy season but my advisor has just let me know that I will have to stay until spring to complete univ (i can do online at this point, just one class). At this point I do not know if my current offer will be pushed or taken away and i am afraid of those things happening so i am wondering if i should keep interviewing with this other firm or just wait to see what happens.

    if I decide to keep interviewing i can always tell my southwest interview that i could start in the summer in case shit goes wrong for me. will a firm understand that i am missing one class and have to delay for the spring or should i go ahead and interview just incase? do i also run the risk of both firms finding out? help!!!

    submitted by /u/CoffeeCake_
    [link] [comments]

    Dilemma: SF Bay area tax offers from all the Big 4

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 07:29 PM PDT

    Hey reddit nation,

    Received offers from 3 of the Big 4 in tax and expecting one from the last one.

    KPMG: BTS, EY: FSO, PwC: Core, and Deloitte: BTS.

    Everyone I've met has been really cool so in terms of people, it's hard.

    So essentially the other primary factor is the kind of work experience I'd get; what firm would be best for tax? I'm not too concerned about tech clients; more interested in real estate. Would prefer to work with smaller closely held and privately owned companies where I get to interact with business owners as opposed to representatives from large corporations in addition to being able to see every piece of the business and return from multiple angles instead of just focusing on one little part of a much larger client. KPMG's Alternative Investments sounds like it might fit what I'm looking for, but the fact that Deloitte calls their people "Tax Consultants" gives me the impression they are grooming you from the beginning to become consultants which is sort of where I want to be eventually. Also I may be wrong but it seems like KPMG might have better work/life balance than Deloitte? Don't know too much about EY or PwC. Really torn and could really use some help!

    Thanks,

    J

    submitted by /u/275rgr
    [link] [comments]

    PwC final round virtual interview tomorrow, need some advice

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 04:53 PM PDT

    So I have my final round interview tomorrow for a Risk Assurance internship with PwC. Its a virtual interview and will take place via Google Hangouts. Overall, I'm pretty confident in my interview skills, and I already have multiple offers (from other B4 as well), so I'm not too nervous. However, I cannot think of a good answer to the question "why Risk Assurance?" lol. I've always been interested in the IT aspect of accounting, and the way that businesses manage their data, but thats about all I can think of. I really just want it because it pays a decent amount more in my area, and from what I hear, you work a lot less. Luckily I'm very confident and a good communicator so I can easily BS an answer with a straight face. What do you guys think? I just need a solid answer that would sound good

    submitted by /u/_had2
    [link] [comments]

    Any tips for surviving career meeting in public?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 04:45 PM PDT

    I have my meeting in a week and the past two haven't been all that great. What do you normally do to make these not feel like a beat down?

    submitted by /u/BrokenHomeLiterally
    [link] [comments]

    To anyone starting at PwC Bay Area as intern or full time in 2019,

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 10:39 PM PDT

    did you just get an email about getting a revised offer letter? I think they're essentially saying they are going to revise compensation. I already accepted my offer two days after receiving it a while back, so do you think I'll get the better compensation if I already signed? Original offer said $29.50/hour as an audit intern, I'm curious to know what they'll change it to.

    submitted by /u/soxycaper
    [link] [comments]

    Big4 internship with full course load

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 04:40 PM PDT

    Should I take 4 (easyish) online classes during my big 4 winter audit internship? Is that doable? If I don't I will have to push off my graduation

    submitted by /u/jimmyc321
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment