• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 31, 2018

    Stock Market - Most Anticipated Earnings Releases for the week beginning April 2nd, 2018

    Stock Market - Most Anticipated Earnings Releases for the week beginning April 2nd, 2018


    Most Anticipated Earnings Releases for the week beginning April 2nd, 2018

    Posted: 31 Mar 2018 06:09 AM PDT

    Robinhood vs Acorns

    Posted: 31 Mar 2018 09:56 AM PDT

    which would be better for someone who doesn't have much investment advice and is just looking to grow his money in a "savings" for about 3-5 years?

    submitted by /u/Tejbird
    [link] [comments]

    First metric you use to select a good company to invest in

    Posted: 31 Mar 2018 06:31 PM PDT

    Hello all, I am ready to start buying into the stock market! My brief history of investments include crypto and buying into my own company stock through the ESPP. Both paid off very well but both were very speculative and risky.

    To prep myself for investing in the stock market I read the intelligent investor. Benjamin Graham talks about a lot of different metrics such as to identify companies that are undervalued. I know there are caveats to each one but I was curious what others use as their number one metric to first start looking into (not necessarily buying) a companies stock?

    P/E? market value vs book value? net income? Worst performance over the past year or so (which would identify the company being potentially undervalued by a illogical market reaction)?

    In my opinion it seems like looking at book value vs market value makes the most sense seeing that it is accounting for a companies total assets and companies selling for less than their book value should hypothetically be undervalued. What are the thoughts of more experienced investors?

    submitted by /u/12manyNs
    [link] [comments]

    Opinions on Spotify IPO this Tuesday...

    Posted: 31 Mar 2018 02:27 PM PDT

    As with title, what are some peoples opinions on how Spotify's IPO is going to go on Tuesday the 2nd, and then beyond?

    A last week article I read stated they're to post on Tuesday, being privately traded earlier this year at 48.93 to 132.50, but they may post publicly as high as 220. From what it feels like, this might be the biggest tech IPO I've seen since FB's, to which they posted at if I remember correctly at like 140 but it dropped all the way down to 17 where I bought it at. Don't think Spotify's IPO is going to be anything like this.

    What are your guy's thoughts on it though?

    submitted by /u/bobdole776
    [link] [comments]

    First A Dream by Jim Clayton: Thoughts and Notes (Buffett recommended book, was catalyst for BRK acquiring Clayton Homes)

    Posted: 31 Mar 2018 12:47 AM PDT

    Hi all, I'm new here. Please forgive me if this isn't the right subreddit to post this.

    If anyone of you read Buffett's 2017 letter to shareholders, you'll pick up on the fact that Clayton Homes' market share has increased to an amazing 49%, up from 13% when Berkshire acquired the company in 2003. Its truly an amazing story.

    I finally had an opportunity to read "First a Dream" by Jim Clayton. According to Buffett, reading this book triggered his offer to acquire Clayton Homes.

    If anyone is interested, I have jotted down my thoughts as well as many quotes / excerpts that I found valuable:

    http://zenanalyst.com/2018/03/31/notes-first-dream-jim-clayton/

    If you want to discuss, I'd be happy to be do it here! Thanks all.

    submitted by /u/Keeppgoingg
    [link] [comments]

    I created a new algorithm for my stocks, opinions ?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2018 06:26 AM PDT

    It's basically just a service that runs on my server and it acts if Trump tweets, written in Java.

     TweetListener sub = new TweetListener("realDonaldTrump"); sub.listen(); listener.on("newTweet", tweet -> { // Update // Thanks for the suggestion fellow autist WilliamNyeTho String[] words = tweet.message.split(" "); words.forEach(word => { Ticker t = TickerService.parseSymbol(word); if(t != null) { // This means we found a string that matches a company from the stock market, buy puts ASAP buyPuts(t); } }); if(tweet.message.contains("I'm very smart person")) { sellAll(); } if(tweet.message.contains("great again")) { sellAll(); Ticker ticker = TickerService.find("DOW"); ticker.sellShort(); } if(tweet.message.contains("putin")) { Ticker ticker = TickerService.find("gazprom"); if(ticker != null) { ticker.buy(); } } // obligatory daily NFLX short no matter what Trump tweets Ticker ticker = TickerService.find("NFLX"); if(ticker != null) { ticker.sellShort(); } }); public void sellAll() { Portfolio.stocks.forEach(stock -> { stock.sell(); }); } 

    Opinions ?

    ( I'm sorry but wsb won't let me post )

    submitted by /u/AlwaysNFLXShort
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment